ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy 4th of July
Ethan Russell
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I Refuse to Believe ....................................... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
06-22-03 05:11 PM
Moonisup shows with seats, are well a bore, I think,

you can't really swing,
[Edited by Moonisup]
06-22-03 06:25 PM
Honky Tonk Man Yes Joey, the Good 'Ol USA is the home of the blues, but what does that have to do with the Stones playing more shows there?

Thats like me arguing that the boys should play 50 shows in England becase they are English!

Alex
06-22-03 09:57 PM
Muddy Warts -errgh! Joey quoted:
`After all , it was the Japanese who attacked us ( USA ) in 1941 so why should they ever be granted the luxury of seeing the Stones in the FIRST place ? As punishment for that dastardly deed sixty-some years ago there should be a one hundred year " no Stones " clause in the Surrender Agreement Addendums -- Agreed ????? And where was everyone else in the world when we were getting our Asses kicked in by the North Vietnamese throughout the 1960's ????? Huh ???? Where were you all ??????????????????????????? See my point ?!?!?!'

Joey - mate all i see are the rantings of an absolute fuckwit! I only hope that you are trying to wind people up - sadly I suspect this isn't the case.

Your logig is astoundingly pathetic & moronic to say the least, you might be a true dedicated fan, but you're also a knuckle-dragging trogladyte, get back to your cave & pick your crusty turds from your mouth, fuckhead.

Oh by the way, I'm from Perth Western Australia - the remotest capital city in the world, the Stones have been to my town twice - 1973 & 1995, so think yourself lucky you cocksucker. On this tour I travelled to the other side of the country to get my Stones fix. I'm not surprised the Stones have left out a number of cities in the US if there are more rednecks like you wandering about - No offence intended to the majority of Americans in the US.

Oh yeah one more thing, there were Australians in Vietnam too.

I hope you have a really shitty day you fucking loser.

06-23-03 12:01 AM
Sir Stonesalot Joey...

Man, I hope you were fucking joking. That was one of the most amazingly retarded posts that I have ever had the displeasure of reading. I hope Maxy comes back soon, then you can steal his quality posts and stop sounding like a "fuckwit".

And SDH, I apologize for attributing Joey's original post to you. My mistake. I'll not make comment on your "free labor" post though...no need, it speaks volumes for itself.
06-23-03 12:42 AM
stonedinaustralia muddy while i may agree with some of your comments i think:

1. joey was laying it on a bit thick for the sake of making his point and more than likely had his tounge in his cheek

2. you were right to point out that aust. was also involved in the disaster of 'Nam (all the way with LBJ indeed)

3. your reaction is over the top and would only reinforce stereotypes of australians being uncultured provincial types and displays the very attributes about which you make complaint of young joey

just my two bobs worth and no offence is meant - you understand i'm sure

06-23-03 03:02 AM
MarthaMyDear Miss U., I agree wholeheartedly with you on Jerry... And, I WISH I could come up there to
Canada but I am going to be in MAJOR debt after the England shows and trip there, etc.,
and all of my money is going to that, so I can't go, unfortunately!!!
But, have an EXCELLENT time like I know you will, alrighty-o?!?!?!
Maybe next time I can go up there for a visit, or something
(?!?!?!)!!! Do you like Aerosmith??? CRACKING-UP!!! I, actually, can't afford them on
this tour but they ALWAYS play so I'm not worried about not seeing them in the future,
etc., so... And, Gary is right, also... I feel INCREDIBLY grateful and lucky that I'm able to go
to England because alot of people can't, so that's how I feel about that... I hardly EVER
travel, also, and I want to change that but you are a REALLY lucky person if you can travel
a good amount, IMHO... I would like to make that a goal of mine 'cause I have ALOT of
catching-up with that I have to do for missing-out on traveling alot in my life...
lol.........................................................
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Anyways, take care, Miss U., enjoy the show, and I'll talk to you soon, alrighty-o?!?!?!
Anyways, take care and ALOT MORE SOON!!!
Anyways, MORE SOON!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
06-23-03 08:34 AM
Muddy Warts -errgh! No dramas 'Stoned in Aust', as I said in my message - I hope Joey was just winding us up - if he was he got me good, hehehe.

I hope I didn't offend all the other decent American fans on this site - that wasn't my intention.

Being a fellow Aussie 'Stoned' - you know what it's like having to wait so long to see your idols in the flesh.

I flew from Perth to Sydney for the Enmore & 1st Superdome gigs - was blown away, was even better than when I saw them in 95.

I have a sad feeling it will be the last time they'll come down under - hope I'm wrong tho'....

06-23-03 08:48 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
And SDH, I apologize for attributing Joey's original post to you. My mistake. I'll not make comment on your "free labor" post though...no need, it speaks volumes for itself.

Slavery is not free labor?
06-23-03 09:56 AM
jb Keep it real.....now that's cool!!!!!!!!!!!!
06-23-03 11:26 AM
Sir Stonesalot Of course slavery isn't free. It is the antithesis of free. Slavery ended up costing the USA millions of dollars(that was a lot in those days), and hundreds of thousands of lives.

That doesn't sound very free to me.
06-23-03 01:29 PM
Joey Sir Moonie wrote over at the other Board ;

" I wish the Stones would get the Hell out of Germany "

Amen to THAT :

I mean , how can you citizens in Great Britain be happy about all of those Stones Shows they are getting over there in Germany after what that nation did to you in 1939- 1945 ( Dunkirk , Bombing of London every damn day for two/three/four friggin years ) . Think of all of the additional performances you could be getting in September if the boys went no where near das Rhineland .......

Here is a complete listing of all of the nations on this orb who should not be allowed the privilege of witnessing the " BEST STONES YET " due to past bad behavior :

Japan
Germany ( started not one but TWO World Wars and lost both I may add -- Jesus )
Iraq
North Korea
North Vietnam ( A two hundred year ban for beating the shit out of America )
Afghanistan
Iran
Cambodia
Laos

Did I leave anyone out ????? Please feel free to add to the list so perhaps Michael Cohl will take notice when scheduling the next world tour .

-- Thank You , The Joey :

Born on the floor of a noodle shop
Dropped in the bogs of New Jersey
Shot by a guy from Columbia
Soaked through all in Digital Video
Pitched in a Trailer in Burbank
Girl with the Sweet BackStory
Cast by a cool-enough Yes-Man
Screened at a Festival in Utah

JACKY !!!!!!!

06-23-03 08:05 PM
Fiji Joe This new sassy Joey is growing on me...right under my left mammary

Is Max MIA?
06-23-03 09:12 PM
Joey " This new sassy Joey is growing on me...right under my left mammary

Is Max MIA? "

Damn Straight My Brother .........................

The English don't realize it yet , but this truly is the " Best Stones Yet " and when they find out , man ..................are they going to be spitting out razor blades -- right at the Germans .

Two Weeks Straight in Germany ...............

Two Weeks Straight in Japan .................

WHAT A WASTE !!!!!!!!

All the while they could have been gigging in Chuck Berry's backyard -- In fact , my sources tell me that Chuck and Johnnie Johnson are pacing the floors right now , whilst pounding their fist at what has all been going on ......and believe me , you don't want to piss off Chuck ( He is one of the few who could kick Keith's Ass ) .

Here is a list of the musicians who could kick Keith's butt in a fight :

Chuck Berry
Roger Daltrey
Lou Reed

...............that is about it . If I have missed anyone , PLEASE let me know .

" These tabs look Iffy Ronnie "

JACKY !
06-23-03 09:19 PM
parmeda Maybe Lou...but, Roger?

Whacha thinkin' Joey? LOL!
06-24-03 02:34 AM
corgi37 Joey, you might have to add old Uncle Sam to your list of banned countries. I mean, WW1 started in 1914- Aussies, Canadians, Kiwis and U.K. were there - Where the fuck was all the Yankee Doodle Dandies? You guys came arrived in 1917. You lot were also fashionably late in WW2. Aussies, Canadians, Kiwis, shit, even the Poles were fighting the hun in 1939? What were you lot doing? Jitterbugging? Watching lame ass comedians like Abbot and Costello?Lynching blacks? Cities like Pittsburg actually supported the Germans in the early days, buddy boy. As for Nam, even you guys dont know what the fuck you were doing there. Countries like Australia, who have blindly supported you through everything, still get their beef and lamb exports banned (due to the fact its 100% better than any stringy crap you make), but good old buddies like China get a special trade deals and "favoured nation status". But, that is only the tip of the iceberg. Who gave Saddam his shit in the 1st place? Who allowed a fucking nazi like Schwarzenneger to be a star? Who started Scientology? Who cant stop trying, and sometimes succeeding, killing their own Presidents? Who calls wrestling a sport? Who makes all those bloody info-mercials? Who made not 1, but 4 fucking Jaws movies? Who gave us Ron Jeremy? Who votes for not the best, but the richest fella? Who plays the dumbest brand of football known to man? Who shot JR? You Joey, you and your mob of Coke drinking, Big Mac munching, Jerky chewing, Oprah watching, gun loving, big mouthed, badly dressed hill-billies. Hell, you guys even started rock and roll, and gave it away to shockers like Pat Boone, Dion and Frankie Avalon because it was "nigga music". The U.S. had to be TAUGHT how to rock again. Taught by a band whose lead singer is (technically) 1/2 Aussie! The way i see it, YOU OWE US. 1 free trip to Disneyland should suffice, with a stop over in Hawaii on the way back, as its such a long flight. Oh, and as for U.S. beer, fuck, dont get me started on that. Apart from that, love ya's.
P.S. Ron Jeremy is ok.
P.P.S Hope I didnt offend any of my U.S. mates. my tongue has left a huge imprint in my cheek.
06-24-03 03:51 AM
fmk438j Oh man, that might just be my favourite post ever.

I hope evreryone reads the whole thing.

06-24-03 04:35 AM
stonedinaustralia yes corgi - ha ha - that was pretty funny - you've really excelled yourself with that one

although, it pays white australians to be a little bit circumspect when it comes to accusing others of "Hanging blacks" - after all, our own record isn't all that flash when it comes to that sort of thing

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
06-24-03 07:44 AM
Honky Tonk Man All this coming from a guy whos nation gave us Neighbours, Home And Away, Prisonor Cell Block H, Skippy The Kangeroo and Paul Hogan

Well done Guys!

I wait for your attack on the English!

Alex
06-24-03 08:13 AM
stonedinaustralia alex my friend, it's already happening

the uk watches (and gets obsessive about) "neighbours" and "home and away" way more than australians do

and hogan used to be a good grass roots australian comic until he moved to hollywood babylon (not your fault i know)

and that's Kangaroo (btw)

although i notice you did finally beat us at rugby the other night

CHEERS!

STONES!!
06-24-03 08:15 AM
fmk438j I have an original Home and Away script circa 1996.

Get this Alex. Me, year 9 highschool. My English teacher has a daughter who does a bit of acting. She gets a part in Home and Away, so we get the script for one of the episodes and have to act out the episode for one of our assignments!

Although I had never watched the show (and still don't, or neighbours either) it was kind of cool because this was all well before that episode actually went to air. So we got to interpret the scenes and learn the lines and then weeks later watch what they did with them on the actual show.

I see Sally is getting married soon.

06-24-03 08:21 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
fmk438j wrote:

I see Sally is getting married soon.

i thought you said you didn't watch it!
06-24-03 08:22 AM
fmk438j She was in a wedding dress on the cover of the TV guide we get.

Phew! Safe.

06-24-03 08:26 AM
stonedinaustralia but still fmk - you noticed and you seem to know what you are talking about

i wonder what the rest of the world will make of eric bana as the hulk??

CHOPPER!!
06-24-03 08:31 AM
fmk438j Well I did have to study the show at school, so I did learn then.

Also, I remember a few years ago there was supposed to be some video (which I never saw) secretly filmed by a some guy who got laid by her. Or so the story goes. I pricked my ears up.

Yes Eric. It will be funny if he really makes it big and they pull out one the 'Pweta' clips on some late night show in the US.
06-24-03 08:46 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
Well I did have to study the show at school, so I did learn then.

> well, fair enough but you've clearly got your eye open (if you know what i mean)

Also, I remember a few years ago there was supposed to be some video (which I never saw) secretly filmed by a some guy who got laid by her. Or so the story goes. I pricked my ears up.

> OK

Yes Eric. It will be funny if he really makes it big and they pull out one the 'Pweta' clips on some late night show in the US.

> yes, apparently peter o'toole plays the character of his father - no-way around it - that is cool

06-24-03 08:54 AM
corgi37 There is a "Kate Ritchie" video available for download from all your fave sites like kazaa. It is such poor quality, its hard to tell if its her. She's a little tubby, but by sweet merciful Jesus, her tits are fantastic. Actually, i have started watching E-Street on tv during my lunch break at work. How cute was ALyssa-Jane Cook. And, as for Toni Pearon, i'd like to make a funny home video with her any day. And, as for the English, well, I could never tease a country that has warm beer, black pudding (which i love) or those wacky Royals. I dont need to! I think the real point is, all our countries can be pretty lame when you think of it. Old man Corgi came out to Oz from the U.S. around 1853. Prior to that, Older man Corgi came from Ireland, prior to that, oldest men Corgi's came from Scotland. Man, thats a lot of shit I could hang on myself, but i wont, as I dont want to think negative thoughts, not with Toni Pearon on my mind. Just thank Satan himself we aint from New Zealand.
06-24-03 08:55 AM
Boomy In the words of the great Vince Lombardi:

"What in da hell is goin' on here!?!?!"
06-24-03 09:34 AM
Honky Tonk Man Firstly, NO ONE in England drinks warm beer. Up untill about the 1970s, larger was a girls drink over here, so back then most drank bitter and stout. But now, everyone over here drinks Stella. I actually drink Fosters. The thing is, when you drink it on tap, it is quite warm anyway

Is Home And Away popular in Austraila? It was taken off air over here a few years ago. It has now been releagted to Channel 5!

The only people who watch Neighbours are school children, houewives and me!

Any of you Aussies decednd from British covicts?

Alex

[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
06-24-03 10:02 AM
Joey " 1 free trip to Disneyland should suffice, with a stop over in Hawaii on the way back, as its such a long flight. Oh, and as for U.S. beer, fuck, dont get me started on that. Apart from that, love ya's. "

I can give you an order of French Fries and my first Born .

But that is IT !

And you are right , we had no IDEA what the Hell we were doing over in the ' Nam --- so glad you could join us for THAT abysmal disaster .

JACKY !
06-24-03 10:26 PM
corgi37 Your 1st born! Ohhh, no, i already got 2 sets of twins! Poor Corgi would be even more insane with another. You know Joey, Nam was funny. I know it affected a lot of people in very bad ways, but I have worked with 2 guys who loved it and had a ball. How weird is that? 1 was a regular trooper, the other in a tank division. In answer to the previous post, Home and Away is still going well over here. But in a shocking development, i read not long ago that those damn British have a stake now in paying the production cost of both Neighbours and Home and Away, so the Poms pick the cast! They want "young, healthy, good looking Aussies", which is a bit of a contradiction in terms. Thats why Holly Valance, Delta Goodrem and now Bec Cartwright have record deals. It was quite a trendy thing a few years ago to say you were descended from convict stock, but its died out now. Only 3 states were settled by crooks, the rest by legit immigrants. But, imagine being shipped here for stealing a bit of bread. I mean, shit, I'd steal a whole bakers dozen to avoid an English winter. Finally, i just re-read Joey's original post, and i gotta say, the Stones certainly did seem to miss alot of their usual traditional U.S. markets. I wonder what the reason is?
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003