ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Good night... sleep tide ;)
© Unkown Author but with thanks to Irina!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Willie Nelson & friends last night Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st June 2004 10:37 AM
Mel Belli I thought the "We Had It All" segment was pretty good, but the "Whole Lotta Shakin'" jam with Jerry Lee wasn't so hot. Getting Keith to play rhythm guitar is a lost cause.
1st June 2004 10:47 AM
jb Keith was excellent....Dylan awful, Lucinda Williams awful, Toots very good, Al Green so-so, Carol King awful, Toby Keith awful, Merle Haggerd very good, Ben Harper fanatastic, the rest too insignificant to remember...By the way, was anyone else annoyed when Kid Cock jumped on the piano and blocked Keith from view?
[Edited by jb]
1st June 2004 10:58 AM
Mel Belli I thought it was pretty crass, generally, how Kid Rock kept trying to upstage Jerry Lee. But then, there's not much left of Jerry Lee. Dude's on his last legs.
1st June 2004 10:59 AM
F505 Kid Rock again? He blocked Keith from view? In the old days Keith would have kicked this plebeian off stage.
1st June 2004 11:00 AM
gypsy I agree with you 100%, jb. Toby Keith is a big fat loser, who is about to get f*cked by Barry Switzer.
Yeah, Kid Rock is an obnoxious punk...and I wasn't happy that he blocked my view of Keith.
But, other than that, the show was great!
1st June 2004 11:22 AM
Bloozehound I enjoyed the show, I watched it twice. Everyone seemed to be in good spirits, & having a good time and that's what it's all about. Despite a few performances, I thought everyone looked, played & sounded really good.

Keith did a great job. I enjoyed his inclusion into the show & the three songs he was a part of. Did you check him guitar weaving with the Hag, lol.

I thought Jerry Lee's segment was pretty damn "killer", he showed he still had it.

1st June 2004 11:24 AM
Joey
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I thought the "We Had It All" segment was pretty good, but the "Whole Lotta Shakin'" jam with Jerry Lee wasn't so hot. Getting Keith to play rhythm guitar is a lost cause.

Mel , was Pam Anderson in attendance alongside her " boyfriend " Kid Rock ?!?!

Bercee !
1st June 2004 11:25 AM
jb Why did we have to sit through and 1hr and 45 minutes before we got Keith? I did like the hot blonde back-up singer....
1st June 2004 11:27 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Why did we have to sit through and 1hr and 45 minutes before we got Keith? I did like the hot blonde back-up singer....

www.ChristiShake.com
1st June 2004 11:27 AM
Bloozehound they saved the best for last
1st June 2004 11:39 AM
Phog I thought Keef sounded great. His playing was pretty tasty (acoustic and electric), and he kept the posing to a minimum. Dylan and Willie sounded a bit unrehearsed, but I still got a kick out of seeing them singing together. Toby Keith was lame. Kid Rock was wretched.
1st June 2004 11:40 AM
Bloozehound BS!

Kid Rock & Toby Keith Ruled the Day!
1st June 2004 11:52 AM
Mel Belli Joey, no Pam sightings, alas.

I thought they were on the outs...?
1st June 2004 11:55 AM
jb
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
BS!

Kid Rock & Toby Keith Ruled the Day!

1st June 2004 11:59 AM
LadyJane I taped it and haven't had the chance to see it yet. Now I can't wait!!!!

Busy getting ready to hit the sun of South Florida. Josh..I'll be in touch!!

LJ.
1st June 2004 12:02 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I taped it and haven't had the chance to see it yet. Now I can't wait!!!!

Busy getting ready to hit the sun of South Florida. Josh..I'll be in touch!!

LJ.

Be careful...it shall hit the low 90's today...make sure you use a good sunscreen.
[Edited by jb]
1st June 2004 12:03 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Hahaha, Dylan sounds like he's trying to sabotage the song. That man shouldn't be allowed to sing with anyone who still can sing (Jack White is OK because he doesn't sing, he kind of brays, and that's cool when they get together) His guitar playing's alright, though. I think alone they'd've sounded fine, but together, the pair of 'em just sound... awful. Dylan does hit that high note towards the end, which's rare for him these days.

"Nashville Skyline this ain't, Ronnie!"

Now I need an MP3 of Keith's performance! (Damn me for partying rather than seeing this!)

-tSYX --- The news is out...
1st June 2004 12:08 PM
jb Dylan and Ronnie should tour together ....
1st June 2004 12:09 PM
LadyJane SPF..30 and I've been tanning at the salon.

Thanks..I'll be careful.

See you soon!!!

LJ.

BTW...If jb and I do hook up...I'll have the camera..so ALL of you can share in the fun!!
1st June 2004 12:11 PM
F505 Well there is a new Live Aid coming up so the trio can be united: Keith, Ron and Bob
1st June 2004 01:24 PM
Saint Sway does anyone know if USA Network is going to replay this show anytime soon?

btw, *someone needs to remind Kid Rock that he was onstage with LIVING LEGENDS and that hes just a flash in the pan whose 15 minutes are quickly running out. He should show some respect to those guys.

(and by *someone, I mean, Keith. Its time that Keith put that jerk in his place)
1st June 2004 01:28 PM
glencar It's being repeated later in the week on USA. Check the listings. It's Fri or Sat at 2AM or something. I recorded it & am watching it now. Well, the last 20 minutes anyway!
1st June 2004 01:51 PM
Bloozehound when Keith took the stage he got the loudest applause from the audience of any artist that night - made me proud to be a Keith fan - almost put a tear in my eye
1st June 2004 02:48 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
does anyone know if USA Network is going to replay this show anytime soon?

June 5 at 3 pm and again over the July 4th weekend. Kid Rock needs to be bitch slapped.
1st June 2004 02:53 PM
Joey " June 5 at 3 pm and again over the July 4th weekend. Kid Rock needs to be bitch slapped. "

Come to Joey ......................

1st June 2004 02:54 PM
glencar Keith also had the flashbulbs going!
1st June 2004 03:53 PM
Mel Belli I loved the moment when Willie started soloing and this look of bliss came over Keith's face.

Haven't seen that look on his face in reaction to Ronnie in, oh, about 25 years.
1st June 2004 03:57 PM
jb
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I loved the moment when Willie started soloing and this look of bliss came over Keith's face.

Haven't seen that look on his face in reaction to Ronnie in, oh, about 25 years.

Thanks SAandrew.
1st June 2004 04:07 PM
Gazza Presuming the re-run on 5th June is the same length as the original broadcast, would some kind soul please tape the whole bloody thing and airmail me a copy?

You shall of course be rewarded for your trouble with some Stones boot CDs (unless theres somethin else youre looking that I can help with)
1st June 2004 04:22 PM
gypsy I recorded it also...if anyone REALLY wants a copy, I can dub one for ya.
I actually enjoyed the 2002 special more...where Keith sang "The Worst." I think it was one of the best renditions he had ever done. That one also had Ryan Adams, Norah Jones, Emmylou Harris, etc...I have that one on tape as well.
I just like that Keith gets such a thrill out of playing with those guys. He just genuinely loves playing...and probably loves getting chiba-faced w/ Willie as well!
Page: 1 2