ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Midnight ramblin' babies!!
© Christopher Simon Sykes with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Elizabeth Taylor (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 7th, 2005 08:39 PM
kath russell crowe is not worth all the bullshit that brews around him. i predict he will die young. he is an asshole, he treats people badly. i don't even see a great deal of talent there....

but back to the thread...elizabeth taylor is one of my personal heroines. she is a gracious, brave woman.

she chose badly in men, pretty much. but that does not take away from her talent, her compassion and her courage.
June 7th, 2005 09:33 PM
glencar
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Really? I think he's the most overrated actor in your country. Can't stand his face, can't stand his cardboard acting. A huge pile of immobile wood imo.

Angie, he's not really from "my" country but I guess he is all Hollywood now. He got into a big to-do in a NYC hotel this week.
June 7th, 2005 09:33 PM
glencar Anne Bancroft died, I just heard on TV. She was Mrs. Robinson in "The Graduate" & spent many years married to Mel Brooks.
June 7th, 2005 09:34 PM
Angiegirl Yes, I meant 'from the Hollywood clique' indeed. But I hope he's happy with his success
June 7th, 2005 09:41 PM
glencar You're up late!
June 7th, 2005 09:45 PM
Angiegirl Yes, I know. I have some days off and take my chance as I am a night person . I promised myself to be in bed by 4 am at the latest, so that gives me another 15 minutes, hehehe.
June 8th, 2005 12:02 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
glencar wrote:
Anne Bancroft died, I just heard on TV. She was Mrs. Robinson in "The Graduate" & spent many years married to Mel Brooks.

I just found out. R.I.P.

As a character, Mrs. Robinson is my favorite wealthy, alcoholic, middle-aged, female seducer. Unlike Martha (Liz Taylor --BTW, Mike Nichols directed both Virginia Woolf and The Graduate--), who keeps having violent fits with her husband, Mrs. Robinson decides to engage into a series of calm, and simple sexual encounters with a young man. Bancroft plays her like a woman of needs.

While other filmmakers would have resorted to dissonance, sentimentalism, camp, or rabbit-killing bitches, Mike Nichols doesn't judge the characters and understands that they're flawed and insecure. If there's an overall "message" that I can think of: it's better to keep an undemanding lover (or "collection of lovers") than to throw it all away for the ideals of just one love. Too soon, at least.

Mr. Robinson (Murray Hamilton) says to Ben (Dustin Hoffman), early in the movie: "Sow a few wild oats. Take things as they come. Have a good time with the girls and so forth". And if the women (and adults in general) are willing to respond, and nobody's rushing, what's the problem?

[Edited by Buck Henry]
June 8th, 2005 07:31 AM
glencar Nichols also directed "Carnal Knowledge" I think.
June 8th, 2005 09:52 AM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Yes, I know. I have some days off and take my chance as I am a night person . I promised myself to be in bed by 4 am at the latest, so that gives me another 15 minutes, hehehe.

I am a ' Night Person ' too .................

Come To Joey

I will continue to have benign fasciculations, stomach pain, flank pain, and stress related disorders ( see : rectal irritation..... )

Tee Hee

[ Edited by Baby Steel Magnolia ]

[Edited by Joey]
June 8th, 2005 10:44 AM
Martha
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

REALLY? That's hilarious!!

I can't really relate you to THAT Martha, but then I've never seen you all hootched up.

I gotta watch this flick again soon. It's been years.

Yes really and I call Chris "George" AND....we have those nicknames engraved inside our wedding rings....(we are film people). Hootched up and SLOPPY oh HONEY that's the Martha yet to be revealed! Stay tuned! LOL

I got to watch WAOVW again too. It is a masterpiece. Wish you could come over and hang out so we could watch and discuss scenes together,,,,over tea.

You are my soul brother, Flea.....if I didn't know that before I sure do now. ;-)

MAAAAARTHA!!!!!!

Whaaaddda ya WANT?!???

xxoo!

June 8th, 2005 10:49 AM
Joey
quote:
Martha wrote:

I got to watch WAOVW again too. It is a masterpiece. Wish you could come over and hang out so we could watch and discuss scenes together,,,,over tea.

You are my soul brother, Flea.....if I didn't know that before I sure do now. ;-)

MAAAAARTHA!!!!!!

Whaaaddda ya WANT?!???

xxoo!

Gold Martha .................. Pure Gold !!!!!

You ARE the Gold Standard .... I have got my eye on you this week .

" Stones is Stones ...... Bigger than ALL of us ! "

Joey Carson

June 8th, 2005 12:35 PM
Martha
quote:
Joey wrote:

Gold Martha .................. Pure Gold !!!!!

You ARE the Gold Standard .... I have got my eye on you this week .

" Stones is Stones ...... Bigger than ALL of us ! "

Joey Carson

I like being all GOLD Joey Cakes!

But....am I solid gold?

eye and eye

hoochie coochie me Ronnie!

xxxooo,
MM

June 8th, 2005 01:44 PM
Joey " I like being all GOLD Joey Cakes!

But....am I solid gold? "

Damn Straight My Stonesian Sister ..............

Solid Gold ! ...... THE GOLD STANDARD !!!!!

|
|
|
|
|
V

Joeykins ! ™

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)