ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Columbia Airport 1994
© Mark Seliger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Percentage of Time Listening To The Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 23rd, 2004 12:07 PM
T&A citger:

exactly! so little time! And, the saddest and most anxiety-provoking part of it is - there's less and less time (as we age) to listen to more and more! That's why I tend to look less and less for "new territory" and refine what I already know I like....
May 23rd, 2004 11:33 PM
stonedinaustralia hard to put figure on it - one week i'll listen to nothing but stones - then i may not listen to any for 2-3 weeks - however, like sirm, i went through a phase (that seemed to last for years) when i'd listen to the stones constantly and i'm one for broadening my listening experiences not confining them to what i know i already like

not wishing to rain on the parade so to speak - but i'd mention that (jb & joey to the contrary) listening to music is a bit like posting - it is a qualitative not a quantitative thing - you can "hear" something 20 times but you may get more out of it by "listening" just the once
May 24th, 2004 05:30 AM
luxury1 I never did catch on to how to do percents, but I would have to say 2 hrs a day--sometimes more, when the house needs a good cleaning.
May 24th, 2004 06:37 AM
steel driving hammer About 94.7%

In Blues terms it's 99 and 1 half degree.
May 24th, 2004 07:12 AM
Zack I'll say 60 percent, with the other core British invasion bands another 30, and 10 percent jazz and classical, with a smattering of reggae and r&b.
Page: 1 2