ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pre Rolling Stones - May 1962
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I now know what I am gonna do Saturday night Return to archive Page: 1 2
06-20-03 03:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot I am going to go over to PSU, park in the parking lot of the Bryce Jordan Center, get ripped, and throw dog shit at the people going to the Journey/Styx/REO Speedwagon concert.

All they had to do was add Peter Frampton and it would have been the worst concert tour EVER in the history of concert tours. Here's the REALLY funny part...tickets are $57.00!!!!

Can you believe that? Oddly enough, I saw that they still have "plenty of good seats left". Duh.

It's like paying to have red hot iron pokers shoved in your ears! Here's 60 bucks, bludgeon me to death with power ballads baby! WoooooooWEEEEEEEEE!
06-20-03 03:31 PM
Boomy Have fun, dude!
06-20-03 03:34 PM
steel driving hammer Remember those Stink Bombs that come a little bottle w/ yellow liquid?

Invest in just $20 worth (hell, I'll even send you a check) and stink the place up!

Get as close to the band as possible and crunch them w/ your feet. No one will hear cause of the music!

I'm even smiling now just thinking about it!

06-20-03 04:19 PM
Riffhard As much as I would love to say that here on the Jersey Shore(we unleashed Bon Jovi on an unsuspecting world)we have better taste in music,alas,that is not the case. I mean after all we did unleash Bon Jovi on an unsuspecting world. However,that same bill was supposed to play at the PNC Bank Arts Center but was cancelled after selling less than three thousand tickets for this eighteen thousand seat ampitheater.

The fucked up thing about New Jersey,or should I say one of the fucked up things about New Jersey,is that if Poison or Def Leppard were on the bill it would sell out or come mighty damned close! For some reason the whole '80's Hair Band shit is still considered somewhat cool by some North/Central Jersey tools! Go figure!

At least,as an Atlantan living in Jersey,I can take solace in the fact that the Jersey Shore also unleashed Bruce Springsteen on a thankful world!
06-20-03 04:27 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I am going to go over to PSU, park in the parking lot of the Bryce Jordan Center, get ripped, and throw dog shit at the people going to the Journey/Styx/REO Speedwagon concert.

Why DOG shit? I think this calls for people poop! And don't you think those folks will have suffered enough by the end of the night?

This reminds me of that time on the '81 tour when Keith punched Steve Perry.

Good ol' Keef.
06-20-03 04:31 PM
Moonisup saturday?????
hmmmm, I have to work LOL

have fun SS!

rik,

tatatatatataaaaaaaaaaa
[Edited by Moonisup]
06-20-03 11:05 PM
Lazy Bones Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto...
06-20-03 11:19 PM
parmeda SS, you're gonna love this!

Journey & Styx are touring together...everyone knows that. But, did you know that when they come to Chicago next month, they are actually splitting...Journey is playing Friday, then Styx on Saturday. (I know, you don't give a rat's ass...) But the thing of it is, Chicago is a "Styx town", being the boys are from here, etc.. Journey refused to play second fiddle and allow Styx to headline while they were here. (I know, I know...) So, the radio station that is sponsoring the "fest" decided to turn it into a two-day thing! ...and guess what? Tickets are STILL available, lmao! for BOTH nights. They have even decided to sell a two-day pass for $67 (Wow! What a savings...)

Apparently, it all boils down to the nasty ego thing...

I wish I could join ya tomorrow evening...I can fling shit with the best of 'em...
06-21-03 12:55 AM
Sir Stonesalot >Why DOG shit?<

Well...mainly because I have a big dog that shits a lot. I have a ready supply in my back yard.

I am also gonna put up big signs that says "Guns don't kill people, Journey kills people." "Listening to Styx will give you SARS." AND...."Osama Bin Laden drums for REO Speedwagon".

I will also get on the live radio broadcasts, and blame the death of rock music in the 80's on the bands that are playing, and the people who bought tickets to see them.

If I can save just one person from the horror that is that concert...then I have done my duty as a good and true rock and roller.
06-21-03 02:46 AM
MarthaMyDear HEY!!! I knew what I was going to do TONIGHT (Friday) and that was to see JANES ADDICTION FOR *** FREE *** at the taping for the Jimmy Kimbal show 'cause I found-out about it ahead of time but I was so, fucking tired, I forgot about it!!! DOH!!! Now I'm depressed but I think I'll get over it... Oh, well... The show's almost on, so that's cool!!! I can watch it on TV and that's ok.... ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
06-21-03 05:24 AM
fmk438j

Everyone likes what they like. Good for them.
06-21-03 08:51 AM
Honky Tonk Man Isn't Styx supposed to be one of Homer Simpsons favourite bands? Along with Bread and Grand Funk Railroad.

I must admit, i wouldn't have a clue as to what any of these bands sound like!

Alex
06-21-03 09:08 AM
parmeda Don't lose any sleep over them Alex...you aren't missing much, lol
06-21-03 09:13 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Isn't Styx supposed to be one of Homer Simpsons favourite bands? Along with Bread and Grand Funk Railroad.

I must admit, i wouldn't have a clue as to what any of these bands sound like!

alex, you are fortunate - you should keep it that way - don't listen...

06-21-03 09:13 AM
Honky Tonk Man HA HA, I don't intend too! My dad has a Bread LP somwhere in the house. I don't think its evey been played and it certainly isnt going to get a spin on my turntable!

Alex
06-21-03 09:18 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
HA HA, I don't intend too! My dad has a Bread LP somwhere in the house. I don't think its evey been played and it certainly isnt going to get a spin on my turntable!

Alex

do you have a t/table?? if so - what do you play on it??
06-21-03 10:38 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

do you have a t/table?? if so - what do you play on it??

They're called records, SIA.
Wax.
Platters.
Sides.
Vinyl.

Donuts.

Pod it up!

Hey SS ---> You got to walk it like you talk it or you'll lose that beat!

06-21-03 11:14 AM
stonedinaustralia i know that nasty - and you know that i know that you know that i know that...

so don't get all technical on my ass

i have a whole bunch of vinyl - and you should'a seen some of the stuff i used to have before they were lost and/or stolen - did i tell you about my cassette dub of "xpirations" - an old hitachi C90 done about 1981 - it stll worked the last time i played it (it'd bust ya brains out!!)

i suppose all i'm saying is that presently i don't have a functional t/table - as robert would have it the "phonograph blues"

guess i'd best get one

06-21-03 11:25 AM
Nasty Habits Always gots to have the turntable.

'Tis the keys to the kingdom -- in my opinion.

I knows you knows, you knows well and you knows lots, you just left yrsef wide open and I knew you could take the joke.

Any chance to bring the Holy Black Spinning Thing into the picture is a shot I'll take.

You're still carrying around old records even though you don't have a player?

Just curious. Dr. Filth has been explaining the nature of this phenom to me, but I just don't get it!

I bought a collection of LPs and 7"'s off of a punk rocker from the LA scene circa late 70s last week - he had some SWEET business, original picture sleeve Brit and French 7"'s, a few rare LA platters, some nice 60s garage rock, killer Charly R&B reissues, but he hadn't had a turntable in 10 years. He'd been carrying around over 1000 LPs and 45s, putting them at a central point in his decor, and held them at a central place in his life for a decade, and he never used them once. Poor babies were getting their covers beat up, gathering dust, and dying of neglect 'til I saved them.

He was heartbroken as I carted them off, though.

I think his wife made him do it.

For him, I think it was a real bad day in a series of real bad days. For the rock and roller in him, anyway.

For me, I got a sweet ass mono Satanic Majesties, a cool FFrr London Out of Our Heads original, a naked lady Electric Ladyland, a Metal Urbane 7" and a freakin' Gears record, so I was in clover.

06-21-03 11:27 AM
Nasty Habits I guess my point is - hold onto the platters that matter, get yourself a turntable, and, as the song says, don't give your punk jacket to Rickie!
06-21-03 11:43 AM
stonedinaustralia nasty - thanks for the tip and you know that i know you're right

06-21-03 11:48 AM
stonedinaustralia my sonic reality is a house full of cd's burnt or otherwise - there muist be hundreds of them

every where i look there is CD's -

the same thing in my car

and i can only see the number increasing as time goes by i have to try and remeber to put labels on them

DYLAN!!
06-21-03 11:51 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
my sonic reality is a house full of cd's burnt or otherwise - there muist be hundreds of them

every where i look there is CD's -

the same thing in my car

and i can only see the number increasing as time goes by i have to try and remeber to put labels on them

DYLAN!!

Yee gods do I hear that -- I archive up my unfamiliar stuff, at least, but if I know everything on there I pretty much leave it alone. I have literally hundreds of little gold buggers with no titles - I have to throw them in to see what they are.

This is no way for a grown man with a business that specializes in archiving music to behave. Especially since come September I am going to be back on the radio, and I am gonna need to know what this stuff is!

Must take a day to do this.

If my monkey will let me!

HEADCOATS!

06-22-03 02:20 PM
throbby SS, I was wondering. Did you convert any to the faith last night?
06-22-03 03:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot No. I didn't go over. Figured it was a lost cause. And worse, someone might have thought that I was actually GOING to the show.

Went and hung out with FPM and some other pals instead. Got a gut full of Nick Cave. That's better than picking fights with Styx fans IMO.
06-23-03 01:04 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Went and hung out with FPM and some other pals instead. Got a gut full of Nick Cave.

Man, that Nick Cave stuff is WAY cool. He really makes heroin seem chic, which SHOULD be bad but somehow isn't in his case. Not only is the music spooky good but the videos are all great, and the commentary from the band is insightful (as regards who was on what drug when, etc). And yer seein' him live tomorrow! I expect a full report.

I think anyone who digs the Ig (att: FG) should check out Nick & The Bad Seeds - a lot of his schtick is Iggy in slo-mo, imo.

Yeah, watching Nick saved me from a night of sittin' around the trailer pissin' & moanin' cuz I couldn't get tix to Styx. Domo obligato mr roboto!
06-23-03 01:24 PM
Sir Stonesalot You know, I get a very Tom Waits-like vibe from Nick. But now that you mention it, he does have a very Iggy-type aura about him.

And what is up with that Blixa dude? That is one wacky cat.

And you think Kylie Minogue is just some hot peice of ass(well, actually, she IS), and then she does something really cool like "Where The Wild Roses Grow". It seems like there is more to her than simple eye candy.

Full report on the gig sometime Wed.

Did I mention that this is one of only 7 shows worldwide that he is doing to promote Nocturama?
06-23-03 01:24 PM
Factory Girl Hello FPM. I had some Cave stuff once upon a time. And while he is talented, I find his "he-ho jive" to be rather bleak and depressing. And honestly, I don't need any help or guidance in that direction.
06-23-03 08:34 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Hello FPM. I had some Cave stuff once upon a time. And while he is talented, I find his "he-ho jive" to be rather bleak and depressing. And honestly, I don't need any help or guidance in that direction.

Bleak and depressing, yes, but funny too, at least to me. (We also watched some Jam videos and I found them more bleak simply for the lack of humor.) I just picked up on some Iggy body English in Nick, only junky slow instead of adrenalized, and also a similar tenor in his voice.

As far as "guidance in that direction", I'm always happy to see someone MORE bleak and depressed than me, and Nick makes me look like Tinky Winky. (well, him and my roly-poly purple belly.)

Nick a he-ho? No way! Junk makes for limp noodles. Just ask Anita!

But you're right. I'm sorry I mentioned Nick. He's a Bad Seed but I am worse. I MUST be punished.
06-23-03 09:22 PM
Joey " But you're right. I'm sorry I mentioned Nick. He's a Bad Seed but I am worse. I MUST be punished. "

Speaking of " Heroin Chic " ..............................Fleabit , have you seen the latest photos of Cameron Diaz ?????????

Her titties have all but disappeared and she claims to just " love women's bodies " -- Oh , Oh !!!!! I don't think she bats from our side of the plate anymore .

Shiver .......................................

Developing ....................................

" Soaked through on the floor of a noodle shop Ronnie "

Bunny !

Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003