ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Good night... sleep tide ;)
© Unkown Author but with thanks to Irina!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Willie Nelson & friends last night Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st June 2004 04:39 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
Dylan and Ronnie should tour together ....

Good one JB
1st June 2004 05:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Sorry, I missed it.
1st June 2004 05:49 PM
Joey

Thanks TTM
1st June 2004 06:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
Thanks TTM

You're Very Welcome, Most Excellent and Highly Esteemed Joey. (For what?)
1st June 2004 06:35 PM
MRD8 Gazza,
I'm transferring the VHS tape to 2DVDR's this week...I'll send you a copy as a birthday present!
1st June 2004 07:24 PM
Gazza God bless ya and all that sail in ya

Lots of my fave artists appearin' in that show. Look forward to seeing the whole thing!
1st June 2004 09:44 PM
FPM C10
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

June 5 at 3 pm and again over the July 4th weekend. Kid Rock needs to be bitch slapped.

Sorry - it's June 5 at 3 AM (EST).

Kid Rock still needs bitch-slapped. I mean, Toby fookin' Keith shouldn't 'a been there either, but at least he didn't get on top of the piano.
1st June 2004 10:08 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
I mean, Toby fookin' Keith shouldn't 'a been there either, but at least he didn't get on top of the piano.

The shows called Willie Nelson & friends, last I heard Willie & Toby are friends, plus Toby did a standup job on the show.

Besides who the fuck are you to dictate who deserved to be there anyhow, fleebit ?
1st June 2004 10:09 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Sorry - it's June 5 at 3 AM (EST).

Kid Rock still needs bitch-slapped. I mean, Toby fookin' Keith shouldn't 'a been there either, but at least he didn't get on top of the piano.

F Toby Queef!!!
1st June 2004 11:02 PM
SeerSuckersuit Gazza .... I have a friend who recorded it direct to DVD ... I'll do you a copy when mine gets here ....

Also, I believe they told us that night that the offical DVD was being released June 27th .....
1st June 2004 11:18 PM
LadyJane Just watched most of the show. Thumbs UP!!

Say what you will, show me Jerry Lee, Merle, Willie and Keith on stage, and I see living legends. Keith being "the Kid". And he played like "the Kid".

LJ.

1st June 2004 11:31 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Say what'cha will, but Kid Rock jumping up on the piano was pure bullshit. Jerry Lee said” Let’s take it down low" and wanted to bring the jam down but, Kid sabotages him and yells "Somebody scream"! Keith was outstanding in my opinion and he and Willie sounded really good together. I wasn't to impressed with Dylan and Willie though. Both have unusual vocals and didn't marsh together well. Bob will be playing in Salem Va next Wednesday, so I'm looking forward to that show for sure!
1st June 2004 11:47 PM
gypsy Too bad Kid Rock's little midget pal is dead...cuz he probably would have danced on the piano too...and then rapped along to the music.
1st June 2004 11:54 PM
glencar If anyone wants a DVD+R copy, PM me.
2nd June 2004 11:57 AM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Too bad Kid Rock's little midget pal is dead...cuz he probably would have danced on the piano too...and then rapped along to the music.

You raise an interesting point my Stonesian Princess .
2nd June 2004 12:38 PM
Nellcote Keith stole the show, and he had the crowd in his court.
Can't wait for the Killer's new disc with Keith & Mick on it....Hope it does not go the way of the Hubert Sumlin disc...Perpetual Limbo!
Will someone call Tommy Lee to go savage on Kid Rock, please? He is such an obnoxious bore. Maybe a celebrity death match Eminem vs. Kid Rock, where the winner and loser get sent to Najaf to fight Sadir?
JB, you can handle this, right?
2nd June 2004 01:38 PM
jb [quote]Nellcote wrote:
Keith stole the show, and he had the crowd in his court.
Can't wait for the Killer's new disc with Keith & Mick on it....Hope it does not go the way of the Hubert Sumlin disc...Perpetual Limbo!
Will someone call Tommy Lee to go savage on Kid Rock, please? He is such an obnoxious bore. Maybe a celebrity death match Eminem vs. Kid Rock, where the winner and loser get sent to Najaf to fight Sadir?
JB, you can handle this, right?
[/quote I'm afraid your Red Sox shall once again be left at the alter...
2nd June 2004 01:56 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Presuming the re-run on 5th June is the same length as the original broadcast, would some kind soul please tape the whole bloody thing and airmail me a copy?

You shall of course be rewarded for your trouble with some Stones boot CDs (unless theres somethin else youre looking that I can help with)

You're covered. I'll send it out tomorrow Gary. I taped two master's.
:-)

Dylan and Willie have distinctively DIFFERENT singing styles. Stop dissin' Bob.
Grrrrrrrrr................

2nd June 2004 02:57 PM
Nellcote Ah, JB, it's early yet. We've got Mahatma Francona @ the helm, he will get it done.
How are those 'Phins gonna be this year anyway?
You heard it hear first, Pats beat the Phins unbeaten streak..
2nd June 2004 03:01 PM
jb The Pats have really become a force these past few years...I agree, their history is now almost as glorious as the Phins.....Belichick is giving you the consistency that Shula gave us for almost 25 years...all to be ruined by fuck face Jimmy Johnson and the perenial loser Dave Wannstedt.
2nd June 2004 03:09 PM
Nellcote Yeah, what went wrong with Jimmy anyway? He did it with the 'Boys. Got to love his hair though, I heard it can take a Category 5 hurricane..Corey Dillon, back we got from Bengals, is already tired from early camp..says he's not ever worked this hard in the NFL, and this guy has run for multiple 1000 yd seasons...
2nd June 2004 03:13 PM
Joey

I like eggs .
2nd June 2004 04:18 PM
Ruby Tuesday Oh yeah, I would really like to get a copy of that show, too. No chance any TV station over here would broadcast that.
2nd June 2004 04:24 PM
jb Congrats on your 22nd post!!!
2nd June 2004 04:29 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Congrats on your 22nd post!!!

You make Joey smile .
2nd June 2004 11:24 PM
gypsy I bet that midget banged some fine ass chicks when he was touring w/ Kid Rock. That was one lucky midget...you just know other midgets were like "Damn, why can't I be like that?"
Page: 1 2