ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Niedersachsen NDR2 Radio thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: More on rehearsal in Milan: hot content! (warning : possible setlist spoiler content!) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
9th July 2006 12:19 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I had to peak at the setlist.

Looking good!!!

LJ.

Same here!!! Some nice changes for Milan.
9th July 2006 12:38 PM
bootcover At THIS time they're rehearsing Tumblin Dice and Monkey Man in San Siro
9th July 2006 03:36 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Looking good!!!

10th July 2006 11:28 AM
Lethargy
quote:
jb wrote:

I think the only real "surprise" this tour was Sway...it was nice, but also painful to listen to. ATGB comes off a little soft, no??? (Mick humming is embarrassing to me).

I agree that while Sway's inclusion was impressive, the performance was not. They turned one of their most intense, soulful tunes into a mild country snore.
10th July 2006 11:33 AM
jb
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

I agree that while Sway's inclusion was impressive, the performance was not. They turned one of their most intense, soulful tunes into a mild country snore.

Agreed....a very "pop" rendition with none of the emotion and angst in the reorded cersion...but atleast they tried. We will get a few gems in the fall while Europe get SOL...we also will add to gross unlike many venues wide open in Europe.
10th July 2006 11:37 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Agreed....a very "pop" rendition with none of the emotion and angst in the reorded cersion...but atleast they tried. We will get a few gems in the fall while Europe get SOL...we also will add to gross unlike many venues wide open in Europe.

When we suggested months ago that several shows will need to be cancelled, we were mocked and attacked....yet again we were correct! THankfully, the fall mini tour will save the gross!
10th July 2006 11:51 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

"Hey Joe" was the highlight of that tour for me...

YES !!!!!!

http://www.thewholive.de/details/index.php?id=531&Tracklisting=&GroupID=1&Tag=&Monat=&Jahr=1989&Stadt=&Halle=&LandID=0

During the Encore ---- outstanding " Petey "

The K.C. Show at Arrowhead absolutely ROCKED !!!!!!

[cc:ss]
[Edited by Joey]
10th July 2006 11:58 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

When we suggested months ago that several shows will need to be cancelled, we were mocked and attacked....yet again we were correct! THankfully, the fall mini tour will save the gross!

Being correct brings me liitle joy these days..I wish I had been wrong and the shows would have happened...sadly, we called this months ago and it has, as per usual, come to fruition.
10th July 2006 12:01 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Being correct brings me liitle joy these days..I wish I had been wrong and the shows would have happened...sadly, we called this months ago and it has, as per usual, come to fruition.

We should be paid .
10th July 2006 12:06 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

We should be paid .

I seek no runumeration for my services..I do it b/c I care about the fans...and after all, isn';t that what this is all about????(plus winning gross).
10th July 2006 12:10 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

(plus winning gross).

**** WHEW ****

You scared me there for JUST a second .

**** WHEW *****
10th July 2006 12:32 PM
nankerphelge Joey?

10th July 2006 12:33 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

When we suggested months ago that several shows will need to be cancelled, we were mocked and attacked....yet again we were correct!

Dear Caped Crusader,

I truly wish you would use your powers of prediction on good and not evil.

Rather than predicting poor ticket sales and cancellations, you could of predicted that Keith MUST stay away from coconut trees. Not having done this, you truly dissapointed many European fans.

whatever happened to "making dreams come true"???

with much love and respect,

Your Arch Nemisis ~ Sway
10th July 2006 12:34 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

I seek no runumeration for my services..I do it b/c I care about the fans...and after all, isn';t that what this is all about????(plus winning gross).

U2 will tour again in 2009-2010 and they WILL come back for a stadium leg in the U.S.
10th July 2006 12:38 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

U2 will tour again in 2009-2010 and they WILL come back for a stadium leg in the U.S.

They will, unquestionably, have the highest grossing tour eventually. However, they are decades younger and if the Stones were in their prime, no one would come close..U2 is very much a product of our times-more substance than form..they have a few nice songs, but they are not in the same catef=gory as Stones or even Who. They have, totheir credit, marketed themsleves brilliantly and appeal to both young andc old, wjereas Stones =cadaver crowd.
10th July 2006 12:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Dear Caped Crusader,

I truly wish you would use your powers of prediction on good and not evil.

Rather than predicting poor ticket sales and cancellations, you could of predicted that Keith MUST stay away from coconut trees. Not having done this, you truly dissapointed many European fans.

whatever happened to "making dreams come true"???

with much love and respect,

Your Arch Nemisis ~ Sway

Sadly, I can only please some of the people some of the time. While it was clear cut that there would be several wide open shows/cancellations, not even joey could have seen the coconut tree incident coming. Rehab Ronnie....sure? But this, much like the "library incident" is very Brownian, thus difficult to predict.

You want positive....I predict the mini tour will sell very well in Boston, NYC, and Chicago (to a lesser extent)
10th July 2006 12:44 PM
jb Chicago=no longer strong market...just like Philly, very average.
10th July 2006 12:57 PM
Saint Sway Thank you Pug.

If possible please use your powers of prediction to help our European friends and warn them at what show SOL might be played. Its is imperative for their mental health and overall well being.
10th July 2006 01:15 PM
PeerQueer [quote]jb wrote:

..U2 is very much a product of our times-more substance than form..they have a few nice songs,

Perhaps you meant to say more form than substance!

Otherwise, your "substance than form" would qualify as supportive of U2.

Game. Set. Match.

10th July 2006 01:20 PM
jb
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
[quote]jb wrote:

..U2 is very much a product of our times-more substance than form..they have a few nice songs,

Perhaps you meant to say more form than substance!

Otherwise, your "substance than form" would qualify as supportive of U2.

Game. Set. Match.

Yes...I meant to say more form than subtance...and yes, they will overtake the Stones as greatest ever based on demographics....
10th July 2006 01:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Thank you Pug.

If possible please use your powers of prediction to help our European friends and warn them at what show SOL might be played. Its is imperative for their mental health and overall well being.

Sadly, this will not be much of a prediction. This will be played at all early shows (it was the first single, compare how much Rough Justice was played in the US). This could be dumped from the setlist if it falls flat:

See: Rock and a Hard Place 1997, Undercover 1999, Back of My Hand 2005, Out of Control 2005, 2003 etc
10th July 2006 01:24 PM
Saint Sway RFD & SOL in the same set would be tragic.

I feel sad for the European fans. They deserve better.
10th July 2006 01:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
RFD & SOL in the same set would be tragic.

I feel sad for the European fans. They deserve better.

If they would have supported the stones this tour by buying tickets and creating a demand for higher prices to ensure we win the tour gross.....they would get better song selections....sadly, we all know what happened instead!
10th July 2006 01:34 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes...I meant to say more form than subtance...and yes, they will overtake the Stones as greatest ever based on demographics....

_________

The media has already dubbed U2 the "Greatest Band in the World" for the past several years...

Perhaps they are correct?

Regardless, I have room in my heart for both U2 and the Stones...

10th July 2006 02:32 PM
Joey
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

Regardless, I have room in my heart for both THE WHO and the Stones...

Bless You .
10th July 2006 02:48 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Joey wrote:

Bless You .

I am doubly blessed,
though thrice cursed...
11th July 2006 09:45 AM
jb Not me..I didn't like U2 before they becamew big and certAINLY NOT NO Stones will alwasy be #1 and most reluctantly now it...
11th July 2006 03:44 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

If they would have supported the stones this tour by buying tickets and creating a demand for higher prices to ensure we win the tour gross.....they would get better song selections....sadly, we all know what happened instead!

DARN IT! If only someone could of predicted this....
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)