ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Happy Birthday Gazza!!!
© Dave McGough spoiled by Voodoo Chile - Words © Jair "Coca Buena" Mota!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie Banned From Playing Daughter's Wedding Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th May 2007 08:21 AM
swapwoodfortaylor I wouldn't want him on my record player let alone hacking up me wedding!
20th May 2007 08:52 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
To be honest, it is hard growing up with an alcoholic dad, but I think (hope) he's past that. Perhaps her quote was taken out of context too. One way or another though, you don't speak to the press about your dad like that.

Agreed. Seems too harsh, must be more to the story. And I guess she wouldn't tell such a story to the press either, it's too much of a family thing. Usually she comes across as a down-to-earth girl, so I can't imagine this being the whole story.

But anyway, I don't think Ronnie's past that at all. One never truly gets past alcoholism. Not until you die anyway. Same goes for the kids growing up with one for that matter.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
20th May 2007 08:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man See what you mean glencar, but isn't it everyones right to be embarresed by their parents from time to time? A pissed Ronnie stumbling around on stage at your wedding reception may not be her idea of fun and if Ronnie were to fall of the wagon,it'd be at a party!
20th May 2007 10:25 AM
guitarman53
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Agreed. Seems too harsh, must be more to the story. And I guess she wouldn't tell such a story to the press either, it's too much of a family thing. Usually she comes across as a down-to-earth girl, so I can't imagine this being the whole story.

But anyway, I don't think Ronnie's past that at all. One never truly gets past alcoholism. Not until you die anyway. Same goes for the kids growing up with one for that matter.

[Edited by Angiegirl]

There's tons of people who have got past alcoholism, been sober for 20 to 35 years, but it's working the 12 steps of A.A. & families have got their own 12 step program, & they change too, but if she never had this, I can understand her not trusting her drunken father.
Ron has been to a afternoon A.A. meeting in Toronto here, back several years ago, when The Stones practiced for one of their tours.
20th May 2007 10:48 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

There's tons of people who have got past alcoholism, been sober for 20 to 35 years, but it's working the 12 steps of A.A. & families have got their own 12 step program, & they change too, but if she never had this, I can understand her not trusting her drunken father.
Ron has been to a afternoon A.A. meeting in Toronto here, back several years ago, when The Stones practiced for one of their tours.

i can't imagine sirmoonie being sober for 20-35 years

20th May 2007 10:59 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
She is showing how non Paisan she is.
You never throw any relative under the bus, and live to tell about it.

LOL...she needs a crash course in omerta!
20th May 2007 11:33 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Lord Homosex wrote:
I feel in the minority but I just can't see her doing this to her dad. They always seemd tight. This could have been taken out of context, and also twisted in a way to sound a lot more hostile. Those very words said while laughing would come off completely different. And aren't little ladies supposed to get their way on wedding day?
Man I sound like an old pipe smoking dud

Yeah I think you nailed it here. The fact is that it would be perfectly normal for a daughter to be slightly embarassed by her older father taking center stage at her own wedding. I know there have been times that I was embarassed by my own parents when I was a youger lad. It didn't mean that I did not love them very much. Generational differences come into play here. As you have stated this comment would have come across totaly different if she were relating it while joking around and having a laugh. I am sure that was the case. Leah and Ronnie have always seemed very close and I'm sure that she knows who buttered her toast finacially for her entire life.

Riffy
20th May 2007 04:50 PM
Sir Stonesalot A few years back, Flea & I had a little wedding video business. We taped a pile of weddings...Flea still does from time to time.

I can't tell you how many times "Dad" got up in front of everyone at the reception and made a total ass of himself. Making completely inappropriate speeches and toasts. It's really funny when they try to "sing". The cringe factor goes off the charts.

So I don't blame her. I sure as hell wouldn't want my Dad singing at my wedding. Besides, now Ron can just sit back and enjoy the day.

Much ado about nothing, IMO.
20th May 2007 08:57 PM
Bitch Well for those of you who called the little bride-to-be a bitch, shut up! She isnt a bitch, shes a nervous bride who wants a wedding to be HER day. By putting her famous father on stage that takes the attention OFF of her and puts the limelight ONTO WOODY! THAT's the embarassing part, to know that people would find RONNIE more interesting than her and the groom! And, I'm sure she may be worried that RONNIE will grab the attention, and get drunk unintentionally. Any child of an alcoholic is scared of the possible embarassment.
21st May 2007 10:26 AM
Ten Thousand Motels PRINCE PICKS WOOD FOR DUET

Rolling Stones rocker RONNIE WOOD has been picked for a live duet with pop superstar PRINCE, according to his daughter. Leah Wood - who recently revealed she hopes the Purple Rain singer will perform at her upcoming wedding - claims he requested the rocker join him on stage at a recent gig in London. Unfortunately, Ronnie had to snub the offer due to pre-arranged travel commitments, but proud Leah is confident the music legends will team up soon. She says, "Prince called up my dad an hour before his show in Camden, and asked him to join him on stage. "I'm going to spike up his hair especially."

21/05/2007 08:12

21st May 2007 11:51 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
"He's asked if he can do a set but I've said no way. I love my dad, but he's too embarrassing.

agreed.
21st May 2007 02:40 PM
pdog I said this wasn't news and she was misquoted or taken out of context...
What's the problem with us. There's this sick fascination with over analyzing famous peoples lives and the decisions they make...
We need to show the common man our respect...
And we need to worship the common woman. The beautiful but not famous hottie...
Let's get our priorities in order people....

Meow!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Aaaawwwww!!!

Purdy....

21st May 2007 03:00 PM
no night together
I am the worst tackler of the history of rugby, bur as first instinct I felt a bad illegal neck tackle on her.
and why not some stamping on prince.

Now: thinking calmly:

hope and think her quote was taken out of context.
21st May 2007 03:02 PM
pdog This is the most overblown story since it was claimed Taylor quit b/c Keith stole his fork!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)