ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: One Bob, One Love Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 29th, 2005 12:13 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haile_Selassie

Good stuff, JB - thanks. Although Rastafarianism is patently ridiculous, it is no more ridiculous than any other religion. Plus it has that whole ganja thing goin' on.

"That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned: That until there are no longer first-class and second class citizens of any nation; That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; That until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained." – Haile Selassie, United Nations, and popularised in a song called War by Bob Marley.
June 29th, 2005 03:17 PM
Child of the Moon Sorry, complete misinterpretation of the term "One Bob, One Love."

But as far as I know, the Dead did one or two Marley covers in their time. And I know they filmed a show at the Bob Marley Performing Arts Center in Mentego Bay, Jamaica in 1982.

I've always considered Rastafarianism kind of interesting because so many people tend to misinterpret it. I've heard of a lot of people who claim they are rastas and then proceed to drink and party and smoke the herb like it's a fun-time kind of thing. From what I've learned, that's not what real rastas do at all.
June 29th, 2005 08:25 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Marley was a great icon, I don't like the reggae so much but I like some of Bob's songs.
Get Up, Stand Up is the perfect reggae tune.

I believe that was written with Peter Tosh, whose solo version I actually prefer.

Tosh's voice sounded less joyful, much more disillusioned than Marley's, which I usually find more to my liking (especially when it comes to anthems).
June 29th, 2005 11:42 PM
Zack Mr Pleasant, expect a package soon.
June 29th, 2005 11:46 PM
MrPleasant I know what you mean. Many thanks!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)