ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Ascot June 18, 2004
Thanks moy!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Complaints About RS.com Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th June 2004 03:31 PM
LadyJane Ignorance?! Are you calling me ignorant? How dare you!

That's all you got from my post??

FYI--I'm in debt up to my eyebrows, Snappy. I live from check to check and sometimes that isn't enough! But I'll start collecting cans and bottles if that's what it takes to see the Stones. Why? Because they are THAT important to me.

I'm so sick and tired of all of the negativity on this Board. No wonder people aren't posting. You try and express the love you have for the Stones and you get into a pissing match.

And I added In My Humble Opinion....just to try and diffuse comments like those from you.

LJ.
26th June 2004 03:42 PM
Snappy McJack Screw you! I'm not starting any pissing match. You are Ms. Sensitive around here, and are very IGNORANT to understand that.

I'm a college student who loves the Stones but collect bottles and cans so I can eat food, clean my clothes, and drive a car.

To say that $100 for a fucking membership to a website is "nothing" is preposterous and inane. But go ahead, do whatever you want. For some reason you view "loving the Stones" as having to give them more and more money instead of just appreciating the music.
26th June 2004 03:55 PM
rogerriffin i don�t know what think about more www.rollingstones.com

i bought a pair of t-shirt in may 7, and never did receive, they don�t give me no solution, anybody had a problem like this?

26th June 2004 04:05 PM
LadyJane Newsflash for you--Ms. Sensitive has paid her dues in life.

I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth either.

I've been in your shoes. I feel for ya.

I'm just at a point now where I CAN spend the money. Do you begrudge me that?

Tell ya what, Snappy. When I join, I'll PM you my password. Seriously.

LJ.

26th June 2004 04:15 PM
MarthaMyDear Can you guys PLEASE hold it down?!?!?! I'm quitting smoking
right now...
CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
racking-up!!! SHADDUP!!! SHADDUP!!! SHADDUP!!!
ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I look at it like this... All
I am saying is that they charge too much for everything...
I'll be paying about $175.00 more a month in rent at my new
apartment to live in a way better area because I was
burglarized where I lived before, etc., and to have a nicer
place, etc.... And, being burglarized big-time ALONE has put
me in FAR more debt than the last tour... If there was a
choice between me getting good tix, etc., or a nice place to
live, etc., um... I think we know which one is probably a
frickin' better choice at this point (even without
th burglery, ok.?!?!?!)!!!

Anyways... SNAPPY!!! Have you tried to get a job at your
school (or even through your school since alot have bulletin
boards listing jobs and departments for that, etc.)?!?!?! I
did that when I was in school and I quite liked it!!! It was
convenient, also, as I didn't have to drive anywhere since I
was right there for classes, etc.!!! My friend did that,
also... Just a thought!!!

LadyJane, you have a PM, ok.?!?!?! TAKE CARE and I HOPE to
talk to you SOON, ok.?!?!?! ROCK ON, MOMMA!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
26th June 2004 04:20 PM
MarthaMyDear Um, LadyJane... I think you should probably wait until after you have at least tried to get the tix you WANT to get (if they have the same set-up on tix, etc.)!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, on the other hand, if they do what they did last year where we could buy a membership to the North American as WELL as the International fan club, you could do something like that!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
26th June 2004 05:42 PM
MarthaMyDear rogerriffin, they ripped you off... END OF STORY!!! I would go after them until I got my fucking money back just like I'm doing right now with a place I purchased a magazine subscription to online... I don't care WHO the fuck they THINK they are!!! Thieves are fucking thieves and con artists are fucking con artists... BY THE WAY!!! The official store did that to me, ALSO, when I bought something there for a friend as a gift and THEY FUCKING DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME they hadn't shipped it (I had to ask them what was up with my gift order)!!! LUCKILY, they hadn't charged my card just yet and I was able to get another present sent to my friend from somewhere else (Christmas present, I think it was) in time!!! ASSHOLES!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
26th June 2004 06:55 PM
Angiegirl Everyone should decide if 100 bucks is too much for them personally, judged by how easy you can spare it and what it'll get ya. Nobody can judge that.
So far, I see no reason to join (rejoin). Makes no sense to me whatsoever since there's no news at all. It's all been said already. If and when a tour is announced, it still depends on the structure of the tour (like: how large the venues will be, how will regular ticket sales be conducted) if I will join. The only sensible reason to join is if it's your only or best chance on getting theatre tix. I think we all agree on that. Not just for a DVD or whatever.

I can't spare 100 bucks anyway, not even close. I don't see all the excitement, come on, still months ahead of any possible news. Who cares about a stupid so-called fanclub as long as there's no concrete news anyway? They'll only start to matter to me if they will increase my chance on a club ticket. That's all. The rest is trivial to me.
26th June 2004 08:34 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Newsflash for you--Ms. Sensitive has paid her dues in life.

I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth either.

I've been in your shoes. I feel for ya.

I'm just at a point now where I CAN spend the money. Do you begrudge me that?

Tell ya what, Snappy. When I join, I'll PM you my password. Seriously.

LJ.

I understand that. And I really didn't want to spark a flame here, but I'm a bit irritated by the fact that my favorite band is so corporate, so dredged in $.

"I'm just at a point now where I CAN spend the money. Do you begrudge me that?"

No, I don't have anything against it, but that really wasn't my point. But, don't you think that there are people that love the Stones just as much as you, but are not willing to go into debt to see X shows? I mean, it's totally fucked up! An older guy that likes a younger band gets to pay the same dinky price that a 15 year old does, but a 15 year old that cherishes there music can't see the Stones unless his mom and dad give him the cash (who's to say they will). And yeah, longevity is a factor -- but the thing is, this band wants to make more than anything, and I think it's fucked up that these oldies acts that are supposedly musically universal are so one-dimensional when it comes to live shows.

Yes, they play one hell of a show and I would love to see them more than twice on a tour, but I can't -- mostly because I am not the target audience of this band. They aren't catering to the young crowd; yeah, you'll see some young ones running around an arena, but I'm willing to say that it's a small percentage. And to boot, when they don't have a specific price for a specific area, I'm not surprised that younger people like myself are not going. Some people are paying $150 in the rafters -- talk about a waste of money and time.

I should also say that not only young folks suffer from not seeing them as much as they'd like. It's not really limited to one market, but it sure seems that way.

All I know is that I have my CD's and that I can catch 2 times maximum on a tour. You know, I'm not the only young guy in this world that loves the band and hates the way they are running things as of late. I'm a small percentage of people that WANT to see the Stones, but CAN'T (at least not 15 times like some people do -- WTF is up with that, anyway?) so of course we are going to be upset. This isn't a "Don't like it, don't buy it" issue -- it's far from it.

26th June 2004 09:25 PM
LadyJane God Snappy...you get an A plus from me for that post.

Thank you for opening my eyes. Your points are VERY well taken. Apparently I was ignorant.

I feel like e-mailing the Band and saying "Look..you have this great group of young fans, but they can't afford tickets. Don't you guys have enough money? Can't you cut the working people and students a break?"

I guess I'm so used to being screwed by Corporations, and life in general, that I don't mind bending over and grabbing my ankles for the Stones.

LJ.

PS..Check your PM.

[Edited by LadyJane]
26th June 2004 11:07 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I guess I'm so used to being screwed by Corporations, and life in general, that I don't mind bending over and grabbing my ankles for the Stones.

LJ.

PS..Check your PM.

[Edited by LadyJane]

Yeah, you got a good point there.

YOu have a PM!!!
26th June 2004 11:59 PM
MarthaMyDear LJ, THANK YOU FOR THE NICE EMAIL!!! BOY, DO WE
HAVE ALOT IN COMMON (RE. OUR PARENTS AND ALOT MORE!!!)!!!
Anyways, it might take me a little bit to reply to it but I
WILL when I can, ok.?!?!?! TAKE CARE and I will
talk to you REALLY REALLY SOON, ok.?!?!?!
Anyways, take care and A LOT MORE SOON!!!
Anyways, MORE SOON!!!

*** Martha ***
27th June 2004 02:14 PM
P I got the membership last year and bought 4 tickets for the kuip at rotterdam, FOS area.
I'm not sure if I could've gotten in the FOS without the membership.
But in the end we were all quite happy to escape the crowdy masses behind us.
And I must admit that I like the fanclub cap very much.
I've blackened the white text on the back of the cap because I found it too eyecatching, I've worn it all through the winter... very happy with it

If they would repeat the fan ticket feature, then I would probably spend the amount again.
Realising that there are many usefull things to be done with a 100 bucks
27th June 2004 11:34 PM
rogerriffin
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
rogerriffin, they ripped you off... END OF STORY!!! I would go after them until I got my fucking money back just like I'm doing right now with a place I purchased a magazine subscription to online... I don't care WHO the fuck they THINK they are!!! Thieves are fucking thieves and con artists are fucking con artists... BY THE WAY!!! The official store did that to me, ALSO, when I bought something there for a friend as a gift and THEY FUCKING DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME they hadn't shipped it (I had to ask them what was up with my gift order)!!! LUCKILY, they hadn't charged my card just yet and I was able to get another present sent to my friend from somewhere else (Christmas present, I think it was) in time!!! ASSHOLES!!!

MARTHA MY DEAR...Thanks by your words of breath...they already charged the credit card...
28th June 2004 10:06 AM
jb Personally, I didn't join simply b/c I buy from scalpers...compared to what I pay for premium seats, the prices for the tour packages(as I recall the 3 venue deal was around 3k?) seemed reasonable..plus many people did get better seat and club show tickets...it's scalping but not as bad as the "real " thing..
[Edited by jb]
28th June 2004 10:26 AM
Joey Personally , I buy from the ticket brokers and why shouldn't I ?!?!?!?!

After all , I am an AMERICAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" Stones Rule You Friggin Bastards ! "

Joey " Dutch " Reagan !
28th June 2004 11:48 AM
Gazza >Personally, I didn't join simply b/c I buy from scalpers...

at least the scalpers are honest about what theyre doing. By ciphoning off great seats that would otherwise have gone to actual fans to ticket brokers to re-sell at exorbitantly increased prices the Stones and their management are effectively scalping under another name and no doubt getting a decent cut on it in the process.
Page: 1 2