ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Fuck you Voodoo, will ya? Missing my birtdhay again???
Happy belated birthday Stu!
© Michael Putland
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Album info from SFJ Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 10th, 2005 02:25 PM
Moonisup

Here some info on the new Stones L.P. Some of the tracks are "Oh
No! Not You again"/ "Under The Radar"// "Back Of My Hand"/ "Look What
The Cat Dragged In"/ "She Saw Me Coming"/....and "Neocon". "Neocon" will
be an out take and won't make the L.P. unless some words are changed
it mentions Condoleezza Rice . It's unflattering for USA National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice [www.whitehouse.gov] and will go by the way of Claudine.

The track 'Under The Radar' is very Child of The Moon like. Back
Of My Hand is a Great Blues track in the vain of "Ventilator Blues" and "You Got to Move"
with a nice Ron slide guitar and some great Mick harp. Keith also does a nice ballad on the
L.P. There are 16 tracks total from these sessions. 11 tracks have
been slated for release but that could change. Except for a few tracks, all songs are up/medium tempo tracks.

The upcoming new Rolling Stones album is hard hitting and back to the basics. Ron doesn't play much on the album as he wasn't available when most of the recording was taking place.

thanks to SFJ and lorenz on IORR
July 10th, 2005 02:29 PM
blackandblue
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

Ron doesn't play much on the album as he wasn't available when most of the recording was taking place.

Available? They needed a good sologuitarist so they didn't call him up.
July 10th, 2005 02:32 PM
jb
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

Available? They needed a good sologuitarist so they didn't call him up.

Maybe some great session players brought in..wonder how the credits will read.
July 10th, 2005 02:34 PM
LadyJane Sounds promising.

Now if you tell me Leavell was tied up...I'll REALLY be happy!!

LJ.
July 10th, 2005 02:36 PM
nankerphelge Keith ballad!

What a surprise!
July 10th, 2005 02:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

Here some info on the new Stones L.P. Some of the tracks are "Oh
No! Not You again"/ "Under The Radar"// "Back Of My Hand"/ "Look What
The Cat Dragged In"/ "She Saw Me Coming"/....and "Neocon". "Neocon" will
be an out take and won't make the L.P. unless some words are changed
it mentions Condoleezza Rice . It's unflattering for USA National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice [www.whitehouse.gov] and will go by the way of Claudine.

The track 'Under The Radar' is very Child of The Moon like. Back
Of My Hand is a Great Blues track in the vain of "Ventilator Blues" and "You Got to Move"
with a nice Ron slide guitar and some great Mick harp. Keith also does a nice ballad on the
L.P. There are 16 tracks total from these sessions. 11 tracks have
been slated for release but that could change. Except for a few tracks, all songs are up/medium tempo tracks.

The upcoming new Rolling Stones album is hard hitting and back to the basics. Ron doesn't play much on the album as he wasn't available when most of the recording was taking place.

thanks to SFJ and lorenz on IORR

I hope these reports are more accurate than SFJ's insistence 9 days ago that the Stones would be playing Live 8 in Philadelphia
July 10th, 2005 02:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Keith ballad!

What a surprise!

We already knew there was a Keith ballad on it. Mick sings on one as well.

However, if theres going to be 11 tracks or more on the album, then you can bet that Keith will sing lead on at least one more.
July 10th, 2005 02:40 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Keith ballad!

What a surprise!

LOL
July 10th, 2005 02:43 PM
blackandblue
quote:
Gazza wrote:

We already knew there was a Keith ballad on it. Mick sings on one as well.

However, if theres going to be 11 tracks or more on the album, then you can bet that Keith will sing lead on at least one more.

Great counting!
July 10th, 2005 02:45 PM
Soldatti So far, we have 8 titles:
Oh No Not You Again
This House Is Empty Without You
Walking Alone In The Rain
You Drive Too Fast
She Saw Me Coming
Under The Radar
Back On My Hand
Look What The Cat Dragged In

And then, of course, the "outtake" Neocon.

Time for a official press realease.
July 10th, 2005 02:58 PM
KeepRigid Let's just hope 'Look What The Cat Dragged In' isn't a cover.
July 10th, 2005 03:14 PM
maumau sounds cool

i hope neocon is in or out for its musical quality

"Let's just hope 'Look What The Cat Dragged In' isn't a cover."
what are you reffering to?

back of my hand...i think i already love it...

under the radar
cool title and...cool connection!

let's hope...

July 10th, 2005 03:20 PM
JaggerLips When are they going to release it?
I just hope it's worth the wait!!!!!
July 10th, 2005 03:26 PM
Poplar
...hanging on every little tidbit of info!!!!

July 10th, 2005 03:32 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
Poplar wrote:

...hanging on every little tidbit of info!!!!

I think all this is getting boring, all this waiting.

I am thinking of leaving this site alone for a month or something.
July 10th, 2005 04:15 PM
prism Neocon is more about Bush and Cheney than it is about Condoleeza.
July 10th, 2005 05:57 PM
Bob Tamp Getting very tired of the waiting. I want a press statement with the release date, and song listings.

In reality I am starting to worry. I have a feeling this may not be the great album we were all hoping for. I fell for the hype( as usual) initially but now Im having my doubts. I hope they prove me wrong, but I have a feeling it will be no better than SW, BTB( not that they are bad albums at all, but I was really hoping for something special like SG or Tattoo) I guess we will see if they ever release this thing.
July 10th, 2005 07:44 PM
texile yeah, its easy to get caught up in the anticipation...
but, remember how intriguing voodoo lounge and b&b seemed when they were unknown quantities?
July 10th, 2005 10:21 PM
letitbleed Thanks for the news! Can't wait. Look what the Cat Dragged In! Great tilte.
July 10th, 2005 10:21 PM
gotdablouse These titles sound pretty bland, hope the music holds up better...As for Ron not being "available" for the sessions...WTF, they record an album every 8 years and Ron can't make it ?! Well after all he didn't play much on B2B either, so that's now 10+ years since he hasn't been recording "much", this whole thing is a joke.
July 10th, 2005 10:29 PM
jb
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
These titles sound pretty bland, hope the music holds up better...As for Ron not being "available" for the sessions...WTF, they record an album every 8 years and Ron can't make it ?! Well after all he didn't play much on B2B either, so that's now 10+ years since he hasn't been recording "much", this whole thing is a joke.

Great posting.
July 10th, 2005 10:33 PM
Soldatti
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
As for Ron not being "available" for the sessions...WTF, they record an album every 8 years and Ron can't make it ?! Well after all he didn't play much on B2B either, so that's now 10+ years since he hasn't been recording "much", this whole thing is a joke.

Ronnie didn't play on 3 tracks in VL.
If you see the Making The Album video from RS.com, Ronnie learned OHNYA the day before of the press conference.
July 10th, 2005 10:40 PM
The_Worst
quote:
maumau wrote:

"Let's just hope 'Look What The Cat Dragged In' isn't a cover."
what are you reffering to?

I believe this is a reference to the title track of the first album by the glam, slam, kings of noise...Poison...
July 11th, 2005 01:38 AM
Poplar
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
WTF, they record an album every 8 years and Ron can't make it ?!

Ha! Good one, man.

July 11th, 2005 01:54 AM
prism I don't know if SFJ got the title wrong or if the Stones have changed the title since Keith wrote it. The song was originally "Look What the Cat Drug In" with intentional sloppy grammar. Sloppy guitars also! (That's a good thing).
July 11th, 2005 11:26 AM
JumpingKentFlash If this new album kicks the hell out of all the naysayers when it's released. If people doesn't like it, and at the same time calls themselves fans, they just don't like the idea of a new Stones album. They wanna live in the past. That's OK with me, but then you should call yourself a fan of the Stones from '62 to '78.
July 11th, 2005 11:31 AM
jb 62-81..................................................
July 11th, 2005 11:36 AM
JumpingKentFlash Oh yeah. That too JB.
July 11th, 2005 11:37 AM
jb
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
Oh yeah. That too JB.

Erik has completely taken over IORR,he is the most brilliant poster there!!!
July 11th, 2005 11:39 AM
scratched
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
If people doesn't like it, and at the same time calls themselves fans, they just don't like the idea of a new Stones album. They wanna live in the past.

WTF? So you're not allowed to call yourself a 'Stones fan' if you genuinely don't like the album? So you have to like everything they put out even if its a load of crap to not be seen as living 'in the past'? I love the idea of a new Stones album but I'm gonna listen to it and make my own mind up thanks very much.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)