ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympia Stadion, Munich 6th June 2003
By Alexandra Winkler/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: what show would you like to see besides Stones? Return to archive Page: 1 2
05-26-03 12:10 AM
Brown Sugar ...and never saw til now?
I�d love to see Neil Young (he was just once in Brazil, and i lost) & Lenny Kravitz. As long as I know, never came to here to concerts...

I imagine Cowboy Junkies would be good as well. Are they still together?

[Edited by Brown Sugar]
05-26-03 09:16 AM
Madafaka Pink Floyd. They never come here!
05-26-03 10:12 AM
steel driving hammer I've never saw these bands but would love to.

Dyaln,
The Who,
Tom Waits,
The Black Crowes,
Carreras, Domingo & Pavarotti,
The Dead,
Britany Spears,
Tom Petty.
05-26-03 11:58 AM
Gazza if youre including people no longer with us:
Elvis
Bob Marley
Sinatra
The Doors (I know theres 3 of them alive,but without Jim - who cares..)
Hendrix
Howlin' Wolf

but of living artists :

Brian Wilson
Steve Earle
Johnny Cash (who wont be touring again I'd imagine)
Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes
Red Hot Chili Peppers
..and Madge

I saw Patti Smith just over a week ago,so thats another one crossed off the list

[Edited by Gazza]
05-26-03 12:02 PM
Gimme Shelter I would like to see

the White Stripes
Van Halen (Reunited with David Lee Roth)
The Police (Reunited)
05-26-03 01:47 PM
FPM C10 Most of the folks I wanted to see I did, along with a load that I would gladly recant. Almost all of the artists I'd love to see are dead. They would include:

Bob Marley
The Beatles (just for the mythological element - I know that they were crap concerts as far a sight and sound goes)
Charlie Parker
William Burroughs (he did a lot of readings in punk clubs)
Howlin' Wolf
Robert Johnson (except I'm sure I'd have been a little out of place in a Mississippi juke joint in the 1930s)
The Mississippi Sheiks (ibid)
Skip James
Thelonious Monk
Billie Holiday
Lenny Bruce

The only current artists I'm fired up about seeing someday are the White Stripes.

05-26-03 01:58 PM
FPM C10 Can I add Patsy Cline and Hank Williams Sr to my list of artists I'd like to see?
05-26-03 02:00 PM
marko there isn�t many.........
Black sabbath
king crimson
pink floyd
frank zappa,,but he isn�t alive
05-26-03 02:14 PM
Lazy Bones For me, without a doubt, The Grateful Dead..#1. I've seen Phil Lesh & Friends a couple times; never Ratdog. Not the same though.
Blk Crowes probably #2.
05-26-03 02:22 PM
Gazza fuck,I forgot The Beatles....lol

josh will be pleased at that oversight,no doubt
05-26-03 02:35 PM
Gimme Shelter Of course I would have loved to seen the Beatles, but they quit touring three years before I was born. I have seen Paul three times and Ringo twice.
05-26-03 03:59 PM
J.J.Flash Great thread Brownie!

AC/DC, of course would be my 1st choice;
Deep Purple;
Whitesnake;
Alice Cooper;
Iron Maiden;
Bob Dylan (again);
Mick Taylor;
Jack Bruce;
Black Sabbath;

There are lots and lots. I would write a endless list.....
Later!
Cheers!
05-26-03 10:07 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL! You're right Gazza! That is the sad true.
05-27-03 12:50 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I sorta outgrew the Doors, but there was a time I would've LOVED to see them - back when Jim was alive. Saw 'em on a few TV shows rtecently. They are PATHETIC now, with that Cult dude dressed up for halloween - only Krieger is impressive and that's not enough to excuse the necrophilia. It's REALLY sad that they told everyone that Densmore wasn't playing because of tintinitus (sp?) when HIS band had a gig the same night as they did in LA. He's not there because he thinks it's beneath them, and he's RIGHT.

I'd like to add Memphis Minnie to my list.
05-27-03 01:27 AM
exile I would like to see David Bowie Live and The White Stripes

No way I did not know the Doors were planning a tour maybe they should have done it in the late 80's when that post oliver stone movie doors comeback thing happened.

still I would probably go and see it
I used to love the doors myself.

in the last 10 years i have had the good fortune to see pretty much all of the bands i wanted to see, Stones of course, The Black Crowes, ACDC, Aerosmith, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Rage against the Machine,Suede .... more which i cant remember.

Recently I saw Audio Slave and the Datsuns
05-27-03 02:22 AM
Moonisup Bo Diddley
05-27-03 07:13 AM
Honky Tonk Man Yes, Great Thread!

The Beatles
Elvis Presley
Buddy Holly
Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin

The list goes on....

Of todays bands, well i have pretty much seen everyone i like, except the Strokes. Will see them maybe at the end of this year. So here goes my list...

The Strokes

Alex
05-27-03 10:53 PM
corgi37 Boy,i have been hanging out since 1990 to see Neil young. He toured here in 89, got shocking reviews (it wasnt with Crazy Horse but some band called Stray Dogs) and has never been back. If i had a trusty time machine, i'd love to see The Doors in 69, The Who at Charlton Football Ground, and i guess Neil Young on the Weld tour. If i still had some juice in the old time machine, stones in New York or L.A. in 75, Stones at Hampton Roads 81, and fuck it why not be brave, Altamont. I would love to hook up with the fat naked guy and wack him with a pool cue too, just for being ridiculous looking.
05-28-03 12:29 AM
littleredrooster The Monkees
05-28-03 08:36 AM
J.J.Flash I would add:
* Eric Clapton (I wish to see this hero one more time);
* Buddy Guy;
* B.B.King;
* George Thorogood;
* Johnny Winter;
* Johnny Rivers;
---Since you are mentioning dead guys and bands...
* AC/DC (With Bon Scott);
* Jimi Hendrix;
* Cream (definitely CREAM CREAM CREAM );
* Stevie Ray Vaughan;
* Judas Priest (in the 70's with Rob Halford);

The new bands unfortunately doesn't "freaks me out", to me, there is no more music, no more good music, the RAW POWER, the new bands never will be the same as the bands from the old days.....
05-28-03 10:18 AM
jb None....if your a real Stones fan, listening to any other group is like kissing your sister.........
P.S.-Thanks Gerardo for bringing my avitar back...I missed myself.
[Edited by jb]
05-28-03 10:24 AM
David Van Morrison
05-28-03 10:35 AM
L&A Little Boy Blue and the Blue Boys
Blues Incorporated

05-28-03 11:08 AM
Dan I wont even mention any dead guys like Ramones with Dee Dee or The Who with Moon/Entwistle.

Probably the band I want to see the most is Therapy? from Belfast. They tour every year and put out a new album about 18 months but havent been to So Cal since 1996. Also the Pixies, Suicide Kings, Kinks, Stooges. Also have my fingers crossed that Melanie C, the most beautiful and talented woman who ever lived, will make it here again.
05-28-03 12:03 PM
Factory Girl Frank Sinatra
Led Zeppelin
Alice in Chains (again).
05-28-03 12:20 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
jb wrote:
None....if your a real Stones fan, listening to any other group is like kissing your sister.........
P.S.-Thanks Gerardo for bringing my avitar back...I missed myself.
[Edited by jb]

Ironic... Is that your sister in your avatar?

I really hope you don't mean that, Josh. If you do, well, you do. But it's too bad you can't/wont let yourself open up to a terrific past, present and future of music.

"It's all one song!"
05-29-03 09:22 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
jb wrote:
None....if your a real Stones fan, listening to any other group is like kissing your sister.........

Bullshit fella
05-29-03 09:39 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Ironic... Is that your sister in your avatar?

I really hope you don't mean that, Josh. If you do, well, you do. But it's too bad you can't/wont let yourself open up to a terrific past, present and future of music.

"It's all one song!"

LOL!
05-29-03 10:35 AM
jb It's not a question of being open minded, it's simply the fact that once you've listened to the Stones, you've listened to the greatest rock ever recorded, and why bother wasting time listening to music that just does not create the excitement for me as the Stones....When I listen to the Stones, it's more than music, it's the whole mythology behind their legend, visual images,concert memories , etc...
Obviously, at times , we all are forced to listen to other musicians, and as I have posted, I have attended many Springsteen, Petty, and Who concerts over the years....and yes, by and large, I enjoyed those performances...but they don't even come close to what the Stones do for me....
I fully understand that most who post here are music fans first, and the Stones are simply another one of the groups that many like as the popularity of the Beatles, Macca, Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Dylan clearly outranks the Stones in a majority of posters. I would say with the exception of myself and a select few, there are very few who really are 100% loyal to the Stones like me. I understand this causes resentment, particularly among Beatles fans, who constantly attempt to silence my voice, but ultimately, I must be true to myself, as the #1 Stones fan on all of the various sites. I refuse to allow myself to be intimidated by the hostile responses from the many of you who should really be posting on a Beatles site and not here. I hope this post does not result in a temporary suspension(i.e. 24-72 hrs) as I have tried to be polite and remain on topic despite the hateful posts I have been subjected to, particularly since my sister overdosed on methequalone(sic) in 1975 and therefore I could not be kissing her.
[Edited by jb]
05-29-03 10:51 AM
Nellcote I am quite satisfied at this time.
All that I would desire to see, I will see in the future.
Those would be, in no particular order...

Jimi Hendrix
Howlin Wolf
Rory Gallagher

Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003