ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Internet heroes: Angiegirl, Frank and Strange_Stray_Cat
Vision Zukunftspark, Oberhausen - June 13, 2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: HELLO FROM NEW MEMBER! Return to archive Page: 1 2
05-22-03 11:43 PM
Beatle Neil Hello out there - new member Neil from Liverpool here, waving HELLO to all other fellow hardcore Stones lovers.
And before you ask......I'm a Taylorite!!
HaHa, according to posters on another Stones forum I just registered with - that's what I am......I thought it sounded like a brand of paint, meself.
But yes, I do have special leanings towards the Taylor era.
If Brian were alive now he'd look just like Pauline Fowler.
Well, er.....I guess the screen-name kinda makes it a bit obvious who my main fave band in life IS, but I'm sure not interested in putting my fave bands into ANY kind of order. No point. But all in all, glad to be here! Nice one!

Charlie's good tonight, inne?

So I'll catch up with y'all soon at some point.
Don't you think.....it's sometimes wise not to grow up...
I'm also looking for any tape traders out there to obtain nothing but Stones stuff from...if I can......
E-mail me offlist and I will send on my bootleg tape lists for R.Stones/Hendrix/Syd&Floyd/J.Airplane/G.Dead/Beach Boys/Velvet Underground/CSNY/Byrds/Doors/L.Zep on request.
E-MAIL ME AT - [email protected]

"...Is mah drummer there? 'Allo?"
05-23-03 04:35 AM
beer
quote:
Beatle Neil wrote:
towards the Taylor era.
Well, er.....I guess the screen-name kinda makes it a bit obvious who my main fave band in life IS,

"...Is mah drummer there? 'Allo?"

who's pauline flower?
Pete best and Stu Sutcliffe should have started a band.
05-23-03 06:23 AM
Zeeta
quote:
beer wrote:

who's pauline flower?

The delectable Pauline Fowler - admittedly there is a slight resemblance there!

05-23-03 08:18 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Great, Taylorites coming out of the woodwork.

<---- Wack him, Savage!

No, no, lil' RonnieCake, that is not the way we operate.

In all seriousness, though, welcome to the board. Great to have more fans, especially a former member of the Beatles... I guess... Everyone remembers John, Paul, George, Ringo and... umm... Neil?

Yeah. Sure.

-tSYX --- Mumbo!
05-23-03 08:27 AM
JaggerLips Welcome Beatle Neil

I am a fellow Liverpudlian too and love the Beatles and have got tickets for the hottest gig any place in the UK in June yes The Kings Dock McCartney gig!!!

As you can tell I am a Jaggerette well awight!

BTW Paul OGrady was on the Pete Price show last night and he said that Jagger threatened him because he was a "bad influence to Ronnie !!" is this just OGrady having a laugh or what?
05-23-03 09:27 AM
Beatle Neil Beer wrote:
Pete Best & Stu Sutcliffe should have started a band.
Neil Replies:
Yeah - a Drum & Bass band, I guess.....

As for O'Grady, well, we won't dignify him here
with publicity now, will we.
Well J-Lips, you're in for a highlight of your life.
Saw Paul in Manchester and London in april -
Still buzzin'...
I forgot to mention - if anyone at all remembers the Jagger impersonator that used to ring up Tommy Boyd's 'human zoo' radio show every week a coupla years ago, I swear it was me. I can prove it. Did Dylan too.
Can someone please tell me just how many alt/live versions of 'Moon is up' there are in all? Must be a few...I hope so.

If you're a 'Jaggerette' J-lips, then what's the name here for a Keef boy? For that is I. I await my promotion.

Did everybody pay their dues?
05-23-03 09:52 AM
Stray Cat Hi Neil,
Nice to hear from someone else from outside of London - I'm in Hull.Which Stones Gigs are you attending.?

Stray Cat
05-23-03 10:06 AM
Mother baby Hi Beatle Neil. The more the better as they say. Who or what is this O'Grady?
[Edited by Mother baby]
05-23-03 10:14 AM
Beatle Neil Won't be seeing this time around - wasn't so lucky.
I'd have preferred to had seen them w/Taylor anyway really.
But - Having said that I was most eager to hear these September 2002 shows at MSG & Roseland ballroom after MOJO magazine called them 'the best NYC Stones gigs in 20 years'...
05-23-03 10:15 AM
Zeeta Yo I am in Liverpool too!

Welcome Niel

Paul O'grady is a comic who dresses up in drag and is from Liverpool.

05-23-03 10:32 AM
BillyBoll Some kind of takeover from scousers and/or adopted scousers going on here!
05-23-03 10:36 AM
F505 Beatle Neil have you already spoken with a certain JB?
05-23-03 11:21 AM
Beatle Neil I've thought long and hard while the end of side 2 of 'Goats head soup' has been clicking round and round in the run-off groove for the past 10 minutes - but I am lost as to who or what JB might be.
NO idea....... Got me there pal!
I couldnt believe someone actually posted up a picture of Pauline Fowler after I'd made that quip....they don't usually generate THAT much interest!!! HaHa!!
Thanks Zeeta - proves how Scousers just seem to home in on each other with NO effort, they could spot each other on Mars. The planet that is, not Marianne's fave choc bar.
Any more Scousers wanna unite, plan, revolt and take over the AWFUL radio stations Liverpool has? WHY NOT????

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up.....
05-23-03 11:50 AM
jb "Beatle Neil"-I thought this was a Stones only forum...maybe you should check out Keno's John Lennon site...
05-23-03 01:02 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
"Beatle Neil"-I thought this was a Stones only forum...maybe you should check out Keno's John Lennon site...

Ignore him, Beatle Neil, if he ever yaps about the Beatles. JB's an OK guy, he just hates the Beatles and Bob Dylan with such vehement passion that he feels the need to tell everyone whenever they're even mentioned in passing.

I think he was bitten by Ringo Starr when he was a kid.

Feel welcome here, Beatle Neil, 'cause 'round here we've got people with music tastes that're eclectic as all hell. It's fine. Ignore those that don't have enough courtesy to accept it.

-tSYX --- ...to be on your own? With no direction home?
05-23-03 01:48 PM
Beatle Neil Went to Keno's sites months ago sunshine.
Stones one wasn't bad.
Got me Stones desktop wallpaper while I was there too.
Maybe you should go check it out when you've
developed some bloody manners!!!!!

Always one, isn't there?
No wonder he had no contact info - no use for it anyhow.
Notice his very condescending tone as well - Here am I being told what websites to log onto by some screwed-up loser who can't even have a conversation properly.
And as usual in most of these cases,
I bet I'm older than him as well......
Well done, how brave and noble of you to be patronising someone who had the entire Floyd/Beatles back catalogue sussed out years before you spent your days popping zits and jacking off to the bra pages in your mummy's catalogues.

Now learn some bloody respect.
05-23-03 01:59 PM
jb I'm really sorry Mr. Beatle Neil....your right....a wanker like me has no business making comments to someone like you with such a prestigious catalogue of Beatles/Floyd music. I am ashamed of my comments, but as TSXY said, I am basically a good guy and I just have a pathological hate of the Beatles. Please don't report me to the administrators as I fear it will result in anywhere from a 24 -72 suspension, which would just ruin my memorial day weekend. God bless you and the British for being the only true allies we in America have....God save the Queen and may Jesus Christ bless us all.
05-23-03 02:39 PM
Nellcote JB, my gawd, have you been into the Testors? As one Mr. Townsend once said, "Don't change, it would not become You"

Welcome to Beatle Neil. It's always good to have additional blood on the board. You really should understand the opinions of the three era's of the Stones are well represented here, will be viewed over time as extrodinary. Mick T. was the briefest era to date, some will call it the best, I feel that era represents the most different chapter of the Stones, with the present and first being quite similar. Anyway, we are lucky to have it, aren't we? 40 plus years yet?

It does "pain" me to write the word Beatle, as that was so very long ago, their image has been left to be so tarnished, with the different items which have occurred. From the continued sniping between The Leader of N. Korea and Macca, Macca failing to protect the catalog, failing to understand he's going to get fleeced again by that gold digger he married, Macca being, well Angela Lansbury. Ringo deserves credit for at least keeping one hit wonder artists from going hungry with his All Star review. I had high hopes for Julian Lennon, however, those have been dashed. I tend to look at The Beatles as a entity these days as they should be, not at all, ancient history.

So that is that. Now that I've descended down from Neptune, it's back to hover around in cyberspace, where everything is not real, per the sage advise of one Miss U.

05-23-03 02:40 PM
Joey " God save the Queen and may Jesus Christ bless us all. "

Josh , was HE circumcised ???????????????????????????

Developing ..........................

Oh , by the way , my Seder plate had a Heineken on it last evening . No .................I am talking A " Heineken " and that is IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing else !

WTF ???????????????????????????????????????????????

Shiver .....................................

Jacky !

05-23-03 02:42 PM
jb Joey, can you lend me a avatar? I am literally faceless!
05-23-03 03:12 PM
Joey " Joey, can you lend me a avatar? I am literally faceless!"

Only if your circumcised Josh !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JA JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JAC JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JACK JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

Skittles ( Hah , fooled ya !!!! )

05-23-03 03:39 PM
Factory Girl More importantly, Joey-is your avatar circumcised??
05-23-03 03:46 PM
Joey " More importantly, Joey-is your avatar circumcised?? "

Factory Girl ..................tonight , please ..................Come to Joey !

Joeykins
05-23-03 05:37 PM
parmeda Hey Mr. Neil...
welcome aboard!
05-23-03 08:54 PM
Gimme Shelter Welcome Beatle Neil!!!
05-23-03 09:23 PM
Beatle Neil Hello again and thanks for the warm welcomes Stray Cat/Mother Baby/Gimme shelter/TSYX/Nellcote
& Parmeda - received and understood. Data checked.
That's real good of you folks - Nice one! (as we say here) Love your avatar Joey - Best one on here.
Actually Nellcote, you'll be pleased to know I do indeed collect Stones recordings from 1962 to the present day, not just M.Taylor era - though I do have an obvious fondness of those years that made me take about half a second to decide upon what avatar I wanted - It just simply HAD to be something connected to 'Liver Than You'll Ever Be' so I uploaded the picture meself.
This cd renders the 'get ya ya-ya's out' LP useless.
It is T H E Bootleg. Oh yes.

Once again people - thanks for the vibes and words!

And, if you also happen to take offence at my 'inappropriate' screen-name....then God help you for being so uptight in the first place that you'd take umbrage at something so harmless as my choice of Net ID - because I ain't changing it. Noooooooo.....
[Edited by Beatle Neil]
05-23-03 09:43 PM
Mother baby well as I guess as it's not Beatle Paul, is ok.
05-23-03 10:08 PM
Martha Welcome to the board Beatle Neil. I can dig ya'!
05-24-03 12:28 AM
littleredrooster [quote]Beatle Neil wrote:

And before you ask......I'm a Taylorite!!

But yes, I do have special leanings towards the Taylor era.

WELCOME!

If you are a 'Taylorite' you are truly a man of wealth and impeccable taste!!!!!!

If Brian was alive today he'd look like Chuck Leavell!!!
Could the '6th Stone' be BRIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Roostah
[Edited by littleredrooster]
05-28-03 09:03 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
Beatle Neil wrote:
Beer wrote:
Pete Best & Stu Sutcliffe should have started a band.
Neil Replies:
Yeah - a Drum & Bass band, I guess.....

As for O'Grady, well, we won't dignify him here
with publicity now, will we.
Well J-Lips, you're in for a highlight of your life.
Saw Paul in Manchester and London in april -
Still buzzin'...
I forgot to mention - if anyone at all remembers the Jagger impersonator that used to ring up Tommy Boyd's 'human zoo' radio show every week a coupla years ago, I swear it was me. I can prove it. Did Dylan too.
Can someone please tell me just how many alt/live versions of 'Moon is up' there are in all? Must be a few...I hope so.

If you're a 'Jaggerette' J-lips, then what's the name here for a Keef boy? For that is I. I await my promotion.

Did everybody pay their dues?

I love Paul O'Grady ;-)

As for the Tommy Boyd show yes I heard them impersonations I also heard ones of Sly Stallone as well
Just made the Jaggeratte thing up sound feminine like myself, Keefist maybe for the Keith fans

ANYONE SEEN STELLA STREET AND MICK AND KEITHS CORNER SHOP! I LOVE IT!!

SCOUSERS RULE!
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003