ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy 4th of July
Ethan Russell
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I Refuse to Believe ....................................... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
06-20-03 01:35 PM
Joey ................that the Toronto SARS Festival will the last North American Date for the Stones . UnFrigginBelievable !!!!!!!!!!!

I mean , just think of all of the cities they missed in the States : Minneapolis , Dallas , Memphis , St.Louis ( I bet Johnnie Johnson is absolutely LIVID and can't wait to rip Keith a new Asshole ) , Kansas City , Milwaukee , only three dates at MSG ( Hell , The WHO sold out FIVE dates at MSG and then sold out Jones Beach and two more shows in Jersey ) .

WTF ?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Instead of dicking around in Yokohama and Tokyo for a month , they easily could have sated their True fans here in the good ol' U.S.A.

Say what you will about Macca and the WHO , at least they know where their bread is buttered . Correct me if I am wrong , but has Macca played Japan since his ' 80 pot bust ???? Have the WHO EVER played Japan ?????? Does anyone really give a rats Ass ?????????? Is my Baby Steelie going sailing again in Lake Michigan this weekend ??????? Shall I have shots of " Jagger " or " GM " this evening ????????

Developing ....................

Now , if you will excuse me , it is time for lunch . If anyone needs me , I will be at the CheeseCake Factory .

" Shot by a guy from Columbia Ronnie "

Joesy !
06-20-03 01:44 PM
steel driving hammer How do you like it up the back? Do you like it up the back? LOL!

Philly Be Rocking!!

Joey the Stones will even come to Denver again...

06-20-03 01:48 PM
Joey " Joey the Stones will even come to Denver again... "

My Baby Steelie ......................REALLY?!?!?!

How do's you's knows ??????????? What are your sources ???????? What you drinking tonight ???????

Chilean Red ?!?

You make Joey giddy .

Jacky !
06-20-03 03:54 PM
gypsy But do you believe this:
"Kate Hudson is expecting her first child early next year, her spokesperson has announced."
06-20-03 04:14 PM
nankerphelge Or how 'bout this:

More than 300 sheep grazing near a former phosphate mine died last month after eating plants contaminated with selenium, a waste product from mining.

The sheep were part of a two-year study sponsored by the University of Idaho and the J.R. Simplot Co. to determine how animals react to selenium in the environment.

They were grazing by the now-defunct Conda phosphate mine, which is owned by Simplot.

Scientists blamed a plant called Curlycap Gumweed, which absorbs high levels of selenium from the soil. Selenium is a naturally occurring element that is toxic in high levels.

Greg Moller, University of Idaho associate professor of environmental toxicology, said researchers did not anticipate the deaths.

''There's no doubt there's tragedy here. This was not planned,'' Moller said.

Last summer, the research team gave 72 sheep varying levels of selenium in vegetation and water, and only one elderly sheep died, Moller said. They allowed the 1,400-animal band to graze in the mining area beginning May 19 this year. By May 25, the sheep began to die.

Preliminary tests show the Curlycap Gumweed plants had selenium levels about 40 times the recommended maximum. Simplot spokesman Rick Phillips said researchers did not include the plant in their earlier tests.

''Gumweed wasn't even on the radar,'' Phillips said.

The Conda mine was opened in 1906. Simplot bought the mine in the 1960s and closed it in the 1970s. Because mining guidelines were less stringent in the past, Phillips said, the contaminated soil is probably near the surface.

Phillips said the research was a breakthrough.

''It's shocking to see so many sheep die, but we're learning so much more than we did before,'' Phillips said.

The sheep owners will be reimbursed.

In 2001, more than 150 sheep died from selenium poisoning in the Conda mine area. In 1996, horses in the region died from selenium poisoning.
--------

Butchers!!

Although most of them probably had it coming!

06-20-03 04:38 PM
gypsy Since Joey's not here, I will go ahead and say it:

"Nanky, what a Howard Carter-like find! I would love to caress you and nibble your elbows."
06-20-03 05:28 PM
Gazza WTF ?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Instead of dicking around in Yokohama and Tokyo for a month

>they played just 6 Japanese shows actually over a period of 12 days. Its a huge market for them, if anything they could have spent longer there.

>, they easily could have sated their True fans here in the good ol' U.S.A.

they already have. You guys got fifty shows, with some places getting a second visit too. Youre not the only market in the world. Get on a plane and see other places. You might find they have "true fans" elsewhere too :-)
06-20-03 05:33 PM
Moonisup mick said he liked to have shows with no chairs in it.

If I was an artist, i would HATE chairs.

ballads for sitting

can you imagine 70% sitting during the instrumentals of CYHMK?????

ARGGGGGGGGGG
06-20-03 06:20 PM
Miss U. The "true" fans in the USA can come see em in the Big Smoke.
06-21-03 12:22 AM
MarthaMyDear *** I *** am a "true" fan (whatever the hell THAT means... Oh, skip it... CRACKING-UP!!!
lol........................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P )
and I'd rather see them play in London (which I will and it can't be soon enough, DAMNIT!!!
lol........................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P )
than here in L.A.... Everyone's so fricking JADED, they always sit... It's ANNOYING!!!
lol........................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***

P.S.(That's a GREAT pic. of Jerry, Miss U.!!! I like her 'cause she's artsy... GO, JERRY!!!
lol........................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
PEACE and ROCK ON!!! )
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
06-21-03 09:08 AM
Honky Tonk Man I agree with Gazza. Joey is talking shit! It is logical and totoally fair that the States get more shows than anywhere else. It is a HUGE Country and there are alot of Stones fans out there. But to come out with bullshit about how they shouldn't be playing in places like Japan is sacrilegious.

Think about countrys like Switzland and Wales. They have had shows in the past, but they are not getting any this time. What about Northern Ireland? I know the Stones haven't played their since 1964, but many top bands are playing their now.

And what about ENGLAND? For fucks sake, the Stones are only playing in two citys! 6 shows in London and only one up North! If you ask me, its a complete piss take

Alex
06-21-03 09:31 AM
Boomy Anyway, I wouldn't even go as far as to say that we have that many "true fans" here in the United States.

At any Stones concert, you do have big fans, but most of the people their are the ones that can afford going to a Stones concert to say that they went to see the Stones (usually just to see the big hits).

You got to admit, I didn't see the Stones in the heyday, but a Stones show today ain't what it should be. Too many bastards sitting down during half of the show because they don't know the material. It's the damn truth and I saw it with my own two eyes.

Blame it on the Stones, though. They could get a lot more people in and lower ticket prices by taking out the floor chairs.

PS...Why do they have chairs on the floor? Is it because of the obesity issue? Are people getting tired after standing for a measly one to three hours?
06-21-03 09:31 AM
steel driving hammer Don't worry we have our own problems over here like the latest trend for dumbasses which is sickening.

The latest trend among teens and 20-somethings who indulge in so-called extreme body modification, forking one's tongue like a serpent's "is an art form," said T.J. McGillis, who offers the service for a $250 charge.

"Everybody wants to get it done. It could be the next mainstream thing aside from piercing," he said.
06-21-03 09:36 AM
Honky Tonk Man OH THATS DISGUSTING!

I have seen some sick things in my time, but that is awful!

Want to see some some sick pictures? Go to www.goregallery.com

Alex
06-21-03 09:39 AM
Boomy
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Want to see some some sick pictures?

God no!

06-21-03 09:48 AM
stonedinaustralia well that's some crazy shit - no doubt about it!!

not for me tho - i'll stick to my rock and roll records, thank you very much

still, it might look good on the right kind of girl...

06-21-03 09:58 AM
nankerphelge I imagine you regret it pretty quick the first time you get some hot coffee in the crack of your tongue!
(It was weird just typing it)

06-21-03 10:22 AM
Fiji Joe I refuse to believe that:

that they persecute a cartoon camel while a cholesterol pimping red-headed clown walks free

that justice is blind...I've seen it watching TV

that somewhere in middle Nebraska there is not an alien pod which in the glove box you'll will find Michael Jackson's other glove

that Clay Aiken and Pinnochio are not one and the same

that "rats live on no evil star" reads the same frontwards and backwards

that there is any such thing as "elfin-magic"

your daddy can whoop my daddy

Sosa grabbed a cork bat by mistake

that the railroad was really built by chinamen

that with all the technology in the world today, no one can give me a staight answer as to where butterflys go when it rains

and...

that if I keep doing "it" I'm gonna go blind
06-21-03 11:08 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I refuse to believe that:

that if I keep doing "it" I'm gonna go blind

No, that would absolutely not be justice.

06-21-03 11:18 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I refuse to believe that:
that the railroad was really built by chinamen

Damm Straight!!

It was built by steel driving hammers!

This country is what it is today because of free labor.
06-21-03 11:37 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

This country is what it is today because of free labor.

but steelie, nothing is free - all that labour has cost somebody somewhere

are you being controversial again or am i just STONED!!?? - tell me, i just have to know
06-21-03 02:07 PM
Nasty Habits Ah, that post is one of the great things about the Steel Driving Hammer.

Does he mean that?

Is he being ironic?

Does he mean it but is pretending to be ironic?

And most importantly - where did he "steel" it from?

It certainly ain't no stones lyric!

06-21-03 03:27 PM
Miss U. Thanks, Martha, I agree...Jerry is very cool and has a great attitude & zest for life.
Hope you'll be comin to Toronto, Martha. Think you will?

Steelie>>>please don't post shit like that here! I couldn't scroll past that picture fast enough.

06-21-03 04:02 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Joey wrote:
[...]they easily could have sated their True fans here in the good ol' U.S.A.
[...]

Yeah, the fans, the real ones.....the TRUE fans, only from United States of America...... in the REST of the world they have only fake fans....... they don�t have real fans, but people who buy a album or two, maybe people who bought only Forty Licks........ COME ON, WAKE UP!!
Don�t be so selfish.......instead of thinking that they should come back to the US and perform about 30 shows more, it would be great if you started to think with a logical sense and try to figure out they didn't schedule yet no dates for Argentina, Mexico, Brazil, so far
06-21-03 04:28 PM
mac_daddy the question is - where would they make the most money for the amount of time spent...

would they make more on another swing through the US, or by going elsewhere?

If they billed it as a farewell tour, the US would probably be their best bet. They sold out everywhere in the US, and are having trouble filling places in Europe...

I sure hope they come back
06-22-03 03:13 PM
Gazza >They sold out everywhere in the US, and are having trouble filling places in Europe...

depends what way you look at it (ie the Josh theory!) They happen to have almost always played smaller stadiums in the US - many were baseball stadiums as opposed to football stadiums (Comiskey Park's capacity would hardly compare with Soldier Field, likewise Edison Field with LA Coliseum). Most of the stadiums they played in the US seated less than 50,000 people. Some were less than 40,000. It was very easy to get tickets on the day of the show for any of these concerts. I was at Staples and Anaheim and I could easily have gone there without tickets and scored them below face value.

In Europe theyre playing the biggest football stadiums (places that hold maybe 70,000 plus for concerts) and fields. If you look at the attendances for the stadium shows here so far,theyre on average over 60,000. You can say some of these shows didnt sell out completely,but its a redundant remark if youre not taking into account the size of the stadiums (additionally places like Oberhausen and Leipzig are hardly huge places population wise)

Josh made a big deal out of them not selling out Munich. they sold out the arena and club shows and sold 60,000 plus tickets for a stadium show. Munich is a city with a population a fifth of that of Los Angeles and even less that proportion compared to those of Chicago or New York. 75,000 tickets sold is therefore a pretty high figure.

as for "true fans". One thing thats overlooked is that its easy for those of us with English as a first language to appreciate the Stones. I think its a great tribute to the band and the fans they have that they inspire such passion in people who dont speak much English. That requires something special.

I've never seen fanaticism for the Stones music anywhere like that of their fans in Argentina. Considering the tens of millions theyre going to make on this tour,it would be an outrage if they cant find even a week or two in their schedule to go there. Those fans (and elsewhere in Latin America) deserve shows more than Europe or America does. We're both getting about 50 each,after all and we've had ample opportunities to see the band on this tour already. We should consider ourselves lucky, and not be selfish IMO
06-22-03 03:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot Gazza & all our International pals.....

I hope you all realize that Tony(SDH) is a fucking moron, and does not represent the opinion of most of your American friends...certainly not me.

Most anyone with a fully functional brain realizes just how hardcore fans from outside the USA can be. A person's nationality has nothing to do with their love of the band.

Would I like to have the boys come back for a few more US gigs....hell yeah. But I certainly can't begrudge anyone else their shot at seeing the band.

Please don't let the idiotic words of a knucklehead paint a portrait of all of us here in the USA.
06-22-03 04:29 PM
Gazza I thought it was Joey who made the original post..lol

oh I dont take this stuff seriously. dont think otherwise!
06-22-03 04:48 PM
Moonisup well, the stones have less competition here in europe, so it more easy to sell out,

and well, they sell out the biggest soccer stadiums, and fill VERY large fields.

MOst of the time, they could fill the fields more, but most of the time it can't due to safety stuff etc. and well 70000 on a circle of wagons is for a band not that bad I think...
06-22-03 05:04 PM
Joey " Don�t be so selfish.......instead of thinking that they should come back to the US and perform about 30 shows more, it would be great if you started to think with a logical sense and try to figure out they didn't schedule yet no dates for Argentina, Mexico, Brazil, so far .."

By " True Fans " , I am talking about their " True Fans " here in the United States who did not get the opportunity to see the " Best Stones Yet " because only fifty dates were scheduled .

America is a huge country and fifty dates is not going to cut it .....................Why ???????

Because the word is out nationwide ( and worldwide ) that a sober Ronnie has allowed Keith Richards the freedom to finally be Keith again and not have to spend time covering anyone's arse . What Richards is doing out there on that stage these days is absolutely AMAZING and rivals that of one Peter Dennis Blanford Townshend during a WHO show -- You can't take your eyes off of him -- " True Showmanship " and " Pure Entertainment " for all of us ( Your troubles go out the window [if only for a few hours ] and the satiation is overwhelming ) .

Like it or not , everything revolves around the good ol' U.
S. of A. I personally have heard that there are other countries out there -- Beautiful countries with fine , wonderful people , but it still does not explain why us Americans should NOT be granted more shows on this tour at the expense of say , Oh , I don't know , Japan perhaps .

After all , it was the Japanese who attacked us ( USA ) in 1941 so why should they ever be granted the luxury of seeing the Stones in the FIRST place ? As punishment for that dastardly deed sixty-some years ago there should be a one hundred year " no Stones " clause in the Surrender Agreement Addendums -- Agreed ????? And where was everyone else in the world when we were getting our Asses kicked in by the North Vietnamese throughout the 1960's ????? Huh ???? Where were you all ??????????????????????????? See my point ?!?!?!

Thought so !!!!

Think About it .....If the Rolling Stones had played ten more dates in the States instead of all of those concerts they performed in Japan , Singapore , Malaysia or whatever , all of us " True Fans " in America ( the Birthplace of the Blues ) would have been completely and totally sated --- the way it was MEANT to be as written in Stone by our founding fathers ( Life , Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness [ ie , read unlimited allotment of Rolling Stones gigs ] ) .

-- Thank You !

" Pitched in a Trailer in Burbank Ronnie "

Jacky !
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003