ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

After party in Buenos Aires, February 23-24, 2006
Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: OT: Monsters of Rock Return to archive Page: 1 2
31st May 2006 11:23 AM
Monkeytonk-man Just out of curiosity, anyone here heading to Milton Keynes Bowl this saturday to the monsters of rock festival?

Should be a good day of rocking, hope the weather stays nice, if not i'll be wading around in a bowl of mud, but thats part of the fun as well.

Any rockers here heading to see it?

Deep Purple
Alice Cooper
Jounrey
Queensryche
Thunder
Ted Nugent

Keep on Rockin!!!!
31st May 2006 11:27 AM
Maxlugar Heading to SEE it?

Crap, it doesn't look like anyone is going to PLAY it!

{Standing ovation}

Thank you. Really, thank you!

END.

FADE TO WWW.Maxlugar.com

31st May 2006 11:42 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Heading to SEE it?

{Standing ovation}

END.

FADE TO WWW.Maxlugar.com

Christ, that's posting on loan from God right there.
31st May 2006 11:46 AM
telecaster I was thinking about it but since Styx and REO Speedwagon backed out I decided not to go.....
31st May 2006 11:59 AM
sammy davis jr. Who in the hell is "THUNDER"? More like the pipsqueaks of rock.
31st May 2006 12:05 PM
Monkeytonk-man Sorry Maxluger - just didn't get it? what the hell you on about?

As for Thunder - fuckin great band - blues rock, very much like free, Bad company or early Whitesnake.

Let get Rockin!!!
31st May 2006 12:32 PM
Dan Semi decent line up, I just can't see it filling a stadium in any country. I have seen every band on that bill. When I saw who the hell is Thunder, they were billed above who the hell is Pearl Jam.
31st May 2006 12:36 PM
Monkeytonk-man hey man, i'll be the first to admit it's not the greatest monsters line-up thats ever been, personally I was hoping for Acca Dacca when it was announced.

But any monsters is better than no Monsters. It's true that by no means it will be a sell out show, but so what, it's an excuse for loads of rock fans to get otgether for the day and get their air guitars out.

So lets get rockin,

by the way, who the fuck in Mick Jagger??
31st May 2006 12:40 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
I was thinking about it but since Styx and REO Speedwagon backed out I decided not to go.....

31st May 2006 12:42 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

Christ, that's posting on loan from God right there.

Loans from God are good, stealing from Maxlugar is bad!
31st May 2006 12:42 PM
Honky Tonk Man Are Iron Maiden not on the bill? I don't like Heavy Metal really, but few bands have better record covers!

31st May 2006 12:43 PM
Dan I would definitely go if it was within an acceptable distance. I think AC/DC might have been in the running and were even offered some stadium/festival gigs in Europe but they haven't even started recording yet and I don't think we will see them until at least 2007.
31st May 2006 12:49 PM
Dan
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Are Iron Maiden not on the bill? I don't like Heavy Metal really, but few bands have better record covers!

Iron Maiden are wrapping up the new album and a world tour starts in November. I think all the UK dates are already on sale. Which means they can probably do it in 2007.
31st May 2006 04:32 PM
Joey " Loans from God are good,
stealing from Maxlugar is bad!"

31st May 2006 06:01 PM
MrPleasant Amateurs borrow but geniuses steal.
31st May 2006 09:56 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Heading to SEE it?

{Standing ovation}

END.

FADE TO WWW.Maxlugar.com

Hell, at least, I mean, at least the first two acts of the list should fairly be part of the favorite Rock'n'Roll bands of all time of every Stones fan.
1st June 2006 06:44 AM
Jumping Jack Alice Cooper has an outstanding band with him and is playing better than the 70s, and sounds more like the 70s than even the Stones. Do yourself a favor and check him out, you won't be disappointed!!! Word.
1st June 2006 12:24 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Alice Cooper has an outstanding band with him and is playing better than the 70s, and sounds more like the 70s than even the Stones. Do yourself a favor and check him out, you won't be disappointed!!! Word.

Alice Cooper was a great friend of Keith Moon !
1st June 2006 01:11 PM
Mr D
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
Deep Purple
Alice Cooper
Jounrey
Queensryche
Thunder
Ted Nugent
Keep on Rockin!!!!

that has to be the WORST festival line up i've ever seen. its like something from the 70's!

one thing is for sure. the only rocking that'll be done at the MKB will be from the rocking chairs the old fuckers in the crowd bring with them

jeez!

someone from the promoters booking office needs shooting and quick
1st June 2006 01:30 PM
Jumping Jack Moon and Coop were great drinking buddies. Bars loved them, a month's sales in one night, LOL! Back when rock stars were really men, Joeykins!!!

No cars in pools these days and damn few rock stars falling from trees for that matter. Boy bands and girlie-men.
1st June 2006 03:09 PM
Joey " Moon and Coop were great drinking buddies. Bars loved them, a month's sales in one night, LOL! Back when rock stars were really men, Joeykins!!!"

Amen My Brother

" No cars in pools these days and damn few rock stars falling from trees for that matter. Boy bands and girlie-men. "

Poofsters !!!!!

1st June 2006 03:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
Just out of curiosity, anyone here heading to Milton Keynes Bowl this saturday to the monsters of rock festival?

Should be a good day of rocking, hope the weather stays nice, if not i'll be wading around in a bowl of mud, but thats part of the fun as well.

Any rockers here heading to see it?

Deep Purple
Alice Cooper
Jounrey
Queensryche
Thunder
Ted Nugent

Keep on Rockin!!!!

I definitely would not be able to sit through this, even if I had a small "White Sox Championship" moment with Journey.
1st June 2006 03:15 PM
glencar Lame line-up!
1st June 2006 03:21 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Lame line-up!

1st June 2006 03:23 PM
Dan I would go if it was in close proximity. I have seen all bands on the bill previously.

Ted Nugent - would definitely show up early. Would be a 45 min set of the "hits" and about half that time would be the Cat Scratch Fever/Strangehold/Great White Buffalo finish. Regardless of his idiocy, he is still an entertaining performer.

Thunder - probably when I would stock up on food, water or whatever. or I might check them out. Cant remember any of their songs or the previous gig I saw.

Queensryche - formerly great band, material of the last decade is just plain boring. But if their set is anything like the one opening for Priest last year, it alone would make it worth the price of admission. Dont think they would concentrate on obscure early material for a stadium gig though. Seen them 6 times and all the opening sets with time restrictions were better than the one headline set I saw.

Journey - my first ever concert. Not sure if I could get into it again but I also dont see them playing for more than an hour

Alice Cooper - Seen him 7 times I think. Probably the best act of the bunch. Nice balance of great new material, classics and deep album cuts. Not sure if he will have the stage show or not, it doesn't matter

Deep Purple - Saw this lineup at the Wiltern. Great playing, great songs, just not very exciting and no longer a stadium headliner.

I bet I could get inside, early, for the equivalent of $20 USD
1st June 2006 03:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:
I would go if it was in close proximity. I have seen all bands on the bill previously.

Ted Nugent - would definitely show up early. Would be a 45 min set of the "hits" and about half that time would be the Cat Scratch Fever/Strangehold/Great White Buffalo finish. Regardless of his idiocy, he is still an entertaining performer.

Thunder - probably when I would stock up on food, water or whatever. or I might check them out. Cant remember any of their songs or the previous gig I saw.

Queensryche - formerly great band, material of the last decade is just plain boring. But if their set is anything like the one opening for Priest last year, it alone would make it worth the price of admission. Dont think they would concentrate on obscure early material for a stadium gig though. Seen them 6 times and all the opening sets with time restrictions were better than the one headline set I saw.

Journey - my first ever concert. Not sure if I could get into it again but I also dont see them playing for more than an hour

Alice Cooper - Seen him 7 times I think. Probably the best act of the bunch. Nice balance of great new material, classics and deep album cuts. Not sure if he will have the stage show or not, it doesn't matter

Deep Purple - Saw this lineup at the Wiltern. Great playing, great songs, just not very exciting and no longer a stadium headliner.

I bet I could get inside, early, for the equivalent of $20 USD

many would beleive that you were still ripped off.
1st June 2006 03:36 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

many would beleive that you were still ripped off.

Thats what usually happens when I want to make it inside in time for the opening act. Case in point - KISS in 1996 $10. KISS/Ted Nugent in 2000, $30.
1st June 2006 10:00 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Alice Cooper has an outstanding band with him and is playing better than the 70s, and sounds more like the 70s than even the Stones. Do yourself a favor and check him out, you won't be disappointed!!! Word.

Thank you Jesus... there is still reasonable people with good taste at this board. Bless you JumpingJack.

Alice indeed is playing more 70'ish than the great Stones themselves nowadays......
2nd June 2006 05:26 AM
Jumping Jack Coop's current sound is exactly what many here been praying for the Stones to go back to. When the Stones were ruling Europe in 73, AC was ruling America. If anything, he has stepped it up a bit since then with better players.
2nd June 2006 06:51 AM
corgi37 Wow, they are Monsters of rock?

Thats pretty weak shit. Hopefully Mr. Nugent can shoot a few people. Does he still do that crap with playing a note so high he breaks a glass?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)