ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

1999, 2000, 2001 and now for the 4th year!

Thanks sUnShiNe mAN !!!!!�!��!!

Art from a photo by Gered Mankowitz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones in Paris studio Return to archive Page: 1 2
06-13-02 05:29 PM
Joey "Sir Maxalot"

Oh Hell , I really really like that one .

Word to your mother ..........

" Spank Me Silly Ronnie "

Sir Joealot

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJoooooeeeeeeeeeeeey !

Gimme a J ! J !
Gimme a O ! O !
Gimme a E ! E !
Gimme a Y ! Y !

What's that spell ?????? Joey !!!!

Yeah , Joooooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeey !

Bunny

06-13-02 07:30 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Joey....you bastard.

I am, and always will be Sir Stonesalot.

Regardless of what my username is on this board...I'm still Sir Stonesalot.

And you rotten fuckers are NOT.

06-14-02 06:15 AM
gotdablouse MRD8 - Thanks for the update. You said you were involved with the tour right when you first showed up here ? Doesn't reallymatter either way, just checking my memory !
So the word is still 4 new songs on that damned greatest hits with 2 now coming from the vaults ?

Boomhauer - So it was just a guess ?

GITD was a long project since writing started in early 1999 as shown on the timeline on Mick's website. I still think it's a good record with very well written songs. I agree that the production is a bit lacking and it would have been great if Mick had given it a harder/rawer edge. Mick should really cut back and these "wavering" vocals IMHO, like on Brand New Set of Rules or Always Suffering !

It strikes me that while they've improved the quality of the songwriting over the years (less spontaneous obviously), they just can't recreate the production/sound of their greatest efforts. This is true for McCartney too. One could think that because they're new efforts, they can't have the "classic" feel. But when you listen to Undercover or DW 15+ years down the road they don't sound like classics at all, in fact they sound like shit for the most part. GITD would have been a classic if it had been recorded in Nellcote ! I don't know enough about recording techniques to determine if it's because they just can't recreate it or simply don't want to recreate it ! I'm leaning to #1 because even when Don Was tried to get the 1972 sound on VL it failed miserably, coming out way too "clean".
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road