ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Happy Birthday Gazza!!!
© Dave McGough spoiled by Voodoo Chile - Words © Jair "Coca Buena" Mota!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie Banned From Playing Daughter's Wedding Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th May 2007 12:16 PM
GotToRollMe STONES ROCKER BANNED FROM DAUGHTER'S WEDDING

19/05/2007 14:37

Rolling stones rocker RONNIE WOOD has been banned from performing at his daughter's wedding because she doesn't want her father to cause any embarrassment. Instead, socialite Leah Wood wants veteran musician Prince to perform at her upcoming nuptials to British journalist Jack MACDonald. She says, "He's asked if he can do a set but I've said no way. I love my dad, but he's too embarrassing. Other people may think it's cool - but not me. I wouldn't get a wink of sleep thinking about what he might get up to. I want Prince to perform instead."

Link: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/stones%20rocker%20banned%20from%20daughters%20wedding_1031466
19th May 2007 12:17 PM
Fiji Joe I bet she hasn't been to embarassed to spend his cash all these years...they have a word for women like this
19th May 2007 12:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Come to Voodoo Leah... I'll show you the concept of cool and will give ya the warmest and hottest goodbye to your single status, a good warm up for your honey moon babe
19th May 2007 12:25 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I bet she hasn't been to embarassed to spend his cash all these years...they have a word for women like this

I was thinking "ungrateful bitch," but I know there are plenty others.
19th May 2007 12:30 PM
fireontheplatter i think purple rain is a bit more of a romantic song than knock your teeth out

so, yes price is the better choice.

must be nice eh to have that kind of dough to have him play at your wedding
19th May 2007 12:49 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

Yeah, the dough that her dad brought to the house.

What a little douchebag.
19th May 2007 12:53 PM
fireontheplatter breath on me would have been a nice song for him to play at her wedding...
19th May 2007 01:08 PM
glencar Maybe she didn't want Ronnie waving a banana around at the reception?
19th May 2007 01:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I bet she hasn't been to embarassed to spend his cash all these years...they have a word for women like this

The fact that the article refers to her as "socialite" as if its a job-title speaks volumes...

spoilt little cow
19th May 2007 01:26 PM
Jumacfly What a bitch!!
Don t forget where's your money come from...
19th May 2007 01:30 PM
72Tele Not much of a Prince fan but if I had to choose one it would be I Want To Lick Your Pussy. Although I much prefer the Ween version.
19th May 2007 01:38 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The fact that the article refers to her as "socialite" as if its a job-title speaks volumes...

spoilt little cow

That's exactly what I was thinking...She seems of the Paris Hilton variety...maybe not as skanky
19th May 2007 01:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i think purple rain is a bit more of a romantic song than knock your teeth out

so, yes price is the better choice.

I think her statement that she'd want Prince to play was more a reflection of her personal taste than the likelihood of it happening.
19th May 2007 01:49 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I think her statement that she'd want Prince to play was more a reflection of her personal taste than the likelihood of it happening.

Oh it could happen...if daddy pays for it
19th May 2007 03:31 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

i know
19th May 2007 03:56 PM
luxury1 but she wasnt too embarrassed to be on stage with him and the Rolling Stones that one tour. Could she even sing??
19th May 2007 04:21 PM
luxury1 ...what a bunch of weirdo elitists we are.

Only we can bash Ronnie, I guess. Anyones else tries, and we get our panties in a bunch!!
19th May 2007 04:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
but she wasnt too embarrassed to be on stage with him and the Rolling Stones that one tour. Could she even sing??

Hard to say as by the end of the tour the backing vocalists area of the stage resembled a bunfight in a creche with various kids and bit part players jostling for position around a couple of microphones. I've seen her sing in Woody's band however. She's OK, but nothing remarkable.

quote:
luxury1 wrote:
...what a bunch of weirdo elitists we are.

Only we can bash Ronnie, I guess. Anyones else tries, and we get our panties in a bunch!!

We don't all bash him willy-nilly. However, calling your father an "embarassment" in print is a bit ungrateful and disrespectful. If Woody wasnt her dad, Leah would probably be working on the checkout till at Woolworth's. She certainly wouldnt be modelling or have had much of a musical career.

[Edited by Gazza]
19th May 2007 04:28 PM
FotiniD
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
...what a bunch of weirdo elitists we are.

That thought crossed my mind too

To be honest, it is hard growing up with an alcoholic dad, but I think (hope) he's past that. Perhaps her quote was taken out of context too. One way or another though, you don't speak to the press about your dad like that.
19th May 2007 04:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Perhaps her quote was taken out of context too.

Yes...perhaps. That is possible.
19th May 2007 05:11 PM
danielharris627 What a bitch...
19th May 2007 05:42 PM
Lord Homosex I feel in the minority but I just can't see her doing this to her dad. They always seemd tight. This could have been taken out of context, and also twisted in a way to sound a lot more hostile. Those very words said while laughing would come off completely different. And aren't little ladies supposed to get their way on wedding day?
Man I sound like an old pipe smoking dud
19th May 2007 06:27 PM
pdog This is not news... Who even knows how true it is, or if she was misquoted or if she just wanted Prince to play and some asshole decided to make this up... But! Who cares? This is not news!
19th May 2007 07:07 PM
Nellcote She is showing how non Paisan she is.
You never throw any relative under the bus, and live to tell about it.
20th May 2007 12:32 AM
Chuck She was misquoted. She really wants Mick Taylor.
20th May 2007 02:13 AM
mojoman
quote:
Chuck wrote:
She was misquoted. She really wants Mick Taylor.

a rolling stone jammin at the wedding? this chick is out to lunch.
20th May 2007 03:08 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
You never throw any relative under the bus, and live to tell about it.

Ha, trust me, it depends on the relative
20th May 2007 07:08 AM
luxury1 bunfight in a creche?? WHAAAAAAAAT? THat's a new one for me, Gazza!
20th May 2007 07:58 AM
Honky Tonk Man I think some are being a little harsh here. Sure, she is rich and spoilt, but we are seeing it from the point of view of people who are not so well off perhaps. Also, I don’t think we have the right to judge people we don’t know. We are looking at it with tinted glasses. So what if she doesn’t want her father to perform. It is HER big day after all.
20th May 2007 08:15 AM
glencar I think it's more the way she said it, HTM. If she had framed it as giving "Dad" a day off, that would have sounded much better. Mucho mucho better-o!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)