ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Photos of arriving at 1st rehearsal Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 14th, 2005 10:16 PM
Mr Jimmy I just got home from Greenwood. After standing in the rain for an hour and a half, the weather gods called a stop to all things wet which was followed by the arrival of Ron Wood at a few minutes before 6 pm Eastern. He looked healthy and very happy. The barricades kept onlookers held back about 50 feet from the door. Shortly thereafter, Mr Keith Richards pulled up, got out of his Lincoln Town Car, turned to face the small crowd and offered us a genuine smile... gotta love that guy. He was looking very Keef. Next... a white van pulled up and out came Charlie Watts with that loveable Charlie smile. Chuck stepped out of the same van. At this point it was about 6:30 and we waited for Mick... and waited... and waited... and waited some more. An hour passed and we heard rumblings that he had been delayed at the airport because of thunderstorms. He finally arrived just before 8:30, gave a very quick smile and walked straight through the door. Yes... the arrival of the band spanned 2 & half hours but it sure was great to finally SEE them. I've included only 2 photos because the others showed a blurry Ronnie, and the back of Mick. I think I'll have some dinner now.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[Edited by Mr Jimmy]
I just moved the photos from my server to a photobucket account

Thanks for the pm voodoochile & I hope you received my reply because I'm serious about the Costa Maya next year.
[Edited by Mr Jimmy]
July 14th, 2005 10:26 PM
PeerQueer God bless you these are fantastic!
July 14th, 2005 10:27 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Mr. Jimmy standing in line!!

Great keep it coming thanks SO MUCH!!
July 14th, 2005 10:29 PM
akissaway Thanks for sharing, Mr. Jimmy. You rock!
Great pics.
July 14th, 2005 10:33 PM
Soldatti Thanks Jimmy!
July 14th, 2005 10:38 PM
Tom Thank you Mr. Jimmy you made my night, it's coming!
July 14th, 2005 11:02 PM
Poplar
HEALL YEAH!
July 14th, 2005 11:19 PM
moy you rock mr. jimmy thanks for sharing
July 14th, 2005 11:57 PM
Mottrush Well done Mr Jimmy! Outstanding work!!!
July 15th, 2005 12:00 AM
CS oh my oh my

can't wait no more!

THANK YOU MR. JIMMY

Keep'em coming
July 15th, 2005 02:35 AM
FotiniD Thank you so much Mr. Jimmy! Friday morning at work, I log on to RO and see Keith ready for rehearsals - doesn't get any better!

Boy, RO Spies are better than James Bond

Great job! Thanks a million!
July 15th, 2005 02:38 AM
Madafaka Thanks Jimmy!
July 15th, 2005 04:03 AM
stewed & Keefed Thanks Jimmy....great pics
July 15th, 2005 04:29 AM
Zack So does this mean the album's finished? Why don't we have a title yet?

Great pix, Mr. Jimmy
July 15th, 2005 04:41 AM
Moonisup thanks for the info!!
July 15th, 2005 05:08 AM
charlotte Pope Voodoo, please put Mr Jimmy up for sainthood...
July 15th, 2005 05:22 AM
Ten Thousand Motels !!!!!
July 15th, 2005 07:08 AM
LadyJane I am in tears!!!!!!!!!

OUR band is back!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am gonna lose it at Fenway when I see Charlie on stage!!

God Bless them...Thank you Mr Jimmy!!!

LJ.
July 15th, 2005 07:19 AM
bez85 Is that Curly from the three stooges getting out of the car with Keith?
July 15th, 2005 07:50 AM
Lazy Bones Nice work, Mr. Jimmy.

Hopefully we can meet up down there in the coming weeks. Thanks for starting things off with those nice pics!

There's just something about seeing Charlie smile...
July 15th, 2005 07:57 AM
Monkey Woman That's beautiful! Thanks a lot, Mr Jimmy! The boys look healthy and relaxed, this is a good sign.

BTW, there's a little pic of Mick from a TV report at Shidoobee plus a wonderful story of a few fans managing to chat with him a little and getting things signed:

http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm449.showMessage?topicID=10.topic
July 15th, 2005 08:29 AM
scratched Wow! Good work Mr Jimmy. Still finding it hard to believe that Keith arrived first!
July 15th, 2005 09:42 AM
Jair Many thanks Mr Jimmy. You made my day!!!
July 15th, 2005 10:05 AM
nankerphelge TINGLE TINGLE

The hairs stood right up on my arm!!

Hell yeah!
July 15th, 2005 10:09 AM
Steel Wheels Rock and Roll is seeing Charlie getting out of a van for some rehearsing.

THEY ARE BACK!
July 15th, 2005 10:18 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Rock and Roll is seeing Charlie getting out of a van for some rehearsing.

THEY ARE BACK!

I am proud to break the story that the first song known to have been rehearsed is; "GIMME SHELTER"

credit shidoobee.
July 15th, 2005 10:30 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff Jimmy!!!! you rock!!!
Thank you, guy!!
Fabio
hey, the band is comin'!!
July 15th, 2005 10:39 AM
Mr Jimmy Thanks to everyone for the kind words... I only posted the photos on Rock's Off as this is my absolute favourite Rolling Stone site!

I went back to Greenwood after dinner last night and it's really difficult to hear. I hope they move to another location before the end of rehearsals. I talked to the guy who owns the house directly behind the school, and although he sponged up the attention from the fans & media, he really doesn't like the noise... he said he was kept up the night before when they were testing some of the equipment... believe me when I say it was quiet outside considering that the Rolling Stones were playing just inside the wall.
July 15th, 2005 10:42 AM
nankerphelge Well despite the quiet, you are lucky to be there.
Wish I could be -- altho I could never deal with being in the rehearsals -- I would literally lose my lil' mind -- I'd just be a hootin' and a hollerin' and they'd have to kick me out!
July 15th, 2005 10:51 AM
FPM C10 Truly cool stuff. I wish I was there.

Damn, if Tele had given me the cash to move to Canada after the election I WOULD be!

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)