ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Beggars Banquet's sessions - Olympic Sound Studios, London - 10th June 1968
No Expectations and Sympathy For The Devil
Dean Goodhill

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I GOT TIX! Return to archive Page: 1 2
05-22-02 09:41 PM
Cardinal Ximinez ...in the mail today! I nearly jumped out of my skin....it was my MSG tix...I think getting your hands wrapped around
Stones tix is one of the greatest things in life.
05-22-02 09:46 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Card, just wondering if you're going to make it to the DC show? If so, well have to hook up, I'll return the favor that you did for me earlier this year. Maybe some good Va smoke!
05-22-02 09:55 PM
gypsy I know how you feel, Cardy! Every time I wrap my hands around KeepRigid, I get really excited!
05-22-02 11:33 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Really? Doesn't take much to get you excited, now does it!?!

And Keep...don't even bother having your "lawyer" threaten me....my lawyers can beat the ever livin' peckersnot out of yours, any day of the week. Not to mention drink you...I mean, your "lawyer" under the table....

In other words, nanky and moonie got my legal back....you are toast pal.
05-23-02 12:29 AM
KeepRigid "And Keep...my lawyers can beat the ever livin' peckersnot out of yours, any day of the week."

Oh Lord, I can hear [KeepRigidsLawyer] now when he reads this...cuz, he's already been in some pretty high-level negotiations trying to snag himself a stint on Celebrity Boxing III, and he's been looking for a good theme.

"Not to mention drink you...I mean, your "lawyer" under the table...."

Okay Cardy, now why are you so interested in getting my "lawyer" under the table?

Btw, hey, I also got my tix today! Yep, those sweet tix I scored the other day (I'm thinking now maybe it was F3)...tix for every single show on the tour, and some that aren't!
05-23-02 01:10 AM
gypsy I might add that KeepRigid and I are not taking a limo to any of the shows. However, Keep & I do enjoy laughing at your posts about this limo. Did limos suddenly become 'in style' again? The last time I thought a limo was 'cool' was at some birthday party when I was about ten-years-old...I believe we took a limo to the local skating rink.
05-23-02 10:41 AM
nankerphelge The good Cardinal has two of the best lawyers money can buy.

No shrinking violets here, I can tell you. Litigators to the core.

The "Scorched Earth" Twins.

If we don't win at trial (which we always do), we take you out back behind the courthouse and smack the livin shit outta ya!

Hey Moonie, what are we doing at West 8th St. and Sixth Avenue?

05-23-02 10:53 AM
Moonlight Mile Drinking fo'ties out of a brown paper bag and hanging out just waiting to get into something new . . . like a big giant ass limousine blaring Exile on Mainstreet and dragging a blimp behind it!!!
05-23-02 11:17 AM
FPM C10
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I might add that KeepRigid and I are not taking a limo to any of the shows. However, Keep & I do enjoy laughing at your posts about this limo. Did limos suddenly become 'in style' again? The last time I thought a limo was 'cool' was at some birthday party when I was about ten-years-old...I believe we took a limo to the local skating rink.

You know, it RUINS a joke when you have to explain it - but taking a limo to see the Stones is PERFECT for those of us who are actually doing it, and the fact that it is perhaps a bit incorrect and not completely au courant makes it better and more apropos of the Stones. Like the Black and Blue billboard or "Brown Sugar", the fact that it gets a rise out of someone -you, in this case - makes it better. I hope you enjoy the trip to the show in your Honda Civic, but I bet WE'LL have more fun.

There is also a matter of utility - we need a mode of transportation that will allow a whole bunch of us to hang together, schmooze and imbibe before the show, and I'm pretty sure we'd get kicked off public transit real quick.

This is a lot like C10 - we're kidding, but we're serious, and you'll never know when we're kidding about being serious, because you're not C10. And if you're tired of hearing about the limo NOW, wait'll September! After Riffhard and I get done puking out the back door - no, wait, we can each have our OWN door to puke out of - there will be no stopping us.
05-23-02 11:48 AM
KeepRigid "The "Scorched Earth" Twins."

Nanky, that is a GREAT nickname for the ring, and KeepRigidsLawyer loves it! He is really getting psyched up for this thing! This morning, he even cancelled a teleconference with the media (which I've NEVER seen him do before) in order to focus solely on the Celebrity Boxing.

"the fact that it is perhaps a bit incorrect and not completely au courant makes it better and more apropos of the Stones. Like the Black and Blue billboard or "Brown Sugar"....I hope you enjoy the trip to the show in your Honda Civic, but I bet WE'LL have more fun."

Well, personally, I love the limo idea. And if it's possible, even more so now- after this presupposition that it is not only taboo but a symbol of great wealth as well.

"There is also a matter of utility - we need a mode of transportation that will allow a whole bunch of us to hang together, schmooze and imbibe before the show"

This trip is going to be crazy mad, and I am definitely going to hang with you guys if I spot the limo/blimp! I also have a pre-concert ritual that I will be indulging in, I may even buy gypsy an `84 Honda Civic just to make it all the more trashy this time.
05-23-02 12:04 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Keep...tell your "lawyer" to pick me as his opponent for celebrity boxing match...I'll be Tonya Harding to his Paula Jones....I'll do some facial reconstruction...make him prettier!

FPM....how'd Dandy make out with Atilla The Hun...I mean getaccess?

You're right about the C10 too....if you ain't in it, you prolly don't know what the hell we're going on about....10 guys, 8 states, 2 continents....1 mind.

05-23-02 12:12 PM
steel driving hammer Got mine by the U.S. Mail too yesterday!

Rain or take the shine right off yer shoes!
Shit hope it doesn't rain that night.

05-23-02 01:32 PM
gypsy Jeez, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset your little applecart with my post about your limo. I assumed you needed a limo since some of you guys drink quite a bit, and are probably morbidly obese.
05-23-02 01:59 PM
Riffhard . I assumed you needed a limo since some of you guys drink quite a bit, and are probably morbidly obese.

Now gypsy,I take offense to that statement.There is absolutly nothing morbid about my obesity.It's rather cute and cuddly in a lardass kinda way!

300 pounds of heavenly joy!
"Howlin Wolf"

Riffhard Blimp 5,MSG 50,morbidly obese,pukeing out of the back of the limo 15
05-23-02 03:30 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Hey!

I'm not obese at all....6' even, 200 lbs....hell, I'm perfectly svelte! I get mistaken for a pro wrestler, and I'm not talking about Kamala The Ugandan Headhunter either!

I think the limo is cool. And I don't really give a shit what anybody else thinks! The Stones ride in Limos...they write songs about Limos....they get ass from supermodles in the back of Limos...what's not to like!?!
05-23-02 03:34 PM
gypsy what's a "supermodle?"
05-23-02 04:03 PM
Cardinal Ximinez It's a typo....or are you really THAT blonde?
05-23-02 04:06 PM
gypsy ask KeepRigid...he knows!
05-23-02 04:15 PM
Cardinal Ximinez I didn't ask if you were a natural blonde or blonde all over...I just wondered if you were too stupid to recognize a typo...
05-23-02 04:16 PM
steel driving hammer Marc I'm prolly fatter than you are Maxlugar now...

Sersiously.

But I'm a man, not a machine.
05-23-02 04:20 PM
Joey Gypsy..............are you a natural blond ?

Questions like this weigh heavily on my " stressed - to -the - limit soul "

Club Joey

05-23-02 04:28 PM
gypsy You silly, silly Cardinal! Of course I knew it was a typo.
I also know that you probably have wondered if I am a natural blonde or not...Surely, the thought has crossed your perverted little mind.
05-23-02 04:53 PM
Riffhard the thought has crossed your perverted little mind.

gypsy,again I must take umbrage on this remark.
There is nothing little about the good Cardinal's perverted mind!

Thank you,
Riffhard
05-23-02 05:05 PM
Joey Shaved ????????????????

I's got to know !

05-23-02 05:58 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Actually, no...I'm really not all that interested...I'm never gonna be burying my face in it...so what's the point? It doesn't matter.

Besides, who wants Keep's sloppy seconds....yeccchhh.
05-23-02 06:31 PM
KeepRigidsLawyer "Besides, who wants Keep's sloppy seconds....yeccchhh."

Okay, here's the deal.

KeepRigidsLawyer has a standard contract whereby he gets to use Keep's Barcalounger and also has first dibs on all of Keep's sloppy seconds- BUT, gypsy is like some kind of demon from hell some nights...in which case, KeepRigidsLawyer doesn't get to come to the table until much later.

Now, on the rare occasion that KeepRigidsLawyer proves unavailable- I don't know, maybe let's say a major court battle out of state, for example- and, assuming that Gypsy has already milked and depleted Keep within nanoseconds of sending him to some sort of afterlife...then I suppose it would just be a question of who is the more svelte amongst you.

[Edited by KeepRigidsLawyer]
05-23-02 08:05 PM
Dandelion* Oy. Good grief. grumble, groan, moan, weeping and gnashing of teeth.

bewail, bemoan; "waft a sigh from Indus to the pole" [Pope]; sigh "like a furnace" [As you Like It], cry out lustily, rend the air. frown, scowl, make a wry face, gnash one's teeth, wring one's hands, tear one's hair, beat one's breast, roll on the ground, burst with grief.

complain, murmur, mutter, grumble, growl, clamor, croak, grunt, maunder; deprecate de profundis; les larmes aux yeux. alas! alack! O tempora O mores! "if you have tears prepare to shed them now" [Julius Caesar]; interdum lacrymae pondera vocis habent [Ovid]; "tears such as angels weep" [Paradise Lost].

-----------------------------------------------------------

These "bits" (for lack of a better word) are NOT working. They just don't have that edge.

They don't even have that Bono...(rimshot...please...)

Keeprigid and Gypsy need to be bitchslapped. Hard. REALLY hard. You too SS - for encouraging it. Makes one miss the good old days when one had to be a bit bent...I hear a storm is a threating over in Gasland. Ciao.

ps Cardinal - We are in Tower. It was through the fanclub. Overly picky special screening software problem. They are sorting through fraud right now - I would keep that ticket page up and hit that refresh a lot while you're online if I were you. There will most likely be more theater tickets bouncing back.
05-23-02 08:32 PM
gypsy oh, shut up, dandelion*
05-23-02 08:52 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Of COURSE these bits are working....they are working for me anyhow...And that's all that matters...

You think I'm doing this to entertain you? Heck no, I'm doing it to entertain ME! Wait till I start doing potty jokes!

Congrats on the Tower! I hope your tribulations are worth it....aw heck, we all know it'll be worth it.

Tell Stormy to watch out...I wanna pee on his shoes...
05-23-02 08:56 PM
Joey Your young Joey never goes for " Sloppy Seconds " .

Oh Hell no !!!!!......not even " Disgusting Thirds " or " Filthy Fourths "

But " Revolting Fifths " ......ahhhhhh THAT's another story . Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Just the sweet thought of it moves Joey to song :

"Here by the sea and sand
Nothing ever goes as planned,
I just couldn't face going home
It was just a drag on my own.
She finally threw me out
I got drunk on 2000 Man's stout,
And I couldn't stand on two feet,
As she lectured about morality.
Now I guess the families complete,
With me hanging round on the street
Or here on the beach.

The gypsy I love
Is a perfect dresser,
Wears every fashion
Gets it to the tee.
Heavens above,
I got to match her
She knows just how
She wants her man to be
Leave it to me.

I see her dancing
Across the ballroom
UV light making starshine
Of her smile.
I am the face,
She has to know Joey .......
she's dressed up better than anyone
Within a mile.

Come sleep on the beach
Keep within my reach
I just want to die with you near
I'm feeling so high with you here.
I'm wet and I'm cold
But thank God I ain't old
I should have split home at fifteen
Why didn't I ever say what I mean?
There's a story that the grass is so green,
What did I see?
Where have I been?

Nothing is planned, by the sea and the sand "

Ok , so Quadrophenia is now playing at Casa de Joey .....can I help it if everyone is currently buying Jones' Beach WHO tickets ....even Jim Cramer , yes , THAT Jim Cramer of " Kudlow and Cramer " is going to Jones' Beach to see the Who again this summer.......

It must be the Sea Air !!!!!!!!

Cramer Joey von Sea

Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.