ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Brian Jones
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jackson in flying visit for Dylan concert Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th June 2006 10:56 AM
Martha
EGADS!!!!!!
------------------------------------------
24 June 2006

Jackson in flying visit for Dylan concert

By Colm Heatley and Seán O'Riordan
SELF-PROCLAIMED ‘King of Pop’ Michael Jackson arrived in Ireland yesterday, amid speculation that he was set to join his long-time idol Bob Dylan on stage tonight in Kilkenny.

The controversial star arrived at Cork Airport yesterday afternoon on board an Aer Lingus flight from Paris.

Face covered with a scarf, he and his three children, along with two adults, were whisked away in a blacked-out van.

It is understood he booked into the exclusive €1,500-a-night Blackwater Castle hotel in Castletownroche, Co Cork.

Management at the castle, formerly occupied by one of Oliver Cromwell’s lieutenants in the 17th century, denied they had a superstar, albeit a fading one, in their midst.

“We would be honoured if such a guest would choose to stay here, but it isn’t the case,” said a spokesman.

The castle is just five miles away from the home of Riverdance star Michael Flatley, who was at home last night, but it isn’t clear if the two met up. However, Jackson is due to give a cameo performance at tonight’s Bob Dylan concert in Kilkenny before an expected audience of 20,000, according to sources close to the concert.

The modern day ‘Peter Pan’ is a long-term Dylan fan and a year after he was acquitted of child molestation charges, Jackson, 47, is trying hard to re-establish his flagging career.

However, as with all things surrounding ‘Wacko Jacko’, little was clear.

But, in a sign of the times, Michael Jackson, accustomed to private jets in financially better times, flew into Cork on a regular Aer Lingus flight.

© Irish Examiner, 2006, Thomas Crosbie Media, TCH

24th June 2006 11:06 AM
PartyDoll MEG Jesus, No!!!! Bob, please keep him away!!!!
24th June 2006 11:21 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Whaaaaaat?!?!
That's crazy talk.
24th June 2006 11:45 AM
Martha I don't know what's happening?!?!?!.....did he bring Bob's old flame Liz along? If he takes the stage with Bob I will be stunned....Holy Moly!!!

24th June 2006 11:50 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Martha wrote:
If he takes the stage with Bob I will be stunned....Holy Moly!!!

If he tries, Security will grab him and haul his ass away.
24th June 2006 12:23 PM
glencar That would indeed be a "Thriller!" albeit one with a fading pop star.
24th June 2006 12:37 PM
corgi37 "Long time Dylan fan"????

WTF???

OH, yeah, silly me. He picked up all his dance moves from Bob. Of course. Its obvious really.
24th June 2006 12:59 PM
parmeda
quote:
Martha wrote:
However, Jackson is due to give a cameo performance at tonight’s Bob Dylan concert in Kilkenny before an expected audience of 20,000, according to sources close to the concert.

Where the hell is SS?
...somebody tell him I'm making fricken popcorn!

This shit ain't right.

24th June 2006 01:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Doesn't Jacko know his career is over? He's Kryptonite.
24th June 2006 01:11 PM
SweetVirginia

Wait 'till LJ hears about this!

24th June 2006 01:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
Martha wrote:

EGADS!!!!!!
------------------------------------------
24 June 2006

Jackson in flying visit for Dylan concert

By Colm Heatley and Seán O'Riordan
SELF-PROCLAIMED ‘King of Pop’ Michael Jackson arrived in Ireland yesterday, amid speculation that he was set to join his long-time idol Bob Dylan on stage tonight in Kilkenny.

oh for fucks sake, wise up (thats local slang for 'get real' to you Yanks..). Typical crap from stupid journalists who think that if one 'famous' musician goes to watch another one (or if theyre even in the same county), there'll automatically be this onstage multi-superstar bunfight.

Think about it for a microsecond - what could Michael Jackson possibly do on stage with Bob Dylan's band? The notion is ludicrous

What next? Streisand goes to see her 'heroes' The Rolling Stones in concert and rumours persist at the possibility of her joining the band onstage to 'jam' on a version of 'The Way We Were'....?

Kilkenny isnt really that close to Cork. Jackson wont be anywhere near that festival. Too many real people around. Now, Kilkenny IS quite near where Ronnie Wood lives, and he played with Dylan when Bob played there five years ago, so THAT is a lot more possible. Dylan is however actually playing in Cork tomorrow (Sunday) - odd that the journalists seem to have overlooked that....

Fuck it, I cant believe I'm actually wasting energy commenting on the possibility of Bob Dylan and Michael Jackson playing together.
[Edited by Gazza]
24th June 2006 01:54 PM
glencar Or Justin Timberlake joining the Stones on stage for a medley of Miss You/Cry Me A River?
24th June 2006 02:00 PM
Gazza Thats nowhere near as musically absurd in all honesty

Additionally, Jagger no doubt had 'commercial' reasons for that appalling bit of misjudgement. Bob doesnt.

Jacko's simply too 'off the wall' (ouch!) as a human being compared to Timberlake to do something like that.

24th June 2006 06:55 PM
Gazza Setlist from tonight's show at the Source festival in Kilkenny :

1. Maggie's Farm
2. She Belongs To Me
3. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
4. Lay, Lady, Lay
5. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
6. Love Sick
7. Watching The River Flow
8. Ballad Of A Thin Man
9. Absolutely Sweet Marie
10. Highway 61 Revisited
11. Masters Of War
12. Summer Days

(encore)
13. Like A Rolling Stone
14. All Along The Watchtower

No info so far on any 'guest appearances'. I think had something out of the ordinary happened, we'd have known..lol

[Edited by Gazza]
24th June 2006 08:15 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Setlist from tonight's show at the Source festival in Kilkenny :

1. Maggie's Farm
2. She Belongs To Me
4. Lay, Lady, Lay
6. Love Sick
8. Ballad Of A Thin Man
10. Highway 61 Revisited
11. Masters Of War
12. Summer Days

(encore)
13. Like A Rolling Stone

No info so far on any 'guest appearances'. I think had something out of the ordinary happened, we'd have known..lol

[Edited by Gazza]

It's gotta be killing you!! Not seeing Bob this time!!!
24th June 2006 08:26 PM
Gazza Well...I dont "do" festivals, so tonights show didnt interest me

The Cork one tomorrow is in a marquee and a much more intimate venue, so that would have been nice

However, the wonders of the transport system in Ireland being what it is, I could actually get from here to New York about as quickly as it would take me to get to Cork
24th June 2006 09:21 PM
the good
quote:
Gazza wrote:

1. Maggie's Farm
2. She Belongs To Me
4. Lay, Lady, Lay
6. Love Sick
8. Ballad Of A Thin Man
10. Highway 61 Revisited
11. Masters Of War
12. Summer Days

(encore)
13. Like A Rolling Stone

[Edited by Gazza]

Could you imagine Jackson coming out to "Ballad of a thin man"! The spectacle would be so great I almost want to happen. "How does it feel, to be such a freak!!!!"
[Edited by the good]
25th June 2006 08:01 AM
Gazza from the 'Desolation Row' newsletter:

"Despite the rumour that (bassist) Tony (Garnier) was sick and that Ron Wood would be standing in for him and the other (alarming) rumour that Michael Jackson would be guesting, Bob brought out the usual touring band and there were no special guests. "
25th June 2006 09:06 AM
PartyDoll MEG

quote:
Gazza wrote:
However, the wonders of the transport system in Ireland being what it is, I could actually get from here to New York about as quickly as it would take me to get to Cork

You're always welcome to come over here and see Dylan with me....

Gazza puts "rumours" to rest again...

Never believed the article anyway.
25th June 2006 11:32 AM
gimmekeef Damn..was lookin forward to old Bob wheezin his way thru.."Billie Jean"..with Jacko..Christ how do these rumors get started?
25th June 2006 11:39 AM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

You're always welcome to come over here and see Dylan with me....

Live in fear!!
25th June 2006 12:26 PM
parmeda
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Live in fear!!

Hey! I have a copy right on that, you fucker!

25th June 2006 12:31 PM
LadyJane
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Wait 'till LJ hears about this!

No way in Hell Bob would let that living Freak Show anywhere NEAR his stage.

Can you just imagine??

Shiver.............

LJ.

25th June 2006 02:57 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

No way in Hell Bob would let that living Freak Show anywhere NEAR his stage.

Can you just imagine??

Shiver.............

LJ.

I KNEW you would not believe that crazy story!!

25th June 2006 04:57 PM
Joey

This is some weird , crazy , wild , wacky shit .

***** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION ******
25th June 2006 05:39 PM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
Gazza wrote:

1. Maggie's Farm
2. She Belongs To Me
4. Lay, Lady, Lay
6. Love Sick
8. Ballad Of A Thin Man
10. Highway 61 Revisited
11. Masters Of War
12. Summer Days

(encore)
13. Like A Rolling Stone

[Edited by Gazza]

He should have played Lord Protect My Child..
25th June 2006 06:47 PM
Gazza LOL...brilliant
25th June 2006 11:32 PM
TomL Fuck You Gazza Will Ya, Thats slang for Fuck You Gazza Will Ya? It means we love ya Gazza. No fuck you gazza, no we love you gazza.

No once and for all Fuck You Gazza. I pick Argentina to win the world cup.
26th June 2006 01:03 PM
jb Dylan and Jacko=2 of the most overrated stars ever. Let them do a duet of 'We are the World" and Bono can join them as well..the perfect trifecta of tossers and wankers..
26th June 2006 01:25 PM
danielharris627 Wowwww.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)