ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Olympiastadion, Berlin- 21st July 2006
© Johannes Eisele with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Please discuss: Dec. 14th, 1981 soundboard recording with Mick Taylor Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th July 2006 12:21 PM
patioaintdry Feedback appreciated on this and all 1981/82 soundboards.
19th July 2006 12:28 PM
jb As a huge Taylor fan, I could not wait to get a hold of this , but sadly, very ordinary.-no difference in guitar sound except some nice work on "Time is on my side". The other recordings, such as "Jersey Devils", are much better..
19th July 2006 02:00 PM
doo doo doo Dude Also some nice work on Beast of Burden but it's very true that he is difficult to discern since it is a mono soundboard.

19th July 2006 02:13 PM
Honky Tonk Man I haven’t heard the show myself, but by all accounts it’s a fairly decent soundboard recording suffering only from the fact that Taylor’s guitar is almost inaudible at times. It’s certainly not on my list of "must haves".
19th July 2006 02:20 PM
gustavobala i cannot heard MT in this booleg
19th July 2006 02:21 PM
gustavobala "...bootleg..."

sorry!
19th July 2006 02:21 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:
As a huge Taylor fan, I could not wait to get a hold of this , but sadly, very ordinary.-no difference in guitar sound except some nice work on "Time is on my side". The other recordings, such as "Jersey Devils", are much better..

I agree...it's a good boot...a soundboard and whatnot...but it seemed as if they turned MT down in the mix...
19th July 2006 02:23 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I agree...it's a good boot...a soundboard and whatnot...but it seemed as if they turned MT down in the mix...

It's as though Keith went back and took out any of MT's parts.
19th July 2006 02:57 PM
Your Cousin Lou I think you are mistaken. This is an audience recording.
19th July 2006 02:58 PM
Saint Sway if you watch the dvd of the show, you'll notice that at aproximately the 2:37 mark during WOAF, Woody is stumbling around, waving at the crowd and "accidentally" trips over MT's guitar chord and it unplugs from his amp.

one roadie runs out from behind Charlie's kit to plug it back in, but Keith gives a harsh glare and he immediately retreats back to his spot.
19th July 2006 03:44 PM
Throwaway LOL

Quote from Ronnie Wood on that show:

"On the '81 tour in Kansas City, we heard that Mick Taylor was in town we invited him up on stage for a few numbers. Perhaps the reunion over
excited him. He shocked us with how loud he was blasting it. Bulldozing through parts of songs that should have been subtle, ignoring the
breaks and taking uninvited solos. And the volume! I thought me and Keith play loud, but he was easily three times louder than us. I was standing next to him, passing along messages from Keith who would say, 'Tell that fucker to turn it down!' I was a little more diplomatic: 'Um, Mick, the song is finished' or 'It's in E, not F.' Afterwards, Keith told me, 'It's a good thing you were standing in between us or I'd have flattened him.' But he's a lovely man and it was great to see him."
19th July 2006 03:55 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:
I think you are mistaken. This is an audience recording.

I think you are mistaken...this has been covered here many times...there is a soundboard...I have it
19th July 2006 03:57 PM
Joey " I think you are mistaken...this has been covered here many times...there is a soundboard...I have it"

19th July 2006 03:57 PM
glencar Can I get a copy? I haven't heard this one.
19th July 2006 04:05 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Can I get a copy? I haven't heard this one.

You need a copy?...you shall have one...
19th July 2006 04:07 PM
glencar Thank you sir!
19th July 2006 04:10 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Thank you sir!

Email or PM me your addy...I will try and burn it this weekend
19th July 2006 04:11 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Email or PM me your addy...I will try and burn it this weekend

When will the Sprint Center come ' on-line ' ?
19th July 2006 04:11 PM
glencar Okay!
19th July 2006 04:12 PM
glencar BTW It's good to see Fiji back on this board. Has that Flea guy still kept his word & stayed clear of here?
19th July 2006 04:15 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:

When will the Sprint Center come ' on-line ' ?

19th July 2006 06:05 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
LOL

Quote from Ronnie Wood on that show:

"On the '81 tour in Kansas City, we heard that Mick Taylor was in town we invited him up on stage for a few numbers. Perhaps the reunion over
excited him. He shocked us with how loud he was blasting it. Bulldozing through parts of songs that should have been subtle, ignoring the
breaks and taking uninvited solos. And the volume! I thought me and Keith play loud, but he was easily three times louder than us. I was standing next to him, passing along messages from Keith who would say, 'Tell that fucker to turn it down!' I was a little more diplomatic: 'Um, Mick, the song is finished' or 'It's in E, not F.' Afterwards, Keith told me, 'It's a good thing you were standing in between us or I'd have flattened him.' But he's a lovely man and it was great to see him."

To hear Ronnie talk about subtlety and ignoring breaks in light of his current state - ha!
19th July 2006 06:12 PM
Altamont I think there's both an audience recording and a soundboard recording available. Some people have said that Taylor wasn't plugged into the soundboard.

19th July 2006 06:17 PM
Saint Sway COOL PIC! Thanks Altamont!

theres never been a frontman as consistently awesome as Mick. He brings intensity and athleticism EVERY night!
19th July 2006 07:56 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Altamont wrote:
I think there's both an audience recording and a soundboard recording available. Some people have said that Taylor wasn't plugged into the soundboard.

Mathijs knows the whole episode inside and out. Where's he been lately?

19th July 2006 09:24 PM
SweetVirginia
I was there that night and I remember
MT's guitar as being easy to hear, so
when I got the SB recording, I was disappointed
that he's not very loud.

I'd like to hear the audience-recorded version
to see if MT is more audible.

OMG...nearly 25 years ago, wasn't it?

SV

19th July 2006 09:29 PM
pdog Nothing I've ever found that interesting! I still can barely hear him! I'm not even sure I can, I'm just trying to really fucking hard!
19th July 2006 10:39 PM
Soldatti He looks like one of the Ramones on that pic.
Back to the boot, he is barely audible in some songs.
20th July 2006 01:12 AM
jpenn11
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I was there that night and I remember
MT's guitar as being easy to hear, so
when I got the SB recording, I was disappointed
that he's not very loud.
I'd like to hear the audience-recorded version
to see if MT is more audible.
OMG...nearly 25 years ago, wasn't it?
SV

I have not heard the audience, but the reports are that he is not any more audible there.

You can hear him trade licks with Wood on Black Limousine.

You can hear him play chords over Richards' opening in YCAGWYW and then hear him play a solo during the singalong part.

He is also audible during TIOMS and BoB, but I do not remember those parts.

Otherwise, it is difficult to hear him. Supposedly, his amp was set up far away from him so he needed to crank it.

If you were there: did he come on at Black Limousine and stay to the end? The boots say he played from LMG to YCAGWYW, which has him coming on too late. Others have said he was on from the outset. Curiously, he was not introduced when he first came on.
20th July 2006 05:11 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:

If you were there: did he come on at Black Limousine and stay to the end? The boots say he played from LMG to YCAGWYW, which has him coming on too late. Others have said he was on from the outset. Curiously, he was not introduced when he first came on.

If I m correct Mick introduces him with the rest of the band.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)