ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hoolywood Album Listening Party? Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 24th, 2005 08:39 AM
gimmekeef Someone on Doug's is posting inside info re a private listening party for the new album as soon as tonight in Hollywood....This sounds dubious as only 2 weeks of mixing in LA would to me at least not be enough time to polish it up..anyone confirm??
June 24th, 2005 08:41 AM
gimmekeef Oooops need extra coffee..Cant spell Hollywood!
June 24th, 2005 11:05 AM
glencar There's someone who posts over there with dubious info although it usually concerns Philly.
June 24th, 2005 11:18 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
There's someone who posts over there with dubious info although it usually concerns Philly.

the guy who posted about the listening party is not the same guy who posts the philly info, he is a very reliable source with plenty of solid LA connections.
June 24th, 2005 11:28 AM
glencar Thanks for that info, Pug! I didn't think it would be the same person but I haven't been there since yesterday.
June 24th, 2005 11:38 AM
Gazza supposedly there's a similar one in London in about 10 days time, so I guess it could be credible

I'd be surprised if its this early, though and BEFORE the title and list of songs is even known. That would be quite unusual
[Edited by Gazza]
June 24th, 2005 11:39 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Thanks for that info, Pug! I didn't think it would be the same person but I haven't been there since yesterday.

for you.....anything
June 24th, 2005 11:51 AM
glencar Old Style?
June 24th, 2005 11:51 AM
glencar If you come to NY, I will buy you some Blue Point. It's a microbrew & it isn't all that great but it is beer. Boy, did I get hammered last night!
June 24th, 2005 03:20 PM
gimmekeef This could be just a taste of the songs not formal listening of whole album.Lets face it its been 8 yrs or so since last release.If they want to make a splash they're gonna need lotsa advance media splash.Not just Keith sayin its another Exile!....
June 24th, 2005 03:27 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Old Style?

I will keep some cold "Old Style Light" specifically for you along with a german stein to put it in.

Cheers,

VDP
June 24th, 2005 04:36 PM
Back Street Girl BREAKING NEWS! New album info!

Listening party for Virgin staff in London the 29 of June.
Title and artwork to be officially presented the 4 July.
Album release first half of september.
This is first hand info.
I will post any changes or news as soon as they arrive.
There might be additional info on Monday!

Posted at Stonesvikings
June 24th, 2005 05:57 PM
Gazza yeah I saw that too, but they also said it would be out in Japan on 10th August

makes no sense that a Japanese release would be a month ahead of the rest of the world, especially as they're touring America from just after its supposedly out in Japan.

The story I heard a few weeks ago (it was posted on here, I think, as well) was that it would be out in Japan on the above date and then the rest of the world at the start of the following week (ie 15th August (16th in North America))

The guy from stonesvikings said theyd hear more early next week...I guess we'll know for sure sometime within the next few days.

If the songs (or at least most of them) are ready enough to be played to Virgin employees and journalists now then they'll obviously be ready to be released to the public before the tour starts. If the album is out mid september, they'll hardly be playing the album to the press as early 11 weeks in advance
[Edited by Gazza]
June 24th, 2005 08:15 PM
Soldatti Gazza, U2 released their new album 3 months after of the press release and 1 month and half after Vertigo's radio premiere. The press release for Eric Clapton's new album was the last Monday and the album is coming on Aug. 30. The "great" Bon Jovi is releasing the new album on Sept. 19 and the press release was the last week.

I don't see the new Stones album coming before of August 30.
June 24th, 2005 08:25 PM
Bob Tamp I think it's a good sign if they are holding press parties to listen to it. I think the last time any member of the stones did this was Jagger with Wandering Spirit.

If they are holding listening parties, I would tend to think they are really happy with what they got.
June 24th, 2005 09:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Gazza, U2 released their new album 3 months after of the press release and 1 month and half after Vertigo's radio premiere. The press release for Eric Clapton's new album was the last Monday and the album is coming on Aug. 30. The "great" Bon Jovi is releasing the new album on Sept. 19 and the press release was the last week.

I don't see the new Stones album coming before of August 30.

fair point, although I wouldnt go by the single's airplay vs release dates. The way the singles charts are now (in Europe anyway) everything is geared towards maximum impact in the first week of release so a single is played on the radio several weeks before it comes out.

Clapton's time frame would be roughly what I'd expect from the Stones - ie, a couple of months.

Main point is that if the album is ready enough to be played to the press and A&R people, then it makes no commercial sense to NOT have it out for at least the same week as the start of the tour in the same country that they're playing. U2 didnt tour until a few months after the release of their album, so by then their fans had time to familiarise themselves with the new material. If the record is ready now then whats to stop it being released by the time the tour starts.

I guess we'll know for sure in a few days, but its a huge commercial mistake I feel if they release it several weeks AFTER the tour starts. What the fuck have they been doing for the last 9 months?
June 25th, 2005 04:29 AM
christijanus I think commercialy it would be better for the Stones to put the album out before the tour. Maybe it helps selling out shows faster if people like and know the new album
June 25th, 2005 04:46 AM
pdog
quote:
christijanus wrote:
I think commercialy it would be better for the Stones to put the album out before the tour. Maybe it helps selling out shows faster if people like and know the new album

The other side of the coin is alot of bands like to play the new stuff before it's released to see how it feels live and how the audience reacts to songs they've never heard before. I think it's the better way, you get immeadite response from yourself and an audience. It's entirely different listening to it at home or in the car.

That's my nickel, 2 cents adjusted to fit inflation!
June 26th, 2005 10:39 PM
glencar Haven't the Stones always released albums before the tour began?
June 26th, 2005 10:55 PM
Bob Tamp Both Let it Bleed, and Bridges came out while the tour was already going on.
June 27th, 2005 05:22 AM
Gazza Bridges and Steel Wheels both came out a week or so after the tour started

Let It Bleed was only actually finished a few days before th '69 tour began but came out a few weeks later (none of this nonsense you have now where it takes the A&R people about 4 months to get their shit together before you can release it)

40 Licks of course came out about a month into the Licks tour
June 27th, 2005 06:35 AM
IanBillen Gazza wrote:

"What the fuck have they been doing for the last 9 months?"

What do you think I have been bitching about all this time? They have taken their good old time so damn much on this album it really makes you wonder.

I know one thing. This album better be damn good with all the waiting and elusiveness surrounding this particular album.

Here it is basically July and the tour starts next month yet we still have no official word on when this fucking album is going to hit the shelf....amazing.

Ian
June 27th, 2005 11:39 AM
glencar Calm down! They're working very hard over the next month & a half. Things will go right on time. Relax!
June 27th, 2005 01:15 PM
stewed & Keefed www.stonesvikings.com

NSV member Mr Ove Tingvall will fly over to London wednesday morning and participate in the listening party! It´s only about 15-20 persons invited, so it will be very exclusive to say the least. The listening party will most probably be at Olympic Studios, and last about 3 hours, as there will be some food and drinks for the guests. There is no confirmation yet, if any of the members of the band will be there, not even Virgin knows at this point.
So this means that we will have even more info for you all on thursday evening at the earliest, when Ove gets home.
I "ordered" Ove to take notes, and report to HQ ,
So if we´re lucky, we might have the title or working title for the album, and some songtitles!

www.stonesvikings.com
June 27th, 2005 01:42 PM
Voodoo Scrounge The longer I wait for this album. The more excited I get
June 27th, 2005 01:50 PM
glencar
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
www.stonesvikings.com

NSV member Mr Ove Tingvall will fly over to London wednesday morning and participate in the listening party! It´s only about 15-20 persons invited, so it will be very exclusive to say the least. The listening party will most probably be at Olympic Studios, and last about 3 hours, as there will be some food and drinks for the guests. There is no confirmation yet, if any of the members of the band will be there, not even Virgin knows at this point.
So this means that we will have even more info for you all on thursday evening at the earliest, when Ove gets home.
I "ordered" Ove to take notes, and report to HQ ,
So if we´re lucky, we might have the title or working title for the album, and some songtitles!

www.stonesvikings.com

Alright!
June 27th, 2005 09:54 PM
Soldatti This long wait is killing me.
June 28th, 2005 12:15 AM
Madafaka Ok, so let's see what Mr. Ove "Lucky Man" Tingvall tells about the new album! I can't wait...
June 28th, 2005 01:54 AM
glencar
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
This long wait is killing me.

It's 2 days. Hang in there!
June 28th, 2005 03:58 AM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:

It's 2 days. Hang in there!

Where's the time go?
Why rush to the end, savor the middle, like a good long shag!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)