ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How would ever have thought Keith Richards would be a hired hand for bankers? Return to archive Page: 1 2
17th July 2007 12:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
The rich have always had their court jesters and entertainers.

If the rich want to hire the Stones, so be it. Hire Dylan. B.B. Even Bon Jovi.

Who hires a musician doesn't matter.

Does the musician deliver the goods? Is the guitar in tune? Does the lead singer get the words right? That's what matters.

Musicians are the one sector of artists that have this bullshit code of ethics about what they charge and who they play for applied to them.

If a painter gets paid to paint some asshole's wife for a million bucks, it's art. You NEVER hear about a painter "selling out" to the man. "Oh, she just paints for the rich now. What a sell out. She used to sell painting for 10 bucks. Now she sells the same paintings she's always made for a million dollars a canvas."

17th July 2007 12:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I don't want to sound cheeky or pretend to be cleverer, but I think that age of rock 'n' roll was finished long ago

There is good rock music today, and there are great live bands, but rock 'n' roll as an era and as we define it, well, I think it's been dead far too long.

That said, of course the Stones are important. Just imagine how much more important - and still relevant - they would be, had they cared more about their own legacy.

I'm kind of thinking in the long term. The "Middle Ages" lasted a thousand years or so....at least after the historians got to define it. It's all arbritary anyway. I think the living memory of human beings help to define an "age"....

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
17th July 2007 12:46 PM
oldkr you are confusing keith richards with his media image.

OLDKR
17th July 2007 12:56 PM
FotiniD
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
The rich have always had their court jesters and entertainers.

If the rich want to hire the Stones, so be it. Hire Dylan. B.B. Even Bon Jovi.

Who hires a musician doesn't matter.

Does the musician deliver the goods? Is the guitar in tune? Does the lead singer get the words right? That's what matters.

Musicians are the one sector of artists that have this bullshit code of ethics about what they charge and who they play for applied to them.

If a painter gets paid to paint some asshole's wife for a million bucks, it's art. You NEVER hear about a painter "selling out" to the man. "Oh, she just paints for the rich now. What a sell out. She used to sell painting for 10 bucks. Now she sells the same paintings she's always made for a million dollars a canvas."

Well, to start with, jesters never had much of a choice, did they?

I agree that what you say about painters holds true to a certain degree, but if that said painter's art had deteriorated in comparison to his / her previous works, and "inspiration" about painting was greater according to the monetary scale, well... we would be talking about a sell-out either way.
17th July 2007 07:50 PM
Soldatti 5.4 million for the gig...
17th July 2007 07:53 PM
Joey
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
5.4 million for the gig...

that's right !!!!!

Every single one of ya's ...........

BEER ME !!!!!!

17th July 2007 07:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
oldkr wrote:
you are confusing keith richards with his media image.

OLDKR

If he can do it, so can everyone else......
17th July 2007 08:01 PM
mojoman
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
5.4 million for the gig...

euro's? sterling?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)