ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: As tears Go By in Italian video posted Return to archive Page: 1 2
12th July 2006 01:54 PM
voodoopug Is now on the fantastic and innovative rs.com virtual ticket.

very good job, excellent move by Mick to sing this in Italian. He continues to give us everything he has, only asking for financial cooperation (less in Europe than in NA, see Mini Tour).

Also brilliant move by Jacob to post this song from the show, even though it was evident that Mick was reading the teleprompter (no blame from me!). Those who feel alienated have now been brought back....This ones for the fans baby!!
12th July 2006 02:01 PM
Mel Belli Eccellente!
12th July 2006 02:02 PM
jb Agreed...this was a gift for allof Europe(sans France). The Stones have given everything we could have asked for, and we are equally oblighed to give our dollars and Euros to them(must never lose gross).
12th July 2006 02:04 PM
Some Guy none of this was predicted.
12th July 2006 02:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
none of this was predicted.

incorrect, we have been suggesting to die hards (like us) to not be frightened by higher ticket prices...a Stones Concert is a Premium Experience and will cost a premium price. We have said that the Stones are doing this for us and the kids.

Also, please note that Josh and I have been the Cohl family's biggest supporters! They operate under sound economic practices (aka: Know when to hold them, know when to fold 'em), provide fan friendly experiences (see Ronnie Wood art shows, Fan Asylum Packages, free tickets to Club show in toronto, etc!).

The giving never ends!
12th July 2006 02:08 PM
Saint Sway I found the video very difficult to sing along with
12th July 2006 02:09 PM
Some Guy dreams in limbo I say.
12th July 2006 02:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I found the video very difficult to sing along with

Dreams were made true for Italian speaking fans.

but much like many in the US who only speak English, this is just like the soap operas on Telemundo....images we love, but dont understand the words (See: attracive Latin women seducing others in push up bras and panties)
12th July 2006 02:13 PM
Some Guy SOL was unleashed and you will rue the day.
12th July 2006 02:22 PM
pdog Many were in tears as Streets Of Love was being played...
12th July 2006 02:22 PM
Saint Sway nice analogy Pug.

but to avoid any further embarassment to the Stones, lets agree to never mention "Soap Operas" in a thread again (see: SOL promos on Days Of Our Lives)
12th July 2006 02:26 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Dreams were made true for Italian speaking fans.

but much like many in the US who only speak English, this is just like the soap operas on Telemundo....images we love, but dont understand the words (See: attracive Latin women seducing others in push up bras and panties)

We love telemundo down here.....
12th July 2006 02:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
nice analogy Pug.

but to avoid any further embarassment to the Stones, lets agree to never mention "Soap Operas" in a thread again (see: SOL promos on Days Of Our Lives)

I am actually impressed...excellent association...I shall agree with your request.
12th July 2006 02:29 PM
jb This show was average....very disappointing song selection and virtually no changes .....we are lucky that they will be more changes for mini tour.............................><
12th July 2006 02:31 PM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I am actually impressed...excellent association...I shall agree with your request.

SOL is bringing the people together!
12th July 2006 02:32 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

SOL is bringing the people together!

SOL=the worst song ever ...a true turd and a prelude of how disappointing ABB was.
12th July 2006 02:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
This show was average....very disappointing song selection and virtually no changes .....we are lucky that they will be more changes for mini tour.............................><

We will have all songs sang in our local language..not just one! The big profits are here, they know that, Jacob knows that. Currently the Stones are sacrificing some income to give back to the fans, who ask for so much from our musical heros, yet balk at ticket prices at the appropriate level!
12th July 2006 02:33 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
This show was average....very disappointing song selection and virtually no changes .....we are lucky that they will be more changes for mini tour.............................><

Less songs and higher prices... The only thing that is constant, is change! By the way, can anyone spare some change, I will work for tickies!
12th July 2006 02:34 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

We will have all songs sang in our local language..not just one!

^ solid gold posting right there!
12th July 2006 02:35 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
We will have all songs sang in our local language..

Chicago will have a drunken Irish set?
12th July 2006 02:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

Chicago will have a drunken Irish set?

See: Keith's set
12th July 2006 02:39 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

See: Keith's set

SF will have a gay hippie set! Yuck!
12th July 2006 02:42 PM
jb Both times I tuned in "Supernova" some guy was butchering a stones song..and you can tell the hip audience and heavy metal judges hate the Stones!@!!!!!!-humiliating!!!
12th July 2006 02:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Both times I tuned in "Supernova" some guy was butchering a stones song..and you can tell the hip audience and heavy metal judges hate the Stones!@!!!!!!-humiliating!!!

Tommy Lee danced like Mick last night....I am far more accomplished at this feat, he merely used it as an excuse to gyrate his hips in an attempt to remind the target audience (females 18-24) about his famous straight to video release.
12th July 2006 02:51 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Both times I tuned in "Supernova" some guy was butchering a stones song..and you can tell the hip audience and heavy metal judges hate the Stones!@!!!!!!-humiliating!!!

I read a Dave Navarro interview a long time ago. He hated the fact he covered a stones song on Jane's first album! He's a great guitarist and I love that band, but I never forgot that quote!
12th July 2006 02:52 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Tommy Lee danced like Mick last night....I am far more accomplished at this feat, he merely used it as an excuse to gyrate his hips in an attempt to remind the target audience (females 18-24) about his famous straight to video release.

I hate him. I make fun of him and have my wife in stitched during the entire show. We are enjoying the program thanks to that idiots ability to provide me with hours of comic material. Unfortunately i can't share it here b/c most of it is visual comedy, so you must trust me.
12th July 2006 02:53 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

I read a Dave Navarro interview a long time ago. He hated the fact he covered a stones song on Jane's first album! He's a great guitarist and I love that band, but I never forgot that quote!

He currently sees himself as the most knowledgable person in Rock....when that one contestant told him that she was in diapers when he was popular....he was humbled and humliated. Dave needs to get his ass in gear and stop trying to be Simon Cowell, at least he has credibility and a record of success in evaluating talent.
12th July 2006 02:54 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

He currently sees himself as the most knowledgable person in Rock....when that one contestant told him that she was in diapers when he was popular....he was humbled and humliated. Dave needs to get his ass in gear and stop trying to be Simon Cowell, at least he has credibility and a record of success in evaluating talent.

That comment was great, but aimed at Gilby Clarke! Where is Izzy?
12th July 2006 02:55 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

What song did they cover........Navarro is a twat that can't stay in any band as he is no team player...he thinks he is way cooler than he is..foir Chrsit sakes he married Carmen E after Dennis Rodman had his way....he is a typiucal gneration x dochebag who thinks it cool to bash the stones..atleast a few bands , like PJ, now embrace the Stones...
12th July 2006 02:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

That comment was great, but aimed at Gilby Clarke! Where is Izzy?

I have decided to have my mental picture of you be very similar to Jay from Clerks...am I pretty close? We put the "ist" in A List!

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)