ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Rehearsing babies rehearsing...
Arriving to the first rehearsals for the tour - Greenwood School Today
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with many many thank yous!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is album title being officially announced July4th Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 4th, 2005 10:03 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Wait a minute (or two) Voodoo Lounge is one of the best ever I love that cover, I really do
July 4th, 2005 10:16 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Back to the original subject... Do we have a title?
July 4th, 2005 10:38 PM
IanBillen [quote]VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Back to the original subject... Do we have a title?

No We Don't have a title yet. And this Manhattan Beach thing is all hear-say that never had any basis at all. I think it is a rumor actually. But I do like the Pic that was posted earlier on it. Cool. Stones Vikings.com said that the album title and artwork would be posted today, July 4th on RS.com. It hasn't yet and I doubt it will be today. Alot of info has been coming out of that site but this particular tid-bit seems to be off par.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
July 5th, 2005 12:39 AM
texile i hate that yellow on vl - too 80s flourescent.
agree soldatti - some girls was the last GREAT classic cover ...but i liked the sleazy retro look of undercover.
July 5th, 2005 01:26 AM
Lord Homosex As much as many hate the covers of Undercover and Dirty Work, at least they were covers with something, ie people on it. I want a picture of the Stones on the cover. What happened to that? Last time they did that was also one of the best albums: Stripped
these so-called abstract covers are in truth just copouts. That is what bands come up with when they have lost the balls to take a stance of any sort. When you are trying to please everyone. SW, Flaspoint, VL, B2B, 40 Lix,are all....WTF? Nothing.
July 5th, 2005 01:52 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
texile wrote:
...but i liked the sleazy retro look of undercover.

and pulling off the stickers was fun
July 5th, 2005 02:12 AM
corgi37 I dont think they bother with photo covers anymore as they are too old.

Too much re-touching to be done.
July 5th, 2005 02:38 AM
Dutch Michael D. that's bullshit man!! i hope they are on the cover this time just how they are... the new album is a back to the roots-thing right? just a pic of the four of them standing in a studio... i have enough of those steel weheels and b2b covers...
July 5th, 2005 03:13 AM
Child of the Moon The new album will be called "Talk to the Pug."

July 5th, 2005 03:56 AM
Jeep MANHATTAN BEACH...again !

This time, the belgian firm StageCo who provided the huge Licks Tour stage in 2002-2003, names the next Rolling Stones tour "Manhattan Beach" on the website of the company :

http://www.stageco.com/newsite/main.php?lang=ge&request=news&id=BEL&country=BEL
July 5th, 2005 04:33 AM
FotiniD I actually like your cover Jeep. Good work
July 5th, 2005 06:23 AM
justforyou "Manhatten Beach" sounds like a Leonard Cohen product, can't be the title to the new disc.
July 5th, 2005 06:26 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I dont think it sounds too bad
July 5th, 2005 06:37 AM
corgi37 Sounds like a Beach Boys song.
July 5th, 2005 06:38 AM
FotiniD To me, it sounds a lot like summer and also a bit mysterious. I kinda like it.
July 5th, 2005 08:48 AM
trevcourt What about Dirty Work!

At first look you think that they must be making an attempt at sarcastic parody, but...
July 5th, 2005 10:11 AM
justforyou Some dirty work with a omaha bitch, but anyway a title like manhattan leads me to expect some electronic music.. Kraftwerk ??
July 5th, 2005 10:41 AM
Gazza
quote:
justforyou wrote:
"Manhatten Beach" sounds like a Leonard Cohen product, can't be the title to the new disc.

I dunno. The name of Cohen's last album happens to be what I call my wife when I'm feeling sweet
[Edited by Gazza]
July 5th, 2005 10:48 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I personaly dont give a fuck what they call it. As long as its got some great songs on it.

In fact no, I would like them to call it "Fuck off you old bastard". Because when my mum asks me what Im listening to I can say...
July 5th, 2005 10:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

I like Undercover, but the cover was horrible. The last decent was Some Girls. Forty Licks was great too.

the covers have gone downhill badly since the great ones of the 70's (with the exception of that awful sleeve for LYL). Maybe its a sign of the CD age, as you dont get the same detail as you did on a vinyl album

Some Girls was the last great cover on any Stones studio or live album.

Some of them (eg No Security) have been downright vile.
[Edited by Gazza]
July 5th, 2005 10:52 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I quite liked No Security
July 5th, 2005 10:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I personaly dont give a fuck what they call it. As long as its got some great songs on it.

In fact no, I would like them to call it "Fuck off you old bastard". Because when my mum asks me what Im listening to I can say...

I still prefer the "alpha/omega" concept of calling the new album "Englands oldest hitmakers" with an up to date cover shot parodying the one on the original album (and a subtle dig at the Beatles 1969 photo that recreated the cover of 'Please please me' for the unreleased 'get back' album and which was used on the 'red' and 'blue' albums)
July 5th, 2005 11:03 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I can see it being all tits and arse on the album cover.
July 5th, 2005 11:39 AM
Stray Cat UK Stripped was a great cover.

A really good album too ,IMHO !
July 5th, 2005 12:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I can see it being all tits and arse on the album cover.

considering they had to put a bra on a pair of little anime cartoon titties on the cover of "Live Licks" in case American shoppers were going to be irreperably morally corrupted, I doubt it.

Unless its an excuse to get completists to buy multiple copies of course with a censored/uncensored version....not that that would ever happen, of course...
July 5th, 2005 12:32 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

considering they had to put a bra on a pair of little anime cartoon titties on the cover of "Live Licks" in case American shoppers were going to be irreperably morally corrupted, I doubt it.

Unless its an excuse to get completists to buy multiple copies of course with a censored/uncensored version....not that that would ever happen, of course...

Gazza, my friends who visited France/England told me the dollar is extremely weak....for a family of 5 , an ice meal cost them upwards of $300 ....In France, Pizza (not sliced) was 20 for a small pie. How do the locales do it? At Harrods, a simple polo shirt that cost $35 dollars was $85 dollars!@@@@@@
July 5th, 2005 01:37 PM
Jair
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Stripped was a great cover.

A really good album too, IMHO !

I agree 100%, I love ALL about Stripped.
About two weeks ago I paid about $50 US dollars for a Japanese edition. Now I have both, the American, with the interactive tracks that I can't see under my Windows XP and the Japa, with Black Limousine. Its great. Next I will buy the Fool to Cry single, also Japa, about 100 USD...

After, Satisfaction....

I'm spending all my money in Stones albuns. And I'm very satisfied.
July 5th, 2005 04:54 PM
glencar The live albums have had the worst covers. Do they phone them in?
July 5th, 2005 04:59 PM
Dutch Michael D. i found a working title somewhere, a great one for the new album and tour

''Jangle 'n Bangle''

LOL
July 5th, 2005 05:00 PM
glencar Are you just making that up?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)