ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Stade Gerland, Lyon 18th June 2007
© Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Biggest Bang Review Return to archive Page: 1 2
11th June 2007 02:21 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
Thx OKR!!!

My question is...The Canadian version...is it REALLY a better release than the US version??? I guess we find out tomorrow!!!

I am 100% certain there is only one version....for all countries
11th June 2007 02:21 PM
Bruno
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
For me it works. You can hear MR Wood which I couldnt on Four Flicks. Guitars are mixed up, and horns and key boards are down low.

That is all that really matters, isn´t? Nice to know that Ronnie is audible.

I expect a killer, full of guitars Gimme Shelter to make up for that awful version in FF. Keith was sleeping!
11th June 2007 02:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
Thx OKR!!!

My question is...The Canadian version...is it REALLY a better release than the US version??? I guess we find out tomorrow!!!

Theyre the same. The Canadian listing on best buy appears to have more tracks than the US one, but thats only because theyve done stuff like list the "opening" of each disc as track 1 whereas the US version hasnt.
11th June 2007 03:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
What is "I Can't Be Satisfied"?

Reading the Werchter reviews, its rumoured to be the new name for the board
11th June 2007 03:02 PM
mrhipfl lol. I'm sure the DVD will satisfy most of the people here.
[Edited by mrhipfl]
11th June 2007 03:07 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Theyre the same. The Canadian listing on best buy appears to have more tracks than the US one, but thats only because theyve done stuff like list the "opening" of each disc as track 1 whereas the US version hasnt.

Damn wasteful Canadians ...
11th June 2007 06:21 PM
Some Guy I'm in!
11th June 2007 08:17 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Too bad...but on the bright side...it means I will be getting it for Father's Day!!! (this Sunday in the US)
11th June 2007 08:59 PM
pdog
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

Too bad...but on the bright side...it means I will be getting it for Father's Day!!! (this Sunday in the US)

I don't think my wife or kids knows this is coming out....
11th June 2007 10:29 PM
jholcomb
quote:
Bruno wrote:

I think seeing him with a acoustic in Gimme Shelter is even worse.

Seeing Blondie playing ANY TYPE of guitar on a Stones song makes me puke.

Actually, seeing Blondie on stage makes me puke.

My vote for worst Stones sideman of all time goes to Blondie, for sure, as I see him as nothing but a lame-ass wanna be.

And yes, I've heard his own records.
11th June 2007 11:10 PM
glencar We all despise Blondie. he's a drunk loser but we hate him because he sucks.
12th June 2007 08:30 PM
luxury1 Check out the Midnight Rambler montage on Disc 4. For me it epitomizes all the Stones are--it could have been filmed in 1970. Well done indeed.
13th June 2007 12:52 PM
mmdog
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
in the austin show.. did they record my poster?
it was made with different leather material and read "only mick but i like him"?

I think you made it briefly.
13th June 2007 01:01 PM
BILL PERKS only watched disc 4 and it was great!
14th June 2007 11:07 AM
gimmekeef Just watched Disk 4 which is worth the price alone...Just great stuff there.Also watched the Austin show which has superb sound...however way too much dubbing...I mean notice they never show a close up of Mick singing?....not once.....Guitars are loud and proud but a tad too "perfect"..The causal observer will be blown away though by this show...On to the other 2 tonight!
15th June 2007 03:05 PM
GotToRollMe It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be.
16th June 2007 11:04 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be.

You peeked?......
16th June 2007 11:26 AM
GotToRollMe Couldn't resist!

Seriously, could they have skimped any more on the packaging? Damn.
16th June 2007 12:05 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Couldn't resist!

Seriously, could they have skimped any more on the packaging? Damn.

So..no need for me to burn ya a copy?
16th June 2007 12:43 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

So..no need for me to burn ya a copy?

Actually, I ordered it for someone else and I'm not opening the shrink-wrap, but I'll probably get one for myself in a couple weeks. So ya don't need to burn me a copy - but you're a prince for offering.
16th June 2007 01:00 PM
_Boomy_ I bought it the first day it came out and still haven't had time to watch it!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)