ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Fuck you Voodoo, will ya? Missing my birtdhay again???
Happy belated birthday Stu!
© Michael Putland
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Album info from SFJ Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 11th, 2005 11:44 AM
gimmekeef Lets wait and see...we are deep in the hype phase here...nothing to judge until each of us hears the actual album..and with most Stones albums several listens before we can say good ,ok or bad.There will be someone who hears this album, and has never heard the band before and then starts liking them.They therefore will be fans every bit as we old timers are!
July 11th, 2005 11:44 AM
FPM C10
quote:
The_Worst wrote:

I believe this is a reference to the title track of the first album by the glam, slam, kings of noise...Poison...

Amen brother. The greatest band America ever produced. They fuckin rock.
July 11th, 2005 11:47 AM
JumpingKentFlash Erik has completely taken over IORR,he is the most brilliant poster there!!!

> Yes. Erik has always been a great poster. Always.

WTF? So you're not allowed to call yourself a 'Stones fan' if you genuinely don't like the album? So you have to like everything they put out even if its a load of crap to not be seen as living 'in the past'? I love the idea of a new Stones album but I'm gonna listen to it and make my own mind up thanks very much.

> You can call yourself everything you like. I never said you couldn't. What I meant was that IF the album is good, and some people still say it sucks monkey balls, then they have a problem, and shouldn't be regarded as fans of the Stones "as-a-whole". They should be called "fans of a certain Stones period". You get the point???
July 11th, 2005 11:52 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Erik has completely taken over IORR,he is the most brilliant poster there!!!

I am proud to call Erik a friend and look forward to working the room with him in September. He is a great poster!
July 11th, 2005 11:55 AM
scratched
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
What I meant was that IF the album is good, and some people still say it sucks monkey balls, then they have a problem, and shouldn't be regarded as fans of the Stones "as-a-whole".

Why? It's their opinion and they might have loved every Stones album up until the last one. So what does that make them, a Stones fan of the peroid 1963-1997?

quote:

You get the point???

No.
July 11th, 2005 12:01 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I am proud to call Erik a friend and look forward to working the room with him in September. He is a great poster!

Agreed..he is Sweden's #1 Stone fan IMO!!!
July 11th, 2005 12:35 PM
texile i'd say 62-83....culminating with undercover.
July 11th, 2005 12:42 PM
Moonisup 62-83 + how can I stop
July 11th, 2005 02:48 PM
Jair Any chance Neocon be present on the Japanese release, as bonus?

July 11th, 2005 03:01 PM
Joey
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
These titles sound pretty bland, hope the music holds up better...As for Ron not being "available" for the sessions...WTF, they record an album every 8 years and Ron can't make it ?! Well after all he didn't play much on B2B either, so that's now 10+ years since he hasn't been recording "much", this whole thing is a joke.

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

July 11th, 2005 03:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

i cannot wait for the next season of "That's Postin'" We have a strong a cast as ever!
July 11th, 2005 03:33 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i cannot wait for the next season of "That's Postin'" We have a strong a cast as ever!

The Jacky ........... He , GOT GAME !!!!
July 11th, 2005 04:41 PM
Dan
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Amen brother. The greatest band America ever produced. They fuckin rock.

I also heard they have been threatening to replace Ronnie with C.C. DeVille. Or Poison is threatening to replace C.C. with Ronnie, cant quite remember...
July 11th, 2005 06:36 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
Dan wrote:

I also heard they have been threatening to replace Ronnie with C.C. DeVille. Or Poison is threatening to replace C.C. with Ronnie, cant quite remember...

I really do love Ronnie as a player and I think that sometimes people are too hard on him, but, this does seem to be a bit of a joke. If Mick and Keith don't want him to play, how does he stick around and keep any sense of dignity? If he abstains by choice, why not just quit? As mentioned earlier, it's been eight fuckin years!!
Of course I know that it all comes down to money in the end, but cmon......
July 11th, 2005 07:34 PM
jb
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
These titles sound pretty bland, hope the music holds up better...As for Ron not being "available" for the sessions...WTF, they record an album every 8 years and Ron can't make it ?! Well after all he didn't play much on B2B either, so that's now 10+ years since he hasn't been recording "much", this whole thing is a joke.

Do we need this crap?
July 11th, 2005 11:32 PM
letitbleed Thanks for the news. I have no complaints. I'm glad for new album!!! GREAT! Thanks again for the news.
July 12th, 2005 06:02 AM
corgi37 Ronnie & dignity? Do they go together?
July 12th, 2005 06:19 AM
stonedinaustralia well from what i've heard so far i actually hold out some hope...from what i can glean (esp. after revelations of no ronnie)it's essentially mick keith and charlie at core

all done relatively quickly with no mucking about it would seem

i'm starting to expect a stripped back no frills affair that honestly rocks (or rocks honestly)...let's hope that's not just a positive spin on rushed, unthought out and lacsadasical (sp?)
July 12th, 2005 11:46 AM
jb Been this way since SW...the next "Exile" only to be let down again.
July 12th, 2005 11:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

uh... Ronnie plays on EVERY track on "Bridges To babylon"

Unlike Mick, and unlike Keith.

Check the credits.
July 12th, 2005 12:10 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

uh... Ronnie plays on EVERY track on "Bridges To babylon"

Unlike Mick, and unlike Keith.

Check the credits.

Thanks Gazza...Ronnie did play on every track.
July 12th, 2005 12:18 PM
Lethargy
quote:
texile wrote:
i'd say 62-83....culminating with undercover.

I'd have to say I'm a fan of 65, 66, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 78, 81, 83, 94, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02.

Those were the years, in my opinion, that either a great album or tour was happening. The other years they were either doing nothing or were producing lamer stuff. Let's examine their lame periods:

62-64 (let's face it, just an R&B cover band at this point, though the seeds were obviously being sowed for later glory)
67 (yuck, His Horrible Psychadelic Majesties Request)
74-77 (IORR, inflatable penis, Taylor leaving, Toronto)
84-88 (band infighting, She's The Boss, Dirty Work, though at least we got Talk Is Cheap)
91-93 (nothing happening w/the band, but at least we got Main Offender)
03-04 (Keith jacks off in public at resorts, Mick gets divorced, Ron in rehab, Dogshit In The Doorway)

Looking forward to seeing where 05-06 falls in!

Lethargy

July 12th, 2005 12:24 PM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

I'd have to say I'm a fan of 65, 66, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 78, 81, 83, 94, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02.

Those were the years, in my opinion, that either a great album or tour was happening. The other years they were either doing nothing or were producing lamer stuff. Let's examine their lame periods:

62-64 (let's face it, just an R&B cover band at this point, though the seeds were obviously being sowed for later glory)
67 (yuck, His Horrible Psychadelic Majesties Request)
74-77 (IORR, inflatable penis, Taylor leaving, Toronto)
84-88 (band infighting, She's The Boss, Dirty Work, though at least we got Talk Is Cheap)
91-93 (nothing happening w/the band, but at least we got Main Offender)
03-04 (Keith jacks off in public at resorts, Mick gets divorced, Ron in rehab, Dogshit In The Doorway)

Looking forward to seeing where 05-06 falls in!

Lethargy

I'm with this guy all the way. Gold rings on ya' dude.
July 12th, 2005 01:18 PM
JaggerLips What's with the slagging off of Ronnie all of a sudden?
Geez all we have is rumours about Ronnie's involvement in the new album. I think he will have been involved 100% in it.
July 12th, 2005 01:24 PM
FPM C10
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
What's with the slagging off of Ronnie all of a sudden?
Geez all we have is rumours about Ronnie's involvement in the new album. I think he will have been involved 100% in it.

All of a sudden? Woody slagging is a time-honored tradition here, and actually on every Stones board in existence.

I don't go in for it much myself. I like Ronnie.

I really cannot see the "Ronnie was unavailable" comments, though. What the hell would you have going on that would be more important than recording what may be the LAST Rolling Stones album?

July 12th, 2005 07:12 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Mick get divorced in 1999 and goddess came out in 2001.
July 12th, 2005 07:59 PM
gotdablouse er...while Ron may be credited on each track (I'll take your word for it) the lead guitar on the more memorable tracks of B2B was played by Waddy Wachtel (Saint of Me notably), if Ron had been "fully" involved they likely wouldn't have hired Waddy, although that made for some better guitar parts than usual ;-)
July 12th, 2005 08:23 PM
Mel Belli I wish they'd take on Waddy full-time.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)