ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympia Stadion, Munich 6th June 2003
By Alexandra Winkler/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: what show would you like to see besides Stones? Return to archive Page: 1 2
05-29-03 12:20 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
jb wrote:
I hope this post does not result in a temporary suspension(i.e. 24-72 hrs) as I have tried to be polite and remain on topic despite the hateful posts I have been subjected to, particularly since my sister overdosed on methequalone(sic) in 1975 and therefore I could not be kissing her.
[Edited by jb]

Clearly, jb, you're not able to decipher between hate and a joke. And coming from you, quite hypocritical. Certainly, lack of knowledge regarding another's family history does not illustrate "hate that you've been subjected to".

And seeing you've illustrated, in detail, your sister's death, I apologize if I've stirred painful history.

05-29-03 12:30 PM
Joey " wont even mention any dead guys like Ramones with Dee Dee or The Who with Moon/Entwistle. "

Actually , THE WHO with Daltrey/Townshend/Starky/Palladino really really rocks hard ..................

I recommend seeing them -- Then thank me later .

JACKY !

05-29-03 12:33 PM
parmeda
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
I would add:
* Eric Clapton (I wish to see this hero one more time);
* Buddy Guy;
* B.B.King;
* George Thorogood;
* Johnny Winter;
* Johnny Rivers;
---Since you are mentioning dead guys and bands...
* AC/DC (With Bon Scott);
* Jimi Hendrix;
* Cream (definitely CREAM CREAM CREAM );
* Stevie Ray Vaughan;
* Judas Priest (in the 70's with Rob Halford);

Hey Flash! Your top 3 are playing on the same album that's planned to be released next Tuesday...

From Buddy's Website:

Silvertone Records is proud to release Blues Singer, the brand new acoustic CD from Buddy Guy, on June 3rd. Reminiscent of the classic blues album Folksinger by Muddy Waters, Blues Singer is pure blues from one of the most gifted living musicians. Guy takes this opportunity to interpret some classic blues songs from artists like John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, Skip James and Jack Owens. Eric Clapton and B.B. King accompany Guy with guitar solos on the track "Crawlin� Kingsnake." Clapton is also featured on the track "Lucy Mae Blues." Blues Singer comes on the heels of Buddy�s most critically acclaimed CD to date, Sweet Tea (2001).

Blues Singer was recorded in June 2002 with producer Dennis Herring (Counting Crows, Cracker, Jars Of Clay) at his Sweet Tea Studios in Oxford, MS. The CD was then mixed by Ed Cherney (Rolling Stones, Bonnie Raitt, Bob Dylan) and Engineered by Jaquire King (Tom Waits, Smash Mouth). Revered musicians like Jim Keltner on drums, Tony Garnier on upright bass, James �Jimbo� Mathus on guitar and slide guitar serve as Buddy�s backing band on most tracks. The distinctly unique timbre of Guy�s voice, along with the remarkable melody of the gifted musicians, is sure to garner attention to Blues Singer�s austere beauty.

Guy recently took part in an extrordinary Tribute To The Blues concert at Radio City Music Hall with such musicians as Solomon Burke, Bonnie Raitt, Ruth Brown, Aerosmith and B.B. King. Renowned for his live perfomances, Guy was singled out in reviews from the tribute concert as highlight of the show. "The evening seemed to belong to Buddy Guy" wrote Billboard. "The night�s leading figure was Buddy Guy" according to New York Daily News. While the New York Post exclaimed "it was Buddy Guy who stole the show." Further driving home the reality that Buddy Guy is one of the most significant and vital Blues musicians.

It's a MUST BUY...

[Edited by parmeda]
05-29-03 12:40 PM
jb No offense taken lazy Bones.
05-29-03 05:08 PM
cocksucker JB why did you stop posting? I only see posts of you once in a while, sir. I regret it. And what have become of your avator?
05-29-03 05:17 PM
KeepRigid Oklahoma!
05-29-03 11:28 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Hey Flash! Your top 3 are playing on the same album that's planned to be released next Tuesday...

Oh dear, Parmie sweetheart, you are the sweetest .....thank you very much darling! Great news! Take care honey!
About this "review", surely correct, Buddy's voice is kinda perfect. How about his guitar licks?
Sadly I didn't see Buddy last year in S�o Paulo. A great fault.

Thanks again!
See ya!
05-30-03 12:29 AM
gypsy WTF? No one wants to see the Eagles Farewell I Tour?!!! It's like I'm in the freakin' "Twilight Zone" or something!
05-30-03 10:46 AM
Joey " WTF? No one wants to see the Eagles Farewell I Tour?!!! It's like I'm in the freakin' "Twilight Zone" or something!"

<----- " The Eagles " is akin to the off yellow , sticky film of weeks old urine that collects under the toilet seat : Hardly ever seen and completely and viscerally disturbing when discovered .

05-30-03 02:51 PM
vampire I must say I understand JB quite well. I spent many many years listening only Stones all the time.

It's not something hard to do, actually its very pleasant.

Also, doing that, I have now about 350 Rolling Stones albuns, plus all solo stuffs from Stones & many boots, of course...

Of course I use to listen & buy other stuff too, but aint no fun...

Actually I bought thousands of other artist CDs and I still didnt listen them...Maybe my descendents will do that...

[Edited by vampire]
05-30-03 09:53 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:
" wont even mention any dead guys like Ramones with Dee Dee or The Who with Moon/Entwistle. "

Actually , THE WHO with Daltrey/Townshend/Starky/Palladino really really rocks hard ..................

I recommend seeing them -- Then thank me later .

JACKY !

Actually I saw the very first show of that lineup at the Hollywood Bowl. I guess it coulda rocked hard but it was a such a weird show and vibe to feel actually feel really rock hard under those circumstances. Funerals don't really do it for me.
06-01-03 07:03 AM
JaggaRichards I'd like to jump into Professor Whoopie's Wayback Machine and go to the 1950's and see:

JERRY LEE LEWIS
LITTLE RICHARD
CHUCK BERRY (before he became a bitter man)
EDDIE COCHRAN
ELVIS PRESLEY (before the Army & Col Parker cut is balls off!)
LITTLE WALTER
HOWLIN' WOLF
MUDDY
LOUIS PRIMA

Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003