ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Birthday Charlie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Convince my friend that the stones rock Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th May 2006 10:24 PM
Chuck Such a whiner.
24th May 2006 10:37 PM
the good
quote:
Turd OnThe Run wrote:
Excerpt from a John Lennon Rolling Stone interview, 1971.

What do you think of the Stones today?

I think it's a lot of hype. I like ``Honky Tonk Women,'' but I think Mick's a joke with all that fag dancing; I always did. I enjoy it; I'll probably go and see his films and all like everybody else, but really, I think it's a joke.

Do you see him much now?

No, I never do see him. We saw a bit of each other when Allen [Klein, Beatles' late-period manager] was first coming in - I think Mick got jealous. I was always very respectful of Mick and the Stones, but he said a lot of sort of tarty things about the Beatles, which I am hurt by because, you know, I can knock the Beatles, but don't let Mick Jagger knock them. I would like to just list what we did and what the Stones did two months after on every fuckin' album. Every fuckin' thing we did, Mick does exactly the same - he imitates us. And I would like one of you fuckin' underground people to point it out. You know, Satanic Majesties is Pepper; ``We Love You,'' it's the most fuckin' bullshit, that's ``All You Need Is Love.'' I resent the implication that the Stones are like revolutionaries and that the Beatles weren't. If the Stones were or are, the Beatles really were, too. But they are not in the same class, musicwise or powerwise, never were. I never said anything, I always admired them, because I like their funky music, and I like their style. I like rock & roll and the direction they took after they got over trying to imitate us. He's obviously so upset by how big the Beatles are compared with him, he never got over it. Now he's in his old age, and he is beginning to knock us, you know, and he keeps knocking. I resent it, because even his second fuckin' record, we wrote it for him. Mick said, ``Peace made money.'' We didn't make any money from peace.

What an insecure loser Lennon could be. I think John was projecting on the jealousy issue. Albert Goldman said Lennon knew the Stones were a better rock band than the Beatles and it drove him crazy.

24th May 2006 10:44 PM
the good
quote:
Turd OnThe Run wrote:
Excerpt from a John Lennon Rolling Stone interview, 1971.

Mick said, ``Peace made money.'' We didn't make any money from peace.

Damn right Mick. The sting in any rebuke lies in the truth.
24th May 2006 10:44 PM
sirmoonie Are we still on this? Why can't we get liquored up and beat the living piss out of this allegedical "friend." We'll call it liquored piss beaten non-Stones friend day. And then smack this bastard up, big time. Yeah.
24th May 2006 10:57 PM
the good
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Are we still on this? Why can't we get liquored up and beat the living piss out of this allegedical "friend." We'll call it liquored piss beaten non-Stones friend day. And then smack this bastard up, big time. Yeah.

I'll bring the Jim Beam and the Natural Light.
24th May 2006 11:31 PM
pdog Get a new friend!
24th May 2006 11:56 PM
Taptrick
what band have the stones ever opened for since 67?

what bands have opened for the stones?

what bands consider opening for the stones the high point of their career?

25th May 2006 11:31 AM
PeerQueer I pointed this out on a previous thread some time ago...

Lennon was very jealous of the Stone's image and all it's inherent projections of danger, revolution, etc.

He both admired and was jealous/insecure of Mick's mega-front-man status. Women wanted to bed Jagger far more than they wanted Lennon, and Lennon, being the passive-aggressive Alpha-Male that he was, would lash out with these kinds of provocative comments from time to time.

It should be noted though, that he did not do so with Keith...few did in fact. By the late 60's - early 70's Keith enjoyed a "don't fuck with him" aura that even his own contemporaries followed.

Lennon was a great talent, while also incredibly weak. A fascinating enigma, unlike, say, Paul, who has always been a simple wank.
25th May 2006 11:35 AM
jb John was a fucking prick. plain and simple...I think he was projecting how a house hen husband felt as the Stones claimed top bill...His fat white ass could never rock like Mick..what a turd.
[Edited by jb]
25th May 2006 12:03 PM
jb
quote:
jb wrote:
John was a fucking prick. plain and simple...I think he was projecting how a house hen husband felt as the Stones claimed top bill...His fat white ass could never rock like Mick..what a turd.
[Edited by jb]

The Beatles were as pop as Arthur Fiedler....the Stones have more rock in their pipes, than the beatles had over 10 yeara..
25th May 2006 12:51 PM
MemoFromTinaTurner What did Mick say that upset John so much? Did he say Yoko was fugly? If that's the case, I understand that he felt insulted but let's face it, saying Yoko is ugly is objective truth, not an insult.
25th May 2006 12:59 PM
jb Besatles =2 gone, 1 about to lose 500 million,. the othe brain dead...fuck them .
25th May 2006 03:34 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:
Besatles =2 gone, 1 about to lose 500 million,. the othe brain dead...fuck them .

You could fuck them with your 18.6 inch cock!!!!!!

Poor Ringo!!!!!
25th May 2006 05:15 PM
the good
quote:
jb wrote:
John was a fucking prick. plain and simple...I think he was projecting how a house hen husband felt as the Stones claimed top bill...His fat white ass could never rock like Mick..what a turd.
[Edited by jb]

That is funny!!!
25th May 2006 05:17 PM
the good
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

It should be noted though, that he did not do so with Keith...few did in fact. By the late 60's - early 70's Keith enjoyed a "don't fuck with him" aura that even his own contemporaries followed.

Why? Was it because of Keith's undeniable songwriting prowess?
25th May 2006 05:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
[Edited by jb]

I was viciously attacked when I stated this 2 years ago. I agree with you. once again, we are right.

as for the topic of this header, who gives a shit, if my friends liked everything I did, I'd be surrounded by a bunch of suck asses...that is what the business world is for.
25th May 2006 05:25 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I was viciously attacked when I stated this 2 years ago. I agree with you. once again, we are right.

as for the topic of this header, who gives a shit, if my friends liked everything I did, I'd be surrounded by a bunch of suck asses...that is what the business world is for.

I admire your work ethic - my wealth and taste were inherited - while yours are self-made. Though mine came at great personal cost...
25th May 2006 05:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

I admire your work ethic - my wealth and taste were inherited - while yours are self-made. Though mine came at great personal cost...

jb predicts he will die in 3-5 years, but hopes the wrongful death lawsuits agitate many courts for years!
25th May 2006 05:59 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

jb predicts he will die in 3-5 years, but hopes the wrongful death lawsuits agitate many courts for years!

He actually passed away years ago, it's just that nobody bothered to tell him!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)