ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Brian Jones
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jackson in flying visit for Dylan concert Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th June 2006 01:26 PM
jb
quote:
jb wrote:
Dylan and Jacko=2 of the most overrated stars ever. Let them do a duet of 'We are the World" and Bono can join them as well..the perfect trifecta of tossers and wankers..

Agreed!!!!
26th June 2006 01:27 PM
Saint Sway funny
26th June 2006 01:29 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
funny

Agreed!
26th June 2006 01:29 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
funny

Has Pug added anything to the board in my absence?
26th June 2006 01:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Has Pug added anything to the board in my absence?

you were gone?

I hadnt noticed.

been too busy reading about the Chicago baseball standings
26th June 2006 01:37 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

you were gone?

I hadnt noticed.

been too busy reading about the Chicago baseball standings

yES...in a wet, muggy, and otherwise uneventful few days in NYC(sans Gay Pride Parade).
26th June 2006 02:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

yES...in a wet, muggy, and otherwise uneventful few days in NYC(sans Gay Pride Parade).

NY is NEVER uneventful!!

NYC was rockin a plenty this weekend. Arthur Lee - Love tribute show at Beacon on Friday (Robert Plant, Ian Hunter, Ryan Adams...). Then Ryan Adams did a late night secret gig a Bowery Ballroom on Friday. The Mike Hunt Band did their fantastic Stones tribute at Lakeside Lounge on Saturday. Liberty Park Festival all day/night on Sunday (P-Funk, Patti Smith, Los Lobos, Cheap Trick, Smithereens...). As with any NYC weekend theres too many shows going on to actually catch, but usually something for whatever type of music you're looking for. And, of course, the bars are always rockin.
26th June 2006 02:15 PM
jb We missed da boss Thursday evening.................
27th June 2006 01:45 PM
Bitch I read somewhere that DARRYL JONES was asked to fill in on this same DYLAN gig that you are referring to.
27th June 2006 01:47 PM
Saint Sway T-Bone's still the bassist, no?
27th June 2006 02:14 PM
Gazza T-Bone Burnett was never Dylan's bassist

Tony Garnier has been doing the job since 1989 - which means he's been present at more Bob shows in that time than Dylan himself....
27th June 2006 02:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Dylan and Jacko=2 of the most overrated stars ever. Let them do a duet of 'We are the World" and Bono can join them as well..the perfect trifecta of tossers and wankers..

why not join them and make up a quartet!
27th June 2006 02:47 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
T-Bone Burnett was never Dylan's bassist

Gazza are you kidding? he was the bassist on the Rolling Thunder tour!

I thought he was back and playing with him now. Seeing another bassist in a hat must be confusing me, no??

but I could of sworn I've seen him up there at the shows I've been too in the past few years
27th June 2006 04:37 PM
Gazza Rob Stoner was the bassist on the Rolling Thunder Revue - T-Bone Burnett was in the band, but was one of the guitarists

Dylan's only had two regular bass players since the Never Ending Tour started in June 1988. Kenny Aaronson for the first year, who then had to leave due to haveing to get treatment for skin cancer. Tony Garnier was brought in in June 1989 as a temporary replacement, but has been there ever since.
27th June 2006 05:03 PM
Saint Sway the current bassist wears a beige suit and a cowboy hat, holds his bass high - up under his pits - kind of homely looking, no?

perhaps this is why I thought it was T-Bone, no?

and for a period in the late 90s GE Smith was in the band, no?
[Edited by Saint Sway]
27th June 2006 07:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the current bassist wears a beige suit and a cowboy hat, holds his bass high - up under his pits - kind of homely looking, no?

perhaps this is why I thought it was T-Bone, no?

and for a period in the late 90s GE Smith was in the band, no?

GE Smith was the lead guitarist and bandleader from the start of the NET (June 1988) until late 1990. Bloody good he was too. He also was the bandleader/musical arranger on the 30th Anniversary Tribute show at MSG in 1992

You're right about Garnier's style of dress and the way he holds his bass, but he looks very different to T-Bone. Tony's more hispanic looking and probably about a foot smaller!

27th June 2006 09:48 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Well...I dont "do" festivals, so tonights show didnt interest me

The Cork one tomorrow is in a marquee and a much more intimate venue, so that would have been nice

However, the wonders of the transport system in Ireland being what it is, I could actually get from here to New York about as quickly as it would take me to get to Cork

My first dylan show was in a small SF club a few years ago with T&A... The sound wasn't great, saw him the next show again in a College auditorium, sound was fantastic. Being that close to Bob was pretty cool!
Hope he comes around here again sometime!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)