ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Rehearsing babies rehearsing...
Arriving to the first rehearsals for the tour - Greenwood School Today
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with many many thank yous!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Welcome Back Roger Waters! Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 2nd, 2005 06:27 PM
PeerQueer Could you please stay awhile? That Floyd set today was fantastic - lovely - beautiful.

It created the most sincere smile I've broken from watching the teli in quite some time.

And Roger looked quite well. A wonderful, wonderful moment for all Pink Floyd fans. Their music has always fascinated me. Most of Live 8 was utter rubbish, but this reunion was fantastic to see and hear.
July 2nd, 2005 06:32 PM
JesusMe this was awesome, sadly I think this is the last time we will see Waters and Gilmour on the same stage performing again...
July 2nd, 2005 06:35 PM
Soldatti
quote:
JesusMe wrote:
this was awesome, sadly I think this is the last time we will see Waters and Gilmour on the same stage performing again...

That's sad.
July 2nd, 2005 06:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
JesusMe wrote:
this was awesome, sadly I think this is the last time we will see Waters and Gilmour on the same stage performing again...

Sadly, I think you are right....it was a great moment while it lasted though!
July 2nd, 2005 07:18 PM
Gimme Shelter I wish they would do a tour.
July 2nd, 2005 07:30 PM
GerryS I was thrilled to see them together again ! I wasn't thrilled that the station I was watching cut away right in the middle of Comfortably Numb! Finally got it on CTV out of Canada. Would have given my eye teeth to be at Hyde Park today.
July 2nd, 2005 07:33 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
JesusMe wrote:

Yeah, I have the same feeling. It was a one-time-only deal I think.

BTW: did you guys see Dave standing in the all-artist soup at the end during Hey Jude (Nanananana lol)? He looked soooo outa place there, very uncomfortably numb!
July 2nd, 2005 07:36 PM
moy

[Edited by moy]
July 2nd, 2005 07:38 PM
Angiegirl Dave needs to lose quite some weight for their upcoming reunion tour (tickets from $650 onwards), LOL
July 2nd, 2005 08:19 PM
Gimme Shelter Great pics thanks for posting
July 2nd, 2005 09:15 PM
jb Don't take it personal~!!!! I think Pink Floyd is the most boring band that has achieved phenemenal status......
July 2nd, 2005 09:18 PM
Madafaka
quote:
jb wrote:
Don't take it personal~!!!! I think Pink Floyd is the most boring band that has achieved phenemenal status......

Sorry him, too much sun today.
July 2nd, 2005 09:19 PM
Angiegirl Well, I happen to think the exact opposite. They're great. It's not vibrant rock 'n roll like The Who, but it's a whole different kinda music, beautifully layered and intense, for me at least. I saw them live when I was 13, in Belgium, it was my first large scale rock show, it was amazing. Even the lasershow .
July 2nd, 2005 09:26 PM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Well, I happen to think the exact opposite. They're great. It's not vibrant rock 'n roll like The Who, but it's a whole different kinda music, beautifully layered and intense, for me at least. I saw them live when I was 13, in Belgium, it was my first large scale rock show, it was amazing. Even the lasershow .

You have rejected the Stones..............why?
July 2nd, 2005 09:28 PM
Angiegirl Just to bug you.
July 2nd, 2005 09:31 PM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Just to bug you.

Who performed in France?
July 2nd, 2005 09:32 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
Don't take it personal~!!!! I think Pink Floyd is the most boring band that has achieved phenemenal status......

I think they are beyond boring. What's up with all that keyboard synthesizer shit? Also, everyone I've ever known to like Pink Floyd were all major dope smokers.
[Edited by gypsy]
July 2nd, 2005 09:34 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I think they are beyond boring. What's up with all that keyboard synthesizer shit? Also, everyone I've ever know to like Pink Floyd were all major dope smokers.

Exactly correct Gypsy
July 2nd, 2005 09:42 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
Exactly correct Gypsy

Thank you, my Jewish friend. You have an email.
July 2nd, 2005 09:46 PM
TomL I think it was a one time thing also. I have seen both live. I prefer Waters, floyd and solo stuff. Do Pink Floyd fans smoke dope?
July 2nd, 2005 09:49 PM
Bloozehound never big on floyd but ya gotta give them credit for that wizard of oz/dark side of the moon thingy\

that was genius
July 2nd, 2005 09:50 PM
gypsy
quote:
TomL wrote:
Do Pink Floyd fans smoke dope?

Like it's goin' outta style.
July 2nd, 2005 09:52 PM
TomL That explains why I don't remember. Wish u were here was good.
July 2nd, 2005 10:52 PM
PeerQueer Floyd is brilliant music.

If you don't get it, you don't get it.

They rank in my top 5 all time. The fact it had been so many years since those two gents graced a stage together made the moment by far the most significant of an otherwise insignificant musical orgy of self-important save the world rubbish.

That being said, I am glad Mick did not show. If the boys couldn't be together, than fuck it - wait until the upcoming tour.

And no word of Dylan even remotely interested in being a part of this silly event. The guy somehow gets even cooler than he was before.

And I do enjoy a bit of weed with my Floyd now and again. What of it?
July 2nd, 2005 10:54 PM
jb
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Floyd is brilliant music.

If you don't get it, you don't get it.

They rank in my top 5 all time. The fact it had been so many years since those two gents graced a stage together made the moment by far the most significant of an otherwise insignificant musical orgy of self-important save the world rubbish.

That being said, I am glad Mick did not show. If the boys couldn't be together, than fuck it - wait until the upcoming tour.

And no word of Dylan even remotely interested in being a part of this silly event. The guy somehow gets even cooler than he was before.

And I do enjoy a bit of weed with my Floyd now and again. What of it?

Pink Floyd is not rock..it is simply a reason to get stoned and feel groovy.
July 2nd, 2005 10:58 PM
PeerQueer Exactly.

You wanna get stoned and feel groovy Mr. JB?
July 2nd, 2005 10:59 PM
Bloozehound my favorite pink floyd song is dirty woman

its badass
July 2nd, 2005 11:01 PM
PeerQueer Ooohh, freebase - gotta watch that shit!

July 2nd, 2005 11:01 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
jb wrote:
I stopped......today, as a family man, I must set an example to my children and not use drugs.

you're only cheatin yourself on all the fun....and the floyd
July 2nd, 2005 11:03 PM
jb
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

you're only cheatin yourself on all the fun....and the floyd

I like whippets!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)