ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Niedersachsen NDR2 Radio thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: More on rehearsal in Milan: hot content! (warning : possible setlist spoiler content!) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th July 2006 08:45 AM
maumau According to some newspapers they have undust
“Con le mie lacrime” (1966 version of “As tears go by” in italian !!!!), “Rain fall down”, “Out of control”, “It’s only rock and roll (but I like it)”, “She’s a rainbow”, “Rough justice”, “Let it bleed”, “Oh no, not you again”, “She’s so cold”, “Harlem shuffle” e “All down the line”.

http://www.rockol.it
(Fonti: La Repubblica, Corriere della Sera, La Stampa)
7th July 2006 08:52 AM
FotiniD Thanks for the translation maumau, saw the article you posted on IORR as well

As Tears go By - the Italian version?

Boy, if they do get along with what they're rehearsing, are we in for some treat or what...
7th July 2006 08:53 AM
Jumacfly good, may be we can hope more than 15 songs!
7th July 2006 08:58 AM
maumau
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Thanks for the translation maumau, saw the article you posted on IORR as well

Boy, if they do get along with what they're rehearsing, are we in for some treat or what...

About "Con le mie lacrime", i ask confirm to jacopo on www.rollingstonesitalia.com forum because that would be really something!
7th July 2006 09:03 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Have you not heard it? It's exactly the same (I think!) as the English version, except Mick’s singing it in Italian. I think it was recorded to coincide with they're first trip to Italy in '67.
7th July 2006 09:14 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Have you not heard it? It's exactly the same (I think!) as the English version, except Mick’s singing it in Italian. I think it was recorded to coincide with they're first trip to Italy in '67.

Yes, I've heard it Alex. I was just too surprised they even thought of rehearsing it! We're not used to such "bold" setlist changes, not even with songs they actually sing in their own language
7th July 2006 09:34 AM
F505
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
good, may be we can hope more than 15 songs!

You are very optimistic!
7th July 2006 09:49 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Yes, I've heard it Alex. I was just too surprised they even thought of rehearsing it! We're not used to such "bold" setlist changes, not even with songs they actually sing in their own language

Yeah, we're defiantly not used to it, but really, I don't think it's too much of a tall order. They recorded it in Italian, so it would make sense to perform it that way. I think it will be a great gesture. However, I'm also flabbergasted that they even remember it, let alone rehearsed it. Aside from the hits, I've always felt that Mick suffers from pre-1968 memory loss!
7th July 2006 09:54 AM
jb Nothing too exciting...
7th July 2006 09:55 AM
FotiniD
quote:
jb wrote:
Nothing too exciting...

To be honest jb, at this point and after the whole 2006 thing, I'll still be excited even if they decide to indeed play Popeye the Sailor Man
7th July 2006 10:01 AM
Joey
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

To be honest jb, at this point and after the whole 2006 thing, I'll still be excited even if they decide to indeed play Popeye the Sailor Man

Thankfully the upcoming one hundred and seventy - two date " Mini Tour " of the United States suffered no adverse effects from Keith's Lil' ' accident ' [ Lil' Fiji ] .

Cassie & Yates !
7th July 2006 10:05 AM
jb
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

I understand....it seems this tour just lost momentum about 1/2 way through ; combined with Keith's injury and cancelled dates, it is understandable how disappointing it has been to many.
7th July 2006 10:15 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

I understand....it seems this tour just lost momentum about 1/2 way through ; combined with Keith's injury and cancelled dates, it is understandable how disappointing it has been to many.

A Bust ?!?!

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
7th July 2006 10:17 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Bust ?!?!

Well see how things go next week.....mini US tour may be last chance for those to enjoy...
7th July 2006 10:18 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Well see how things go next week.....mini US tour may be last chance for those to enjoy...

Will U.S. WHO TOUR DATES be announced first ?!?!

Please ..... I's needs to's knows .

Jazzy
7th July 2006 10:20 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Will U.S. WHO TOUR DATES be announced first ?!?!

Please ..... I's needs to's knows .

Jazzy

Pete is a musical genuis and therefore a very tortured soul over the past 20 yrs. The Who's management has not done for them what Cohl has done for the Stones...we'll see.
[Edited by jb]
7th July 2006 01:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Pete is a musical genuis and therefore a very tortured soul over the past 20 yrs. The Who's management has not done for them what Cohl has done for the Stones...we'll see.
[Edited by jb]

The Cohl family has made the stones millions of dollars and has proven to be without peer when it comes to strategically presenting each tour as a "New and Improved" whilst only requiring the band to change the stage design and small portion of the setlist. This leads to higher prices, higher margin, and ultimately a wonderful way for us (die hard fans) to spend our hard earned money giving something back to the band that has given us so much!
7th July 2006 01:12 PM
jb Agree with above post....we are very lucky .
7th July 2006 01:18 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

But it took until about the year 1999 for The Who to start sounding like The Who again. I wouldn't be surprised if the 1989 tour (2nd highest grossing tour of the year) turned off a huge portion of the potential future fanbase. I had little interest in the Quadrophenia tour because Pete only really played guitar the first 2 or 3 dates.
7th July 2006 01:21 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

But it took until about the year 1999 for The Who to start sounding like The Who again. I wouldn't be surprised if the 1989 tour (2nd highest grossing tour of the year) turned off a huge portion of the potential future fanbase. I had little interest in the Quadrophenia tour because Pete only really played guitar the first 2 or 3 dates.

"Hey Joe" was the highlight of that tour for me...
7th July 2006 01:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
maumau wrote:
According to some newspapers they have undust
“Con le mie lacrime” (1966 version of “As tears go by” in italian !!!!), “Rain fall down”, “Out of control”, “It’s only rock and roll (but I like it)”, “She’s a rainbow”, “Rough justice”, “Let it bleed”, “Oh no, not you again”, “She’s so cold”, “Harlem shuffle” e “All down the line”.

http://www.rockol.it
(Fonti: La Repubblica, Corriere della Sera, La Stampa)

someone on IORR suggested a couple of weeks ago they might do Con Le Lie Lacrime and was (naturally) laughed at for being totally unrealistic

I cant seriously believe theyre contemplating dusting that one off for a once only performance. If they do, however, that would be the most left-field and radical song choice of their performing career.

Some nice additions to the rehearsals if that list is correct
7th July 2006 01:41 PM
jb Harlem Shuffle sucks....Only thing interesting SAR and LIB....
7th July 2006 01:45 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

A Bust ?!?!

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]

She looks like my grandmother's Polish cleaning woman.

As tears go by - as they steal the silver!

7th July 2006 01:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Harlem Shuffle sucks....Only thing interesting SAR and LIB....

by this tour's standards, the inclusion of any of those songs would be regarded as ground-breaking
7th July 2006 01:52 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

by this tour's standards, the inclusion of any of those songs would be regarded as ground-breaking

I think the only real "surprise" this tour was Sway...it was nice, but also painful to listen to. ATGB comes off a little soft, no??? (Mick humming is embarrassing to me).
7th July 2006 01:54 PM
F505
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

She looks like my grandmother's Polish cleaning woman.

As tears go by - as they steal the silver!

Hello Lambchop!!
7th July 2006 01:55 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

I think the only real "surprise" this tour was Sway...it was nice, but also painful to listen to. ATGB comes off a little soft, no??? (Mick humming is embarrassing to me).

Reduced me momentarily to a blubbering wreck at MSG, I have to admit....
[Edited by Gazza]
7th July 2006 02:01 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

"Hey Joe" was the highlight of that tour for me...

That made most of the preceding 3 hours totally worth it to me. At the LA Coliseum, the Olympic Torch blazed up during that song. I also liked "Rough Boys" "Join Together" "Eminence Front" and "Trick Of The Light."

The 40 mins of Tommy was really tedious and the intermission killed any momentum they started to gain. Pete didn't even truly come to life until "Hey Joe" but by then the concert was almost over.
7th July 2006 02:02 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Sway got better as time went by. I hate ATGB, it was nice seeing them do it for the first time ever, but I hope to never be subjected to it again.
7th July 2006 02:04 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Sway got better as time went by. I hate ATGB, it was nice seeing them do it for the first time ever, but I hope to never be subjected to it again.

Agreed...once was more than enough...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)