ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Fleabit Peanut
Monkey was here babies!
Spectrum Arena, Philadelphia - Today 30 years ago
© 1975 FPM C10
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NSC - Roger Waters Rejoins Pink Floyd Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 12th, 2005 11:58 AM
FM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/default.stm
June 12th, 2005 04:14 PM
Soldatti I can't imagine how much money Pink Floyd's will make if they tour again, all the records of attendance and gross will go to hell.
[Edited by Soldatti]
June 12th, 2005 04:30 PM
gotdablouse Amazing...who would have thunk that !
Hope they record together again, Gilmour still have the voice and the music and Waters the texts.
June 12th, 2005 08:00 PM
FM
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I can't imagine how much money Pink Floyd's will make if they tour again, all the records of attendance and gross will go to hell.
[Edited by Soldatti]

It would be the biggest grossing tour of all time by far.

Blow Voodoo Lounge out the water - hope it happens.

Fraser
June 12th, 2005 08:04 PM
Tom
quote:
FM wrote:

It would be the biggest grossing tour of all time by far.

Blow Voodoo Lounge out the water - hope it happens.

Fraser

Be sure it will be only for Live 8
June 12th, 2005 08:09 PM
FM
quote:
Tom wrote:

Be sure it will be only for Live 8

I know - never mimd though - new Roger Waters album next year and new tour.

That will have to do. Mind you, the 2 Roger Waters concerts I saw at Wembley Arena on the last tour were utterly stunning.

Fraser
June 12th, 2005 10:22 PM
Soldatti They will tour again in the near future.
June 12th, 2005 10:29 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! If all goes well and they happen to resolve some issues, then a future tour isn't out of the question. Obivios they would love the money that a full scale tour would generate, so let's keep our fingers crossed that it will happen!
June 13th, 2005 08:11 AM
gimmekeef The lure of $450 tickets will be too much for these guys to resist.....They'll be back...in a big way...but not sure they have the large U2/Stones legions to set attendance records.
June 13th, 2005 09:12 AM
Joey

< --------- They will tour again in the near future.

June 13th, 2005 12:12 PM
nankerphelge Don't count on it.

I'm surprised Waters even considered this Live 8 thingy.

I bet he cancels.

Too bad, I never saw them in the 70s and I'd like to see them now.
June 13th, 2005 12:18 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
...but not sure they have the large U2/Stones legions to set attendance records.

Oh, I bet they'd be close...
June 13th, 2005 12:38 PM
gimmekeef Lazy....no doubt they'd give it a hell of a run..perhaps even blow numbers away..but my thinking is they have a very hard core base large I'm sure.But to set all time records they would need the masses coming out.They've been gone a while and not sure if they have a wide enough appeal at this stage.Imagine though what they could do now with todays technology as far as a show goes...that would be incredible enough to perhaps give them a real shot...
June 13th, 2005 01:49 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Too bad, I never saw them in the 70s and I'd like to see them now.

I would like to nuzzle you .
June 13th, 2005 02:14 PM
FPM C10 I thought it was hilarious that the Harrisburg paper had a mention of "the original members of Pink Floyd reuniting for the first time since 1981"...I guess that means Syd Barrett will be performing with them! hee hee.

I've always found it funny/sad/pathetic/curious that among many Floyd fans Syd is treated as if he had died when he was young, beautiful and genius/crazy...

...when in fact he's still around, but he looks like this...(in 2001)

I wonder what he thinks about the band he started? Wonder if he makes much money from the enterprise?

By the way, this picture is probably a good indicator of "what would have happened if Brian hadn't died in 1969". Brian could have easily ended up like Syd. He was well on his way.

I'm not much of a Floyd fan at all...haven't been since I gave up the dreaded lysergic...although I do still kinda like their stuff with Syd. Miss Youngblood is a big fan, though, so if they tour we'll be there.

Was it really 1981 that Waters split? That's not right, is it?

What the hell is this Live 8 thing about, anyway? Old rock stars rejuvenating their flagging careers? I know it'll be the first gig Bob Geldof's played in awhile!
June 13th, 2005 02:21 PM
doo doo doo Dude These two egotistical assholes (Gilmour & Waters) would never make it through a world tour together.

It'll be a one-off deal.
June 13th, 2005 02:22 PM
doo doo doo Dude If it happens at all.
June 13th, 2005 03:12 PM
nankerphelge Agreed.

I checked out a friend's copy of a fairly recent Roger Waters release -- a live show.

The liner notes are like Roger's Manifesto to the world -- what a cock!!

I agree with the Doo Doo Doo Dude -- won't happen!
June 13th, 2005 03:18 PM
Nellcote In the day, your humble typist enjoyed Dark Side Of The Moon.
In the present day, it has gone by....
Put them on for a one-off, however, no more, no more...
It will seal the intrigue of their mystique
June 13th, 2005 03:50 PM
Child of the Moon I never thought I'd see the day. Great news, hope the music circulates afterward. And yes, I'd love to see Syd rejoin them, just once, to do a rousing performance of either Interstellar Overdrive or Bike.
June 13th, 2005 04:24 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
I never thought I'd see the day. Great news, hope the music circulates afterward. And yes, I'd love to see Syd rejoin them, just once, to do a rousing performance of either Interstellar Overdrive or Bike.

ROUSING?

Syd's rousing days are long past!
June 13th, 2005 07:34 PM
Soldatti Barrett will not play with Floyd again, he don't know what the hell is Pink Floyd!
[Edited by Soldatti]
June 13th, 2005 09:07 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

ROUSING?

Syd's rousing days are long past!

Looks like he's lucky to even rouse himself out of bed these days.
June 13th, 2005 09:20 PM
Lazy Bones That was Syd three years ago...
June 14th, 2005 09:55 AM
FPM C10 Four, actually. 2001.

A damn shame. Syd was one of the coolest of the cool for a brief shining moment. His version of Pink Floyd was far more interesting and inventive than either Roger Waters' ego-trip or David Gilmore's gravy train. I just hope that the band sends Syd a check every so often - they owe him.

June 14th, 2005 10:38 AM
Maxlugar That's actually much better than how I pictured him to be.

I always thought he was bed ridden or something.

I read a little while back that Nick Mason and Roger Waters bumped into each other in the carribean and they said enough water has passed under the bridge and that they could see working together again. So I'm thinking they'll go through with it and see how it goes.

I'd love to see them.

June 14th, 2005 11:09 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I read a little while back that Nick Mason and Roger Waters bumped into each other in the carribean and they said enough water has passed under the bridge and that they could see working together again. So I'm thinking they'll go through with it and see how it goes.

I'd love to see them.

I would like to nibble your elbows

Flacky Carson

The Flacky - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.
June 14th, 2005 12:36 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

I'd love to see them.

I think the conversation went something like:

Nick: Did you see what Stones tickets are going for? FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY SIMOLEANS!!!!

Roger: Well, then, I guess enough water has passed under the bridge!! Let's get on that gravy train before America runs out of money!!! Tell Gilmore that he has to refer to me as "your holiness" and we're good to go!

The official story is that "the cause" of this Live 8 thingie is so important that their internal squabbles pale to insignificance. I can't quite figure out what the "cause" is - seems like it has something to do with old white rock stars preaching about something something Africa something something. Yadda yadda yadda.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the Pink Floyds, but Miss Youngblood loves her some Floyd so if they tour we will be there. I would love to see their giant inflatable pig but I understand they sold it to Peter Frampton at a yard sale.

June 14th, 2005 12:45 PM
Maxlugar [quote]FPM C10 wrote:

I would love to see their giant inflatable pig but I understand they sold it to Peter Frampton at a yard sale.

Nice Simpsons reference.

That's what me and all the other little Street Urchin's down in the sandlots of Hell Kitchen used to call "Postin'"

Now THAT'S Postin'!

Maxlugar - As seen on the brand new hit reality series "Postin' House Party!" 9:00 PM Tuesday's on the WWW.Maxlugar.com channel.

Skittles Lugar!

June 14th, 2005 01:50 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I think the conversation went something like:

Nick: Did you see what Stones tickets are going for? FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY SIMOLEANS!!!!

Roger: Well, then, I guess enough water has passed under the bridge!! Let's get on that gravy train before America runs out of money!!! Tell Gilmore that he has to refer to me as "your holiness" and we're good to go!

Ladies & Gentlemen ..........................

Did you read what Fleabit just wrote ?!?!

DID YOU READ IT ?!?!

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

Flacky Carson

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)