ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Olympiastadion, Berlin- 21st July 2006
© Johannes Eisele with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Please discuss: Dec. 14th, 1981 soundboard recording with Mick Taylor Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th July 2006 06:15 AM
star star
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:
I have not heard the audience, but the reports are that he is not any more audible there.

You can hear him trade licks with Wood on Black Limousine.

You can hear him play chords over Richards' opening in YCAGWYW and then hear him play a solo during the singalong part.

He is also audible during TIOMS and BoB, but I do not remember those parts.

Otherwise, it is difficult to hear him. Supposedly, his amp was set up far away from him so he needed to crank it.

how is he playing on the boots? on the john mayall reunion he was on fire, is he in similar form here, or doesnt he get the space or time to shine (more likely)?
20th July 2006 06:20 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
star star wrote:

how is he playing on the boots? on the john mayall reunion he was on fire, is he in similar form here, or doesnt he get the space or time to shine (more likely)?

it s hard to compare.
on the mayall's reunion, he gets all the place he deserves and shines all along the record. his work on slide on "Ridin on the Santa Fé" for example is killer!
on this 81 boot, you can hear brief licks and sometimes a solo, sometimes it's messy as hell!
20th July 2006 06:53 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:

If you were there: did he come on at Black Limousine and stay to the end? The boots say he played from LMG to YCAGWYW, which has him coming on too late. Others have said he was on from the outset. Curiously, he was not introduced when he first came on.

That was back in the day when all we ever got
were seats in the nosebleed section. (Actually
I think we were in the 200-level.) Anyway, we were
saying, "Is that Mick Taylor??" Mick J finally introduced
him with the rest of the band.

It has been so long ago, but I seem to remember him
being out there for most of the show. And I'm sure I
can hear him on Black Limosine in the boot.

I can't remember yesterday, so I'm definitely fuzzy
on that night.

SV

20th July 2006 07:24 AM
Zack What Ronnie was saying is clearly bullshit, as you have to strain to hear him at any point. This should have been a monumental event, but sad to say it wasn't. If you didn't know he was there, you wouldn't really be able to tell.
20th July 2006 08:12 AM
marko december 14th is a soundboard
december 15th is a audience recording.

taylor visited on the first show,came in around let me go
and stayed rest of the show.
Taylor is one one of the worts shows of the tour,bad hangover perhaps?
2nd day is much much better.
20th July 2006 09:15 AM
gustavobala
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I think you are mistaken...this has been covered here many times...there is a soundboard...I have it

i think was a soundboard!
20th July 2006 09:18 AM
gustavobala
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
LOL

Quote from Ronnie Wood on that show:

"On the '81 tour in Kansas City, we heard that Mick Taylor was in town we invited him up on stage for a few numbers. Perhaps the reunion over
excited him. He shocked us with how loud he was blasting it. Bulldozing through parts of songs that should have been subtle, ignoring the
breaks and taking uninvited solos. And the volume! I thought me and Keith play loud, but he was easily three times louder than us. I was standing next to him, passing along messages from Keith who would say, 'Tell that fucker to turn it down!' I was a little more diplomatic: 'Um, Mick, the song is finished' or 'It's in E, not F.' Afterwards, Keith told me, 'It's a good thing you were standing in between us or I'd have flattened him.' But he's a lovely man and it was great to see him."

GREEEEEEAT MICK TAYLOR....PLAY LOUD AND FAST....

I LOVE THIS GUY!!!!!
20th July 2006 09:23 AM
gustavobala
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

If I m correct Mick introduces him with the rest of the band.

yes....
20th July 2006 10:22 AM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

**** ? ****

Sigh :

Some new dates been added for the 1st leg of the US & Canada tour…more dates just waiting to be confirmed so I'll post them for you as soon as they're definite.

Hamish

Sep 12, 2006 Philadelphia PA US Wachovia Center
Sep 13, 2006 Wantagh NY US Jones Beach Theater
Sep 15, 2006 Ottawa ON CA Scotia Place
Sep 16, 2006 Boston MA US TD Bank North Garden
Sep 18, 2006 New York NY US Madison Square Garden
Sep 19, 2006 New York NY US Madison Square Garden
Sep 21, 2006 Holmdel NJ US PNC Bank Arts Center
Sep 23, 2006 Baltimore MD US Pimlico Race Course
Sep 25, 2006 Chicago IL US United Center
Sep 27, 2006 *** NOT KEMPER -- SORRY FIJ ***
Sep 29, 2006 Detroit MI US Palace at Auburn Hills
Sep 30, 2006 London ON CA John Labatt Centre
Oct 03, 2006 Winnipeg MB CA MTS Centre
Oct 05, 2006 Calgary AB CA Pengrowth Saddledome
Oct 06, 2006 Edmonton AB CA Rexall Place
Oct 08, 2006 Vancouver BC CA GM Place
Oct 10, 2006 Portland OR US Rose Garden
Oct 11, 2006 Seattle WA US Key Arena
Nov 05, 2006 Los Angeles CA US Hollywood Bowl
Dec 04, 2006 Toronto ON US Air Canada Centre

20th July 2006 10:27 AM
Throwaway I think I hear MT on Neighbors..I remember one theory saying he came out halfway through that song. And he's on Black Limo for sure; after the song Jagger says "Thank you Mick."
20th July 2006 10:40 AM
jpenn11
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:It has been so long ago, but I seem to remember him
being out there for most of the show. And I'm sure I
can hear him on Black Limosine in the boot.

Thanks!

quote:
star star wrote:

He was incredible during that whole 1982 tour with Mayall one year later. Did not lose a step from his days with the Stones in the 70s. In 1981, he was playing more of a backup role on Alvin Lee's tour, when they crossed paths with the Stones.

In '81 in KC, Taylor was the third guitarist--sometimes the fourth guitarist--on the Stones stage, with Ernie Watts bleating away incessantly. (Nothing personal, EW: just the wrong night.) Aside from trading licks with Wood on Black Limousine, he seems to have been given no space, so he made his own. (See my comments about YCAGWYW.) Also, he did not really know the new songs and may have forgotten some older ones that were never played on stage (LIB). An historic opportunity squandered.
20th July 2006 10:58 AM
jb EW ruined that entire tour................really loud, long and annoying.
20th July 2006 11:03 AM
Joey " (Nothing personal, EW: just the wrong night.) "

Ernie Watts ( see : The Tonight Show Band with J.C. ) MADE that particular tour .

20th July 2006 02:22 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
I think I hear MT on Neighbors..I remember one theory saying he came out halfway through that song. And he's on Black Limo for sure; after the song Jagger says "Thank you Mick."

I'm in agreement and have heard this from another person who was in attendance that he came on during Neighbors. He's got a great little lick that he lays over the top of the intro of Time is on My Side and he finds an awesome groove on Beast of Burden. I also hear him on YCAGWYW, WOAF(albeit terrible), Tumbling Dice, Miss You and Start Me Up.
21st July 2006 10:56 AM
Bruno
Is there only that Taylor "Ramone" pic from that night? Can´t believe it!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)