ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Rehearsing babies rehearsing...
Arriving to the first rehearsals for the tour - Greenwood School Today
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with many many thank yous!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPA—OL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Welcome Back Roger Waters! Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 2nd, 2005 11:05 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
jb wrote:
I like whippets!!!



I tried those a few times on bourbon street, they'dsell them in the shops
July 3rd, 2005 06:38 AM
gotdablouse Got the vid' off of torrent, pretty amazing stuff, although Roger Waters looks senile now, smiling like a teenager all the time ! Strange to see him come back as a sideman too, where has all his EGO gone !
July 3rd, 2005 12:19 PM
Gimme Shelter
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
my favorite pink floyd song is dirty woman

its badass



Young Lust
July 6th, 2005 09:56 AM
Honky Tonk Man Iím not a huge Floyd fan at all. I find their music very boring at times.

I do quite like the Syd Barrett era though, just for itís sheer weirdness.

July 6th, 2005 10:15 AM
Gazza if you like weirdness, check out Syd's two post-Floyd solo albums "The Madcap Laughs" and "Barrett".

Bloody great fun and completely bonkers
July 6th, 2005 10:55 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
jb wrote:

Pink Floyd is not rock..it is simply a reason to get stoned and feel groovy.



Isn't that the resulting benefit for all music?
July 6th, 2005 03:09 PM
Child of the Moon I personally don't smoke dope, and I happen to love Pink Floyd. I listen to them because I enjoy what's going on in their music. Same with the Stones. Same with Muddy Waters. Same with everyone I listen to. You don't have to get fucked up to enjoy certain kinds of music.
July 6th, 2005 04:17 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:

Pink Floyd is not rock..it is simply a reason to get stoned and feel groovy.



You say that like it's a BAD thing.

Actually hardly ANY of Pink Floyd's work is about feeling "groovy", unless extreme paranoia and clinical depression are "groovy".


feelin' "groovy"
July 6th, 2005 04:27 PM
Candace Youngblood Animals is the best PF album ever. Dark, cold, depressing and fucking beautiful.

July 6th, 2005 04:36 PM
nankerphelge I like Floyd just fine.
Not for a road trip.
Not for a party.
Not for the horizontal bop.

but on those days where you just need something a bit different with your chiba!!


July 6th, 2005 04:38 PM
gypsy
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
I personally don't smoke dope, and I happen to love Pink Floyd. I listen to them because I enjoy what's going on in their music. Same with the Stones. Same with Muddy Waters. Same with everyone I listen to. You don't have to get fucked up to enjoy certain kinds of music.



I never said that one had to be high to listen to/like Pink Floyd. I was just stating that in my experience, most Pink Floyd fans are stoners and were stoners to begin with.
July 6th, 2005 04:39 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! >>>I think they are beyond boring. What's up with all that keyboard synthesizer shit? Also, everyone I've ever known to like Pink Floyd were all major dope smokers. <<<

So what's wrong with that? Actually, if you're going to see Floyd you need to drop some good acid as well!
By the way, I thought that they sounded great and even caught Dave and Roger sharing a few smiles at one another. Hopfully, they'll put all the crap behind them and realize that they're not getting any younger and how important their music is to millions of people. If they could get in the right mind set, we just may see a full scale Floyd Tour next summer. I'd say it's a good 50/50 chance that it will happen, which is a lot better then it has been in the past when it was a 0% chance of them ever playing together again. Oh, another thing "Money" and I'm not talking the song. Can you imagine how much they would make off of a full world tour? Of course tickets would proably be about the same as The Stones, if not higher.
July 6th, 2005 04:56 PM
gypsy
quote:
Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
>>>I think they are beyond boring. What's up with all that keyboard synthesizer shit? Also, everyone I've ever known to like Pink Floyd were all major dope smokers. <<<

So what's wrong with that? Actually, if you're going to see Floyd you need to drop some good acid as well!
By the way, I thought that they sounded great and even caught Dave and Roger sharing a few smiles at one another. Hopfully, they'll put all the crap behind them and realize that they're not getting any younger and how important their music is to millions of people. If they could get in the right mind set, we just may see a full scale Floyd Tour next summer. I'd say it's a good 50/50 chance that it will happen, which is a lot better then it has been in the past when it was a 0% chance of them ever playing together again. Oh, another thing "Money" and I'm not talking the song. Can you imagine how much they would make off of a full world tour? Of course tickets would proably be about the same as The Stones, if not higher.



I hate Pink Floyd. They suck ass.
July 6th, 2005 05:02 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
gypsy wrote:


I hate Pink Floyd. They suck ass.



And what is so wrong with that?
July 6th, 2005 05:04 PM
glencar You little dirt devil!
July 6th, 2005 07:31 PM
BILL PERKS PINK FLOYD BLOWS DOG.EVEN MY PUGS HATE THEM.
July 6th, 2005 08:00 PM
telecaster Would someone please finally tell me if the Pink Floyd/Wizard of Oz thing is true?


Thanks in advance

Your friend

tele
July 6th, 2005 08:01 PM
MrPleasant When I'm mad at the world, and I need to let out some steam, I can always play me some "Animals" (the Pink Floyd album, not Eric Burdon's band): what a brilliant condemnation of human groupings as means for hypocrisy, violence and submissiveness. The longest track ("Dogs") kicks such a respectable amount of ass in its seventeen minutes that it never becomes boring or feels like a lecture (two of Roger Waters' occasional weaknesses).

IMO, "Animals" and not "The Wall" should have been made into a movie. A better one.

Naturally, the album goes a lot smoother with booze in hand.
[Edited by MrPleasant]
July 6th, 2005 08:05 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:
Animals is the best PF album ever. Dark, cold, depressing and fucking beautiful.





Give me Wish You Were Here anytime.
July 6th, 2005 08:07 PM
TomL Well I have been known to partake. But me and Nanky play a mean Wish U Were Here. If Waters is in town go see him, you will not be dissapointed. It's not Stones, but it's a good show.
July 6th, 2005 09:00 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Would someone please finally tell me if the Pink Floyd/Wizard of Oz thing is true?


Thanks in advance

Your friend

tele





yes
July 6th, 2005 09:17 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! >>>I hate Pink Floyd. They suck ass.
<<<
When you hear a comment like that, it's usually from someone very young, or someone that has very little knowledge of music in general. It's your opinion and everyone's entitled, but there's been many people to say that The Stones, ABB, The Dead, Miles Davis, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan and The Beatles suck. I don't put much stock in those opinions either, because they certainly have their own opinions as well as everyone else. After all not everyone is musically literate. Pink Floyd is one of the best groups in rock history, lyric wise and musically, and thatís a fact jack!
July 6th, 2005 09:17 PM
doo doo doo Dude Glad to see Waters back in the fold of this once great band. With any luck they do a new world tour and Waters quickly reasserts himself as supreme leader of the band again while reverting back to to his old evil artistic dictatorial ways, ala the Emporer in Star Wars.

That way he can fire Richard Wright again for being weak and useless, level with Nick Mason of what a truly shitty drummer he is, and push Gilmore back to second fiddle where he belongs if for nothing more than making fans have to suffer through the wretched "Momentary Lapse of Reason" & "Division Bell" albums.

I'm also hoping that David Lee Roth gets back together with Van Halen and essentially does the same thing to that band....
July 6th, 2005 09:20 PM
corgi37 I just cant get into them. Too pretentious. One of my best mates is a Pink Floyd tragic, the way i am a Stones/Who tragic. He at least has the good sense to have seen the Stones/Who with me, and i return the favour and tolerate Live at Pompeii and say it was great.

Some of PF's stuff is ok, but i gotta be in the mood for alot of it.

And yes, that means choofing along!! hahaha.

BTW - any one tried listening to Dark side of the moon while watching Wizard of Oz with the sound down. Its supposed to match perfectly.
July 6th, 2005 09:44 PM
Gimme Shelter My wife just told me she heard on the radio that David Gilmore made a statement that he was happy to reunite for the one time charity gig, but that there is no way he would tour with any version of Pink Floyd again. I guess, he has a solo album of his own he wants to put out.
July 6th, 2005 09:59 PM
gypsy
quote:
Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
>>>I hate Pink Floyd. They suck ass.
<<<
When you hear a comment like that, it's usually from someone very young, or someone that has very little knowledge of music in general. It's your opinion and everyone's entitled, but there's been many people to say that The Stones, ABB, The Dead, Miles Davis, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan and The Beatles suck. I don't put much stock in those opinions either, because they certainly have their own opinions as well as everyone else. After all not everyone is musically literate. Pink Floyd is one of the best groups in rock history, lyric wise and musically, and thatís a fact jack!




Yes, I am young. I like all the other artists you mentioned though. I still don't like Pink Floyd.
July 6th, 2005 10:26 PM
2000 Man

The Drama Department of Chiswick School for Boys celebrates another great performance of the all male My Fair Lady.

Gypsy is right. Pink Floyd sucks ass.
[Edited by 2000 Man]
July 6th, 2005 10:57 PM
pdog My lack of love for Floyd is pretty well known... I thought it was cool seeing the band play, I watched it all live on my puter'. That was it, however, when it was over it was over. If someone gave me a ticket, I might go see them... Maybe, just for the hell of it!
July 6th, 2005 11:07 PM
time is on my side Musical taste is always subjective but I love Pink Floyd's music and don't find them boring at all.

I've enjoyed them when I was younger and smoking plenty of dope (loved that Columbian redbud) but I've also enjoyed them as I've gotten older and don't smoke dope much anymore except for the those times when I'm visiting Amsterdam on holiday.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)