ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Bravo Magazine - Germany 1982 with thanks to TT aka TooTough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones 50 years Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th July 2004 05:17 PM
Joey
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
HI, JOEYKINS!!! I just want to give you just a QUICK
hint to get to the 10k fast, etc.... Just post one word posts and small
posts, and shit... lol................. Have to go 'cause I'm still moving and
at work (I need a vacation), etc.!!! Anyways, take care
and I'll be watching it, of course (and keep up the EXCELLENT
work)!!! PEACE and ROCK ON!!! Take
care!!!

*** Martha ***

Hello MarthaMyDear ....................................

I certainly hope your move will be completed in time for the August WHO Concert at the Hollywood Bowl .

Developing ..................................

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

H. R. Puffin Joe !
7th July 2004 05:27 PM
F505
quote:
WildBillGrover wrote:

Luther was great back in the '70s, (I used to think he was the second coming of Jimi) but I think he was on top of the fuckin world when he made his big return splash from Europe at the Chicago Blues Festival (I think 1995) and played with Otis Rush at the Petrillo Stage. I had goose bumps the whole time and will remember it to the day I die.

I will also remember fondly talking to Luther in the late '70s or early '80s at Lohmeier's Drumstick in Lincoln, Nebraska about his Les Paul and the super-duper fiberglass case that was supposed to be indestructible. He told me his guitar and case had been dropped down a flight of stairs. The case was OK. The guitar's neck broke off. I can't remember what else we talked about, but I must have had a big ol' shit-eatin' grin on my face because at the end of the 15 min. or so conversation, he said, "keep on smilin'!"

Nice story Wild Bill, although I still dig Luther the most in the seventies....
7th July 2004 05:33 PM
Lil Brian WildBill-
The Zoo and The Drumstick in the same thread?
Being from Lincoln, I have to respond and admit I spent more than my share of days at both places. I still refuse to enter that damn MacDonalds restaurant they built on top of the Drumstick. What a great place it was to enjoy some chicken legs and listen to live music! They opened in '66 and hosted more bands than I could name. At the time I was working at Pickles Records downtown and loved it all. Some favorites were Dwight Yoakum and the 10,000 Maniacs' first time around. Also REM, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Black Flag... many moons ago but great (hazy) memories.
The downtown Zoo Bar is still alive and well. The 31st Anniversary celebration is this month. http://www.zoobar.com/
9th July 2004 02:59 PM
WildBillGrover
quote:
Joey wrote:

WildBillGrover ..................I can smell beer on your breath .

You stink of trying-to-do-too-many-posts funk. Clean up your act!
9th July 2004 03:02 PM
WildBillGrover
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:
WildBill-
The Zoo and The Drumstick in the same thread?
Being from Lincoln, I have to respond and admit I spent more than my share of days at both places. I still refuse to enter that damn MacDonalds restaurant they built on top of the Drumstick. What a great place it was to enjoy some chicken legs and listen to live music! They opened in '66 and hosted more bands than I could name. At the time I was working at Pickles Records downtown and loved it all. Some favorites were Dwight Yoakum and the 10,000 Maniacs' first time around. Also REM, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Black Flag... many moons ago but great (hazy) memories.
The downtown Zoo Bar is still alive and well. The 31st Anniversary celebration is this month. http://www.zoobar.com/

PM check!

9th July 2004 04:15 PM
WildBillGrover Robel:

Jacobi:

Charlie:

Modern-Day Crap Detectors:

Zoo:

9th July 2004 04:30 PM
WildBillGrover Brother:

Jacobi's latest:

Penis of The Plains:

9th July 2004 04:43 PM
Bloozehound I was in Lincoln, NE about 2 years ago, is this Zoo bar downtown near the campus, and sorta downstairs below street level ? It looks kinda familiar.
9th July 2004 05:04 PM
Lil Brian Zoo Fest 2004: Celebrating 31 years of Zoo Music
On "N" Street between 13th and 14th streets.
Tickets: $10 at the gate. Children 12 and under free.
by L. Kent Wolgamott - Lincoln Journal Star 7/9/04

Tonight

5PM - The Weary Boys. This Austin, Texas, hillbilly band appeals as much to rock 'n' roll fans as it does to old-country purists.

7PM - James Harman & The Tablerockers, Southern California bluesman Harman and his harmonica team up with Lincoln-Gone-to-Arkansas trio The Tablerockers for some classic blues.

9 PM - Son Seals, Chicago blues legend Seals is ailing, but he's out playing some festivals, bringing his disinct, aggressive style and brilliant guitar playing to the public one more time.

11PM - The Bel-Airs. This Columbia, Mo., trio has been dubbed the "Everly Brother of the Blues" and is one of the hardest touring acts in the business. They're also Zoo Bar Favorites.

Saturday

1PM - Magnificent 7. this Lincoln funk band opens Satruday's day of music.

3PM - Charlie Burton & the Dorothy Lynch Mob. This outfit made up of Nebraska music veterans mixes a little country with rock 'n' roll, and there's no better entertainer anywhere than Burton.

5PM - Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash. The Man in Black gave his endorsement to this San Diego country band before he passed away. Enough said.

7PM - The Mezcal Brothers. Lincoln's hardest touring band, this rockabilly quartet just released a fine album and always puts on a rockin' show.

9PM - E.C. Scott. "Rock guitar, funk bass, and hard gospel". This ain't your Daddy's kind of blues.

11PM - The Paladins. Southern California's Dave Gonzalez and company have kept the rockabilly flame alive for decades.

13th July 2004 02:24 PM
WildBillGrover
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I was in Lincoln, NE about 2 years ago, is this Zoo bar downtown near the campus, and sorta downstairs below street level ? It looks kinda familiar.

No, the Zoo Bar is at ground level - not subterranean. It's two blocks south of the campus.

13th July 2004 02:26 PM
WildBillGrover Sorry about that last picture.

13th July 2004 04:37 PM
Lil Brian Welcome to the Bill Callahan era. Here come the Huskers!
13th July 2004 05:38 PM
Lil Brian We're going to open it up this year. www.CoachCallahan.com
Page: 1 2