ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

This is the trivia's third prize - lick the image to read all about it!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Vision Zukunftspark, Oberhausen - June 13 - Setlist, Reviews & Pics Return to archive Page: 1 2
06-14-03 07:43 AM
steel driving hammer AC/DC's last song For Those About To Rock was perfect to lead into the Stones!

06-14-03 07:48 AM
John Wood Pictures, whereare they, have to see pictures of this show!!
06-14-03 09:42 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat We don't have any pix due to security; I saw heardly anyone taking pix.
06-14-03 10:07 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat We (Angiegirl, Frank and me) decided to go to Oberhausen last tuesday, cos Bercy seemed so far away...

We got there at 14:00 with no tix, but were able to get some from a scalper at a fair price (just below face value). FOS tix were not available, so we settled for normal field tix and decided to try the b-stage.
Lots of peeps were waiting outside at the time we arrived. Gates opened at 16:00. Entering was done with German discipline, almost no running at all. Which was for the best, cos of the heat and the surface (sand and rocks).

Security was paranoia: it was not allowed to sit against the barriers or putting your coat on it. But hey, we were front row at the b-stage!

The Cranberries started at 18:15; I like their performance. Dolores even made it to the b-stage.

Just before 19:30: the moment we've all been waiting for: ACDC! I was about to see them for the first time. And what a fucking great first time! They were absolutly awesome en rocked the entire field! Including a big bell and some cannons firing. This is what I call a support act! The singer and Angus both made it to the b-stage. Agnus seemed to have fallen in the gap in the b-stage, but it turned out he did it on purpose, no harm done! I cannot remember most of the songs they played; we put some on the board last night, maybe Angiegirl can remember the other ones.
They played for 90 (!) minutes, including an encore.
We started to get worried; would the Stones be able to top this?

We spotted the setlist (first 15 songs) in the b-stage guitar stand, so the list was on Rocks Off just after 5 songs. That is what I call hot news!

Stones were on at 21:45; first few songs were not that good; they obviously had some problems starting the thing up. First highlight for me was YCAGWYW; never heard that one live before, great version. And followed by another highligt: Rock me baby with Angus and Malcolm. Ow my god, that was so fucking awesome! Keith still has it!!! Great version with 4 guitars; excellent vocals by Mick.
Tumbling dice was really bad; did like it at all. Keith did a killer version of Thru and thru; I just stood their listening with my mouth open. Excellent version, I would like that one more often. Sympathy was nice, with a lot of flames from the stage.

And then, the moment we had been waiting for: they headed for the b-stage. Mick got there first; great feeling to seem them so upclose. I screamed my lungs out! Too bad the sound was awfull; could hardly hear Mick singing and he had some problems with the sound too, judging by the fact he was making funny faces pointing at his transmitter. But I loved every second of it!!!

They headed back to the main stage for 5 more songs, all big hits. The crowed was excausted; well you couldn't blame them. I had a great time; I was so glad that we went.

On the pix: we did not make any, didn't even try due to tight security. Good for us, cos I heared someone was thrown out for making pix. Really a shame.

For those who happen to be near Hockenheim or Leipzig these days: get your ass to the Stones and ACDC!!!

Well, Paris next for me...2 down, 16 to go...
[Edited by Strange_Stray_Cat]
06-14-03 12:07 PM
ThatsWhatISay Hi Stones Fans! Here you get another review from Oberhausen:

This concert was the fourth I have seen and it once again reinforced my opinion that the Stones are the best live act on this planet. They are a natural-born live band! What a performance, they played sooo damn good!

BUT...the biggest mistake the Stones made was inviting AC DC as support band. The whole audience was a unsuitable mixture of hard rockers (AC DC fans) and Stones fans...it just didn��t fit at all! While AC DC was performing, several Stones fans even sat down in the Front of Stage area (me, too) and while the Stones performed hardly any AC DC fan raised his/her hands and clapped. So from this point of view the concert was NO FUN AT ALL. The Security guards had the instruction not to let more than 1800 people enter the Front of Stage area which is a joke for such a huge place. People from approximately the tenth row on had so much space that they could have theoretically done a breakdance without touching anyone. I really don��t know who of the Stones management made this ridiculous Front of Stage concept. Sometimes I felt a bit silly clapping hands and dancing while hardly anyone around me was into the Stones performance. I��m not sure what the mood of the audience was like in the rest of the interior, but during the B-Stage set I had the impression that the crowd was much more making party than the Front of Stage crowd.

I guess the mood problem occured due to these facts:
-the audience was exhausted from the long AC DC performance and also from the Cranberries.
-there was a divided musical taste among the audience. Those hard rockers didn��t really like the huge variety of a Stones setlist, the not so strong guitars of Keith and Ronnie and the much less agressively sounding songs.
-the front of stage area is always very important for the audience��s mood. In this case there came hardly any impulse from the first rows and anyway besides there front of stage area was not filled enough.

Let��s go on with the songs: (By the way, the sound was excellent front of stage, no comparison to the unbalanced sound of the Munich Olympic Stadium where I had seats)

Brown Sugar-----Superb! However the wind instruments didn��t come through very well. That was a problem which continued throughout the whole show, but it wasn��t that bad. In Munich it sounded much better.

You Got Me Rocking-----Also nice, apart from the solo which sounded a bit messed up.

Start Me Up-----Keith started with the first part of the riff, then waited a few seconds in the hope that the audience would go wild, but nothing happened in particular not among the Front of Stage audience.

Don��t Stop-----Very well played, this song is indeed becoming a really great live song. Whenver I listen to this tune it cheers me up! Although the song sounds so simple it��s rightly a firm part of the setlist.
I��m not sure if it was after this song when Mick said:��Oberhausen! Do you wanna finally move your ass?�� (Or something like that, of course he said this in german)

Bitch-----This is also a great live tune, however tonight it didn��t come over so well due to the wind instrument problems that I mentioned above.

Angie-----Absolutely fantastic version of the song! Especially Mick, but also the rest of the band put so much effort in it, in particular because they realized that the audience was so hard to satisfy. I loved this version as much as the one on ��Stripped��.

YCAGWYW-----I couldn��t believe my ears that the crowd was suddenly singing along. It wasn��t a very loud singing, but suddenly I felt that the people began having fun. And tonight this tune was played excellent as well, comparable to the Flashpoint version. Great!

Rock Me Baby-----This song was the crowd burner. When all people realized that Angus and this other guitarist had joined the Stones on stage all hands were raised. This moment was the evidence for me that the poor mood was due to all the sleepy AC DC fans who all of a sudden became invigorated again. Actually I didn��t like the songs very much, but at least it was fun seeing the guys on stage having fun with their guitar jam and also seeing the crowd jumping around. Pure action all around! ��

Tumbling Dice-----Good, but nothing special as always.

Thru and Thru-----One of the highlights for me. Keith was so eager to play it perfect and he did! I loved the calm that Keith radiates. Seeing him as the stabilizing element in front of a crowd which just didn��t want to have a great time.
I loved Charlie��s drums, he kicked it so hard! Very nice job Keith & Charlie!

Before They Make Me Run-----This one was also done very nice. Keith didn��t mumble or ��swallow�� any part of the lyrics. He was very concentrated on playing rather than on doing cool moves.

Sympathy For The Devil-----Yet another hightlight! In terms of effects and in terms of play. You could feel the heat of the flames in your face and at this stage people got a bit more vivid. Mick hit the stage with a funny sparkling jacket and Keith played his soli ��in the flames of the videoscreen��. So damn great!

The B-Stage set was a bit disappointing, because I had the feeling that the sound was too low and believe me that the whole B-Stage feeling is gone when a bunch of indifferent looking people is standing in front of the B-stage or even think it��s more important chatting with each other. I could have strangled all these ignorants!!
Apart from this they actually did a pretty good version of IORR, but LARS and Midnight Rambler used to sound better on previews shows/tours. I can��t really explain what was wrong with the B-stage songs. From where I stood the sound was toooooo clean and sounded a bit like a soundboard recording. A lack of live feeling. And Keith didn��t get it right on Midnight Rambler.

Gimme Shelter-----Amazing as always! I love it when Mick sings ��It��s just a shot away, it��s just a shot away�� and the people sing along, too. Lisa Fisher then did a fantastic solo, the best I��ve heard to date. Better than the one on the No Security live album which was my favorite until that day. The atmosphere during this song is always very special and somehow mystical and calm when the upper spotlights act like searchlights which look for enemy airplanes in the sky. Cooool!!! The duet between Mick and Lisa was outstanding as always.

HTW-----Great! This song is a must for any concert.

SFM----- Also well done by the band.

Satisfaction----Confetti, party, and the infamous riff made the people dancing and singing along. I even saw many AC DC fans clapping hands, probably this song comes closer to the hard tunes of AC DC. But someone please explain me why Keith uses such a kitschy guitar. I haven��t ever seen him using this model on previous tours. Nevertheless Satisfaction got the crowd rocking in comparsion to the latter 1,5 hours.
When the confetti was pumped out a wind blew several loads of confetti in Mick��s face so that he had to stop singing for a second or two. Very funny ��

JJF-----Just great!

What a day! A fuckin�� great concert which made one of my friends also a Stones fan �� It��s just astonishing how much energy the boys put on stage. In Particular Mick rocked the house like a maniac! I haven��t ever seen him in such a powerful state! Although I don��t like to see the Stones doing field concerts, this one was certainly a great show!

A short advise for the Stones management: (Although I know it will never be heard) ;-)

Please don��t use AC DC as support band!!!!!!!! That��s a crowd killer! Two Warm-Up bands -of which one even plays twice the time the other does - are simply too much!! And after listening to AC DC your ears are waste! So damn loud!

06-14-03 12:26 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Well, Paris next for me...2 down, 16 to go...
[Edited by Strange_Stray_Cat]

You lucky fucker!
06-14-03 12:38 PM
Moonisup "Start Me Up-----Keith started with the first part of the riff, then waited a few seconds in the hope that the audience would go wild, but nothing happened in particular not among the Front of Stage audience."

no that's due to the great band ACDC, not that smart to ask them I think the stones rate themselves as harder rockers then ACDC, and never think you are better then an other band!

[Edited by Moonisup]
06-14-03 12:57 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
"Start Me Up-----Keith started with the first part of the riff, then waited a few seconds in the hope that the audience would go wild, but nothing happened in particular not among the Front of Stage audience."

Cute. Whenever I open a folder on my computer I have those first 3 licks of SMU as the sound I and I Go Wild! But funny Keith still does that. Maybe some nights people go wild then, other nights they just wanna hear the music, like in Chicago where nobody goes wild.
06-14-03 01:46 PM
Angiegirl O well, what can I say now i finally got home, after all these reviews?? It's true that the mixture of real ACDC fans and Stones fans doesn't work well for the Stones. After the solid and fantastic ACDC show, the Stones sound mellow and poppy sometimes I must admit. No fire because of the lack of good guitar-drum interaction from mainly Keef, but also Darryl and Ronnie. Mick has a hard time following the rhythm, as there sometimes is no rhythm (see my notes on Gimme Shelter...).
But then again there are some jewels also right, as there always are just when you start frowning about the Stones' work, they play great tunes in a very good way, and you are confused again.

The sound was indeed very bad (from the B-stage where we were), sound shifted from left to right because of the wind (and there wasn't even such a strong wind), guitar volume turned up and down constantly, Chuck dominating sometimes and at other times couldn't be heard at all. The horns, espec. Bobby, were very good again. Bobby's solos are hot, they were too in Munich. When you see the guy up close you think he's a walking dead man, but when you hear him play he's magnificent!

I liked the stage, mainly the video screens. And of course that fantastic animation during HTW!!! I looked around to see people's reaction to it, but saw just faint smiles here and there, people were in coma already as it was at the end of the show. But it's the best video/animation I have ever seen at a Stones show! Well done.

Ok, just some notes then.

BS - good opener, we saw Keef already putting his guitar on and chatting and even saying hello into the mike before the song started. The thrill wasn't there for the audience.

YGMR - indeed a messed up solo but the overall performance was not good too. I've heard this song live sooo many times, so I know how it can and should be done.

Start me up - Not too much reaction, also very bad guitar sounds, Keef hardly played his riffs. People like it anyway.

Don't Stop - as always they start getting into the show with the 4th song. It was played ok, Mick tried hard.

Bitch - solid, very strong horns part! Mick tried to be very dirty: "It must be love, it's a BITCH!".

Angie - by then I was busy texting the setlist to Gazza (I felt it was a good time to do that, lol!). The audience was very much pleased with this song, whistling and yelling and singing along. Mick sang beautifully, all credits to him.

YCAGWYW - awesome, good audience reaction. People were visibly surprised by this song, which was amusing to see really. Mick walked up the catwalk, forgot to sing and started his last part too late, Chuck was gesturing at him to come back and sing, lol.

Rock me baby - Aaaahhh!!! My first highlight of this Stones show. We already expected Angus and Malcolm there when we saw this unusual song (espec. for stadiums/fields) on the setlist. The audience just noticed the guests when they saw them on the video screens! After almost a minute... Very funny, I felt like a stock broker with inside knowledge, lol. Keef finally got his challenge and also his love for the blues and playing with other people, and it showed. If you'd just seen his face, you would know too. His eyes closed, his heavenly smile and bended knees, he played, no, he caressed the strings. O how this man can play the blues! It's reassuring to know he can still do it when he wants.
Ronnie was doing that duck-walk thing with Angus, which was very funny, all across the stage. Ronnie couldn't do it, which made me laugh out loud. Then the 4 of them next to each other for the finish, with Mick groaning 'Baby, rock me baby, all night long' in a very low voice, beatiful. I would love to have more blues songs by the Stones, they are still very good at it.

TD - Yes. Well...this was BY FAR the most amateuristic and saddest performance ever seen by the Stones. O my God what a mess. They were all clueless, the were all unable to time their parts because there were no basics, the tempo shifted dramatically and Mick was looking at Chuck helplessly. Chuck tried, he stood up to draw the attention, but Keef wasn't looking. Charlie forgot his steady beat. WTF were they doing??? It didn't even SOUND like Tumbling Dice! They started way too fast. Mick could hardly keep up with the lyrics. Then Chuck tried to slow the group down but by then everyone was out of it. O my God.

Band intros, nothing spectacular.

Thru and thru - My second and last highlight of the show. Wonderful! Very well done, all players. Charlie totally nailed it, when the bangs came. Keef sang in a low voice, really clear: "But baby", and shivers came down my spine. The song ended fantastically, everyone doing their part.

Before they make me run - steady and standard.

B-STAGE!!! The sound goes through the main stage and then back at your ears, so it's a mess to hear when you are at the B-stage, but who cares as the guys are just 2 meters away right? I got eye-contact once with Ronnie. I felt sorry for them as loads of people were just faintly reacting, so I thought about throwing my bra onstage (Ronnie sure would have been happy like a child!). No one threw anything, so I didn't dare to really. I didn't do it, lol.

Gimme Shelter: ok, but the end was messy. Keef and Ronnie both were playing strange solos, and no-one played that famous GS rhythm. Yes, there was one: Chuck! And very very loud as well! Enormously annoying, I can tell ya that! It should be a guitar-driven song live I feel anyway. But Lisa and Mick were on fire and the overall performance was ok.

HTW - solid, bit rushed, but nice. Great animation. people didn't respond much.

SFM - Good Keef opening riff, very strong. Ronnie joined right on time, Charlie got it. Good song.

Satisfaction - people woke up a bit and sung along. Mick immediately jumped that chance and started daring them, running from left to right, clapping like crazy, shaking his hips, waving his arms. Boy, did that man work hard last night, but all for nothing due to ACDC. It was a very good version also btw.

JJF - they went away for less then 20 seconds I think, lol. They wanted to get it over with as they saw the crowd wanted to get it over with. I felt for them. It was a bit messy and rushed, but I couldn't blame them really. The shot -with the red confetti on Charlie's drum skins and Charlie just carelessly drumming away without being bothered by it- on the screen, was very nice.

Well, what a night. I am soooo happy I finally got to see ACDC. There's a setlist of a recent ACDC show on Shidoobee, in the setlist thread of Oberhausen, and most songs of that list were played if you want to know. Maybe posted the exact setlist already somewhere. Highlights were The Jack with the canons, and the encore For those about to rock (we will meet again), Dirty deeds and so much more. How they play with the crowd is amazing.

Well, that's it. Also for me 3 more weeks to Bercy arena, Paris! Thanx for reading. Cheerz.

Angiegirl

[Edited by Angiegirl]
06-14-03 02:00 PM
ThatsWhatISay The difference between AC DC and the Stones is that you can easily listen to the Stones for more than 2 hours, but after 2 hours of AC DC you just wanna escape. It's a torture for your ears, because it's too loud and there is not enough variety in there songs. Another problem is their frontman. I couldn't understand a word of what he had sung! He looks like a French grandpa in pyjama. All you hear of AC DC songs are these brutal riffs and after 30min I was so fed up with it, especially with Angus' extra outros following each song. It's just boring after a short while. Whereas the Stones offer you such a broad musical contingent. Compare Angie with SFTD, compare Brown Sugar with YCAGWYW, compare Thru and Thru with Satisfaction! They all sound so different and varied, but nevertheless you always know it's from the Stones. That's innovative! They didn't just focus on hard rock or whatever. That's why the Stones are a class of its own, but classes higher than AC DC. I know this is my personal opinion...

06-14-03 02:26 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
ThatsWhatISay wrote:
The difference between AC DC and the Stones is that you can easily listen to the Stones for more than 2 hours, but after 2 hours of AC DC you just wanna escape.
... I was so fed up with it, especially with Angus' extra outros following each song.
... Whereas the Stones offer you such a broad musical contingent. Compare Angie with SFTD, compare Brown Sugar with YCAGWYW, compare Thru and Thru with Satisfaction!

Hmm, must agree to a certain extend with quoted points. Angus' outros started to bore me indeed, like, ok, we know that trick by now. But I like loud music and I loved the whole show.
About song variation of the Stones you are absolutely right of course. They are still the reason we pay those prices for tix.
06-14-03 02:33 PM
coowouters I got home this morning around 5 AM and was warmly greeted by my dogs
Wanted to start writing a review, but too tired, so I got some sleep first.
First of all: it was GREAT!!!!
We left pretty late, around 1:15 PM, picked up another fan in Hasselt (Hi Johan) and then we drove on to Oberhausen. Surprisingly, not too much traffic, so we arrived around 3:30 PM. We split up, and Johan and I went to look around for some people we only knew through IORR,UC, Rocks Off, DW and so on. Lucky that I posted a link to a pic of my jacket somewhere, so in the Brauhaus and the Irish Pub, we got in
touch fast
Not very interested in the Cranberries, and having FOS tix, we decided to skip them and went in half an hour before AC/DC was due. And the trick with the different cameras worked again The throw away camera with flash was
"confiscated" (got it back after the show), but another throw away camera and my digital camera got through.
Another snack and then on to the FOS-area (Ronnie's side). That took us some time to get through those standing in the field, but then we were in and could look for a nice spot. We installed ourselves at the barrier along the catwalk, some 30 meters from the mainstage and then it was showtime
Last time I saw AC/DC must have been somewhere in the late seventies, so it was fun to get to see and hear them again. A great (and long) set and when the canons went off, we were ready for the main dish.
Someone came up to me and showed me a copy of the setlist, and I was a little disappointed that there was no CYHMK on it, but, hell, You Can't Always Get What You Want
So, around 9:45 PM, our heroes exploded onto stage. Nothing really special on the setlist, but a good, solid set and EXCELLENT SOUND! I'm not going to analyse each and every song, but highlight of the show IMHO was "Rock Me Baby" With the Young Bros! GREAT guitars and it went on and on.
I am not going to talk about the errors, false starts and so on; this is a live show, so such things happen. But I found that Keith wasn't really there 'till after the Band introduction . Two very nice songs, and at a certain moment a great camerashot, taken from a camera to the right, combining Keith and the (almost full) moon. I didn't see any beerruns during Keith's set and our group of newly made friends where drifting away on Keith's tunes.
Wonderful! And from that moment on, Keith's playing got better and better.
Nearing the end of SFTD, it was time to go the 20 meters to the B-stage and being first row. Not a good decision; sound was really bad, you get the sound from three sources: main amplifier for the field, the guys system and the original sound, directly from the instruments. But watching Charlie from a distance of couple of meters , and seeing how he's enjoying himself, makes up for the poor soundquality. And of course; Mick and Ronny coming to our side (the backside) of the B-stage, is also great. Ronnie making funny faces, throwing guitar picks in the crowd and like a real gunfighter reach behind his back to take a new pick is fun the watch. When MR was about to end, I made my way back to he catwalk and was rewarded with a high five from Keith, Ronnie and somewhat later (he changed clothes at the B-stage) from Mick (Who decided to dance a little just in front of me for a couple of seconds before getting back on the main stage)
At the B-stage, some security guy saw me take a picture and wanted my camera, but after showing him my diplomatic passport, I was allowed to keep the camera if I promised not to make any more pictures (but off course I made some, without flash, carefully holding the camera out of his sight, and I can assure you that he really was fixated on me during my stay at the B-stage )))
So, on with the show. I think tonight's version of Street Fighting Man was also great and then a solid "Satisfaction" and an encore (JJF) that really rocked the crowd.
And then.........it was over
A last bow, by all, then the four and then, to my surprise a last bow from Mick and Charlie!
Slowly making our way out of the venue, picking up my disposable camera (a lot of "gestapo Staat" murmur by people picking up their confiscated stuff)and of to the Irish Pub for a coke (had to drive, so no more beer after I
entered the venue). Seeing all the cars at a standstill, we had some drinks, talked about the gig, went to have something to eat and then around 2 AM, we started our journey back to Belgium. Me driving, my 2 newbies (first concert)sleeping in the back, Johan talking to me to make sure I didn't fall asleep (how can you fall asleep, with all that adrenaline still flowing ))).
Dropped of Johan, decided to let the others sleep, continued to Kortenberg, woke up my other friends, helped them to their car and went inside. The dogs were barking, so my wife came down and I had of course to tell her
everything Went to bed around 6 AM and, shame on me, woke up at noon.

General remarks : Watching Keith's fingers; they seem to be better than they were sometime ago. Keith also started walking the wings of the stage, left and right (but made a huge error when somewhere on the left wing, think it was during SFJ). But as I said before, halfway through the set, good "old" Keith was playing GREAT.
Ronnie...... Well, Ronnie is Ronnie; always fun to watch, but this tour also great to listen to! "Ronnie Be Goode" ???? NO, "Ronnie IS Good"!!!!!!
Charlie, our gentleman drummer, solid as ever, lots of smiling in Oberhausen and looking quite happy.
Mick is just Mick, 60 years this year? No way!!! This guy has the energy of a twenty year old (and more if you watch some twentiers)!!!!!!!
Daryl, nothing special to report.
Bobby Keys; adding that special touch to the songs.
Bernard and Lisa; good at their job, But Lisa has gained a few pounds, and the high notes are definitely not those of previous tours anymore. But still fun to watch as she is pulling up Mick's T-shirt and teasing him (and Mick
teasing her).
The crowd : a mix of Stones and AC/DC fans, but I didn't see any incidents,
in fact, I was standing in a mixed group and we cheered for AC/DC with them and they went wild with us during the Stones set. And afterwards mingling everywhere in the pubs and restaurants.
One more thing, being a fan and meeting other fans is part of the fun. I even could buy an Olympia spare ticket at cost !
So to those who go see the boys; Don't get to much absorbed by the technicalities, analysing all songs, but mingle with the other fans, enjoy the show. It's not a concert, it's an Event!

Chris

Last bow by Mick and Charlie (got to get me a new digital, this one keeps zooming out instead of zooming in!!!)

Chris from Belgium
[email protected]
http://rolling-stones-belgium.com
06-14-03 02:44 PM
sirmoonie Those were excellent reviews SSC, ThatsWhat, AngieG, and coowooters. Thank you very much.
06-14-03 03:28 PM
coowouters ThatsWhatISay wrote :

People from approximately the tenth row on had
so much space that they could have
theoretically done a breakdance without
touching anyone. I really don��t know who of
the Stones management made this ridiculous
Front of Stage concept.

Yes indeed, I didn't try to get to first row, we stayed somewhere halfway between the main stage and the B-stage and we could have had a BBQ and a squaredance I felt so sorry for those people pressed against the barriers while there still was so much space inside the FoS.

Chris from Belgium
06-14-03 07:46 PM
fmk438j Good reviews. Interesting read with detail and all that. Some conflicting opinions, but that's normal.

daniel

06-15-03 01:13 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
rogerriffin wrote:
Only in dreams i could see this!

the world greatest rock�n roll bands

Yep Roger, dreams, dreams, dreams.... I can't stop to dream about the Rolling Stones....well, let's pray to have the Rolling Stones here in Brazil, Argentina, Mexico and maybe in Chile like 95 till the end of this year.
We deserve it!
CAN'T YOU SEE ROLLING STONES PRODUCTION?
I can't take it anymore...I'm tired of waiting......Come on Keith.....show me your kind-hearted STATUS.
06-15-03 12:18 PM
Madafaka Thank you very much guys! You're the best!
06-15-03 01:48 PM
Angiegirl Here are the pix from rs.com, by Jake Cohl.

Here's rs.com photographer Jake Cohl with ACDC's Hell's Bells:

[Edited by Angiegirl]
06-15-03 03:22 PM
moy one more

06-15-03 03:25 PM
moy

06-15-03 03:34 PM
montana wow!!!! f**ing great shots!!!!!
thanx moy
06-15-03 04:46 PM
montana i found another pic

06-15-03 08:17 PM
moy more, some of them are the same but bigger

06-15-03 08:51 PM
Angiegirl Thanx all! Very nice looking lads ey?
06-17-03 11:59 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Thanx all! Very nice looking lads ey?

And you got to see Mick half naked in Oberhausen!
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003