ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Pierre Fournier
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bon Jovi bashes Stones again Return to archive Page: 1 2
29th May 2006 05:26 AM
Ten Thousand Motels BON JOVI: 'I WON'T BE LIKE THE STONES'

Rocker JON BON JOVI finds the aging ROLLING STONES a musical embarrassment and vows to retire at the right age. The KEEP THE FAITH singer wants to grow old gracefully away from the stage and admits he finds it amazing the Stones are still rocking in their sixties. Bon Jovi, 44, says, "I won't be like the Stones. "You probably heard KEITH (RICHARDS) fell out of a tree a few days ago. I don't envision myself being like that. "The minute that this is all nostalgia, that it's the fat guys, I'm out. Until then, I can't stop."

29/05/2006 07:43
contactmusic.com
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
29th May 2006 05:44 AM
Jaxx "when the world gets in my way, i say--have a good day" what profound lyrics. give me a break already.

bon jovi is a flaming idiot. his music can't hold a candle to that of the stones. in fact, while shopping one day, i heard a bon jovi tune in the elevator music mix that suspiciously sounded like "out of tears"--quite possibly because of stolen riffs.
he ought to wake up and smell the coffee as he can only dream of a rock n roll career remotely close to that of the rolling stones.

29th May 2006 06:39 AM
Stray Cat UK He should climb a tree and then hang from it by his neck !

They are finishing their Euro tour in my city and have so far sold 15000 seats from a possible 25000 and are having to discount to £30.00 to try to shift them. It might be worth going just to boo the twa*s !!!!!!!!!!

They have been an embarrasment since 1983.
29th May 2006 07:02 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
BON JOVI: 'I WON'T BE LIKE THE STONES'

Rocker JON BON JOVI finds the aging ROLLING STONES a musical embarrassment and vows to retire at the right age. The KEEP THE FAITH singer wants to grow old gracefully away from the stage and admits he finds it amazing the Stones are still rocking in their sixties. Bon Jovi, 44, says, "I won't be like the Stones. "You probably heard KEITH (RICHARDS) fell out of a tree a few days ago. I don't envision myself being like that. "The minute that this is all nostalgia, that it's the fat guys, I'm out. Until then, I can't stop."

29/05/2006 07:43
contactmusic.com

CHRIST ON A BIKE!!!!!
29th May 2006 07:02 AM
rollmops Fuck you Bon Jovi!!!!You, piece of shit... and I am not even fat.That cunt dis the stones; just one more reason to hate that hairy bozo even more.
Mops

29th May 2006 08:13 AM
Steel Wheels I don't get his connection with nostalgia, the tree climb, and anything else he said.

Bonk Jovi is not on my radar. Sorry...it's music for women who don't know any better. Actually, I want more average people listening to their music so they can glow in the success of being average.

Meanwhile, 40 years into it, the Stones are sounding better than ever in the studio and on the road.

29th May 2006 08:47 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Poor Bon Jovi.

BON JOVI: TOO HANDSOME

World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)
2006-05-29

Rocker JON BON JOVI found his good looks interfered with his musical talent.

The LIVIN' ON A PRAYER singer thinks his fame in the 1980s was too image based and fans didn't concentrate enough on his songwriting and singing abilities.

Bon Jovi says, "I hated (the focus on looks). Hated it.
"We'd written SLIPPERY WHEN WET, and we were sitting there going, 'Right on! We got three No 1 singles, this is the biggest-selling record in America. And we're on the cover of the Rolling Stone!' "And then the first thing a girl talks about is, 'Your hair looks nice. Will you take your shirt off for me? Got any tattoos?'"

29th May 2006 08:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
Poor Bon Jovi.

BON JOVI: TOO HANDSOME

World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)
2006-05-29

Rocker JON BON JOVI found his good looks interfered with his musical talent.

The LIVIN' ON A PRAYER singer thinks his fame in the 1980s was too image based and fans didn't concentrate enough on his songwriting and singing abilities.

Bon Jovi says, "I hated (the focus on looks). Hated it.
"We'd written SLIPPERY WHEN WET, and we were sitting there going, 'Right on! We got three No 1 singles, this is the biggest-selling record in America. And we're on the cover of the Rolling Stone!' "And then the first thing a girl talks about is, 'Your hair looks nice. Will you take your shirt off for me? Got any tattoos?'"

and of course he hated it so much he was still fighting against it years later, as you can see...

what a fuckin' tossbag. I'll give him some credit though - his quotes are inadvertently entertaining and give us plenty of ammunition

[Edited by Gazza]
29th May 2006 09:28 AM
gimmekeef What amazes me is a guy that can play like Samboro cant get a better gig than this dweeb?..And Bon Jovi??...The guy was never anything for chrissakes..Theres nothin to walk away from!....
29th May 2006 09:35 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I feel sorry for ANYONE, even Bon Jovi, who suffers from mental illness.

delusions of grandeur:

a delusion (common in paranoia) that you are much greater and more powerful and influential than you really are.

Delusions of grandeur are a kind of paranoid delusion particularly associated with manic illness. However, some people hold such a delusion without other manifestations of mania, and without relapsing into the relapsing course typical of manic-depressive illness. In such cases the diagnosis of paranoid state is made.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
29th May 2006 10:17 AM
GotToRollMe
"BON JOVI: 'I WON'T BE LIKE THE STONES'"

Jonny boy, you have nothing to worry about. You'll NEVER be even CLOSE to what the Stones are.

29th May 2006 10:31 AM
Chuck Bon Jovi is good...

...for me to poop on.
29th May 2006 10:36 AM
sirmoonie Bon Jovi actually sucks as bad as Ted Nugent, and its very difficult to suck that much. See the Eagles. See Motley Crue. See diet beer. See George Walker Bush III.
29th May 2006 10:40 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Bon Jovi actually sucks as bad as Ted Nugent, and its very difficult to suck that much. See the Eagles. See Motley Crue. See diet beer. See George Walker Bush III.

WORD!!!!
I knew there was I reason I liked you!!
29th May 2006 10:44 AM
MrPleasant My co-worker thinks that Bon Jovi sings pretty. So fuck you.
29th May 2006 11:01 AM
gorda Back when I was in high-school, I used to think Bon Jovi was soooooooo cool!

Of course, I used to wear flowered-print jackets with pearls and perm my hair, and I thought that was cool, too!
29th May 2006 12:21 PM
PeerQueer [quote]Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I feel sorry for ANYONE, even Bon Jovi, who suffers from mental illness.

delusions of grandeur:

a delusion (common in paranoia) that you are much greater and more powerful and influential than you really are.

Delusions of grandeur are a kind of paranoid delusion particularly associated with manic illness. However, some people hold such a delusion without other manifestations of mania, and without relapsing into the relapsing course typical of manic-depressive illness. In such cases the diagnosis of paranoid state is made.

_________

JB?
29th May 2006 12:29 PM
the good
quote:

BON JOVI: 'I WON'T BE LIKE THE STONES'

Truer words have never been spoken.
29th May 2006 12:52 PM
The Wick Oooooooooooh, she's a little runaway-

Says everything about Jon Bonponcey. The talent is unbelievable.
29th May 2006 01:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
JB?

Yeah. Jon Bonjovi
29th May 2006 01:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Bon Jovi Glad He's Not A Druggie Like Pete Doherty

by Scott Colothan on 5/29/2006
gigwise.com

Bon Jovi says he’s glad he’s not a drug addled rock star like Pete Doherty.

The singer says he is glad that he has managed to stay clear of narcotics and prefers fine wines instead.

Referring to drug-using rock stars, he said: "Those people get a lot more attention. Like Pete Doherty. I hear he's great. But I've never heard a Babyshambles song in my life… I'd rather be doing what I'm doing.”

He continued to The Guardian: "I have a nice wine habit, but I was never into drugs. Why do I need something that's going to grind my teeth all night and won't let me get it on with a woman.”
29th May 2006 01:18 PM
speedfreakjive bon jovi = novice
29th May 2006 01:21 PM
BONOISLOVE STOP BASHING BON JOVI! AT LEAST I'M SURE THAT HE WASHES HIS HAIR!!!!
29th May 2006 01:36 PM
telecaster
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
WORD!!!!
I knew there was I reason I liked you!!

Bon Jovi sucks worse than boxed wine

29th May 2006 01:42 PM
caro He does make sense, partly. I don't envision myself falling from a coconut tree either. That's why I chose myself a hero who does!
I don't really agree with that "fat guys" criteria to define the moment when a band is over,though. Since the number of different ways to sweat/suck/implode the fat out of your body dramatically increases as soon as you get rich...
IMHO, Sunglasses are a far better indicator. As in "when do ALL the members of a band suddenly start to wear Ray Bans even though the singer used to have that intense stare that looked so, well, authentic?"
See?
|
|
|
V

..and the good thing with that criteria is : you can find a pic of just about any band you dislike and act like you just proved that they suck.
See?
|
|
V

[deleted by Bon Jovi]

[Edited by caro]
29th May 2006 01:48 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
What amazes me is a guy that can play like Samboro cant get a better gig than this dweeb?..And Bon Jovi??...The guy was never anything for chrissakes..Theres nothin to walk away from!....

Sambora sucks horse dild
[Edited by HardKnoxDurtySox]
29th May 2006 01:52 PM
Gazza
quote:
Why do I need something that's going to grind my teeth all night and won't let me get it on with a woman.”

I have the exact same problem when I hear his songs on the radio
29th May 2006 01:52 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Bon Jovi sucks worse than boxed wine

and don't forget the Cheezits!
29th May 2006 06:01 PM
IrelandCalling4 I went to see Jon Bon & his band of Jersey rockers in Dublin last weekend,and,they were good,at times very good,but,very far from great.

While I like quite a few of their songs,I have to say that the band,personally,have always been self-aggrandising and extremely smug. Read ANY interview from throughout their career,and,if there isn't a plethora of self-reverential twaddle in it,it was an 'Off' day for the smug gits.

Jon compares his songs to Dylan,he claims the new 'Bells of Freedom' is,and,I quote,"a little brother or a companion piece to Dylan's Chimes of Freedom". He compared the song writing on 2000's 'Crush' to masters like Tom Waits. Quoth smug Jon: "I think with this album,lyrically,we made an album that my heroes like Tom Waits & Bob Dylan would be proud of". For f*cks sake...

I thought Sting was the uber-smug King of Rock'n'Roll untill Jon Bon Jovi came along....Sambora is equally as grating,peppering most interviews with references to his own 'American Dream' of moving from Bayou New Jersey to a palatial pad in New York's rich block and writing "classics that millions love"(direct quote).

In a rare,a VERY rare moment of Jon being humble,he professed in 1996 that he'd "love to be half as cool,for half as long,as the stones are". 'Nuff said.

[Edited by IrelandCalling4]
29th May 2006 06:07 PM
Madafaka
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

"BON JOVI: 'I WON'T BE LIKE THE STONES'"

Jonny boy, you have nothing to worry about. You'll NEVER be even CLOSE to what the Stones are.

I was thinking exactly the same...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)