ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bon Jovi's fans suck, too! Return to archive Page: 1 2
5th July 2006 09:54 PM
Throwaway http://www.heavy.com/browserling.php?vchid=9&video_id=1287
5th July 2006 09:55 PM
pdog Bon Jovi is the reason I moved from New Jersey!
5th July 2006 10:18 PM
sirmoonie Bon Jovi has less range that a Taedong missile.
5th July 2006 10:53 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Bon Jovi has less range that a Taedong missile.

Fucking A+ List!
6th July 2006 02:33 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
http://www.heavy.com/browserling.php?vchid=9&video_id=1287

Only IN-LAWS suck.
6th July 2006 06:05 AM
Monkeytonk-man Man, that was fucking brilliant.

bits of it when the pooch was interviewing the crowd reminded me of 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot' the documentary located outside a Judas Priest concert.
6th July 2006 07:11 AM
corgi37 Triumph is a bloody legend. He should have his own show. We get Ed the sock on cable. He's great too!

For a Canadian.
6th July 2006 08:30 AM
egon so bon jovi HAS a tour?

hmmm, interesting.
6th July 2006 01:25 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Triumph is a bloody legend. He should have his own show. We get Ed the sock on cable. He's great too!

For a Canadian.

Ed the Sock beats the CRAP out of Triumph. Seriously.
6th July 2006 01:27 PM
jb Bon Jovi is much bigger in Jewrsey and Europe than Stones....sad, but true. In fact, in England they are vastly more popular and were chosen to open up the new Futbol stadium...sad, but not unheard of.
[Edited by jb]
6th July 2006 01:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Bon Jovi is much bigger in Jewrsey and Europe than Stones....sad, but true. In fact, in England they are vastly more popular and were chosen to open up the new Futbol stadium...sad, but not unheard of.
[Edited by jb]

We warned of this during the Licks tour...we were 100% accurate yet again!
6th July 2006 01:34 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

We warned of this during the Licks tour...we were 100% accurate yet again!

No kidding..and we also warned of first date in Milan not selling out. We called it and as usual, were correct.
6th July 2006 01:56 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
Bon Jovi is much bigger in Jewrsey and Europe than Stones....sad, but true. In fact, in England they are vastly more popular and were chosen to open up the new Futbol stadium...sad, but not unheard of.
[Edited by jb]

"Jewrsey"....? On behalf of all my Jewish friends I take exception to this obviously anti-semitic comment.
6th July 2006 02:00 PM
jb Sorry for the mispelling, but like CBS report , true(Bush avoided draft). Bon Jovi rules in Jersey and Great Britain.
[Edited by jb]
6th July 2006 03:07 PM
Monkeytonk-man At least when Bon jovi had to reschedule the locatin for their recent UK shows, they decided to move from Wembley stadium to Milton Keynes bowl, rather than Twickenham.

Personally I would have loved the opportunity to see the Stones at a venue like the bowl, in my opinion it's a great venue for rock concerts, of course, I believe bon Jovi were charging around 40 quid a ticket and it was festival seating, so logisitically the Stones could not of done it, too many rich fat cats paying top dollar to get a good view, while remaining seated.

I have the feeling the fans and audience would be more rocking at the bon Jovi concerts than the Stones concerts.
6th July 2006 03:10 PM
jb That's the facts....Bon Jovi rules overseas..I am afrais this is it for the Stones in Erope...disaml ending..but they knowwhere their bread and butter is-USA=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
6th July 2006 03:41 PM
Dan
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:

Personally I would have loved the opportunity to see the Stones at a venue like the bowl, in my opinion it's a great venue for rock concerts, of course, I believe bon Jovi were charging around 40 quid a ticket and it was festival seating, so logisitically the Stones could not of done it, too many rich fat cats paying top dollar to get a good view, while remaining seated.

At least at Milton Keynes, Bon Jovi's mom can't come along and bounce some fat cats out of seats they paid big money for. This apparently happened at Giant's Stadium a tour or two ago.
6th July 2006 06:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
chosen to open up the new Futbol stadium...

Not true. For starters, no one was 'chosen'

The Stones passed on booking the stadium for the earliest possible date because they werent confident it would be ready in time. They were proved to be correct and had the foresight to book Twickenham as an option for the same dates

Bon Jovi and the other two acts who had booked Wembley for this summer didnt have the brains to book somewhere else as a back up and they and their stupid fans ended up having to trudge out to the arsehole of nowhere to the MIlton Keynes Bowl instead

Stones 1 Bon Jovi 0

PS : Despite the gulf in ticket prices, the Stones outgrossed Bon Jovi in the UK by a mile.
[Edited by Gazza]
6th July 2006 06:45 PM
Dan Bon Jovi, Nickelback
Milton Keynes National Bowl
Milton Keynes, England
June 10-11, 2006
$6,489,043
85,112 (85,112)

Bon Jovi, Nickelback
Croke Park
Dublin, Ireland
May 20, 2006
$6,414,434
81,327 (81,327)

Bon Jovi, Nickelback
Olympiastadion
Munich, Germany
May 28, 2006
$4,622,221
71,467 (71,467)

Bon Jovi, Nickelback
City of Manchester Stadium
Manchester, England
June 4, 2006
$3,744,610
58,698 (58,698)

Bon Jovi, Nickelback
Cannstatter Wasen
Stuttgart, Germany
May 27, 2006
$3,654,201
63,020 (63,020)

Bon Jovi, Nickelback
Stade de Suisse
Bern, Switzerland
May 31, 2006
$3,354,198
38,762 (38,762)

Bon Jovi, Nickelback
LTU Arena
Dusseldorf, Germany
May 13, 2006
$3,325,809
47,862 (47,862)

Bon Jovi, Nickelback
Hampden Park
Glasgow, Scotland
June 3, 2006
$2,853,220
42,488 (42,488)

Bon Jovi, Nickelback
Goffertpark
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
May 25, 2006
$2,594,671
39,815 (39,815)

Bon Jovi, Nickelback
St. Mary's Stadium
Southampton, England
June 9, 2006
$2,365,643
34,783 (34,783)

Bon Jovi, Nickelback
Ricoh Arena
Coventry, England
June 7, 2006
$2,300,799
36,293 (36,293)

Bon Jovi, Nickelback
Gugl Stadion
Linz, Austria
May 15, 2006
$2,063,255
32,002 (32,002)

Bon Jovi, Nickelback
Olympiaworld
Innsbruck, Austria
May 30, 2006
$1,734,771
25,660 (25,660)

Bon Jovi, Nickelback
Hessentags-Arena
Hessisch Lichtenau, Germany
May 24, 2006
$1,579,140
29,007 (29,007)

Bon Jovi, Nickelback
Schlossplatz
Koblenz, Germany
May 17, 2006
$1,524,278
26,509 (26,509)

6th July 2006 08:25 PM
Gazza $18.5 million or thereabouts in ticket sales in the UK.. about £10 million

Impressive, if a frightening indictment of public taste

However, the Stones two Twickenham shows alone would probably outgross that, if the average price for those shows is £100, which is probably not far off the mark.

add on Glasgow, Sheffield and Cardiff and its anything from £16-18 million I would think
6th July 2006 09:29 PM
Soldatti Impressive boxcore, they're the 2nd or 3rd grossing band in europe.
7th July 2006 10:34 AM
jb zBon Jovi are filling up stadium in Europe, while outside of NJ, they are playing 5-10k seat veneues!!!! They appear to be dramatically more popular than the Stones in Europe...It is hard to look at those #'s and realize how sad a state of affairs it is when a has been 80's hair band is filling up stadiums and we can't even sell out the opener....Why Gazza, why is BJ so huge over the pond???
7th July 2006 10:35 AM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Impressive boxcore, they're the 2nd or 3rd grossing band in europe.

Really humiliating....they are considered pretty much washed up here outside of a few areas, but appear as big as U2 in Europe...why datti, wy???
7th July 2006 11:44 AM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
zBon Jovi are filling up stadium in Europe, while outside of NJ, they are playing 5-10k seat veneues!!!!

Uh....they sold out both Staples Center and the Arrowhead Pond in So Cal. From what I remember they averaged million dollar grosses or more in most cities in the US.

7th July 2006 11:49 AM
jb They are very weak outside major markets...played to 5k here...You are a big fan???
7th July 2006 11:57 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
zBon Jovi are filling up stadium in Europe, while outside of NJ, they are playing 5-10k seat veneues!!!! They appear to be dramatically more popular than the Stones in Europe...It is hard to look at those #'s and realize how sad a state of affairs it is when a has been 80's hair band is filling up stadiums and we can't even sell out the opener....Why Gazza, why is BJ so huge over the pond???

IMHO for most of Europeans the Stones got the reputation of playing the same fuckin show since 1990, a kind of farewell tour that never ends.
that may explains the lack of interest for the tour, and the interest for BJ...Don t forget Europe has invented Dance Music, House Music, Abba, Scooter...bad taste is a kind of way of living here

Ok, gimme back the pipe!!!
7th July 2006 12:04 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
They are very weak outside major markets...played to 5k here...You are a big fan???

Not at all - just that their box scores stood out above just about all the others.
7th July 2006 12:12 PM
jb They are very big ion Europe...much bigger than the Stones...I think that in and of itself explains 21 dates consoidation,
7th July 2006 01:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
zBon Jovi are filling up stadium in Europe, while outside of NJ, they are playing 5-10k seat veneues!!!! They appear to be dramatically more popular than the Stones in Europe...It is hard to look at those #'s and realize how sad a state of affairs it is when a has been 80's hair band is filling up stadiums and we can't even sell out the opener....Why Gazza, why is BJ so huge over the pond???

well some people on here consider the Stones to be musical 'has beens' as well - including yourself

why are they so huge? Well.. a few factors, I suppose. They're radio friendly, their ticket prices are good value if (for some fuckin' bizarre reason) you're a fan - so this means that they are able to attract a new fanbase - and, unlike some acts I could mention, they bring out new records every couple of years or so

Its hardly rocket science. The Stones are only interested in playing to a type of fanbase which is only measured by their financial affluence. Whilst it generates high grosses, its a law of diminishing returns because that audience gets older, tends to be fickle and isnt getting replaced by newer fans as theyre priced out of the shows.

Hence, the Stones are seen as a nostalgia act recycling the same old songs over and over. A label that has become entirely of their own making
7th July 2006 01:15 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

well some people on here consider the Stones to be musical 'has beens' as well - including yourself

why are they so huge? Well.. a few factors, I suppose. They're radio friendly, their ticket prices are good value if (for some fuckin' bizarre reason) you're a fan - so this means that they are able to attract a new fanbase - and, unlike some acts I could mention, they bring out new records every couple of years or so

Its hardly rocket science. The Stones are only interested in playing to a type of fanbase which is only measured by their financial affluence. Whilst it generates high grosses, its a law of diminishing returns because that audience gets older, tends to be fickle and isnt getting replaced by newer fans as theyre priced out of the shows.

Hence, the Stones are seen as a nostalgia act recycling the same old songs over and over. A label that has become entirely of their own making

Interesting analysis....I also think the Stones judged more harshly b/c they don't kow-tow to the English press.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)