ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Happy 66th Birthday Charlie!"
"Don’t ever call me your fucking drummer! You’re my fucking singer!"
(Charlie to Mick, Amsterdam, mid-80's)
© 1965 Jeri Holloway (Web Premier of this picture tonight)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith in Pirates - My review Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th May 2007 11:34 PM
jaggergurl
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Just got back from Pirates 3, and let me tell you one thing: Keith was BORN the part. It's not an act, it's a practical on-screen exhibition of what he's been through and what he's learned in life Pirate, man!!

The movie is full of weird plot twists and from one point onwards it gets really difficult to follow unless you're 100% concentrated and fully rested....

I don't want to ruin the element of surprise for you guys, so I can't reveal much. There are two Keith scenes, one that lasts a few minutes and another brief shot later on. They're both so great I'm glad they're towards the end of the film, otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep watching, I'd want to go back to another cinema and watch it all over again Can't wait for the DVD already.

He's dark, he's nasty, he's menacing - what the hell, he's Keith. Now all you go out and watch the movie so we can discuss details about it

P.S. I tried hard not to start shouting "KEITH!!!" while all the ignorants teens and pre-teens sitting next to me were wondering: "Who is this? Oh, the guy that plays Jack's dad? Nah... Oh yeah? Yeah, that's him!".
Also: this cameo should have been a REAL role. Our man knows how to play.

that is the perfect review of the movie, Fotini.. I squealed when Keith came on.. and then the showing of his skull ring... Keith was perfect.. the rest of your review is perfect, too!!

Orlando was looking very good in this one... Johnny is wonderful and hysterical, as always
26th May 2007 12:42 AM
Bloozehound I'll catch it on DVD on the 55" sony, grindhouse rulez the day
26th May 2007 12:49 AM
glencar
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Mikey, that's EXACTLY how I felt watching it. Wild indeed.
Glencar, I think that reviewer must have watched another movie...

Yes, Fotini, that reviewer has his/her head up its ass! I can't wait to see this on Tuesday.
26th May 2007 01:05 AM
Highwire Rob Great to hear this review! I'll be seeing Pirates with my elderly parents on Sunday!

Also, I finally got my cover of Rolling Stone magazine. On a ~9x10" photo frame, there's an obvious reason why Keef and Johnny have their arms around one another. To show off their skull rings!
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
26th May 2007 01:40 AM
Altamont If any of you left the theatre before the credits ended, here is the final scene, someone put it up on youtube. It's nothing great though

26th May 2007 02:56 AM
Gimme Shelter Just saw the movie and I thought Keith was great!!!!
26th May 2007 10:23 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I'll catch it on DVD on the 55" sony, grindhouse rulez the day

Same here (well, except for the part about the 55" Sony). That way I can just skip most of the flick and get to the good stuff!
26th May 2007 03:24 PM
Trey Krimsin You'll be skipping about two hours worth of film there. The scene with Keith and Johnny Depp was priceless.
26th May 2007 04:42 PM
open-g Haven't seen it yet, but soon.

do they show the scene where he plunders the ATM?

28th May 2007 02:43 PM
lotsajizz ...just saw it, the movie is drivel, but Keith is GREAT!!
28th May 2007 02:49 PM
speedfreakjive aye aye captn, the film doesn't grab me but Keith is great,
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)