ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt 13th June 2007
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: sad sad sad Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th June 2007 02:26 PM
ListenToTheLion After reading the reviews about Brussels: It's very sad how the Stones throw away their reputation.
You can call it a goddamn shame that someone has the nerve to appear drunk on a stage when the audience pay a lot of money to see you perform. It is arrogant and it shows how much you despise your fans. The Keith Richards mythe has become a sad joke.
Some facts: the audience is hardly interested, the setlists are predictable and boring, merchandising is repulsive, the playing is lousy, ticket prices are sky high, new songs are hardly being played and even the most simple licks and lyrics are too complicated for this band.
I hope this will be their final tour and let's hope they have the courage to face the facts: they are over the hill.
6th June 2007 02:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
After reading the reviews about Brussels: It's very sad how the Stones throw away their reputation.
You can call it a goddamn shame that someone has the nerve to appear drunk on a stage when the audience pay a lot of money to see you perform. It is arrogant and it shows how much you despise your fans. The Keith Richards mythe has become a sad joke.
Some facts: the audience is hardly interested, the setlists are predictable and boring, merchandising is repulsive, the playing is lousy, ticket prices are sky high, new songs are hardly being played and even the most simple licks and lyrics are too complicated for this band.
I hope this will be their final tour and let's hope they have the courage to face the facts: they are over the hill.

I was viciously attacked last year when I stated the same thing! Although, I don't disagree with the ticket prices being too high, I agree with plenty else that you have written. This is sad and we must all share in the humiliation.
6th June 2007 02:28 PM
BONOISLOVE I like music.
6th June 2007 02:30 PM
lotsajizz me too Pug...we told 'em so......
6th June 2007 02:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
I like music.

6th June 2007 02:33 PM
pdog In Oakland last year, Keith started playing about the 3rd song in... He was sparodic throughout the show...
6th June 2007 02:35 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

6th June 2007 02:39 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I was viciously attacked last year when I stated the same thing! Although, I don't disagree with the ticket prices being too high, I agree with plenty else that you have written. This is sad and we must all share in the humiliation.

Sorry I missed your statement. I am really sad it had to come to this point.
6th June 2007 02:41 PM
Joey
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
After reading the reviews about Brussels: It's very sad how the Stones throw away their reputation.

My Sweet , SWEET Ass !!!!

BEST FRIGGIN STONES YET !!!!!

Snuggles !
6th June 2007 02:44 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Joey wrote:

My Sweet , SWEET Ass !!!!

BEST FRIGGIN STONES YET !!!!!

Snuggles !

Dream on in your Omaha hammock
6th June 2007 02:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Omaha is the proud residence of the mighty Mr Toads!!!!

6th June 2007 02:54 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

You think he had another stroke?
6th June 2007 03:02 PM
Joey
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

I am serious ........... UNBELIEVABLE STONES !!!

6th June 2007 03:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I was viciously attacked last year when I stated the same thing! Although, I don't disagree with the ticket prices being too high,

They may not be "too high" based on the cost of living where YOU live, but they clearly are in the countries where they happen to be not selling.
6th June 2007 03:38 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Gazza wrote:

They may not be "too high" based on the cost of living where YOU live, but they clearly are in the countries where they happen to be not selling.

The ticket prices I could live with if the rest was okay.
6th June 2007 03:38 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

6th June 2007 03:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The market sets the price, if Cohl and Co. are able to get that price for the tickets, then that is the applicable market value of a ticket. They in essence are taking the profits back from the secondary ticket market. If I were able to triple the prices on the products I sell and still see significant sales and profits without alienating my customer base, I'd do it to.

Let's not kid ourselves and think that the local who buys one or two tickets to their local show as a customer base. Their base is large corporations and big time spenders who attend many shows. The Stones are not out there "doing it for the kids" (See: Fall Mini Tour), it is a business and a very profitable one.
6th June 2007 03:42 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
The Stones are not out there "doing it for the kids" (See: Fall Mini Tour), it is a business and a very profitable one.

Well it ain't rock n' roll, that's for sure.
6th June 2007 03:43 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The market sets the price,

This is total bullshit,

if Cohl and Co. are able to get that price for the tickets, then that is the applicable market value of a ticket. They in essence are taking the profits back from the secondary ticket market. If I were able to triple the prices on the products I sell and still see significant sales and profits without alienating my customer base, I'd do it to. [/quote]

If the Police or the Rolling Stones or any other band sell out a venue at those ticket prices, then it's an appropriate price for a ticket. If thousands of tickets go unsold, then tickets are priced too high. The only place where the market sets the prices IS the secondary market.

Sure, I think it's fair for them to charge what they want but I don't believe for a second it's the market setting the prices.
6th June 2007 03:46 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The market sets the price, if Cohl and Co. are able to get that price for the tickets, then that is the applicable market value of a ticket. They in essence are taking the profits back from the secondary ticket market. If I were able to triple the prices on the products I sell and still see significant sales and profits without alienating my customer base, I'd do it to.

Let's not kid ourselves and think that the local who buys one or two tickets to their local show as a customer base. Their base is large corporations and big time spenders who attend many shows. The Stones are not out there "doing it for the kids" (See: Fall Mini Tour), it is a business and a very profitable one.

I have always learned that you pay a high price only for a good product. Since the product is not good the price is too high. Result: many people don't show up. So it's bad business.
6th June 2007 03:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

This is total bullshit,

if Cohl and Co. are able to get that price for the tickets, then that is the applicable market value of a ticket. They in essence are taking the profits back from the secondary ticket market. If I were able to triple the prices on the products I sell and still see significant sales and profits without alienating my customer base, I'd do it to.

If the Police or the Rolling Stones or any other band sell out a venue at those ticket prices, then it's an appropriate price for a ticket. If thousands of tickets go unsold, then tickets are priced too high. The only place where the market sets the prices IS the secondary market.

Sure, I think it's fair for them to charge what they want but I don't believe for a second it's the market setting the prices.
[/quote]

sound theory, but you are basing your logic thinking that the end goal is sold out stadiums. It is not. WIth large guarantees in place, the goal is to maximize profit. having a stadium tarped off and 60% full at quadruple the prices of what it would take to fill the stadium is more profitable. Besides, dedicated fans who work very hard to find free tickets or fantastic deals such as yourself are rewarded with good seats through hard work as well.
6th June 2007 03:50 PM
mrhipfl it shouldn't be looked at as a fuckin business.
I'm looking forward to my next George Clinton show.
6th June 2007 03:50 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Besides, dedicated fans who work very hard to find free tickets or fantastic deals such as yourself are rewarded with good seats through hard work as well.

...with good seats AND a bad show.
6th June 2007 03:51 PM
Dan
quote:

sound theory, but you are basing your logic thinking that the end goal is sold out stadiums. It is not. WIth large guarantees in place, the goal is to maximize profit. having a stadium tarped off and 60% full at quadruple the prices of what it would take to fill the stadium is more profitable. Besides, dedicated fans who work very hard to find free tickets or fantastic deals such as yourself are rewarded with good seats through hard work as well.

But I know the goal isn't a sold out stadium. If the market set the price, there would be sold out stadiums in addition to massive profits. Sold out stadiums also mean more money spent on merch, parking and concessions. They have a decent business model but I still don't think the market sets the price. Cohl/Jagger/Richards do and there may be some market manipulation to maximize the profts.
6th June 2007 03:53 PM
Dan
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

...with good seats AND a bad show.

The less I spend on tickets the less the actual performance quality matters. Sometimes when I spend $0-20 I hope for trainwrecks, band members insulting the crowd or storming off in anger, riots etc just to break the monotony from going to so many shows that for the most part go really well, just a little too well.
6th June 2007 04:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

But I know the goal isn't a sold out stadium. If the market set the price, there would be sold out stadiums in addition to massive profits. Sold out stadiums also mean more money spent on merch, parking and concessions. They have a decent business model but I still don't think the market sets the price. Cohl/Jagger/Richards do and there may be some market manipulation to maximize the profts.

Cohl cannot claim concession sales, parking income, etc when proclaiming tour gross records. I will agree with you that there is market manipulation, but ultimately, Cohl has made the Stones very rich men and vice versa, they would not do this if the financial windfall was not this significant!
6th June 2007 08:46 PM
stonedinaustralia funny how a thread which begins by discussing the decline of keith's talents quickly becomes an economics discussion group

do people analyze rock and roll to the point of fiscal responsibility??

[Edited by John Maynard Keynes]

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
7th June 2007 02:31 AM
MrPleasant I only have two beers left.
7th June 2007 03:00 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
funny how a thread which begins by discussing the decline of keith's talents quickly becomes an economics discussion group

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]

Not so funny, because, if you think about it, soloing IS about "economics": knowing "how" and "when" to spend; which notes, farts, etc. And farts.
7th June 2007 03:04 AM
FotiniD Question: Why would people that believe the Stones are over / Keith is a joke / they can't even play their own songs etc. etc. still post on a Stones message board and actually give a shit about a band that seems so finished and done according to them?!?

If anyone can answer this, I'll be greatful. If you do think it's over, stop wasting your time with it and find a new hobby for crying out loud. That's what I'd do.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)