ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Three years of "Banquete de Pordioseros The message board in Spanish
Photo is Cucho Peņaloza by Javier Zapata
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: To Pug (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
16th May 2006 03:21 PM
pdog Having heard the new single alot, I have to say, I like Vedder's voice now, I didn't like it before. Something has changed. The music has always rocked, and I know firsthand, they're very good live!
Enjoy it! You earned it!
16th May 2006 03:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
Having heard the new single alot, I have to say, I like Vedder's voice now, I didn't like it before. Something has changed. The music has always rocked, and I know firsthand, they're very good live!
Enjoy it! You earned it!

i will be picking up my ten club tickets in a few hours. They are now an acquired taste. People either love them or hate them. Most of the everyday fan left after Vitalogy. I enjoy their last 4 albums more than I enjoy Vs or Vitalogy (aside from Satans Bed)
16th May 2006 03:45 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I shall see Pearl Jam tonite after I finish the necessary paperwork for my new accounts from last week.

remember to wear your baseball cap backwards, sport your fraternity t-shirt and drink lots of cheap beer and you'll fit in fine!
16th May 2006 03:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

remember to wear your baseball cap backwards, sport your fraternity t-shirt and drink lots of cheap beer and you'll fit in fine!

you apparently have not been to the United Center before....cheep beer does not exist, I am prepared to pay $7 per beer for myself and $8.50 per Mai Tai for my lovely wife.
16th May 2006 03:49 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you apparently have not been to the United Center before....cheep beer does not exist, I am prepared to pay $7 per beer for myself and $8.50 per Mai Tai for my lovely wife.

Apparently you haven't been to a concert in Los Angeles - that IS cheap!
16th May 2006 03:50 PM
Saint Sway cheap as in Bud Lite. Not $$

I live in NYC. So S7 is still cheap, btw.
16th May 2006 03:52 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
You're to humble... You have great taste in music and speak your mind. I know we would disagree on alot of stuff, but we agree on so much too. Instead of running in the race at the Special Olympuics, how about you be my coach.

Thank you very much for the vote of confidence! I will try not to let it go to my head though. I value most contributions here and enjoy participating but if I ever get to the point where most of my posts are about what a great poster I am, hopefully someone will just shoot me in the head.
16th May 2006 03:56 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
Having heard the new single alot, I have to say, I like Vedder's voice now, I didn't like it before. Something has changed. The music has always rocked, and I know firsthand, they're very good live!
Enjoy it! You earned it!

After almost forgetting they even existed, I kinda like the new single too. Somewhat interested in seeing them at the Forum, checked it out, pulled a good seat but I just couldn't bring myself to spend the $65. I saw Motley Crue from the almost the exact same spot for $20 and I can't imagine enjoying this one quite as much.
16th May 2006 04:08 PM
pdog If you could enjoy a Crue show, you will be in heaven seeing PJ.
16th May 2006 08:05 PM
glencar
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Well that solves it. I called this on Pug when he promised the "Enemies List" and never came through with it. Many cred points were lost on that. It seems he became drunk with power and ultimately, was his own down fall. You're lucky you seperated yorself from that JB.

Joshy, I nominate Altamont as a Pluggy replacement. He's much netter already. He just needs to add to his productivity.
17th May 2006 01:48 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:

Joshy, I nominate Altamont as a Pluggy replacement. He's much netter already. He just needs to add to his productivity.

I still suggest cancelling your London Trip...it has disaster written all over it...you are a shell of your former self and your guests will be humiliated.

BTW, Coronas were $9 tonite...yikes..oh well.
17th May 2006 10:06 AM
jb I am beginning, gridingly, to like Dan. We certainly have had our disagreements(see Aersosmith), but I supported him long before that on the "Hollywood Bowl" thing, and he seems to have a sense of humor, which is more than ,most on some days.
17th May 2006 10:18 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I am beginning, gridingly, to like Dan. We certainly have had our disagreements(see Aersosmith), but I supported him long before that on the "Hollywood Bowl" thing, and he seems to have a sense of humor, which is more than ,most on some days.

are things tight in Boca? I have been informed that your cell phone has been shut off? Do you need me to western union some pocket cash over?
17th May 2006 10:24 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

are things tight in Boca? I have been informed that your cell phone has been shut off? Do you need me to western union some pocket cash over?

Hello Pug,
And as usual, while you were "out", I kept your name in the spotlights with yet another fantastic post. Joey is also, as you know, unavailble. I was in court all day yesterday, and as I can see, the board was temporarily euthanized as you added nothing in our absence. I hope this post encourages you to contribute more, and show that Joey and I did not wate our time training you..............I have recieved a new # and it will n ot be givne out to anyone except Swedish Erik.
17th May 2006 10:28 AM
voodoopug

quote:
jb wrote:

Hello Pug,
And as usual, while you were "out", I kept your name in the spotlights with yet another fantastic post. Joey is also, as you know, unavailble. I was in court all day yesterday, and as I can see, the board was temporarily euthanized as you added nothing in our absence. I hope this post encourages you to contribute more, and show that Joey and I did not wate our time training you..............I have recieved a new # and it will n ot be givne out to anyone except Swedish Erik.

17th May 2006 01:11 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
I am beginning, gridingly, to like Dan. We certainly have had our disagreements(see Aersosmith), but I supported him long before that on the "Hollywood Bowl" thing, and he seems to have a sense of humor, which is more than ,most on some days.

I feel the same way about you. You are truly an innovative poster. I decided to hold posters to the same standards as I hold my favorite bands and not allow second rate copycats to reflect badly on the originators.

Also, I challenge anyone here to drink 4 cans of Sparks and just hang out outside of any concert venue.
17th May 2006 01:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

I feel the same way about you. You are truly an innovative poster. I decided to hold posters to the same standards as I hold my favorite bands and not allow second rate copycats to reflect badly on the originators.

Also, I challenge anyone here to drink 4 cans of Sparks and just hang out outside of any concert venue.

why not just buy a ticket and go in? Also, what is Sparks? Is that the energy drink with alcohol in it?
17th May 2006 01:43 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
why not just buy a ticket and go in?

In that particular case, the plan all along was to listen from outside. I am used to paying $5-15 for gigs at the Hollywood Bowl.

quote:

Also, what is Sparks? Is that the energy drink with alcohol in it?

Yep, thats it! More than 2 and I become absolutely insane.
17th May 2006 01:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

In that particular case, the plan all along was to listen from outside. I am used to paying $5-15 for gigs at the Hollywood Bowl.

Yep, thats it! More than 2 and I become absolutely insane.

I would probably not enjoy the "insane feeling" from Sparks, not my cup of tea. I can envision this as a very successful product with the success of red bull/vodka or similar drinks.

I guess I would just hate being on the outside looking in and don't have the patience to deal with street sellers of tickets.
17th May 2006 02:35 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I would probably not enjoy the "insane feeling" from Sparks, not my cup of tea. I can envision this as a very successful product with the success of red bull/vodka or similar drinks.

I am not sure if I like the insane feeling myself knowing all the ways the Bowl experience could have gone south though in retrospect I have absolutely no regrets.

quote:

I guess I would just hate being on the outside looking in and don't have the patience to deal with street sellers of tickets.

See, with me, I am so burned out on the concert experience, it doesn't matter if I get in or not and scoring dirt cheap tickets adds a thrilling element to the experience that would otherwise be lacking.
17th May 2006 03:22 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

I am not sure if I like the insane feeling myself knowing all the ways the Bowl experience could have gone south though in retrospect I have absolutely no regrets.

See, with me, I am so burned out on the concert experience, it doesn't matter if I get in or not and scoring dirt cheap tickets adds a thrilling element to the experience that would otherwise be lacking.

and for that I do respect you, you have found a new way to make an old flame exciting.
17th May 2006 04:21 PM
Dan My research shows the Blondie show on Saturday will cost $0-10. Full report forthcoming.
17th May 2006 04:26 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
My research shows the Blondie show on Saturday will cost $0-10. Full report forthcoming.

Blondie is playing what bar?
17th May 2006 04:29 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Blondie is playing what bar?

Its Blondie the band (Deborah Harry/Chris Stein) with The New Cars (lamest most pointless "reunion" ever) at the Universal Amphitheatre (capacity 6,200). Tickets are $78.50 and I have been pulling multiple Orch AA, BB and JJ's the last few days. The venue is within walking distance so I will be hanging out on Citywalk and possibly seeing a very cheap concert. However Blondie is on first so I may have to pay up to $10 to get in if they haven't started papering by 8:00
17th May 2006 07:55 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Also, what is Sparks?

18th May 2006 01:50 PM
Some Guy survived deletion
18th May 2006 01:54 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
survived deletion

this thread is one of JB's better threads. However, nowhere in the same league as his Pug thread today. That shit was hilarious. And deleted. Why?? WHY??? WHY???
18th May 2006 01:56 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

this thread is one of JB's better threads. However, nowhere in the same league as his Pug thread today. That shit was hilarious. And deleted. Why?? WHY??? WHY???

Deletion envy! So sad!
18th May 2006 02:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I am what is hip and current.....on a day when the boards would be nothing more than the "Phylis Diller dry Cha Cha" times described by Joey....jb has masterfully used the legend of the pug (and cape) to captivate, enrage, and engage many. (I sense a few dreams have also come true!).
19th May 2006 12:24 AM
jb I sense you and Saint Sway are "off" again?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)