ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Three years of "Banquete de Pordioseros The message board in Spanish
Photo is Cucho Peñaloza by Javier Zapata
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pete Doherty Empties Syringe On MTV Camera Crew Return to archive Page: 1 2
16th May 2006 09:06 AM
Honky Tonk Man http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006220357,00.html
16th May 2006 09:09 AM
Gazza ho hum, another week, another bit of proof that the guy is an even more pathetic wanker than he was the week before

Does anyone actually care about his music anymore? seems hes only going to be remembered for making a dick of himself on a regular basis
FotiniD OK, the guy's seriously gone...
lotsajizz he needs a guardianship and residential rehab

or he'll be dead in a year

16th May 2006 09:11 AM
M.O.W.A.T. Pete Doherty --- what a waste of skin.
16th May 2006 09:17 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:
ho hum, another week, another bit of proof that the guy is an even more pathetic wanker than he was the week before

Does anyone actually care about his music anymore? seems hes only going to be remembered for making a dick of himself on a regular basis

I don't think many cared about his music much anyway, except those who were fans of The Libertines. Besides, he has'nt wriiten anything really noteworthy for a few years now. Like you said, he's an utter wanker who'll only ever be remembered for being an idiotic junkie and dating Kate Moss. It's unfortunate, but he's dug his own grave.
16th May 2006 09:34 AM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I don't think many cared about his music much anyway, except those who were fans of The Libertines.

Libertines fans must be plentiful and not have listened to much music, because they seem to have voted him the 2nd greatest rocker of all time!!

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/223241-1.html

The appeal of whatever music he HAS put out is lost on me, I must admit.
16th May 2006 09:51 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Libertines fans must be plentiful and not have listened to much music, because they seem to have voted him the 2nd greatest rocker of all time!!

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/223241-1.html

The appeal of whatever music he HAS put out is lost on me, I must admit.

The fact that he was voted in at number 2 in an NME poll says it all. The magazine championed the band since day 1, but I'd bet you that if the poll were to be conducted in any other magazine, he wouldn’t rate so highly, if at all. I personally really liked The Libertines, but then again, they were so much more than Pete Doherty. Most people who think he's cool are aged around 16. I think that explains things.
16th May 2006 09:54 AM
Gazza I know. People read so much into polls without thinking what kind of age group theyre asking. As if your average 16 year old is going to know who Keith Richards is.
16th May 2006 09:56 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I know. People read so much into polls without thinking what kind of age group theyre asking. As if your average 16 year old is going to know who Keith Richards is.

Exactly. Just think it lucky that Keith was voted in at all. I think he's near the end of the list somewhere!!
16th May 2006 10:29 AM
UGot2Rollme I guess he needs to do stuff like this to keep his 15 minutes of fame going...certainly can't do it through the music anymore
16th May 2006 10:51 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
I guess he needs to do stuff like this to keep his 15 minutes of fame going...certainly can't do it through the music anymore

Maybe. Though, I don't truly think it was ever really his attention to become a tabloid star. He may be playing up to it now, but it was Kate Moss who really put him in the situation he’s in now. Whether she’s famous or not, what red blooded male would say no? Before she came along, the only thing non-music fans of his new about him was him being banged up for robbing his band mates flat. That story had long since died down.
16th May 2006 11:08 AM
Saint Sway disgusting
16th May 2006 12:22 PM
Zeeta Even the NME don't like this tool anymore, and that's saying something. They love sucking the cocks of victims of "rock and roll". But recently he's gone too far, even for them.

Everyone has tried to help the lad but it's past that now. He's a goner and if he carries on the way he's going then I'd have to say - good riddance you tit!

Superb 1st Libertines album and not bad second but he's fucked now...sad but true ladies and gents.

[Edited by Zeeta]
16th May 2006 12:58 PM
gimmekeef This shithead sure gets enough mindspace round here....Who is he?
16th May 2006 01:15 PM
Factory Girl I care about Pete's music!!! I Think he's so talented with or without the Libertines!!

I'm really enjoying the Babyshambles cd "down in Albion"!!!

(Thank you to my secret Stud Muffin!!!

I think Pete is having a breakdown. He needs to be checked in to a hospital or to rehab!
[Edited by Factory Girl]
16th May 2006 01:15 PM
pdog This may sound extreme, but I kinda look forward to him OD'n... Doesn't have to die, but it might be his wake up call, if he gets near death.
If he does die, then he can be propped up with all the other dead junkie rock stars and go down in history as another one who tried to be like Keef!
16th May 2006 01:31 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
This shithead sure gets enough mindspace round here....Who is he?

Oh dear. Pete Doherty was the co-frontman of an English band called The Libertines. They were excellent and released two studio albums. However, Pete Doherty’s drug addictions led to him being booted out and it ultimately ended the band.

He now fronts an outfit called Babyshambles who have released a moderately successful album titled Down In Albion. It contains a few good ideas, but only a couple of tracks reach the standard he's capable of. Unfortunately, this group will always be in the shadow of his media antics and don't stand a chance because of it.
16th May 2006 01:42 PM
Factory Girl HTM,

Check PM!
16th May 2006 01:47 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Oh dear. Pete Doherty was the co-frontman of an English band called The Libertines. They were excellent and released two studio albums. However, Pete Doherty’s drug addictions led to him being booted out and it ultimately ended the band.

He now fronts an outfit called Babyshambles who have released a moderately successful album titled Down In Albion. It contains a few good ideas, but only a couple of tracks reach the standard he's capable of. Unfortunately, this group will always be in the shadow of his media antics and don't stand a chance because of it.

Thanks Honky Tonk...so guess he's a fairly talented junkie.More press for antics than his career output would warrant.Just had never heard about his music..Thanks again..
16th May 2006 04:46 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Thanks Honky Tonk...so guess he's a fairly talented junkie.More press for antics than his career output would warrant.Just had never heard about his music..Thanks again..

You're welcome. If you have a few spare bucks, track down the first Libertines album. It's called Up The Bracket and I defy anyone who says it's no good!
17th May 2006 06:58 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

You're welcome. If you have a few spare bucks, track down the first Libertines album. It's called Up The Bracket and I defy anyone who says it's no good!

Yes "Up the Bracket" is just brilliant! I also think the 2nd Libertines cd is very good also.

HTM, check PM!
[Edited by Factory Girl]
17th May 2006 07:09 AM
corgi37 Is he the magical age of 27 yet? I have not heard a note of his music and i doubt i will suffer if i dont. English music and music fans really are hopeless these days.

Since Spice Girls anyway.
17th May 2006 07:13 AM
FotiniD He actually turned 27... March 12th.
17th May 2006 07:16 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Is he the magical age of 27 yet? I have not heard a note of his music and i doubt i will suffer if i dont. English music and music fans really are hopeless these days.

Since Spice Girls anyway.

He is actually 27!

English music and fans are not "hopeless" these days. The rock 'n' roll scene amongst teenagers and those in there 20's is huge here at the moment. Far more so than in America where hip-hop and R'nb rule the roost. That's BIG over here too, but more so with the singles market. I'd say that bands like The Killers, The Kaiser Chiefs and Green Day all fared better in the UK charts than anywhere else.
17th May 2006 07:28 AM
Honky Tonk Man
17th May 2006 07:53 AM
Factory Girl 'Allo Kate?? Yikes...
17th May 2006 07:55 AM
speedfreakjive PD = stupid singer
17th May 2006 08:17 AM
Honky Tonk Man These photoswere taken at a Babyshambles gig earlier this week in Berlin.

17th May 2006 08:21 AM
mac_daddy
and they were taken after witnessing him smoking the rock...

link to the news and pics...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)