ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Where is Joey? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
7th June 2006 06:34 PM
tookthatname
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Personally, I think the "No more than 2 terms as president" amendment to the Constitution is what would certainly end his hopes of a third term!

that only counts if their awake
7th June 2006 06:39 PM
LadyJane Howe DARE you define ALL liberal points of view???? Do YOU enjoy being "stereotyped?" Didn't think so.

Another female board member said to me recently "it amazes me howe these guys can be SO right wing and yet love the irreverance of the Stones and all the partying (shhhh some of it is illegal) that goes with it"

YOu guys just keep spewing the same shit over and over and over again.

And where does it get anyone????

Carry on BOYS!!!

LJ.

7th June 2006 06:48 PM
Some Guy Where is Joey?
7th June 2006 06:52 PM
Altamont
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Where is Joey?

He's workin part time as a rodeo clown at the QwestCenter.
7th June 2006 06:54 PM
PeerQueer Joey is among us all

...like the wind, he cannot be seen, but moves all that is around him. (See: Wind Beneath My Wings)
7th June 2006 07:13 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Yeah, no liberal ever trashed the Constitution huh?

Libs love the First Amendment, but only if you are towing the liberal line. There is no room for dissenting opinions in that Freedom of Speech thingy -- that would fall under "right-wing nutjob"

Liberals hate the Second Amendment. That right to bear arms" -- that means you should only have hairy arms with big sharp claws right!?

Liberals love the 14th Amendment -- it protects the right to an abortion. So we should protect enemy combatants, but the Constitution supports the killing of unborn children. Hey, if they really cared, they'd speak up wouldn't they -- especially as some doctor is cracking their skull open to suck their tiny little brains out! Yeah -- nice read on the Constitution there!

damn straight!! which is why I am a Libertarian

each side is equally capable of setting us down the road to totalitarianism

7th June 2006 07:16 PM
nankerphelge Wow -- we agree on something!
7th June 2006 07:18 PM
lotsajizz law of averages--had to happen sooner or later....off to the BlackBush now...Red Sox Yankees rained out...nothing left to do but drink for sleep!!

7th June 2006 07:18 PM
pdog You will all be sorry when the robots take over!
7th June 2006 07:35 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Howe DARE you define ALL liberal points of view???? Do YOU enjoy being "stereotyped?" Didn't think so.

Another female board member said to me recently "it amazes me howe these guys can be SO right wing and yet love the irreverance of the Stones and all the partying (shhhh some of it is illegal) that goes with it"

YOu guys just keep spewing the same shit over and over and over again.

And where does it get anyone????

Carry on BOYS!!!

LJ.

LJ I hear where you're coming from,but it should be pointed out that many liberals on this very board have been stereotyping conservatives for years now. I mean in your own post you express outrage that people would pigeonhole all liberals,and then in the very next sentance you do the exact same thing to conservatives! I have talked with you on the phone many times LJ and you are much closer to my way of thinking than you may be willing to admit. I can't stand hypocrisy which is so ripe in "today's" democrat party. Make absolutly no mistake,"today's" democrat party is a far far cry from the democrat party of yesteryear. They have been highjacked by the far left Soros,Moore,Hollywood types and have gone so far to the left that they have alienated many that might otherwise agree with them on some topics.

Here's a perfect example. The media is oh so quick to point to the fact that many conservatives support an amendment to protect marriage as an institution between a man and a woman. How bigoted! How homophobic! How nonprogressive! Yet,this is a flat out lie! It was Bill Clinton who signed the Protection of Marriage Act back in 1996. That act states the exact same thing as this propossed Constitutional Amendment would. However,now conservatives are portrayed as the bad guys! Funny?? I didn't hear shit about this back in 1996?! Conservatives,for the most part,have no problem with alternative lifestyles. Many of us have a very real problem with liberal courts (ie-9th Circuit Court of Appeals,Mass. Supreme Court)dictating what constitutes marriage though. In every single state where there has been a referendum on this issue the vote has always come down on the side of keeping marriage an institution between a man and a woman. Every single state! Including Mass. So why then did the Mass. Supreme Court ignore the will of it's own citizenry? Because they are not elected,and serve for life that's why! They do not have voters to answer to.

Another one that chaps my ass. Imagine if you will if Bush,or any Republican,had been involved in the largest kickback/bribary scheme in history for oil profits? Remember many of "today's" democrats were mighty goddamned quick to claim that the war in Iraq was all about oil! Well now fast forward. We now know that many of the oh-so-liberal UN members were direcetly involved in the largest scandal in international history! How many Democrats have come out and demanded that the UN be held accountable for this outrageous corruption? Gee,I haven't heard one democrat say a damned thing about this! Imagine if this scandal were linked to the GOP? How many dems would be speaking up then? Here's a hint....every goddamned one of them! With Reid and Pelosie leading the charge!

"Today's" Democrat party is circling the drain,and they are too goddmaned thick to figure this fact out.

Riffy
7th June 2006 08:07 PM
Some Guy Wheres jb?
7th June 2006 08:19 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Riffhard wrote

I mean in your own post you express outrage that people would pigeonhole all liberals,and then in the very next sentance you do the exact same thing to conservatives!

Riffy

No Riffy. Read again. I was quoting someone else.

Yes I am a "centrist" liberal.

I'm just miffed at that BITCH Ann Coulter. She's gone too far this time.

"I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much".

She's proud of that statement re some of the 9/11 widows. Uncalled for. But hey, if you disagree with Dubya, it's open season, no?

Love to hear Rudy's thoughts on the above. Gov Pataki has already expressed outrage.

LJ.
7th June 2006 08:41 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Wheres jb?

7th June 2006 08:57 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

No Riffy. Read again. I was quoting someone else.

Yes I am a "centrist" liberal.

LJ.

That particular quote from Coulter is in bad taste no doubt. I'll agree with you,however,it was taken completely out of context as well. The point that she was trying to make is that liberals tend to rally around people that echo their own liberal beliefs and then claim that anyone who challenges them is heartless and meanspirited. Liberals hoist up people like Cindy Sheehan-"don't you dare challenge her! She lost a son!!!",John Murtha-"Don't even think about challenging him! He's a war hero!!",The 9/11 widows-"How dare you challenge them! They lost their husbands!" That is her point,but she went too far with that statement.

Now I ask you. Is that her's any worse than Dickhead Durbin comparing our troops to "nazis,Pol Pot's henchmen,or the Soviets in their gullags"? Is what she said any worse than Kerry claiming our troops our "terrorizing innocent Iraqi women and children in the dead of the night"? I find those statments every bit as offensive as anything that Ann Coulter has ever said. Remember these women have set themselves up as political activists,and have been touring the country. So they are fair game,but Coulter was tactless in her attack.

Yes it was shril,and devisive. Frankly I'm sick of both sides throwing these verbal bombs. They are only further driving a wedge between both sides of the argument,but Ann hates the liberal spin machine and she often kicks them in the teeth just for shits and giggles. Truth be told,I think she is doing our side more harm than good at times though.

Riffy
7th June 2006 09:07 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Where is Joey?

AOL Music asks: Paris the Next Marley?

Who: Paris Hilton
Video: 'Stars Are Blind'
The Lowdown: The paparazzi-loving celebutante tries her hand at singing while frolicking on the beach and vamping it up in signature Paris style. This reggae-drenched tune is the first single from the sexy heiress' debut CD.

--------------------------

Paris Hilton Plans Reggae, Hip Hop Album - AP

Paris Hilton says her upcoming album will be a mix of reggae, pop and hip-hop, with the first single being a reggae song called "Stars Are Blind."

Hilton will also do a remake of the Rod Stewart song "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?," she was quoted as saying in the June issue of Hong Kong magazine Prestige.

"The whole album has so much different music on it. I like all music. It's not like I only like pop or only rock. I want to have something for everybody," Hilton said.

Hilton said she wrote the lyrics to seven of her songs. The article didn't say how many songs are on the album.

She said she had to overcome shyness to become a singer.

"I have always had a voice and always known I could sing, but I was too shy to let it come out. I think that is the hardest thing you can do, to sing in front of people. When I finally let go and did it, I realized it is what I am most talented at and what I love to do the most," Hilton said.

Prestige reported the single, "Stars Are Blind," will be released first by Warner Records and her own label Heiress Records, followed by a full album later this year.
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
7th June 2006 09:56 PM
telecaster
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I loved the comment about Dems not having any humanity - I'm not sticking up for ANY politicians, but it's the other side which tore up the Geneva Convention and outsourced their torture to central Europe. I'd stick to jokes about blowjobs if I was a GOP groupie. Humanity is not their strong suit.

Speaking of GOP groupies - did I mention that Tele is prematurely gay?

Hey flea! When did Al Queda/Terrorists/Insurgents sign the Geneva Convention? Are they "uniformed soldiers representing a country?"

Tell us? You weak fuck

It is a contract between countries that signed the contract

When did you fellow travellers sign?

What a weak sister you are. You can't defend what I just said so you will post a doctored photo of Bush

Gay????????

Want to post pics of our girlfriends/wives?

I have seen yours

I win

7th June 2006 10:30 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Yes it was shril,and devisive. Frankly I'm sick of both sides throwing these verbal bombs. They are only further driving a wedge between both sides of the argument,but Ann hates the liberal spin machine and she often kicks them in the teeth just for shits and giggles. Truth be told,I think she is doing our side more harm than good at times though.

Riffy

Thank You.

I have Riffy on record saying Ms. Coulter is shrill and devisive.

Score a lil one for me.

I can't believe I posted on this thread. I need to be committed.

LJ
7th June 2006 11:13 PM
voodoopug You all make me vomit with the political crap....it is anonymous one upmanship. None of you would have the balls to do something about your opposition to alternative schools of thought, yet are "tough guys" behind a keyboard. You want to be more than just a puppet? Run for office, protest loud enough where voters can hear you, or find a way to present your case where you have accountablility....aka Shit or get off the pot. You live in this country and are able to put food on your tables because of it, if it is that bothersome for you.....find a place where you can hide behind a keyboard and become a powerful political player (try myspace.com).

Now where the hell is Joey?
7th June 2006 11:35 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LJ...you know I love you like a sista...
but I have to point out that Ann C. is not
talking about ALL the widows of 9/11, just
a very specific four loudmouths in NJ. They
did not ask to be in this sad group, but
the have been a little creepy in their political
activism. They do seem to be milking their status
as 9/11 widows to advance a political agenda....
I have some friends who are 9/11 widows and they
have channeled their grief in ways that honor the
memory of their husbands and help their kids honor
their dads. Ann Coulter can be too crass, but
she also is not the devil the Daily News would
like us all to think she is. Should it always be
taboo to question someone's motives?

but I love you, LJ....

SV

7th June 2006 11:37 PM
Riffhard
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
You all make me vomit with the political crap....it is anonymous one upmanship. None of you would have the balls to do something about your opposition to alternative schools of thought, yet are "tough guys" behind a keyboard. You want to be more than just a puppet? Run for office, protest loud enough where voters can hear you, or find a way to present your case where you have accountablility....aka Shit or get off the pot. You live in this country and are able to put food on your tables because of it, if it is that bothersome for you.....find a place where you can hide behind a keyboard and become a powerful political player (try myspace.com).

Now where the hell is Joey?

Hey Puggy speak for yourself. Some of us can discuss the topic and remain civil. I agree that the discourse on this thread has dipped into mud slinging bullshit,and I too get sickened by that shit,but it cuts both ways. I enjoy a good debate as much as the next guy,but when it delves into the gutter it does wear very thin. The reason that this topic gets brought up so much(by me anyway)is because I like most everyone on this board and am interested in others' views on a topic that I find of great interest. I mean look at LJ and myself! We can find common ground. Same goes for Monkey Man,Raspy,and even Jizzy at times. I have had heated debates with all of them,but at the end of the day we usually end the argument with a modicum of civility. If politics can be discussed in a civil nature I see no reason why it should be taboo. That said,this thread has turned in a decidely ugly direction. I blame both sides equally. Yet I will accept none of it myself! LOL! Nor will I lay any of it at Lady Jane's feet.

Riffy
7th June 2006 11:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Hey Puggy speak for yourself. Some of us can discuss the topic and remain civil. I agree that the discourse on this thread has dipped into mud slinging bullshit,and I too get sickened by that shit,but it cuts both ways. I enjoy a good debate as much as the next guy,but when it delves into the gutter it does wear very thin. The reason that this topic gets brought up so much(by me anyway)is because I like most everyone on this board and am interested in others' views on a topic that I find of great interest. I mean look at LJ and myself! We can find common ground. Same goes for Monkey Man,Raspy,and even Jizzy at times. I have had heated debates with all of them,but at the end of the day we usually end the argument with a modicum of civility. If politics can be discussed in a civil nature I see no reason why it should be taboo. That said,this thread has turned in a decidely ugly direction. I blame both sides equally. Yet I will accept none of it myself! LOL! Nor will I lay any of it at Lady Jane's feet.

Riffy

Some good points made, but to me it seems like a lot of hot air from all parties. I have yet to read what any of the parties involved have done about all the "travesties" in the US today, only finger pointing which usually turns into mudslinging due to the lack of accountability on a message board. I have been threatened, insulted, bad mouthed, etc as well, and yes, most of the time, it ends up working itself out, but why fan the fire about a topic that neither side has a lick of tolerance towards the other? I have done a spotless job during the last four years on Rocks Off, to not reveal, or for that matter even hint at my political stance....now that is something to be proud of around here! I could care less if folks here are liberal, concservative, prefer balls to breasts, or whatever, many of you guys here I would enjoy meeting and many I have met. There is no chance in hell I would waste those opportunities to start a political arguement with my "friends" when it is blatently obvious that we all share one common bond from the start, being part of "we" (true stones fans).

Also, chew on this....how ridiculous would myself or jb look if we went to a "lefty" or "righty" website and spoke of our concern about ticket sales in European Markets? Answer: about as ridiculous as political debates look here!

Much love,

The pug
8th June 2006 12:00 AM
PeerQueer
Also, chew on this....how ridiculous would myself or jb look if we went to a "lefty" or "righty" website and spoke of our concern about ticket sales in European Markets? Answer: about as ridiculous as political debates look here!

Much love,

The pug

My left nut hangs a bit lower than the right...
8th June 2006 12:02 AM
voodoopug
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

Much love,

The pug

My left nut hangs a bit lower than the right...

I came out of the hot tub tonite and looked like I was trying to drag a large garbage bag with two watermelons inside due to the prolonged exposure to the warm water...I beleive the right was a bit lower as it was closest to the jets!
8th June 2006 12:33 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

LJ I hear where you're coming from,but it should be pointed out that many liberals on this very board have been stereotyping conservatives for years now. I mean in your own post you express outrage that people would pigeonhole all liberals,and then in the very next sentance you do the exact same thing to conservatives! I have talked with you on the phone many times LJ and you are much closer to my way of thinking than you may be willing to admit. I can't stand hypocrisy which is so ripe in "today's" democrat party. Make absolutly no mistake,"today's" democrat party is a far far cry from the democrat party of yesteryear. They have been highjacked by the far left Soros,Moore,Hollywood types and have gone so far to the left that they have alienated many that might otherwise agree with them on some topics.

Here's a perfect example. The media is oh so quick to point to the fact that many conservatives support an amendment to protect marriage as an institution between a man and a woman. How bigoted! How homophobic! How nonprogressive! Yet,this is a flat out lie! It was Bill Clinton who signed the Protection of Marriage Act back in 1996. That act states the exact same thing as this propossed Constitutional Amendment would. However,now conservatives are portrayed as the bad guys! Funny?? I didn't hear shit about this back in 1996?! Conservatives,for the most part,have no problem with alternative lifestyles. Many of us have a very real problem with liberal courts (ie-9th Circuit Court of Appeals,Mass. Supreme Court)dictating what constitutes marriage though. In every single state where there has been a referendum on this issue the vote has always come down on the side of keeping marriage an institution between a man and a woman. Every single state! Including Mass. So why then did the Mass. Supreme Court ignore the will of it's own citizenry? Because they are not elected,and serve for life that's why! They do not have voters to answer to.

Another one that chaps my ass. Imagine if you will if Bush,or any Republican,had been involved in the largest kickback/bribary scheme in history for oil profits? Remember many of "today's" democrats were mighty goddamned quick to claim that the war in Iraq was all about oil! Well now fast forward. We now know that many of the oh-so-liberal UN members were direcetly involved in the largest scandal in international history! How many Democrats have come out and demanded that the UN be held accountable for this outrageous corruption? Gee,I haven't heard one democrat say a damned thing about this! Imagine if this scandal were linked to the GOP? How many dems would be speaking up then? Here's a hint....every goddamned one of them! With Reid and Pelosie leading the charge!

"Today's" Democrat party is circling the drain,and they are too goddmaned thick to figure this fact out.

Riffy

I'M LIBERAL AND NOT THICK,CEPT IN THE GUT
8th June 2006 12:46 AM
glencar
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

LJ...you know I love you like a sista...
but I have to point out that Ann C. is not
talking about ALL the widows of 9/11, just
a very specific four loudmouths in NJ. They
did not ask to be in this sad group, but
the have been a little creepy in their political
activism. They do seem to be milking their status
as 9/11 widows to advance a political agenda....
I have some friends who are 9/11 widows and they
have channeled their grief in ways that honor the
memory of their husbands and help their kids honor
their dads. Ann Coulter can be too crass, but
she also is not the devil the Daily News would
like us all to think she is. Should it always be
taboo to question someone's motives?

but I love you, LJ....

SV

BEST POST ON THIS STINKIN' THREAD! I don't know you but I owe you a beer.
8th June 2006 01:55 AM
pdog You'll all be sorry when the aliens are farming us for food!
8th June 2006 04:56 AM
lotsajizz hey pdog, you watching those Matrix cartoons again?

and riffy, thanks for not stooping to tele's level...he needs to clean the foam off his chin

as it has done with others in the past, Bushmills has found our common ground

8th June 2006 06:21 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
glencar wrote:
BEST POST ON THIS STINKIN' THREAD! I don't know you but I owe you a beer.

Thanks! I'll take that beer at our next NY Summit!

8th June 2006 06:47 AM
LadyJane SV....we must agree to disagree on Colter.

I despise her.

But I think the 'boys' could learn a lesson from the way we disagree....very lovingly.

Now...something we can ALL agree on:

al-ZARQAWI ROT IN HELL!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
8th June 2006 07:18 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Now...something we can ALL agree on:

al-ZARQAWI ROT IN HELL!!!!!!!!!

LJ.

I hope HIS 70 virgins in heaven are all frighteningly
ugly old hags!

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)