ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Midnight ramblin' babies!!
© Christopher Simon Sykes with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Elizabeth Taylor (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 6th, 2005 12:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I watched a bio on her on tv yesterday, Headliners & Legends, just curious as to the movie buffs opinions.
June 6th, 2005 12:58 PM
glencar She was hot. Now she's crackpot.
June 6th, 2005 01:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
She was hot. Now she's crackpot.

Well she's old. Plus according to this bio she was a "captive" of the so called "studio system" and her mother from a very young age. That could wreak havoc on anyones sanity. Some child stars have fared well, others have burnt out real quick.
June 6th, 2005 01:13 PM
Factory Girl She and Paul Neuman were gorgeous in "Cat On a Hot Tin Roof".
June 6th, 2005 01:14 PM
glencar She hasn't done anything of note since the mid 60's but she was good in her day.
June 6th, 2005 01:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
June 6th, 2005 02:34 PM
telecaster Remember when she married Mick Taylor?

Or was that Larry Fortensky

I have never seen Mick Taylor and Larry in the same room together
June 6th, 2005 03:23 PM
MrPleasant Great actress. Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf? kinda rocks. Some quotes (I stole from the IMDB):

[Martha (Taylor) has changed into an embarrassingly tight and revealing outfit]
George (Richard Burton): "Why Martha! Your Sunday chapel dress!"

Nick: (George Segal): "I'm tired, I've been drinking since nine o'clock, my wife is vomiting, there's been a lot of screaming going on around here!"

George: "You're a monster - You are".
Martha: "I'm loud and I'm vulgar, and I wear the pants in the house because somebody's got to, but I am not a monster. I'm not".
George: "You're a spoiled, self-indulgent, willful, dirty-minded, liquor-ridden..."

IMO, Paul Newman nowadays is the best living actor in Hollywood (sorry Al, Bobby and Jack). He got better with age.
[Edited by MrPleasant]
June 6th, 2005 03:44 PM
gimmekeef Her last major role was in the Licks Tour....She was the blimp!
June 6th, 2005 03:52 PM
Riffhard
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

IMO, Paul Newman nowadays is the best living actor in Hollywood (sorry Al, Bobby and Jack). He got better with age.
[Edited by MrPleasant]

I would rate Robert Duvall as every bit as good as Newman,De Niro,Nickolson,Pachino,Hoffman,or anyone else for that matter.

Duvall is the most effortless actor out there IMO. The best western in years was his Open Range. Man he was fucking brilliant in that flick! As was(shockingly) Kevin Costner.

Riffhard
June 6th, 2005 03:53 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I would rate Robert Duvall as every bit as good as Newman,De Niro,Nickolson,Pachino,Hoffman,or anyone else for that matter.

I forgot about him!! I totally agree.
June 6th, 2005 04:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
June 6th, 2005 04:13 PM
gimmekeef Russell Crowe is working on joining that list in a few years I believe....
June 6th, 2005 04:45 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
She was hot. Now she's crackpot.

Yes , she WAS Hot ( circa 1948 )

.....now she looks pretty ' Banged Out ! '

W- W- W- W- W- What ?!?! ..... Oh , certainly :

www.TinaJordan.com

Sassy ! ™
June 6th, 2005 04:47 PM
glencar Russell Crowe is very good!
June 6th, 2005 04:49 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Russell Crowe is very good!

Jennifer Connelly is STILL smokin'
June 6th, 2005 04:51 PM
glencar She too gets better with age!
June 6th, 2005 04:56 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Russell Crowe is working on joining that list in a few years I believe....

He and Sean Penn and Denzel Washington. That'll happen when they stop behaving like important stars and learn to not over perform on the set. Cinderella Man? More like "transcendental oscar-bait time".

Benicio del Toro was genius in Traffic; I hope Johnny Depp will never lose his weird sense of humor; Tom Hanks needs to get away from Steven Spielberg; Tom Cruise has got to come out of the closet; and DiCaprio needs to grow a decent moustache. Oh, and Bono sucks.

I thought that "A beautiful mind" was too much fluff.
June 6th, 2005 04:57 PM
glencar A beautiful film. I thought it was one of the best films in recent years. I haven't seen this new C-man movie. I agree with you about Hanks in re Spielberg. No one should work too often with him. And Cruise is too weird these days. I haven't liked him since the Firm & I wonder what I would think of it of I saw it today.
June 6th, 2005 04:58 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
She too gets better with age!

Amen !

www.allmegastar.com/c/JenniferConnelly.html

[ Edited by Baby Steelie ]

[Edited by Joey]
June 6th, 2005 05:04 PM
FPM C10
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Great actress. Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf? kinda rocks.
[Edited by Edward Albee]

KINDA?? If by "kinda" you mean "totally" then I agree with you whole heartedly.

That's really the only movie of hers that does much for me, though. She was in some movies I liked by never because of her - I like A Place In The Sun and Suddenly Last Summer, but because of Montgomery Clift, not because of Liz.

But Virginia Woolf is GREAT, and STRICTLY because of Liz!!!!
June 6th, 2005 05:09 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

But Virginia Woolf is GREAT, and STRICTLY because of Liz!!!!

Here is something else that is GREAT !

June 6th, 2005 05:41 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
KINDA?? If by "kinda" you mean "totally" then I agree with you whole heartedly.

I meant "kinda" as in "almost completely"; not because it's filmed theater (prime filmed theater, that is), but because there are times when Liz doesn't appear on the screen (the part between Mr Taylor and Segal bores me a little, for instance).

Glengarry Glen Rose, completely rocks, IMO.
[Edited by MrPleasant]
June 7th, 2005 09:50 AM
Joey
June 7th, 2005 10:19 AM
Martha
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Great actress. Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf? kinda rocks. Some quotes (I stole from the IMDB):

[Martha (Taylor) has changed into an embarrassingly tight and revealing outfit]
George (Richard Burton): "Why Martha! Your Sunday chapel dress!"

Nick: (George Segal): "I'm tired, I've been drinking since nine o'clock, my wife is vomiting, there's been a lot of screaming going on around here!"

George: "You're a monster - You are".
Martha: "I'm loud and I'm vulgar, and I wear the pants in the house because somebody's got to, but I am not a monster. I'm not".
George: "You're a spoiled, self-indulgent, willful, dirty-minded, liquor-ridden..."

[Edited by MrPleasant]

That is one of my favorite films. The acting is so good it's flawless. And they didn't want Richard Burton to play George, if you can imagine that. They didn't think he could pull off the part.

My second name 'Martha' came about from watching this film with my husband before we were a couple. :-)
June 7th, 2005 12:39 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Martha wrote:

That is one of my favorite films. The acting is so good it's flawless. And they didn't want Richard Burton to play George, if you can imagine that. They didn't think he could pull off the part.

My second name 'Martha' came about from watching this film with my husband before we were a couple. :-)

REALLY? That's hilarious!!

I can't really relate you to THAT Martha, but then I've never seen you all hootched up.

I gotta watch this flick again soon. It's been years.
June 7th, 2005 01:22 PM
kath one of the most incredibly beautiful women to hit the screen, EVER! have you seen "giant"? gawd, she was just astonishingly gorgeous in that.

she has a lot of good "causes" and a big heart. i love her. and i will miss her when she's gone.
June 7th, 2005 02:06 PM
Joey
quote:
kath wrote:

i love her. and i will miss her when she's gone.

{{{{{ WTF ?!?!?! }}}}}}

I thought she passed away in ' 79 ?!?!?!?!

Shiver ................................

Jacky Hilton !
June 7th, 2005 08:02 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Russell Crowe is very good!

Really? I think he's the most overrated actor in your country. Can't stand his face, can't stand his cardboard acting. A huge pile of immobile wood imo.
June 7th, 2005 08:25 PM
exile
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Remember when she married Mick Taylor?

Or was that Larry Fortensky

I have never seen Mick Taylor and Larry in the same room together

LOL LOL!!!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)