ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

1999, 2000, 2001 and now for the 4th year!

Thanks sUnShiNe mAN !!!!!�!��!!

Art from a photo by Gered Mankowitz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones in Paris studio Return to archive Page: 1 2
06-11-02 05:43 PM
Jacques Hi all
world cup is finished for French team.
But the champions...Rolling Stones were in Paris studio for a lot of days till 7th June. Read the news on Le Club Des Stones (French's Stones News website with PIX of THEM in PARIS). Thanks to Matthieu and Stones News . Go to :
Le Club Des Stones
and have a look to pictures of Stones in Paris, and future Sir Mick.
06-11-02 05:48 PM
Joey Was Mick Taylor with them ?????

Please say YES !!!!!

06-11-02 05:50 PM
nankerphelge Man Ronnie looks really gaunt in the face. I really wonder about his health.
06-11-02 05:54 PM
Jacques Joey
Daryl Jones, Chuck Leavell et Don Was were there but not Mick Taylor (I think so, ask to Matthieu on the website).
06-11-02 05:54 PM
moy they all look great! thanks for the great news jacques
06-11-02 05:57 PM
mattb He's probably just bummed he wouldn't be playing the Queen's Jubilee concert.
06-12-02 05:06 AM
gotdablouse Damn, 17 tracks, WTF is that new album then ?
If not that's going to be another 12 forgotten tracks for the vaults...
Hope we can get some more info. Couldn't find a mwg board on that French site to find out where they got their info from.
06-12-02 08:34 AM
Lacride
quote:
Jacques wrote:
Joey
Daryl Jones, Chuck Leavell et Don Was were there but not Mick Taylor (I think so, ask to Matthieu on the website).

H�, Jacques, et Lisa, elle �tait l�? Si elle �tait l�, pourquoi y a pas photo? Merci, le Club!!! Chris
06-12-02 09:38 AM
Boomhauer Look at these guys, they're still at it. Isn't is awesome? It's like they're still in their 20's. Awesome!

Thanks Jacques
06-12-02 09:45 AM
mattb I think they will release 12 songs. 4 will be on the greatest hits CD and the others will be bonus tracks for the CD singles.
06-12-02 01:54 PM
Jacques To Gotdablouse
There's no msgb on Le Club Des Stones, there's a weekly letter where you can write and ask questions, or try to ask to webmaster Matthieu, normaly he gives sources but sometimes the source doesn't want so he doesn't.

To Lacride
en fait, Lisa �tait avec moi.....;O)))

Lisa was currently with me .....;O)))
06-12-02 06:30 PM
MRD8 While its true the Stones worked on 17 songs while they were in Paris they only finished TWO...thats right, TWO! Supposedly the single Don't Stop is a leftover from Micks album GITD...I can only imagine how great THAT will sound! If there are indeed to be four "new" songs on the greatest hits CD's where are the other two comming from?
06-12-02 09:51 PM
Boomhauer Maybe "Don't STop" is a Stones song, but Mick was maybe going to use it on GITD.

You see, I think that before Mick did GITD, he took those songs to Keith so they could maybe use them for a Stones future album, but Keith probably didn't like any of them, so Mick used them for a solo project.
06-13-02 01:05 AM
KeepRigid Did I miss something, or does this suddenly mark the FIRST time the Stones have used something written during a solo session on a Stones album?
06-13-02 03:12 AM
gotdablouse Boomhauer - just guessing or do you know anything specific ?

Keeprigid - you did miss something, because at least "Almost Hear You Sigh" from SW came from Keith's TICheap sessions and was even co-written by Steve Jordan.
Other than that, I seem to remember that VL's "Blinded by Rainbows" could have been a WS leftover and LIS sounds a lot like "Wicked as it Seems" from MO.

MDR8 - Since you seem to be well informed, care to tell us what you know about the second track ?
06-13-02 05:04 AM
MRD8 The second track they finished in Paris is a Keith song with Keith on vocals...don't know the title yet...they are in NYC mixing them...and presumably going into the vaults to get two other songs for the GH package...they are also being extensively filmed by VH-1 for a Stones weekend special in August to procede the tour...they open rehearsals in Toronto on July 7th, three weeks from Sunday...maybe they won't sound under rehearsed on their first few shows if they practice for two months before the opener...
06-13-02 05:21 AM
stonedinaustralia yes MRD8... do tell if you can

anyword on the style/feel/production

to be honest i have to say the news is somewhat disappointing

GITD out-takes... has it come to this... is it final confirmation the MJ/KR creative nexus survives in name only or has it been that way since '85? the format of B2B i.e. 1/3 MJ 1/3 KR & 1/3 MJ&KR (with producer to taste) does not augur well in that regard

your news seems to dash any hope that they rolled up to the studio with some fresh ideas and produced something, together as a band,virtually on the spot or am i asking too much?

still, i'll keep an open mind until the sound finally hits me

06-13-02 09:41 AM
Boomhauer I only wish I knew of any specifics!
06-13-02 11:40 AM
KeepRigid "Keeprigid - you did miss something, because at least "Almost Hear You Sigh" from SW came from Keith's TICheap sessions and was even co-written by Steve Jordan."

Okay, but so at least it WAS co-written by Steve Jordan, then?

Perhaps my point should have been, did anyone think they WOULDN'T bring stuff that was already kicking around in their heads with them? To a recording session that was only to last a couple of weeks? As stonedinaustralia reminds us, the songs Mick brought to B2B were originally intended for a solo release as well.

All I'm saying is, everyone's treating this like it would've been a B-side off GITD...what if Mick simply thought it was too good to use on a solo effort?
06-13-02 12:11 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Well, that's a nice thought Keepy, but I doubt that's the case...here's why:

Mick Jagger wanted that solo effort to be huge. There's no way he would have held back his best song. He would have used it to get his hit.
06-13-02 12:42 PM
Mr T I don't know Cardinal, your probably right - but its not uncommon for bands to hold off on songs until they think the time is right. Look at Tattoo you - those songs were worthy of Black & Blue or whatever record they were intended for, but the band decided to hold off on them cuz they were works in progress. You have a great point, Mick did want his solo album to be huge - but he wanted his career with the Stones to be bigger. Besides, maybe Keith wrote the riff & Mick decided it would be better to do it with the band.

I'm just saying there's other possibilities
06-13-02 12:59 PM
KeepRigid "That's a nice thought, but I doubt that's the case."

I know that, Cardy, but what's the point in worrying about it?

"Mick Jagger wanted that solo effort to be huge. There's no way he would have held back his best song. He would have used it to get his hit."

On the other hand, Mick also wanted that solo effort to be a separate identity from the Stones. It's not too likely he would've put a very Stones-ish rocker on it that would've drawn comparisons to Start Me Up.

Since the solo efforts began, Mick and Keith have often talked about how they have to decide what to use and what to 'save for the boys'.
06-13-02 01:19 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Hey maybe you're right...I don't know. The only guy who knows for sure is Mick. I doubt he's gonna tell.

I just got the feeling that if the solo thing took off for Mick, the Stones would have gone on the back burner. And I still think Jagger would have fired all his guns to ensure a hit.

My biggest gripe with Goddess was that it sounded like a Stones album without the Stones. When I listened to those songs, I said to myself, "Humpph, that song is missing The Stones...so is that one....so is that one....God damn, Keith would never put up with those cheesey keyboards".

So I don't buy the "It sounds like a Stones song" argument. With the exception of maybe 2 songs, most of Goddess sounded like Stones songs. Mick can't help but write songs that sound like Stones songs. IMO, that's all that's in him!
06-13-02 01:46 PM
Mr T no - I think it was impossible for Mick to put off on the idea of a Stones anniversary tour the next year. They were even thinking of touring last year - so the Stones were never really on the back burner at all. If anything, I'd say GITD was a kind of warm up publicity stunt for the tour. They hadn't done much as a band since No Security and even that is barely remembered to people besides the fans. So since they weren't intending on having an album out for the tour, Mick probably figured he'd warm people up with a solo album. One reason he probably wasn't to concerned over shitty sales is he knew there were bigger things to come - the solo album was just a small test drive - ya know what I'm saying? Then less than 6 months later they immediatly pick up on huge media attention - even though nobody knew about the tour til right before the press conference. One reason word travelled so fast(besides the fact that its the Stones) is that they were kinda fresh in people's minds - like the 9-11 tribute when they played Salt Of The Earth & Miss You, all a warm up for the next Stones tour I think
06-13-02 02:01 PM
winter Mr T:

I agree on the 9-11 tribute, Mick could have turned his set into a promotional spot for his new songs (with a world-wide tv audience), which would have been an awful mistake in my book. Instead, he did the right thing and got Keith up there with him. And, to me he looked happier than any other recent time to be sharing the stage with Keith (Even in the No Security Shows that I saw I had the sense that they were ignoring each other on stage). Does anyone agree?

I also believe that Mick and Keith seemed to be getting along as well as ever at the tour press conference, which makes me very optimistic about what is in store this fall. Again, does anyone agree?

If they're letting VH-1 video tape them, the relations have to be pretty good, which has to be good for the music.

I'm very optimistic on the new songs and tour. But in time we'll see.

Winter
06-13-02 02:12 PM
sandrew I think Mick and Keith have had a pretty workable modus vivendi for the past 10 years or so. They hardly ever interact on stage anymore; that's been the case probably for the last 20 years. They take separate transportation to gigs, stay at separate hotels, and don't really deal with each other at all between tours (except on a business level).

This is not to say they hate each other. I think it's perfectly normal for two guys who spent an ungodly amount of time together for so long to want autonomy. Let's face it: Mick and Keith are still occasional creative partners, but it's basically a business relationship nowadays. The days of Edith Grove are long gone.

Again, I don't see anything wrong with it. They're only human.
[Edited by sandrew]
[Edited by sandrew]
06-13-02 02:33 PM
Maxlugar Goddess In the Doorway, to me, was a self help project for Mick.

He lost his Mother and his woman and needed to work through it. On his own. I still enjoy listening to it.

Also, has anyone got the DVD of Being Mick and paused it on the scene where they show all those reels of music in the vault? It went by too fast when I saw it on TV. Just wondering if anyone got a good look at what was written on them.

Sir Maxalot.
06-13-02 02:47 PM
Cardinal Ximinez "Sir Maxalot"

Careful, you are treading in Joey territory!

Just because I chose not to use my old handle anymore, doesn't mean that anyone else can use it! I'll get nanky and moonie to sue for infringement of intellectual property!

Besides, with all the negative press that men of the cloth are getting...I may have to revert back to the old SS handle.
06-13-02 02:57 PM
Lacride
quote:
Jacques wrote:
To Gotdablouse
There's no msgb on Le Club Des Stones, there's a weekly letter where you can write and ask questions, or try to ask to webmaster Matthieu, normaly he gives sources but sometimes the source doesn't want so he doesn't.

To Lacride
en fait, Lisa �tait avec moi.....;O)))

Lisa was currently with me .....;O)))

Jaloux: je me sens devenir jaloux... JE SUIS JALOUX!!!
Jealous: I'm getting jealous... I am JEALOUS!!!
06-13-02 03:33 PM
CS The news are now confirmed by the Official Fan Club

Band News
We also have news from the Stones frontline. For several weeks, the band has been holed up in a studio in Paris, working with producer Don Was. Word has it a number of tracks were recorded, and perhaps two of these new songs will be included in the forthcoming Greatest Hits CD due out later this year. Stones stalwarts Chuck Leavell and Darryl Jones played on the sessions. Photographer Claude Gassion has been documenting the in-studio goings-on and we'll have these shots on the new site when it launches. More news as we hear it...

Stay in touch!

Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road