ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Happy anniversary Gazza
Today 23 years ago Gazza lost his ears virginity!! Congratulations!!
Slane Castle, Republic of Ireland - 24th July 1982
© 1982 Denis O'Regan
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: it really IS bill wyman week... Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 14th, 2005 08:55 AM
mac_daddy nice header.

July 14th, 2005 09:01 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl There's a hidden message in the HEADER picture about the Bill Wyman's week at Casa de Maxy
July 14th, 2005 09:19 AM
Maxlugar Oh bless you Voodoo! I see it!

Come to Bill Wyman Week again. We've been discussing his hair, his God-like bass playing and his penchant for young women, natch.

Two days left before closing ceremonies!
July 14th, 2005 09:31 AM
Starbuck
quote:

Maxy uttered:
Come to Bill Wyman Week again. We've been discussing his hair, his God-like bass playing and his penchant for young women, natch.

max, this has eerie shades of DL. has she been informed?
July 14th, 2005 09:40 AM
Maxlugar Who's DL again?
July 14th, 2005 09:41 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Who's DL again?

July 14th, 2005 11:32 AM
FPM C10 Nice headband, Bill. I guess it holds the wig in place on windy days...and the jogging suit...the guys from Loverboy called and asked you to stay out of their closet.

Lame!

And Maxy...about your stupid "Swiftboat" picture...also lame!

The election's over. You guys won. Why cling to lies you have no need for? I know the MOST important thing on the Neocon agenda is pissing off liberals, but nobody really cares much about Kerry. Surely you can find something a little more incendiary.

July 14th, 2005 11:35 AM
Joey [quote]FPM C10 wrote:
Nice headband, Bill. I guess it holds the wig in place on windy days...and the jogging suit...the guys from Loverboy called and asked you to stay out of their closet."

You make Joey laugh like Hell !!!!!!

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

July 14th, 2005 12:29 PM
glencar Max, "DL" = Demon Life. Truly nutty.
July 14th, 2005 12:35 PM
PeerQueer I miss Bill's bass. Stones haven't sounded as good w/o it, live or otherwise.

July 14th, 2005 01:59 PM
Joey
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
I miss Bill's bass. Stones haven't sounded as good w/o it, live or otherwise.

Agreed !

I have always referred to him as : Bill " The Little Hands That Could " Wyman .

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky !
July 14th, 2005 02:07 PM
jb Bill interaction with Charlie and Keith is sorely missed. Say whatyou want, but he is one of the best bass players ever. He really had that Stones grove thing ......I was sad to seee him go, and while Daryl is an accomplished player, I don't think he fits in as well as Bill did.
July 14th, 2005 02:08 PM
glencar I miss him too but ain't no use in crying...
July 14th, 2005 02:39 PM
Maxlugar [quote]FPM C10 wrote:
Lame!

Surely you can find something a little more incendiary.

SHAZZAM!!!

Liberals know all about protecting our country!

TEE HEE!
July 14th, 2005 02:50 PM
Joey

Man that guy was a LOSER !!!!!

" Liberals know all about protecting our country! "

Once Proud Maxy Acts so Humble

July 14th, 2005 03:14 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Man that guy was a LOSER !!!!!

" Liberals know all about protecting our country! "

Once Proud Maxy Acts so Humble

I've got my eye on you today, kiddo!

July 14th, 2005 03:41 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I've got my eye on you today, kiddo!

Is it a Date ?!?! :

" We are looking at October ( tentative )

www.iorr.org

Mid/West Coast USA/Canada 2005

This table updated Jul 9, 2005 Fall 2005 Qwest Center

Omaha Omaha, NE USA 17,000 RUMOURED

http://www.iorr.org/tour05/index.htm
July 14th, 2005 04:18 PM
kath daryl is really good, tho. monkey man on 4 flicks...the man cooks!!

as for bill...yes, he is a fine bass player. and i like his new band quite a lot. but i don't yearn to see him on stage with the stones again...
July 14th, 2005 04:21 PM
glencar
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]FPM C10 wrote:
Lame!

Surely you can find something a little more incendiary.

SHAZZAM!!!

Liberals know all about protecting our country!

TEE HEE!

LOL "Unhinged" seems to be taking a break today. Maybe he & his AQ buddies are planning revenge on Tele!
July 14th, 2005 04:26 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:

Maybe he & his AQ buddies are planning revenge on Tele!

" Ho ! ... Ho ! ... Ho !!!! "

July 14th, 2005 04:28 PM
glencar LOL I'm sure that'll launch another week of tirades. It's sad watching someone I respected break down. It's Margo Kidder all over again.
July 14th, 2005 04:52 PM
parmeda
quote:
kath wrote:
daryl is really good, tho. monkey man on 4 flicks...the man cooks!!

I agree kath!

July 14th, 2005 09:45 PM
Soldatti Darryl is an average player, Bill was the man a he kicked ass with Charlie.
July 14th, 2005 11:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Oh bless you Voodoo! I see it!

Two days left before closing ceremonies!

You're also talking about Mandy

July 15th, 2005 01:14 AM
CraigP It's true. They haven't sounded as good since he left. Bill Wyman's sound blended so smoothly with the band.
July 15th, 2005 07:39 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Soldatti wrote:
Darryl is an average player, Bill was the man a he kicked ass with Charlie.

Ya know kid, you're not so bad afterall.

I've got my eye on you pal.

July 15th, 2005 10:44 AM
FPM C10 An unhinged dissenting opinion on Bill:

Bill is a spud. His bass playing is clunky and not terribly rhythmic - in a word, WHITE. (Sorry if that offends Max, who has become very PC lately.) Bill wouldn't know a groove if it knocked his wig off. The rhythm section of the Stones during Bill's tenure was Charlie and KEITH. I would bet two American dollars that none of the people lauding Bill's skills in this thread are bass players or drummers, because we KNOW Bill's a spud.

On top of being the least capable member of the band musically he was also the most boring. He lived through the 60s and 70s with the freaking Rolling Stones and then published a book of laundry lists and bank statements to reflect HIS take on it. Many of the REALLY great basslines in Stones songs from this period were played by Keith or Mick Taylor.

He belly-ached about not getting a chance to submit material for the Stones, yet in a career spanning five decades he has produced nothing on his own except embarrassing drivel. His solo albums are among the worst albums ever released; the promo films that accompanied them make Benny Hill look like Buster Keaton.

He QUIT the Rolling Stones in order to open a hamburger stand and scour the countryside with his metal detector. He was tired of playing with the world's greatest rock and roll band yet put together a gang of capable has-beens that reminds one of a second rate version of Ringo's All-Starr Band*. (*denotes irony) In this "band" Bill is once again the least capable member, yet for some reason their embarrassing albums come out under his name. Well, actually the reason is that Bill was once a Rolling Stone, and even though he never misses an opportunity to badmouth the band, he also never misses an opportunity to make a quick buck off his former relationship with them.

Although I often berate Mick Taylor as "Mick The Quitter", his post-Stones "career" and demeanor are positively commendable in comparison.

In the interest of fairness I will now list things I like about Bill:

Those cool "dive bomber" runs at the end of "19th Nervous Breakdown".

Cool see-thru Ampeg Dan Armstrong bass he played on '72 tour.

Mildly funny in "Video Rewind" linking segments.

If I think of any more I'll add them later. Don't hold your breath, though.
July 15th, 2005 10:50 AM
nankerphelge Mandy's got good taste in sneaks!!
Converse All Stars!!

Are those her legs or is she riding a chicken??
July 15th, 2005 10:57 AM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Mandy's got good taste in sneaks!!
Converse All Stars!!

Are those her legs or is she riding a chicken??

You'd bang her "skinny legs" and all...(see Joe Tex)
[Edited by jb]
July 15th, 2005 10:58 AM
nankerphelge I'd love to banf her!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)