ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Rehearsing babies rehearsing...
Arriving to the first rehearsals for the tour - Greenwood School Today
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with many many thank yous!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is album title being officially announced July4th Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 3rd, 2005 06:45 PM
Bob Tamp I have heard that the album title will be officially announced by Virgin records on July 4th. I have also heard it might be called Manhattan Beach.

Does anyone think we will officially hear the title and possibly track listing by tomorrow? Here's hoping.
July 3rd, 2005 08:41 PM
glencar What's the signifigance of "Manhattan Beach"? Is that where the studio is?
July 3rd, 2005 10:12 PM
Soldatti They recorded in Paris and L.A, why NY in the title?
[Edited by Soldatti]
July 3rd, 2005 10:25 PM
Angiegirl If that's the title, it's lame. So I doubt that'll be it. They probably haven't even decided on one, always a last minute deal with them right?
July 4th, 2005 01:02 AM
IanBillen
Supposeably the album title was to be released on July 4th on Rolling Stones.com This info came from StonesVikings.com. Some folks I seen from there are "in The Know" supposeably such as MickJaggeroo and someone named Jan. Nice people anyway. Anyway they are saying that is when we will get our new album's name.

Ian
July 4th, 2005 04:43 AM
Gazza
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
If that's the title, it's lame. So I doubt that'll be it. They probably haven't even decided on one, always a last minute deal with them right?

maybe Keith is waiting on rescuing a half drowned cat again to inspire him to think of the title
July 4th, 2005 04:47 AM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
They recorded in Paris and L.A, why NY in the title?

Manhattan Beach is just outside Los Angeles, I believe.
July 4th, 2005 06:55 AM
Dutch Michael D. some news on the album??? it's july the 4th...
July 4th, 2005 07:43 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

There's a real Manhattan Beach? Something not many people know, surely. It would make a good album title, though.
July 4th, 2005 07:50 AM
glencar It's a seaside town near Newport Beach. Maybe Mick had an orgy there?
July 4th, 2005 09:17 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's a seaside town near Newport Beach. Maybe Mick had an orgy there?

Where's Newport Beach? Long Island?
July 4th, 2005 09:20 AM
ListenToTheLion Better a lame title than lame songs
July 4th, 2005 09:25 AM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
If that's the title, it's lame. So I doubt that'll be it. They probably haven't even decided on one, always a last minute deal with them right?

Maybe they could call it "Amsterdam"?
July 4th, 2005 09:30 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
jb wrote:
Maybe they could call it "Amsterdam"?

Please no. This city is famous for his hookers, drugs AND city councellor Rob Oudkerk who is famous because he visited hookers and used coke. Also Pim Fortuyn was shot there...
July 4th, 2005 09:40 AM
Jair
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Please no. This city is famous for his hookers, drugs AND city councellor Rob Oudkerk who is famous because he visited hookers and used coke. Also Pim Fortuyn was shot there...

And whats the problem, exactly???

July 4th, 2005 09:44 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Jair wrote:

And whats the problem, exactly???

No problem except for the fact they better could choose Brussels because there they recorded their best bootleg!
July 4th, 2005 09:47 AM
Mickijaggeroo I have been trying all day to get an answer about the 4 july date, but no success yet. I asked several people on this, but it´s all quiet, so I think it might be off. Almost seems they put a lid on.
July 4th, 2005 10:18 AM
Jeep World exclusive (from my damaged brain) the new CD cover !

July 4th, 2005 10:25 AM
jb Their marketing has been nothing less than appalling the last few albums/tours...
[Edited by jb]
July 4th, 2005 12:44 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Where's Newport Beach? Long Island?

No. Just outside Los Angeles.
July 4th, 2005 01:03 PM
JaggerLips Hmmm the album title doesn't exactly do it for me.
July 4th, 2005 02:22 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

That's quite a selective image you portray. People visit prostitutes all over the world, I don't see anything wrong with that, supply and demand. At least prostitutes in Holland have an official profession with health insurance, legal protection and the works . And Pim Fortuyn wasn't shot in Amsterdam, he was shot in Hilversum... Filmmaker Theo van Gogh was killed in Amsterdam last November though.

But no, I never like a city name for an album title. I do like the cover pictured above however .
July 4th, 2005 02:41 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

it is actually part of los angeles...

but there is an obvious double-entendre there, as well...

is that really the cover..?

July 4th, 2005 03:51 PM
Monkey Woman Once again, our friend Jean-Philippe (Jeep), Photoshop artist extraordinaire, did it! Remember the Airbus 380 plane with the big red tongue on the side? That was him! LOL

Now, ladies and gentlemen, what Jeep gave you is an artist's rendition of the new album cover, from images taken by the Deep Stone Impact probe, nanoseconds before impact with the album! More details to come when our computers have analysed this amazing document. Keep in touch for more news by the NASA (Net Addicts' Stoneswatching Agency)!

Seriously, I wonder if the "Manhattan Beach" isn't rather a working title (if it's not pure fantasy or a red herring thrown by the Stones camp). Being in LA and seeing signs pointing to "Manhattan" must have tickled someone's funny bone...
July 4th, 2005 04:48 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

At least prostitutes in Holland have an official profession with health insurance, legal protection and the works . And Pim Fortuyn wasn't shot in Amsterdam, he was shot in Hilversum... Filmmaker Theo van Gogh was killed in Amsterdam last November though.

You are right! Stupid mistake. But on the other hand Oudkerk visited illegal hookers!
July 4th, 2005 04:48 PM
glencar No doubt. I guess nothing at Fourchette captured the imagination...
July 4th, 2005 07:34 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
You are right! Stupid mistake. But on the other hand Oudkerk visited illegal hookers!

Lol, did he? O well, live and let live, I don't get shocked that easily. He paid a high price for the publications anyway, he quit the city council (under some public pressure) . I still like him, he has a great dry humour.
July 4th, 2005 07:35 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
No doubt. I guess nothing at Fourchette captured the imagination...

Actually, I think 'Fourchette' has a nicer ring to it than 'Manhattan Beach'. But I still hope for something totally different alltogether.
July 4th, 2005 07:51 PM
texile i like cryptic titles - like tattoo you;
as long as the cover's cool and edgy - i hated those fucking lions and the vl cover wasn't much better...
the last decent cover was undercover.
July 4th, 2005 09:52 PM
Soldatti
quote:
texile wrote:
the last decent cover was undercover.

I like Undercover, but the cover was horrible. The last decent was Some Girls. Forty Licks was great too.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)