ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Three years of "Banquete de Pordioseros The message board in Spanish
Photo is Cucho Peņaloza by Javier Zapata
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Greetings/Any Winter tour news......From Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th May 2006 03:05 AM
IanBillen
Greetings all. Made it back to Ohio in one piece. School is under the belt. Ok now, any news on a winter tour back in the states, as in kinda like No Security or is this one a wrap after the summer gigs? Actually, although I missed them this time for the first tour since 1981 I kinda think they should cap it after the summer and fall.

Nice to see all these lovely people still posting away....

LadyJane, Pdog, Glencar, SirStonesalot, my sweet William Perks, ahhhh just lovely.

Ian
19th May 2006 03:34 AM
FotiniD Ian! Where have you been dear? Nice to see you posting again

No news about winter yet - heck, we don't even know for sure what's going to happen in the summer
19th May 2006 03:39 AM
IanBillen
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Ian! Where have you been dear? Nice to see you posting again

No news about winter yet - heck, we don't even know for sure what's going to happen in the summer

Hey what up there!

I was away in Arizona and LA going to school and then doing an internship. Back now. Didn't always have a working computer with hardly any time to look into fixing it on my own....funds were very low. So I had to just sulk (lol) until I had the time to resolve it one way or another..
I still checked in here and there. Cheers to you Brother.

Ian

Ian
19th May 2006 05:08 AM
Zack Well, Keith had this accident, see . . . something about his head and a coconut. Now things are all meshugena

. . . . from Zack
19th May 2006 05:21 AM
Gazza Welcome back, Ian

Wouldnt expect any solid info on US shows for a while. I think they have enough on their plate trying to rearrange European shows - and as yet dont know how many need to be rescheduled

Supposedly, they were going to play 18-20 arena shows in the US beginning late September, probably in major markets, followed by a return to Asia late November and the end of the tour in hawaii early December.

I would imagine that any extension to the European tour will lead to the US start date being put back as there will probably be a month or so between Europe and the US.

Of course, after whats happened they might feel that Europe will be enough for this tour, so we'll have to see.
19th May 2006 05:35 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Welcome back, Ian

Wouldnt expect any solid info on US shows for a while. I think they have enough on their plate trying to rearrange European shows - and as yet dont know how many need to be rescheduled

Supposedly, they were going to play 18-20 arena shows in the US beginning late September, probably in major markets, followed by a return to Asia late November and the end of the tour in hawaii early December.

I would imagine that any extension to the European tour will lead to the US start date being put back as there will probably be a month or so between Europe and the US.

Of course, after whats happened they might feel that Europe will be enough for this tour, so we'll have to see.

why would they want to go back to Asia?
19th May 2006 06:37 AM
Gazza Why would they want to go back to the US as theyve already played 3,000 shows there this tour? ;-)

theyre not going back to the same parts of Asia as they did in the spring - this time it'll probably just be India

Seems they want the tour to end in Hawaii and give the crew a little holiday there as a thank you

I personally dont like the omens of ending a tour in Hawaii. Brian and Mick taylor's last US shows were there! Its a disturbing trend!
19th May 2006 06:40 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Why would they want to go back to the US as theyve already played 3,000 shows there this tour? ;-)

theyre not going back to the same parts of Asia as they did in the spring - this time it'll probably just be India

Seems they want the tour to end in Hawaii and give the crew a little holiday there as a thank you

I personally dont like the omens of ending a tour in Hawaii. Brian and Mick taylor's last US shows were there! Its a disturbing trend!

yeah, but i can't imagine the last Stones show will be anywhere else but either New York or London
19th May 2006 06:49 AM
Staffan
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

yeah, but i can't imagine the last Stones show will be anywhere else but either New York or London

I heard they were going to finish off the tour in Omaha ?!!?!
19th May 2006 06:55 AM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

the last Stones show wont be planned or announced as such.

we'll only know it was the last show some time afterwards
[Edited by Gazza]
19th May 2006 06:59 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

the last Stones show wont be planned or announced as such.

we'll only know it was the last show some time afterwards
[Edited by Gazza]

nah, they won't go out like that, surely..........
19th May 2006 07:13 AM
LadyJane Welcome back, Ian.

This place really isn't the same without you.

Just don't do anything to get deleted.

LJ.
19th May 2006 08:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

nah, they won't go out like that, surely..........

they will if one of them croaks it first.

Which I believe will be what ends it. This band will continue in some shape of form until that happens.
19th May 2006 08:07 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

they will if one of them croaks it first.

Which I believe will be what ends it. This band will continue in some shape of form until that happens.

probably true
19th May 2006 08:12 AM
BILL PERKS WELCOME BACK, IAN.HOPE THINGS ARE WELL.
19th May 2006 08:13 AM
BILL PERKS WELCOME BACK, IAN.HOPE THINGS ARE WELL.
19th May 2006 09:06 AM
gimmekeef Welcome back Ian.....With all thats happened with Keith my hunch is Europe will be it until Summer/Fall of 2008..if then...and I agree with Gazza that they'll never announce a "this is it night"...no need to be the Who in that regard...coming and going as it were...
19th May 2006 09:35 AM
speedfreakjive why not do an all day festival - as the last gig - with all the Stones' imitators preceding them on the bill........... then again, make it an all weekender!!

Opening song - Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You!!
19th May 2006 11:36 AM
Saint Sway Stones wil do a short tour of North America in the fall. THIS IS CONFIRMED.

THE ROLLING STONES // A BIGGER BIGGER BANG // FALL 06
The tour will be a very limited engagement with the Stones only playing a few select cities (Boston, Philadelphia, New York, Miami, Atlanta, Raleigh, Washington DC, Arlington, Buffalo, Tampa, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Tempe, Kansas City, Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Seattle, San Fransicso, Santa Fe, Oakland, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Portland (OR), Portland (ME), Orlando, Hartford, Denver, Boulder, Minneapolis, Memphis, Albuquerque, East Rutherford, Bristol, Little Rock, Santa Fe, Des Moines, Columbus, Richmond, Sacramento, Anaheim, Charleston, Jackson, Louisville, Nashville, Pheonix, Indianapolis, Atlantic City, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Dover, Binghamton, Albany and Honolulu. For many of these select cities fans will get to see the Stones perform at smaller venues - primarily outdoor football stadiums with a few select football/baseball/soccer stadiums as well. Tickets will be made available thru the fan club. Membership will be $150. Membership will provide you with a password to a presale tickets for seats in the back of the floor and the 1st and 2nd levels. Everyone that purchases a minimum of four tickets will also be given access to view exclusive Rollings Stones A Bigger Bigger Bang Tour content on their website that includes six live photographs and a set list from each show. Ticket prices will begin at $1,000. And will be available for floor, 1st Tier, 2nd, Tier and 3rd Tier seating. A limited number of select Golden Circle Seats will be available for $2,000. Golden Circle Seats will be situated in the 1st 75 rows of the floor and the 1st and 2nd Tiers. Golden Circle Seats will only be available to Fan Club members that purchase the Deluxe Bigger Bang Membership for $350. In addition to exclusive pre-sale access to Golde Circle Seats, Deluxe Bigger Bang Membership owners will also receive a complimentary Rolling Stones A Bigger Bigger Bang tour, laminate and private access to a pre-show party with complimentary drink coupon and exclusive souvenier Deluxe Bigger Bang Rolling Stones tongue logo pin. All Deluxe Bigger Bang Membership owners also recieve 5% off of all merchandise from The Rolling Stones Official Store. For all upcoming tour information, including ticket on-sale information and Rolling Stones Fan Club Membership and Deluxe Bigger Bang Fan Club Memberhip log onto www.rollingstones.com. Exclusive pre-sale tickets for Atlanta, Boston, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Washington D.C. go on sale on Friday May 11th at 12 a.m. EST.
19th May 2006 12:03 PM
Gazza a few select cities? all 60 of them? LOL.

Thats funny. Liked the last line about the presales starting a week before we get told about it....LMAO
[Edited by Gazza]
19th May 2006 02:44 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
a few select cities? all 60 of them? LOL.

Thats funny. Liked the last line about the presales starting a week before we get told about it....LMAO

I remember being at the Lincoln Center for their press conference performance and Cohl coming on after their performance and telling us that tix for Fenway went on sale earlier on their website.... oh thanks Mike!
19th May 2006 02:46 PM
pdog Ian lives!
19th May 2006 02:46 PM
glencar Welcome back, IanBillen! You go to school? Wow!
19th May 2006 02:47 PM
pdog I'm still dealing with the first grade exit exam!
19th May 2006 02:48 PM
glencar Yes, but your son will help you in 2 years, no?
19th May 2006 02:51 PM
Highwire Rob Are you gellin'?

We're all gellin' like IanBillen!
19th May 2006 05:47 PM
IanBillen
Gee THANK YOU everyone!!!!,

I am very, very, surprised as well as humbled.

I never knew I would be missed and in actuality, I expected everyone to slag me. In all honesty, this thread was kind-of
a joke.

50% just to say hello, and that I am permantly back to the board.

50% as a put-on, thinking I would be told to just go away again, no shit.

But I truly Thank you guys. I am very glad that all of you are still here. I was like, hmmmm, home is still home, and when I got the internet connected again one of the first places I went was here at Rocksoff and I was like, GREAT Rocks off is still Rocks off, with all the same members.

You guys ROCK!

Ian
19th May 2006 05:50 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, but your son will help you in 2 years, no?

Yes!
You bastard!
A-B-C-D-M-O-U-S-E
19th May 2006 06:07 PM
Saint Sway Welcome back.... Ian Billen!

dont ever let people bully you or tell you to go away.
feel free to post whatever the fuck you want and dont take any shit from anyone on this site (including me)

quote:
IanBillen wrote:

I never knew I would be missed and in actuality, I expected everyone to slag me. In all honesty, this thread was kind-of
a joke.

But I truly Thank you guys. I am very glad that all of you are still here. I was like, hmmmm, home is still home, and when I got the internet connected again one of the first places I went was here at Rocksoff and I was like, GREAT Rocks off is still Rocks off, with all the same members.

You guys ROCK!

Ian

19th May 2006 06:08 PM
gypsy
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

a joke.

You guys ROCK!

Ian

Ian, you're part of our little asylum here. We wouldn't give you shit if we didn't like you.

YOU rock!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)