ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hollywood Bowl confirmed Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
June 20th, 2005 08:42 PM
Gazza 6th November

presales from tomorrow (Tuesday) and public sale from next Monday.

Milwaukee show on 8th September is also on presale from tomorrow and public sale on Saturday
June 20th, 2005 09:23 PM
glencar See ya there!
June 21st, 2005 01:37 AM
souldoggie I won't miss this one. The Rolling Stones live at the Hollywood Bowl...I'm there.
June 21st, 2005 02:49 AM
Dan Absolute worst large venue in southern California. I would rather see them at Staples again.
June 21st, 2005 07:30 AM
jb My sources indicate very little excitement over this show/venue...another slow selling venue imo..............
June 21st, 2005 10:09 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:
Absolute worst large venue in southern California. I would rather see them at Staples again.

what is the capacity of this venue?
June 21st, 2005 10:12 AM
Joey

< ----------My sources indicate very little excitement over this show/venue...another slow selling venue imo..............
June 21st, 2005 10:18 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

what is the capacity of this venue?

what is the seating cap of msg..? less than 30, right..?

June 21st, 2005 10:28 AM
voodoopug
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

what is the seating cap of msg..? less than 30, right..?

MSG comes in at about 19K
June 21st, 2005 10:30 AM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

MSG comes in at about 19K

QWEST CENTER comes in at about 20K

June 21st, 2005 01:08 PM
mac_daddy lots of different prices...

2 in the "super seats" section will run ya $178 + $17 in fees, each...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
June 21st, 2005 01:32 PM
GimmeExile Sections D and E are $178, and the view doesn't look too bad from there.
June 21st, 2005 01:43 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Sections D and E are $178, and the view doesn't look too bad from there.

nope. those are better than what i got at the same price...

those are the second level of boxes...

are you browsing as a fanclub member or amexgold..?
[Edited by mac_daddy]
June 21st, 2005 02:07 PM
Beast of Burden For the love of god I live on the hill 1 1/2 miles from the Bowl. Please clue me in on the 10 digit Amex Pass or whatever so I can get this on!

I will'nt sleep til Monday.
June 21st, 2005 02:10 PM
Joey
quote:
Beast of Burden wrote:
For the love of god I live on the hill 1 1/2 miles from the Bowl. Please clue me in on the 10 digit Amex Pass or whatever so I can get this on!

Please clue me in on the condition of the bathrooms .
June 21st, 2005 02:13 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Beast of Burden wrote:
For the love of god I live on the hill 1 1/2 miles from the Bowl. Please clue me in on the 10 digit Amex Pass or whatever so I can get this on!

the code wont do you any good, because you have to use the amex gold/platinum card (that has the phone number/code on the back) to purchase your tickets. otherwise, your transaction will fail...

so you can either buy a membership, and get tix tomorrow (or a refund later), or wait for the public on sale monday at 10am...

_____

quote:
Joey wrote:

Please clue me in on the condition of the bathrooms .

nicest of any venue i have ever been to...

(edited for joey)
[Edited by mac_daddy]
June 21st, 2005 02:22 PM
Dan I actually had to dig up my review of The Who at the Hollywood Bowl 7/1/02 to comment on the bathroom:

Also there is something I find extremely distasteful about people sitting down eating dinner while a band is playing,
even if they are as boring as Counting Crows.

After they were done, I went to hit the restroom, I could only find the line but not the actual doorway. So I grabbed a cup and went back inside. Wonder what the same people who I found distasteful thought about me doing
that 3 feet from their sandwich?

June 21st, 2005 03:14 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:
I actually had to dig up my review of The Who at the Hollywood Bowl 7/1/02 to comment on the bathroom:

That was the opening gig of THE WHO 2002 Tour

http://www.thewholive.de/details/index.php?id=637&Tracklisting=&GroupID=1&Tag=&Monat=&Jahr=&Stadt=&Halle=&LandID=0

June 21st, 2005 03:21 PM
voodoopug joey, are the bathrooms at your place "power flushers"?
June 21st, 2005 03:24 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
joey, are the bathrooms at your place "power flushers"?

Oh , Hell Yes !!! ....................................

...and Pugster ...........I STILL manage to plug up the toilets and make them overflow violently .

[ Edited by Steelie ]
[Edited by Joey]
June 21st, 2005 03:25 PM
mac_daddy what a great gig! sunday night... anaheim is the friday before...

this would also mean that the long-rumored palladium gig would likely be either tuesday the 8th or wednesday the 9th (i still hope they play at the el rey, but i would get off seeing them in either venue)...

they are playing in san diego on friday the 11th. i would like to go to that one, too...

(edited with a calander)
[Edited by mac_daddy]
June 21st, 2005 03:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
what a great gig! sunday night... anaheim is the following tuesday...

this would also mean that the long-rumored palladium gig would likely be either thursday the 8th or friday the 9th (i still hope they play at the el rey, but i would get off seeing them in either venue)...

they are playing in san diego on sunday the 11th. if that was a saturday show, i would've liked to be there, too...

it will be quite interesting to see how many of these club shows come to happen, i think we got 5 last tour in the States, so far the rumors are Vic in chicago, Palladium, Beacon, Borgota, ???? will these happen and will more be added?
June 21st, 2005 03:41 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:

That was the opening gig of THE WHO 2002 Tour

http://www.thewholive.de/details/index.php?id=637&Tracklisting=&GroupID=1&Tag=&Monat=&Jahr=&Stadt=&Halle=&LandID=0

Of course I knew that silly? Who do you think is responsible for the bootleg?
June 21st, 2005 03:49 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:

Of course I knew that silly? Who do you think is responsible for the bootleg?

Ah , so YOUR the one responsible ?!?!?!

Great Bootleg I may add ( The Hollywood Bowl has since been remodeled )

J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe J Jo Joe

Joey

June 21st, 2005 03:51 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
( The Hollywood Bowl has since been remodeled )

yep - and it should be in full effect for the stones in a few months...
June 21st, 2005 03:57 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:

Ah , so YOUR the one responsible ?!?!?!

Great Bootleg I may add ( The Hollywood Bowl has since been remodeled )

It may or may not be mine you are thinking of but the other 2 tapers I know of there had theres talked all over. I was in a fairly sedate section luckily. I doubt the Stones show will even be worth the hassle but I am glad someone here is gonna give it a shot.
June 21st, 2005 04:05 PM
Joey " It may or may not be mine you are thinking of but the other 2 tapers I know of there had theres talked all over. "

Yep , THAT's mine .
June 21st, 2005 04:27 PM
gimmekeef If you have an Amex Gold or Platinum card the code is
June 21st, 2005 04:31 PM
gimmekeef Never mind..just tried for 2 Amex presale...All gone!
June 21st, 2005 04:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Never mind..just tried for 2 Amex presale...All gone!

this venue has sold better than some attorneys had predicted
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)